logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Electrolux
Double Oven will not heat after cleaning process
2. (3 mins ago)
morphsuits.com
not so nice
3. (13 mins ago)
Ymax Oration
Scam
4. (13 mins ago)
www.ea.com
Being charge a fee yearly that we do not want
5. (14 mins ago)
Reliance Protectron
Worst Security System with awful service.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Hughes.net, Virginia Complaints & Reviews - Misrepresentation, service sucks!

Hughes.net Contacts & Informations

Hughes.net

Posted:    Starjasmine

Misrepresentation, service sucks!

Virginia
We called to find out if this would work for us. We were told this would be perfect for online game playing as well as emails and internet browsing. We ordered the express package to start and placed it under my husband's phone number. Two weeks ago, we called them and got the next level package (49.95) to up the speed since my game kept bumping me offline and the latency was horrid. Today, we could not even load the main page for google.com! I get told we went over our limit..LIMIT? Nobody told me of any limits. The gal on the phone says, "Oh, games are graphic intense and cause you to go over your limits, Satellite is not recommended for online game play". WHAT? then she says "Once you have gone over your limit you are bumped down to a dial-up type speed". WHAT???!!! You mean I'm paying $50/month for a dial-up when I could be getting that for 19 bucks or less through someone else? Then she told me that they weren't showing the upgrade on the package, and how that might have kept us from going over if they had known about it. OMFG!!! Come on people, two weeks and they can't let the folks know about an upgrade, when we were told it would be activated within about 5 min to 1 hour??!!! I am truly and completely disgusted. This is by far the worst scam I have ever gotten rooked into. We were flat out lied to, so that we would get their service, then it gets worse from there. HORRIBLE service, HORRIBLE people, HORRIBLE company.

I'm hoping their stocks dive and that the company goes belly up. This is the least of what they deserve. I'm cancelling service and getting local dial-up instead... at least I will get much better service from the people and better internet than even their $49.95 package can deliver. High speed? DO NOT believe that, it's about the same as regular dial-up. Don't even begin to consider using this company. It's better to not have internet than pay such a high price for getting just above no internet.

Any class action suit? Let me know... and I'm all in!
Comments United States Internet Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Nov, 2009 by   Charlene Ray 0 Votes
At first Hughes Net Internet service worked out fine. In late August of this year the browser started to slow down. September it got slower and slower, I called in to complain. They said this slowdown had to be caused by my computer and refered me to a company called Itok to check out my computer. For $173.70 they would go through my computer check for virus's and spyware and install the newest virus decting software. Well guess what the connection is slower than it was 3 weeks ago. Then I find out Itok is part of Hughes. Is this a for of fraud?
Charlene Ray
 8th of Apr, 2010 by   steve kirby 0 Votes

Any class action suit? Let me know... and I'm all in!
 19th of May, 2012 by   Daniel Hudson 0 Votes
This shit is so slow and always is cutting out if I fart it goes out It goes out when the sun is shining. They lie and say how good it is if I could get DSL I would. The first Tec. that came out to my house tried to put my dish in a tree and I had to tell him to leave or I would help him leave. All of the tech support is in china or asia or some other chink country f*** them and there fried rice htis is bull shit and I pay over $60 a month right now for something that works half the time

Legal Strategies How to Deal with Collections