logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Arizona Tea
Diet decaf green tea with ginseng
2. (1 mins ago)
Tidebuy
ordered items never gt delivered
3. (5 mins ago)
Fraud and cheating!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Houston Yellow Cab, Houston, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Lost Baggage, Missed Flight, Unapologetic, Uncaring, Rude

Houston Yellow Cab Contacts & Informations

Houston Yellow Cab

Posted: 2011-11-26 by    ekim256

Lost Baggage, Missed Flight, Unapologetic, Uncaring, Rude

Yellow Cab Houston
1406 Hays
Houston, Texas
yellowcabhouston.com
Terrible service - what an ordeal! I placed an order for a 6AM cab the night before. Received confirmation, thought everything would be fine. I woke up early, waited by the curb for the driver. To ensure a car was on it's way, I called at 6AM to verify the order and I was told by the operator that a driver was already on the way and it would only be a few minutes. 10 minutes later, I called again and was told that the driver was only a few minutes away. After another 10 minutes, I called and explained that I was on the way to the airport, and a cab was absolutely necessary or I'd miss my flight - the operator assured me that one was on it's way as she saw that it was only '2 miles out'. I called a third time at 6:30AM and was not impressed when I was told that a driver was only a couple minutes away. When 6:40AM rolled around, I called and had the operator stay on the line with me until the driver showed up - I told him that I was extremely late for my flight and it was already 6:45AM. I instructed him to put my bags in the car while I returned my friend's jacket to his house.
On the way to the airport, he made all sorts of excuses - blamed other drivers for not coming, blamed the GPS system - being defensive. Upon arrival at the airport, only 2 bags were taken out of the trunk of the cab - the third bag was nowhere to be seen. Extremely unimpressed!! 45 minutes late, a lost bag, and a missed flight. I had to pay $75 to compensate and waited at the airport for 7 hours until the next flight was available.
During those 7 hours, I repeatedly called Yellow Cab and was continuously re-routed and even hung up on. Patricia, in customer service, did NOT get back to me as promised. I was told that they would NOT send any body to retrieve my belongings on the street because it was my "...fault for rushing the driver". That is absolutely ridiculous. The driver, James, may be friendly but that does not compensate for a full bag of Peter Thomson Roth products, 1 pair of Prada shoes, 2 silk business shirts, 1 business skirt, 1 pair of dress pants, and a piece of government-issued ID.

After 7 hours of being at the airport and being unable to get any response from Yellow Cab (who supposedly conceded by saying that they'd send someone to check for my bag and call me back), I left Houston very unsettled. I missed all of my client meetings, I had to spend a full day at the airport, I had to pay $75US for the missed flight, and I lost quite a few of my belongings. The value of the losses is significant, and I definitely did not appreciate the rude service that I received.

Upon arriving at my destination, I continuously called Yellow Cab to get an answer. I was repeatedly told that Patricia was unavailable. I left, y contact information and I was never called back. I sent an email and did not receive a reply.

I travel on a weekly basis for work. I will never use Yellow Cab again nor would I suggest any co-workers to use them. We would rather use another cab company or even a sedan service rather than supporting them.

Extremely late
Very rude
Dishonest (they cab was never just a couple minutes away)
Comments United States Public Transportation & Taxi
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Twitter Hack