logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
BEXSUPP.COM
Fake charge and rep ignores me
2. (8 mins ago)
RIPOFF SCAM

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

HP Customer Service Complaints & Reviews - Extremely disappointed with HP Customer Service!

HP Customer Service Contacts & Informations

HP Customer Service

Posted:    Valerie

Extremely disappointed with HP Customer Service!

This review is not so much of the product, but more of Hewlett Packard's Customer Service department, with whom I am extremely disappointed with.

We bought an HP Pavilion dv9000t notebook through HP's website and received it in the mail six days ago. It worked fine for a couple of days, and now the notebook won't power up. We tried troubleshooting tips online, we tried chatting with an online technician, and we tried speaking with someone over the phone. All led to no results. We were so disgusted that our notebook which we'd had for three days was working improperly and we were getting nowhere, we gave up and decided to ask for a replacement.

We called HP support and went through the trouble shooting again, which didn't work. We asked for a replacement, and they had to transfer us to another department. Never mind, that transferring took 25 minutes, but they transferred us to the Rebate dept. We hung up, and called back, and again they said they were transferring to the Rebate dept. I guess outsourcing doesn't differentiate b/t REBATE & REPLACEMENT. We talked to about 9 different people and spent 2.5 hours on the phone. Each person trying to troubleshoot, and me cutting them off saying I was done with the troubleshooting. Anyways, I was so angry, by then I just wanted a full refund. HP offers full refunds within the first 21 days. I called back and asked to speak with the supervisor who authorizes refunds. I had to be assigned to a case manager (who by the way, wasn't in the office, of course). I would be contacted within 24-48 hours. Yeah, that hasn't happened yet. We're calling the credit card company to have them dispute the charge.

Comments United States Computers & Accessories
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Dec, 2006 by   Subin 0 Votes
Can somebody give me customer care mail address
 28th of Mar, 2007 by   Teal G. +1 Votes
My office has been looking for a new color LaserJet to replace our old HP color LaserJet. After researching color LaserJet’s I was most interested in the HP LaserJet 4700dn and the Xerox LaserJet 6350. I decided to get samples of each printer in question to evaluate the two side by side. I used the HP online site to order printed samples and I called a Xerox representative for samples of the Xerox machine. I received the Xerox and HP samples on the same day. Xerox had sent me 2 sets of pictures, each picture had a standard, enhanced, and photo quality version of the same two full-page pictures on regular paper. HP on the other hand, sent me one, barely half-page picture on soft gloss presentation paper. While the Xerox pictures were easy to compare and gave an accurate depiction of what the Xerox machine could do the HP picture could not be accurately evaluated as it was only one picture and wasn’t even full sized.

I decided to contact HP and ask for some more samples. I used the on-line HP help service, which directed me to this phone number: 1-800-888-0292 option 4. When I spoke to the representative on the phone he informed me that they could not help and transferred me to sales, 1-800-888-5858. The salesperson informed me that they could not help, it was all via Internet, and if customer service (the first number I had called) was unable help e then he didn't know who could.

I am not sure why a couple of full-paged photos printed by the requested printer would be such an issue but apparently it was. As I told the salesperson, if he couldn’t make the effort to help me than he made my decision easy; I would simply choose Xerox. After all, if HP couldn’t even send me some decent printer samples how on earth would they help me with any serious issues?
 18th of Sep, 2007 by   rakesh pagare 0 Votes
i bought compaq laptop v 6218tuon 30th july 2007.i applied for free gifts offer of webcam & headset on my product & send D.D. of Rs.300/-to hp redemption cell at 10th aug. yet i am waiting for the gifts to be delivered.
 19th of Nov, 2007 by   Melanie Nammary 0 Votes
HP have the most shitty customer service I have EVER experienced.
Be prepared to speak to 10 people ,with no clue, situated in India.
The reason you have to speak to that many is because they constantly loose your connection, don't call back or they transfer you 2 -3 times. Every time you get back through again you have to speak to a new idiot who has no idea about what is going on.

This is the LAST time I will ever buy an HP desktop cause the customer service is a total nightmare.
 4th of Jan, 2008 by   SINGH 0 Votes
OK I BOUGHT A LAPTOP FROM FRYS AND IT WAS WORKING FINE FOR THREE MONTH AND AFTER THREE MONTH MY LAPTOP GIVING ME PROBLEM AND I TRY TO CALL HELP AND THEY SEND ME A BOX TO SIHP BACK TO REPIAR SO I DID,AND AFTER THREE WEEK LATER I REVICE MY LAPTOP AND THEY FOR GOT TO PUT MY BATTERY AND WIRE .WHEN I SEND MY LAPTOP I PUT MY WIRE AND BATTRY BEACUSE THEY TOLD ME TO DO THAT, AND THEN I CALL I SAID I DIDNT GET MY BATTERY AND WIRE SO THEY TOLD ME OK WE'LL SENT YOU NEW ONE SO I SAID OK ..AFTER WEEK I GOT MY STUFF AND IT WAS WRONG ONE.AND THEN I CALL THEY SAID OK WE'LL SENT YOU THE NEW ONE.BUT WIRE CODE WAS FINE SO TRY TO CONNECT WITH WIRE CODE, WHAT I SEE PROBLEM WAS STILL THERE AND I CALL I TOLD THEM THE PROBLEM STILL THERE AND THEY SAID OK WE'LL SEND YOU NEW SHIPPMENT BOX SO YOU CAN SENT US THE NOTBOOK SO AFTER 1 WEEK LATER I GOT THE BOX I SENT THEM BACK MY LAPTOP AND I PUT A NOTE MAKE SURE THIS TIME YOU GUYS SENT ME MY BATTERY AND WIRE.. AND THEN I CALL TOO,ON TOP OF THAT AND THEY SAID YA WE PUTTED NOTE ON YOUR SCREEN WHO EVER FIXING YOUR LAPTOP THEY WILL READ THE NOT I SAID OK..AFTER THREE WEEK LATER I GOT MY NOTEBOOK AND THEY AGAIN FORGOT TO PUT MY BATTERY AND WIRE . SO CALL THEM THEY SAID OK WE'LL TRANFER YOUR CALL TO HIGH LEVEL THEY WILL HELP YOU WELL.AND SOME ONE WILL GIVE YOU CALL IN 24 TO 48 HOUR AND I NEVER GOT ANY CALL FROM THEM.AND I CALL THEM AFTER THEY DIDNT CALL ME, SO THEN I WAS TALKING TO THIS GUY NAME ZACK AND HE WAS ASS H@l@ I TOLD HIM WHAT HAPPEN HE SAID OK ILL HELP YOU. THEN HE GAVE ME THAT CASE NUMBER AND OTHER NUMBERS.AND I HANG UP THE PHONE AND I WENT TO BEST BUY AND BUY A NEW WIRE TO SEE IF MY LAPTOP WORKING OR NOT PROPLEY GUESS WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS THERE I THEY DIDNT FIX THE PROBLEM AND I CALL ZACK TO TELL HIM YOU GUYS DIDNT FIX MY LAPTOP AND SAID OK I'LL SEND YOU THE ANOTHER BOX SO WELL TAKE A LOOK WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT . BUT I SAID I DNT WANT TO SENTED BACK TO YOU GUYS BEACUSE YOU GUYS CANT FIX MY LAPTOP.AND I TOLD HIM I NEED A REPLACEMENT CUZ THEY CANT FIX MY LAPTOP SO I DNT TRUST YOU GUYS,,AND HE SAID YOUR LAPTOP ONLY CAME HERE ONCE TO GET FIX .AND THAT THING SHOCKED ME WHEN SAID THAT.AND I WAS TELLING HIM MAN I SENT MY LAPTOP TWICE AND HE SAID I DNT SEE ANY THING IN SCREEN. SO AFTER TWO TIME REPAIR I CANT REPLACEMENT YOUR LAPTOP.AND I DNT HAVE ANY RECORD CUZ IT'S BEEN TWO MONTH.AND HE SAID IF YOU FIND ME THAT PEROF THEN ILL CHANGE YOUR LAPTOP. AND IT TOOK ME ABOUT WEEK TO FIND ME THING AND PAPER WORK WHAT EVER HE NEED I GAVE TO HIM . THEN FINALY HE FOUND MY RECORD SOON AS HE FIND MY RECORD HE CHANGE HIS STATMENT HE SAID AFTER TIRTH REPAIR .WE'LL REPLACEMENT YOUR LAPTOP.SO HE WAS LIEING TO ME ALL THE TIME..SO IM SO MAD I REALY DONT KNW WHAT TO DO. AND HE NVER CALL ME BACK AFTER THAT SO SEE IF IM STILL ALIVE OR DIE I'M CALLING HIM EVERYDAY, AND HE'S TELLING THERE PEOPLE TELL HIM OR ME HE IS NOT THERE ...ALL I CAN SAY HP SUCK SUCK
 5th of Jan, 2008 by   V. Swan 0 Votes
I had the same horrible experience with HP's customer service/ tech support. I was on the phone for 2 hours just trying to get to the right tech support department. They kept transferring me to the wrong one, even though I told them the right one I needed. Each time the person would put me on hold for several minutes, then assure me they were transferring me to the right person. I talked to 8 people, many of whom spoke with a very heavy accent so it was hard to communicate. I will never by an HP product again.
 2nd of Apr, 2008 by   lee hopper 0 Votes
I was just online with what was supposed to be Hp totalcare . what a joke that is. Totally careles is what i would call them. I told the guy that i was having a problem with my sound recorder and he tried to tell me that my speakers not being powered was the reason i couldn't record anything. How crazy is that.

Then after almost thirty minutes, I finally convinced him I wasn't stupid enough to believe that, I build computers, for charities sake. He told me that I had an obsolete sound card in my pc and would i consider using the one the factory installed or a new one. This pc has never been upgraded. When I informed him of this fact. He teminated our conversation. Hp you are without a doubt the biggest joke the computer companies have ever played.
 9th of Apr, 2008 by   Sierra Montgomery 0 Votes
I will never, ever buy an HP product again. I repair PC's & I train others to use them as well as consult. I consult several businesses & I will not be recommending their products to them.

I am currently so upset & Have just spent 6 consecutive hrs out of my day to straighten out two repair orders they messed up & no matter how many times I they tell me they fixed it & " it's on the way "..it isn't. I have spoken with countless individuals at various levels about this matter. I have several ticket numbers and they keep creating new orders for me as well. I have lost touch with how many people I have spoken with. This is a situation where I wish I could obtain a tape recording of the entire situation & play it for them & you.

I have managed businesses in the past & also worked in the Customer service field for a long time. I understand mistakes happen. However, This is beyond crazy. Out of countless reps they all had a different story & each one had a different error which was said to be corrected & then, later it was discovered it was not. Basic stuff like phone & Zip codes, etc., etc.

It has been 3 weeks & I do not have my order. I have a confirmation of an order being sent to the wrong address. Which is a replacement order because they did the same thing last time !!! I have two orders. So, I have to go through the whole process twice each time I speak with them. It is amazing. Maybe later I will get back on here & Explain the step by step situation . In addition, Last time I placed an order I used my warranty care package which they claimed they had no record of. I faxed them proofs to various numbers provided. They kept telling me they weren't receiving them though I had proof it went through. I also had to talk to various individuals and spent countless hours throughout the coarse of one month.

I can go on & on & on illustrating the negatives with HP's customer service. However, They have already consumed so much of my time that financially the investment in their product & promised services has lost me money - in addition, I would prefer to spend my time elsewhere.

If you are reading this & You are considering an HP. Do not go there, This is not a rare situation.

Good Luck.
 11th of Jul, 2008 by   Larry G 0 Votes
Hp laptops are only good for about a year. It seems right after the warrany the laptop stops working. Goodbye HP...never again!!!
 17th of Jul, 2008 by   Brendan 0 Votes
I'm currently waiting on hold. It is ridiculous how many people on how many continents I've spoken with.

And yes, agreed with Larry G: My laptop died a convenient month after the warranty ended.

Pathetic.
B
 13th of Aug, 2008 by   Roshan12345 0 Votes
Hewlett Packard really sucks.. I have 2 new laptops that crashed BEFORE warranty. I even now have escalation with them with case manager Ruffell 7500549057 after putting in series of service ticket calls.

Over 10 hours of my time already wasted on phone and still no help has been made available.

HP sucks! - We should all find a way to go on the web and blast HP and educate others never to buy HP products.
 2nd of Sep, 2008 by   sarah 0 Votes
Just spent 4.5 continuous hours on the phone, talked with 8 different accents, each one placing me on hold for 10 minutes at a time, hoping I would give up. The last two males "with indian accents" became beligerant. One name was Omish Aki, a technician. When I asked to speak with their supervisor, they placed me on hold for 15 minutes, then seeing I was actually holding and would not give up, proceeded to tell me the supervisor did not wish to talk to me, then placed me on hold again...that is their solution.

They could not find my extended warranty for a notebook pc and actually accused me of lying about an extended warranty.

Two times I had sent in my laptop to have a dvd repaired. Both times the DVD had been down graded. This was not acceptable and hence, the phone calls.

The last time I called, they transferred me to an American voice, who actually found the extended warranty and registered it for me on line, then immediately sent me the upgraded DVD the computer originally had.

How do I launch a complaint to HP? I have searched their website and cannot find a place.

20th of Sep, 2008 by   arcticmyst 0 Votes
My husband bought me a CQ50Z notebook as a gift, I had it for ONE week when it went kablooey. When I contacted HP & finally got put through to Tech Support the guy said he had never heard a computer make that sound. They sent me a box to ship it back for repair & ever since then it's been a headache. This started on Aug 26 my first phone call, they received my laptop on Aug 29 and the date for delivery back to me was Sept 9. I started making phone calls to customer service 2 days before the due date, no one in customer service could tell me anything about what was happening, all they would say was that it would be to me on the 9th & that the web page didn't get updated often. On the 10th (the day after it was supposed to be back to me) & after an hour & a half on the phone with customer service (being hung up on, transferred 6 times, told I was just a CUSTOMER & managers did not talk to just customers) I finally got what they call a case manager!!! While he was checking into everything which of course took 2 days it was Fri the 12th & the hurricane was going to hit Houston (where my laptop was) & everyone was being evacuated so I would have to wait till Mon the 15th to learn anything. Mon comes & the case manager (CM) said to give it one more day because they were not back yet because of the storm. Tues he said that they still knew nothing & offered me a replacement upgraded laptop. Told me to call him Wed with my answer. Called Wed the 17 & oh geee even though I wanted the upgraded laptop they ran out & couldn't do it anymore ... so sorry. But!! they couold build me the upgraded laptop but it would be 3 weeks. AGAIN call me Thurs & let him know. Called Thurs the 18th & said build me the upgrade ... OH NO never said that ... said they would build me the same laptop that I had sent them. Told him I was tired of being jacked around & give me a refund ( I now have this conversation taped!!!) Said he would check into that & it would take 5 weeks for my refund. But does it end there ... Heavens NO ... Got a call from my CM later Thurs night with ... are you ready for this ... " Just had word from the powers that be No Refunds & No Replacements until Houston is back up & running & they know whats going on!!!
I will NEVER but anything from HP again & will tell everyone I know what my experience has been like.
 29th of Sep, 2008 by   Brenda Panetta 0 Votes
I just got off a 3 hour phone call w/HP Cust. Serv. Guess where. . .India. I received a defective inkjet cartridge and wanted a replacement. I purchased the stupid thing on line directly through HP. The cust. rep. told me to go to a store and buy a new one (after giving her my s/n of the unit, and waiting for her to get me the correct information which took 1 1/2 hr.) I asked for a supervisor, she told me none were available at the moment and someone would call me within 48 hours. My head almost blew off. I screamed at her to get a supervisor even if she had to yank one off the toilet! I finally got one (after 45 minutes of screaming at her - poor thing). They then stated to me that they would ship me out a replacement that would take 3 -5 days! I said I wanted it overnighted to me. They finally agreed to overnight. I will find out if they have kept thier word tomorrow if fed ex or ups shows up at my house. Isn't there any cust. serv. reps in the USA any
 17th of Nov, 2008 by   Abdulmalik ahmed hussain 0 Votes
please, I am a Computer Engineer from Ahmadu Bello University Zaria Kaduna State, Nigeria. my complain is that, most of the present Hp laptops products are not compact able with windows xp or any other windows, Except windows vista. which it normally come with as a default windows.
please, it has becomes a big problem to us since we can not install any other windows operating system.
I hereby personally request for an easy and possible solution to this problem, so as to enable us to make use of other windows operating system.
 30th of Nov, 2008 by   lynne ashley +1 Votes
i spent 3 hours this week, trying to get a damn boc shipped for their faulty display screen breaking on a dv9000, they were supposed to send me out a repair box last wed, guess what never came! called this morning, guess what? never got shipped and systems are down, call back in 2 days, these indian people dont give a shit, and i will never buy and hp again! where the hell can we complain to?
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   MJM 0 Votes
OMG... i wish I had found this sight BEFORE i purchased my daughters laptop! Her notebook DV6910US crashed less than 4 months after purchase... i just got off the phone with customer service who have had the computer for 3 weeks now... I spoke to FOUR different indian people who were rude and could not even communicate with me let alone help me or give me any information!!! There is nowhere on HP's site to enter a complaint and no help to be found because they do not even understand me enough to help me... nor do the want to! I fork out $800 hard earned dollars so my daughter can have the luxury of a laptop at college... and this is how I am treated!!! What a sad day... what a sad company... I am truly saddened by the pathetic level customer service has dropped to in this country... ( or in HP's case.. in India)... I am disgusted and saddened. I will have to pay to take it somewhere and have it fixed just so I can salvage what's left of my sanity!! Ridiculous!!!
 9th of Feb, 2009 by   Ali 0 Votes
Frusted with DELL end buying 1 HP Desktop and 2 HP Laptop - I guess I engaged myself from worse customer service to WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I disagree with Jax that HOW come the product is goo if it breaks in few days of purchase? DVD in my desktop stopped responding in less than 2 months. I found out in other blogs that - this is a known issue with HP Lightscribe DVDs. Then everything is identical with all of yours. Tried troubleshooting, called Tech Support - they did the same for over 2 hours (which I did in 30 minutes), ordered the parts, did not get the parts. Now the hassle begins - Call for information/status, but end up being transferred from one person to another - and repeat everything over again - price to pay for "cheap price".

I was lucky at my 9th or 10th call to HP that the call did not go to India - instead it went to Canada. Replacement parts was reordered while I was with just 1 agent. I am waiting for the part. BUT, I have decided - I had enough with HP - no more!!!
 19th of Feb, 2009 by   aks 0 Votes
I hope they listen to what their customer service people Say to people... RIDICULOUS

I just had a horrible experience with a customer service rep with HP for printer sales.

I Called up HP phone number 1-800474****

The sales on the phome named - AMIT

When I told him I want to get a printer since my previous HP printer has broken, he was being nice to and wanted to know about my native town etc, Which was not even needed for buying a printer :))

Any way once he gave me my options nicely, I told him that I will get back to them with what I want to buy, he started pushing me to make the decision right away. Again I told him that I will call back again, he started ridiculing me for not making the deicsion and started making horrible comments> i was really taken aback by this. Then the guy goes " how many years will it take you to make the decision ?" I said I will call back, then again he started making loose comments, I was shocked and had to put the phone down.

I sent complaint to HP online and I hope they do Something about it. But I AM NEVER BUYing from HP AGAIN. Their Service SUCKS...
 11th of Mar, 2009 by   thangxii 0 Votes
I don't know how HP win the Customer Service award.

I sent in my laptop to get fix, they return it back in a week, and said every was taken care of. The laptop is very slow, and have to wait 1-2 second after very click. I contacted HP, and they told me tons of things to try, on my laptop, after a week of trying, they finally told me so ship in the 2nd time, and tell me to get everything fixed soon because I expressed my need for the laptop. Every time I checked with them, the support team basically tell me to shut up and wait. On the delivery date, I checked with them again and they told me the laptop is with Fedex, not with them anymore. But right when I asked them for the tracking number, they told me it will be delivery soon. I first time I sent it in since 2/14, and still haven't got thing fixed until today 3/11. All I get is "soon"

So if you guys happened to buy an HP. Good luck.

World's Most Outrageous Gas Prices