logo

HRS Account / HSBC

Posted:    upset

Bill Pay/Customer Service

HSBC / HRSAccount
I have purchased a Bowflex within the past 2 years and applied for a credit line with their partner in financing HSBC/HRS. Since recieving this "credit card" (I have never actually seen a card), I have had trouble on numerous accounts of recieving bill by mail statements late. On these occasions, I would recieve calls from someone who could barely speak any english that had less than minimum knowledge of what else I could do to lessen the problem, and a scripted list of conversation points that would be repeated if they sounded as if they would answer my questions. Of course not wanting to be late, I paid by telephone, which had attatched fees and of course the late charge for the origionaly late payment. I then moved to the online bill pay, which claimed a 2 day processing. The processing on average has been 3-5 working days and at the maximum I have seen it take well over a week to process which incurred more fees that I SHOULD NOT have to pay. Not only that, but with numerous late charges, I believe my credit limit has increased. How can this happen with all these late fees, unless they are trying to get me to spend more money with an already poorly (at best) run company? I am extremely unhappy with this service and DO NOT recomend this company for any type of lending in any way.
Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Mar, 2009 by   Matt 0 Votes
Everything you mentioned exactly has happened to me. I mean, exactly. I thought I was the only one that didnt receive a credit card and finally just assumed I wasnt supposed to have one. I also have had very late bills and even received a letter from a collection agency before getting my first bill from this company. I can never find a customer service number to call and when I do finally get through to a representative, through other means, it still leads to nowhere. Although the rep I got ahold of one time could in fact speak english in the end I was still left in the dark with all the questions that I origianlly called about. I also find it very inconvenient that I cannot log on to my account with my account number. I have received only 2 or 3 bills since September of 2008 I do not have on-hand my account number. This would be easier if I had a phone number to call and somehow get my account number to sign up for online bill pay. Overall I am very unhappy with the service and will steer clear of this company in the future.
 15th of Mar, 2010 by   cperkins1 0 Votes
I'm certain I signed for online bank payment...couldn't get through...had to pay by automated phone service. It's ridiculous enough that you charge me $97 in interest payment...I can't hardly wait to pay this account off...Your fees are unfair and ridiculous for someone who has had this account for many years...
 29th of Dec, 2010 by   casie12345 0 Votes
I hate this company i got a four wheeler financed threw, them biggest mistake ever.. i never recieved a bill in the mail. i had excelent credit and they have messed mine up so bad i will never be able to own anything. they just dont care are must not know how they are affecting peoples lives trying to make an extra buck! They had the wrong social on all my information and when the account was opened the account a copy of my social security card and licence was faxed to them. they had a glitch in their system and who had to pay for it was me! so after months of trying to talk to someone i was about to give up. they would not even talk to me about my account at all because the social they put in their computer system was not mine but they had a copy of my social...i dont understand why this was a problem but it was ...it was a way for they them to never let me get paid off...they added so many extra fees which get added to the balance of the loan and have a different interest rate a very lage interest rate! should i go on...if i could ever meet the person in charge of all this i would try to take away from him whats been taken away from me!!! i feel now i will never get my dream home that ive worked so hard for my credit is not fucked!
 21st of Jan, 2012 by   mmanthav 0 Votes
Getting an HSBC account has been the worst mistake of my life. I was 18, high pressure sales, 4 years of paying and I'm just now starting to pay toward my original balance which is 2, 500! I might get it paid off by the time I retire :(
May I also add that I'll never ever do it again.
 11th of Feb, 2013 by   CTSprinkle 0 Votes
To Whom it may concern: This is a statement to put HSBC retail services, Household Bank.on notice. I have been trying to resolve an issue with my repossessed Yamaha Wave Runner ZX Deluxe. I need to let Household Bank know that I am the sole owner and am in possession of the title to the Yamaha Wave Runner trailer. This transaction was separate from the purchase of the unit. This information was shared with the repossession company as well as HSBC recovery service representatives. The unit was removed from my property. I have tried to make arrangements for the return of the Wave-Runner and have been confronted with judgemental, rude employees. You may not sell my property without the title. I have also procured an individual; who will take possession and pay for my Waverunner to be returned. Even though I was assured my person could make contact with you, February 11, they were unable to do so, having difficulty getting through to your phone lines. Additionally, If you are going to serve a nation with services, you must have employees available IN ALL TIME ZONES! I am appalled this company will not work with people and do their best to help, especially in a struggling economy.

Shop on Small Business Saturday