Tax Representation Fraud

IBSN Inc & IBSN India Ltd
I want to report a very serious issue against IBSN and would like to request all readers to take a note of my case and refrain from dealing with IBSN. I also noticed that there are similar multiple complaints filed dating back to 2009 on this forum and its 2012 and this fraudulent company is still running!! Year after Year IBSN has been cheating & looting … don’t know… 100’s 1000’s of innocent tax payers. I am not sure why has there been no action against this company until now.

My experience with IBSN ---- Dec 2011, I received IRS audit notices for Tax Year 2009 & 2010 for the tax returns that IBSN filed for me. My first instinct was to contact IBSN and I tried email addresses & phone numbers listed on the company website (http://myibsn.com/) as I had paid IBSN around 830 USD for unlimited tax representation (in the event of IRS notices) for tax years 2009/2010. Frustrated with NO CALL ANSWERS & EMAILS BOUNCING BACK, I came to this forum and realized that I was yet another IBSN victim. I immediately emailed my concerns to Laxmi Palyapu (Chief Knowledge Officer at IBSN) & Vikram Ravoori (vikram.ravoori@ibsnus.com, laxmi.palaypu@ibsnus.com). Laxmi replied to me immediately promising all the help and support that they are supposed to provide under their “unlimited tax representation” service offering that I had already paid for (830 USD) and asked me to get my IRS notice response due date extended by 1 month, which I did (new IRS due date Jan 27 2012). Her promise, however, didn’t buy my trust as the reviews on this forum were so bad that I started reading & understanding IRS tax laws myself in order to prep for IRS notice response as a backup. THANK GOD THAT I DID!! In the absence of no proactive calls & no sign of any response draft from IBSN; I sent my response to IRS on Jan 27 2012 and settled my case with IRS on March 28 2012 while paying overdue taxes of 4642 USD ($191 in Penalty) to IRS. Thanks to the IRS audit officer who worked with me for 2 complete months to explain the IRS tax rules and making adjustments to my case based on my explanations. In the process, I realized that IBSN had totally misrepresented my tax returns. On March 28 2012, I sent an email to Laxmi Palyapu again asking for a refund of 1021 USD (830 for tax representation services & 191 for IRD penalty charges) that she had promised to pay back and I have not heard back from her ever since.

Clearly following up with IBSN on tax audit closure has been a complete waste of my time and energy. After 3 months of continuous follow up I have been left out in cold and to the mercy of an irresponsible, unresponsive IBSN staff and business practices. Why would I go to a tax service company (with so called CPAs etc.) paying exorbitant filing fees if I have to cross check what IRS tax laws/rules have they applied to my returns?? If I had the required knowledge I would as well file my own returns, which by the way starting with tax year 2011 I have started. I am not sure if I will ever get my money back but if the authorities reading this thread can take action against this Scam Company “IBSN Inc.” / “IBSN India Ltd”, PLEASE SHUT THIS COMPANY DOWN AND SAVE INNOCENT TAX PAYERS!! I can also share the proof of my email conversation with Laxmi Palyapu, if needed.
Complaint comments Comments (19) Complaint country United States Complaint category Tax Services
Was the above complaint useful?

29th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
I stay in houston. I used IBSN and i also recommended then to my friends. But they took my money and never gave me the service at the right time. I missed my tax filing deadline and I made at least 10 to 20 calls every day and sent mails after mails to get then to respond. They finally responded. They are not professional. They cannot be trusted. The same was the case with my friend also. He had to make several calls and mails to get these guys to response. Please do not use their service.
 5th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes

IBSN Tax - Cheaters - Don't return the duplicate payment

They are the worst kind of tax preparation firm. They keep calling you for the tax preparation but once you make payment, they do not take calls or reply to emails.

I made a duplicate payment and I have been sending emails and calling them but no reply. It's been over a month now. I am planning to report them to IRS and BBB. I was so dumb to trust them.
 23rd of May, 2011 by    0 Votes

IBSN Tax - No Upate on Tax Return
Chirag Vaidya
United Kingdom
Phone: 07424907482

I have paid more than $400 for tax submission to IBSN. Its been two month and still the IBSN site shows that my file is pending fedral acceptance. I have tried sending many emails and calling the contact numbers provided on the IBSN site. But none of the numbers work.

I want to know what's happening with my tax return. Can someone please update me on this.

Chirag Vaidya
 23rd of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
 27th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes

IBSN Tax - Fraud fillind of US taxation

Even I am trying to get in contact with them from past 2 months .
I have alrady paid the amount as a Fees. Nothing is working at all.
Even I did not get return and processing fees as well
Please let me know if any one finds there where abouts . Please let me know
I am badly in search of the, contact me @ kaushal.khare@yahoo.com
 31st of May, 2011 by    0 Votes

IBSN Tax - Not trust worthy
New Jersey

I also have been sending emails and tried all the possible phone numbers on IBSN website, all over the internet for nothing. I have been filing taxes with IBSN for 4 years now and just received a letter from IRS for my 2009 tax returns where you completely missed filing taxes for my wife. This is my last resort to contact you and hoping IBSN would respond ASAP. my file# is C13950.

Madhusudan DS
 1st of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
I am also facing the same problem.

There is no update from IBSN. No support, no response. I tried calling all the numbers given in the site, but no response.

2nd of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes

IBSN Tax - IBSN TAX not responding

I tried calling ibsn team and dropped many emails but no one is replying. I already paid for my tax return and wanted to make some correction to return but now they are not responding. I am planning to fill my tax return from some other company even I already money to ibsn. IBSN team is you listening then my last name is Dhannawat. check in your database.

Don't trust IBSN. Looks like they are out of business.
 3rd of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
HI...The efile that they did was rejected and they never got back to me..Since I didnt get my refund I had to call IRS to find that these dumb idiots had put wrong name and never told me about it. Its horrible to experience how they keep calling you before taxes and after that you cannot get intouch with anyone...I did a research on Laxmi and thats how I am finding all these issues...worst part is untill one gets burnt we dont do a search for review...I have to get my taxes redone and all the money and fees I paid are waste. Spoiling the Indian community names, , Why?????
I am going to log a comlaint at url - http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx
These people are really fraud and we guys have to come up and incure our losses.
No refund - No Fees return and all the phone are switched off.
 3rd of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
Indra, Let me know what is your file number is...you can email the file number to laxmi.palaypu@ibsnus.com
 15th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
I am facing the same thing.. I paid the taxation fees and they sent an email stating they will be filing an extension since its last minute. And "NO RESPONSE" after that. I keep leaving messages on IBSN for past two months and no one responds back. I keep calling on their numbers which has been switched off for long now.

Is anyone from IBSN alive??
 6th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes

IBSN Tax- I am not able to trace my file returns and there is no sign of IBSN. I am unable to contact them. NOw since 5 days I find that their website is also not accessible. I doubt if they have filed my Tax returns. Now i am worried about the amount that they have charged me. can anyone let me know where should I go and complain?
 7th of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes
IBSN Tax preparation is the worst kind of proffesional service you can come across in your lifetime...Beware ! Never use their services...I had a very bad experience getting my tax returns for 2010 filed from them...they have the worst customer service that anyone can provide...after they get your payment they don't give a damn about you...they cannot even provide you a payment receipt...in case you are lucky to get a chance to their customer support they will assure you of solving your problem within 1-2 days but will never do it...also they have a big joke on their website called as "Escalation Mail" so if you send them an escalation mail be aassured it would never be replied or looked at for SURE !! they are rude, unprofessional bunch of liars!!
 7th of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes
PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM IBSN, THEY ARE CHEATING. I had a very bad experience getting my tax returns for 2010 filed and ITIN from them.
 7th of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes
PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM IBSN. I had a very bad experience getting my tax returns for 2010 and ITIN filed from them. Still I haven't received any update from them. Whenever I call them, they are saying you will get it. But IRS asking to pay $897 if I do not submit the ITIN number for my Kid and Spouse. Actaully I submitted tax return and ITIN number thru IBSN. I have a very lengthy story, but I don't have a time now. Please let me know if anybody aware of the process to re-apply ITIN number.
 15th of Feb, 2012 by    0 Votes

IBSN Tax - 2010 Tax filing and representation
Ellicott City

I filed tax through IBSN in 2010. Initialy, they gave a draft filing details which showed amount return from state. But, after filing the amount was deducted from my account. I called/emailed them for the explanation, but, no response. Now, I got the IRS audit. I sent an email to TRU@ibsnus.com as mentioned in their website for tax representation. But, no response. I have all proof for their mistakes.
 29th of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
I too face the same issue. Since i had to apply for ITIN number for my wife, IBSN asked me to paper file federal tax and IRS took 2 months of time to genearte the ITIN number and they mailed it to us. IBSN asked me to inform them the ITIN number so that they can eFile teh state tax. I tried to update th ITIN number is thier website under "Notify ITIN number" section, but it is not getting saved there. I then, messaged them many time informing then the ITIN number and asking tem to eFile my State tax returns. No one yet responded. I emailed them but no respose. really frustrating. I dont know what should i do next. Can anybody please help me out.
 12th of Feb, 2013 by    0 Votes