Huggies

Posted:

Diapers

Holt, Michigan
After weeks of trying to narrow down what could be causing my2yr old sons sudden severe allergy outbreaks my daycare provider shared that she too used Huggies and started having problems with a lot of rashes with her son since the middle of February. Looking into some mom groups online she discovered that there were more complaints from other moms of Huggies diapers causing allergy outbreaks. One mom says she discovered that Huggies made a formula change in their diapers in January of 2010, just around a month before each of us started having issues with these sudden rashes. For some they are medium-regular looking diaper rashes but for my son it's severe. He scratches around his waist and then anyplace his fingers touch cause further blister looking outbreak. It's been a nightmare for us trying to pin down what's caused this for him. I'm very angry with Huggies for not testing this new formula better before stocking store shelves with it. Probably not all kids will be affected but my son who's been extremely healthy--NEVER had allergies before; is reacting in a severe all body blistering effect. Huggies should have put something on their box...some kind of warning to parents that they changed this chemical makeup of the diapers and allergic rashes are possible. Luckily my son is old enough we're going radical potty training, but what about those people out there with younger kids? Please pass it on if your friend, or relatives kids are having sudden allergy problems that don't make sense, try changing away from Huggies to see if the rashes stop. If they do...complain! We have to voice this problem in order for them to hear us and change back to a safe formula. I have a picture but my printer isn't working for me to scan it and put it here.
Complaint comments Comments (80) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

Comments

19th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
NAPPIES ARE LEAKING AS SOON AS IVE PUT THEM ON MY CHILD
 8th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
the same thing has been happening with me. I am in the us and this is the 4th time!
 24th of May, 2010 by    +1 Votes
My girl has used huggies since she was born and all of a sudden this year she goes up one size and this new formula gives her a very severe swollen rash in the shape of her diaper! It goes all the way around and looks like she has a beet red diaper on when she is naked! The diaper do have a funky smell to them that I cant put my finger on! This pisses me off badly!
 31st of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
As much as I loved huggies with my first two childrn who are 11 and 9 now. I'm not loving them as much with my 1 yr. old. He don't wet as much anymore, but when he does it's leaking all over. I thought the maybe it was just the new little movers, but the snug and dry aint no better. I hate to say it but Huggies has let me down with my third baby. And I've also gotten some where the straps were missing as well. Tried to remain loyal but can't be buying pampers every week cause they not holding like they should.
 11th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
My daughter has NEVER once had diaper rash of any kind. I have always used the pampers brand but I bought huggies becuase of the blue jean attern however after a day of use my daughter has an EXTREMELY TERRIBLE BLISTERING RASH!!! I've tried everything and relized the only thing changed was her diapers. This furiates me to no ed. Huggies is suppost to be one of the leding brand. I will let everyone know of the pain the diapers have cause my baby girl who is 17months. Thank goodness she is learning to use the potty. I will NEVER TRUST HUGGEIS again!! Her poor bottom is blistered and she is even sore to walk. The is ridiculous!
 13th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
My twins needed better overnight diapers so we bought the Huggies Overnights. One started using them weeks before the other due to specific needs. A few weeks later, we put them on the other twin as well. She woke up two days in a row covered head to toe in a hot, raised rash. No one knew what it was. We had used Huggies in 2009 so we didn't dream it would be the diapers. We switched back to just generic Toys R Us brand diapers, and it helped. Of course we had to go through a steroid treatment first. I called Huggies and they offered to send me free diapers. Seriously? I did accept the coupons and used them for wipes. Still, the Sam's Club wipes are stronger! Since this happened, I haven't found a diaper that doesn't cause an irritation. It's not the same all over body rash, but anywhere a diaper touches is red with bumps.
 30th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have been using Huggies since the day i have had my kids, the last 2 large boxes i purchased at walmart canada have been terrible, the straps keep tearing off, out of the 2 boxes i maybe got use of 50 diapers, I am one unhappy customer at this time:(
 30th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
We also have noticed that the Huggies wipes played apart in the diaper rash as well...
 16th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have been using Huggies diapers on my daughter ...before I had her I purchased diapers so I would have them on hand I bought all different sizes the new borns and size ones I had no problems with but I am usuing size 2 and the tabs all pull off them lucky if you get to use 40 diapers out of the bag. With the price of diapers I hate to waste them .
 10th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes

Huggies - More than half of diapers weren't stretchy
Huggies

I normally LOVE huggies and have been using them above all other brands since my daughter was born in November. Never a problem.

Until the past 2 months.. I ALWAYS buy the biggest value box the store carries. My daughter was in size 3 when I realised most of the diapers tabs were snapping right off when I would fasten her diaper. I figured it was one faulty box and I still had a box of size 3 (other brand) from my baby shower I could use up. Then I get to the next box ( same size) to notice the same thing happening. I don't know if it the store taking poor care of their goods or if this is a bad batch of diapers that was distributed? Sad to say more than 70% of the 248 diapers I paid for were unusable! :( :(

I'm afraid to purchase huggies again, afraid of the same thing happening.
 13th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
i have never bought any huggies that leaked so bad i would like to be refunded.
 18th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
My daughter is 2 months old and we put her in ONE Huggies tight and dry diaper and in just a matter of hours had developed TERRIBLE painful blisters that were filled with puss and blood. There is no warning label, in fact they go through a lot of wording to try and assure you that their diapers are completely safe... When I called Huggies they said something along the lines of: 'I apologize this is happening but I assure you that we have tested this and its not our diapers. I can send you some coupons for more diapers'... We went to a doctor and she said that we were right and it must have been the diapers. And what was that woman thinking??? NO I DON'T WANT COUPONS TO SUPPORT YOUR COMPANY!!! If they want to do ANYTHING for us they can put some money in a college fund for my baby girl for the pain and suffering and possible SCARRING that my poor baby has had to deal with. THEN they can put a warning on the package alerting parents to the dangers of using their cheaply made product. If coffee has to come with a "Warning: HOT" label and peanuts have to say "Warning: may contain nuts" then by God they can put a label that says 'warning may contain severe blistering on some children'
 2nd of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
hi i got a problem everymonth with huggies every month there is 3 nappies broken and its always by the straps i mean im the loser most of the time please email me heather@dppattorneys.com or contact me on 0837232699
 7th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
I purchased a carton of newport 100's and they were stail, do u know what i paid for these newports ???? i think some one needs to get in touch with me of refunding me my money or replacing my newports. I still have the newports as well as the reciept...email me at chasity26@netzero.net...my address ios 517 fleming rd trenton sc 29847
 7th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
This is my second time writinng u all about the jean diapers that i bought...still havent heard anything from anyone. If u were in my shoes and the way the economy was the u would be acting the same way that i am...when u pay for 3 boxes of diapers that is poor quality and have to change ur childs diapers every 30 -45 min then something is wrong, if not u will turn around and my child is naked because the diaper has either fallen off or just broke...please get in touch with me asap...ulysses20@netzero.net or 2711 edgefield hwy trenton sc 29847...i HOPE TO BE HEARING FROM U...
 3rd of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
Did it look anything like this. My daughtereras huggies and I have no idea what its from. I took her to the e.r and the doctor were no. Help.
 15th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
Same just happened to me. Our first try with Huggies because they have Mickey Mouse on them and our older son thought they were awesome. 10 diapers in - she has a horrible rash. Shame on Huggies for knowingly allowing a product to hurt children. I just logged a complaint with the CPSC. Everyone here needs to. It is the only hope for them to pull this product, and the Pampers Dry Lock, off the market.
 15th of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes

Huggies - weak
huggies
18610 kreig drive
Big Rapids
Michigan
Phone: 2315804559

ive been buying huggie diapers for three years and still buying them for my son and buying pullups for my daughter...in the past ive had issues with the straps now im have a problem with how weak they are. The old huggies use to hold alot now they hold like loves does.. Not alot...im not happy i love you guys and dont what to switch
 7th of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes
i have been using huggies since my daughter was 9 months (she's almost 20 months now) and just recently she developed a ringworm-type rash! i find it strange considering this is the first time it happened, but a big thumbs down to huggies for not pre-warning parents.
 7th of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes
Hi,
My son David was born on sep 19 2010 ever since we used all huggies diapers, I never had any problem with it, and we never went to any other brand, even my friend we recommended this brand. Now recently our latest which we are using now we had most of them the diaper when you stretch it was sticking and when try to open tearing apart, We are really disappointed in this regard what can we do to replace or even i don't have receipt right now what to do? Please contact me i will appreciate you. my email mrkmhn@hotmail.com

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree