logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (18 mins ago)
Russ Ultes / James Keating
Ultes & Keating you ripped me off!
2. (36 mins ago)

IBSN tax

Posted:    ibsn sufferer

Not trust worthy

tax filing
IBSN is a tax filing company based in India. These guys will file u r taxxes with some tricky and riskyway.
will tell you that if a query comes from federal or state govt. they will support you for 7 yrs.
they chagred my more than 400USD . for getting more money as a tax return.
I got query from state ..and theese guys r simply ignoring my emails and calls.
i called more than 20 times everytime i get a answer that we'l get back to you shortly !!

this company is not trust worth .
DO NOT FILE YOUR TAXES WITH IBSN . These guys are CHEAT
Comments United States Bad Business Partners
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Mar, 2009 by   Laxmi Palaypu -3 Votes
Dear IBSN Client, I appreciate your cause of concern that our staff didnt respond in time..probably for the mushroomed volume, which is no excuse for them ...But I humbly sumbit to your attention that we dont practice anything above the law..no risky or hanky panky tax treatment happens at our office - we have our own internal compliance, and our practice is tightly monitored. Planning on a tax return cannot be assumed as a wrong advise and I am writing this to you as the Chief Knowledge Officer of the company.

If you opine, your tax planning was abused by us, I request you to immediately write to my personal email ID: laxmi.palaypu@ibsnus.com and I will post a full synopsis of the case matter. I also wish to submit to your attention that we being a large preparer, our practice is frequently under the scanner of IRS and for a mere $200 average fee upon a tax return, there is no reason for us to recourse to malpractice.

The problem, honestly that we have is demand vs the staff. It is turning extremely hard to qualitative labor with language proficiency as well as professional knowledge. Each staff is loaded for files take their pressure from March onwards and within 60 days of tax season we process at least 70, 000 - 100, 000 clients.

I will be very obliged, if you could share your file number on my E-Mail address and I will immediately track the Senior Tax Team Member to appraise you of the case synopsis and the planning material that we used in preparing your file.

We definitely represent a case for 7 years and that is what has been our merit and strength as most of the consulting population that we have get rotated globally. No other firm in the industry is offering 7 years case representation for the fee that we charge. I should also address to your kind attention that not more than 2% cases were subject to IRS audit and we have been maintaining this profile and merit ever since we started this service process.

Customer Support is the major bottleneck for us and we are seriously scratching our heads to find a solution - Definitely accept even a % increase in staff commitment towards customer approach will reduce lot of escalation for us. The problem, they are heavily loaded.

Sincerely,

Laxmi Palaypu, CPA ACA
Chief Knowledge Officer &
Chief Business Architect
IBSN Inc
www.myibsn.com; www.ibsntax.com
 29th of Mar, 2009 by   fightforjustice +1 Votes
Laxmi,
I am another victim of IBSN's unprofessional customer service.I understand that they are heavily loaded during the filing season.How come they are busy during the nonfiling season too.I am behind my case for almost a year and everytime the case is forwarded to a new person .None of IBSN phone numbers mentioned in the site works .Finally I got the number from one of your rep.Everytime I call to that number, I was given false promises that my issues will be resolved within 1 day or week.It remained as false promises.Later people started recognizing my voice and they just don't answer and disconnects the phone.
I have observed your response in some other forums in the smilar lines in 2008 and in 2007.Unfortunately it looks like still the situation is same.I am sure you have seen IBSN rating at BBB.I have also filed a complaint at BBB .Let me see how IBSN resolves the issue.
If you need all the details about my file I will be happy to send it to you.But I am so skeptic that this will be resolved.
 1st of Apr, 2009 by   Krish +5 Votes
I agree with above mentioned complaints. These Guys are all not well informed and have good KNOWLEDGE on the taxes.
I do have some bitter exp with these guys.
I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS SERVICE TO ANYONE.
 2nd of Apr, 2009 by   Jango +3 Votes
Agree...these guys will be prompt till you pay the money...after that its 'who are you' attitude. absolutely no reply or correspondence. And their e-mails are totally unprofessional and rude kind.
This is the first and LAST time I'll be dealing with them
 2nd of Apr, 2009 by   raj +3 Votes
IBSN is a very good cheating company...never ever file your taxes with these guys..
Initially they will say, we need some initial payment and send you the PDF. If you are not satisfied with that we will refund you the amount.. thats wat they will say at the beginning..
later on if you cancel your file and ask for the refund.. they will cheat you asying call to this number or call to that manager.. nobody woll respond properly..
they will say like we will refund in 3 weeks.. but they will not refund your money..
they are trying to cheat ppl over working here in Us.. they will take ur money and say we are in the process..
i would say it as a non sense company.. the manageres are not fit for anything.. they cheat and cheat and cheat.. thats their logo.. tehy dont care about the person calling from other end..
 3rd of Apr, 2009 by   truthwins +2 Votes
Not just they come up with stupid deduction techniques without any merit but puts most of the tax payer at risk. They also have no data security for their customers. Look what happened in news link below. IBSN is stealing money from US Govt by calling a their tax scam a planning. This is no damn tax planning it's a big scam.

How are they going to even protect the privacy of stolen data?

3rd of Apr, 2009 by   dtc +2 Votes
Laxmi:

I don't care what you say. I am a professional tax consultant having my own practice and have seen some of my clients being lured by IBSN with promises of higher returns. I don't understand how you can justify some of the expenses that you show on behalf of your clients which are not allowed by law.

DO YOUR CLIENTS UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS THEY THAT ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT GOES ON THEIR RETURNS AS TAX PAYERS and NOT YOU OR THE TAX PREP FIRM that prepares their taxes in case of an IRS AUDIT.

I have prepared taxes for ex-IBSN client's and when I check their previous year returns, I feel like telling them that it is fraudulant. Just disgusting how you can treat other people for your own personal benefit.

Regards.
Concerned and Ethical Preparer
 3rd of Apr, 2009 by   Vish +2 Votes
Laxmi,

I completely agree with dtc. I am certified IRS Enrolled Agent and I am filing taxes from many years.

You promise a huge refund amounts and charge hefty fees claiming that because of your planning, they can get more refunds. US Tax Law has been abused by you people.
I have heard from clients that they pay the fees and they don't even sign any documents. I guess most of they just pay the fees and you file taxes on their behalf. My clients have never looked at their documents after that since they assumed that IBSN has taken care of their taxes and they promised audit consultation.

How many of your preparers are qualified to file taxes? I even called IBSN on my cleint's behalf and the representative who answered the phone, didn't have any clue about the tax law.
 3rd of Apr, 2009 by   achint 0 Votes
I am glad I am not the only one having this kind of opinion about this company. I was thinking for so many days why they are behaving like this. They build up my hopes every single day that it will be done tomorrow but for no hopes to keep upto. And it has been happening since a while now. It does not allow me to file taxes on my own because you think that they are saying that they will by this day and then another day. Glad I checked here. Now, I know I should just go ahead and get it done from somewhere else or do on my own. But I do wonder what do with all the financial data they collected from you. Is it that they are selling this data or what ? I am wondering why would they collect data if they do not prepare your tax returns ?
 3rd of Apr, 2009 by   truthwins +1 Votes
Do I see another Satyam coming down shortly. You can mushroom your practice/business fradulently but you can remain in business for long.
Laxmi Palaypu,
CCO (Chief Cheat Officer)
CFA (Chief s Fraud Officer)
 3rd of Apr, 2009 by   IBSN VICTIM +1 Votes
I agree with the complaints here. This company is a total FRAUD. They do not have any idea of the US TAX Laws. End of the day, It is the TAX PAYER's responsibility. All IBSN does is collect money. They do not even know the difference between ITIN and SSN. FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD. Keep away from them!
 4th of Apr, 2009 by   vivekinus 0 Votes
I Agree . IBSN is one of the most dangerous tax filing company, They lure people by saying they can get you
extra money.But i am sure the money your are getting will not be equal to the trauma you face after you
pay your money to IBSN.
 4th of Apr, 2009 by   DKM +1 Votes
I have already paid the money to them. and waiting for them to file the tax for this year. How can I now stop this and file it myself or through another consultant. As you said the customer support sucks..
 5th of Apr, 2009 by   appa  Best Advice +5 Votes
I am filing for my taxes with IBSN...these hyderabad based gooli companies are 100% fake. these goolties just know to fake and boose and nothing else...please AVOID IBSN...
 5th of Apr, 2009 by   bad IBSN Tax +1 Votes
Yes very very true, I am suffering with IBSN TAX filing, they are very bad in response every time you complain them they will say "Due to high volume of the customer base" we are not able to response you quickly.

Just to wack them up I used their escalation system 5 times in 2 weeks, now you understand how much they have bad business operations.

I am very very disappointed and in big time problem.

Their workforce doesn't know anything about tax law, last year they forgot to ask my 3, 000 of medical expenses and this year also they didn't ask but I remind them to add that expense.

Useless online system, very poor communication channel and not business ethics.
 6th of Apr, 2009 by   SSP +1 Votes
Please and please don't use this stupid/fake/non-professional/idiotic company to file your taxes. They are totally unethical and unprofessional and don't know heck about US tax laws. Companies like this one are bringing shame to Indian call center businesses. Dealing with these morons I realized why most American people are so frustrated with many call centers operated in India.

Surbhi Pawar
 7th of Apr, 2009 by   AMS +1 Votes
I completely agree with all the complaints. They screwed my returns last year so much!!! I did'nt until i started my tax planning this year. Now i am planning to acknowldge IRS myself that last year filing was mess. Not sure of the implications and how much its going to cost me.
This year is worse!!!
NEVER FILE TAX WITH THIS COMPANY!!!
 8th of Apr, 2009 by   Ravi +1 Votes
I have also been running around for a tax filing refund for almost a month now, has anyone every got a tax fee refund full or partial from this company?
 9th of Apr, 2009 by   prabakar 0 Votes
I am also one of victims like you, Absolutely hopeless company IBSN. Till they receive their fees the response will be good, once they receive the money they never bother about clients.

I request you send out a mass communication about the IBSN services to entire org thru your respective HR's.. so that atleast our friends will not caught into their net.
 9th of Apr, 2009 by   Laxmi Palaypu -2 Votes
To all -

I request you to allow us an opportunity to resolve if there is any escalation or issue that you are facing - We are loaded with volume and my presence on this complaints board is just to take the attention to all of your issues so that I could pull the respective tax process group to resolve any escalation.

Ravi & Prabhakar, I request you to kindly offer me the staff name that is not paying attention to reverse your refund or complete the case towards filing.

Promising a diligent response,