Household Bank Credit Card

Posted:

many issues

Household Bank Credi Card
Traverse City, United States
I had set up payments to be taken out bi-weekly. What they didn't tell me was that it was only good for one year. They didn't tell me that I had to resign again. I missed a payment and they rasied my interest rate to 29%. When I called them they refused to help me or lower the interest rate. I told them that if they could lower my interest rate that I could pay off my credit card and get back on track. They would not work with me or make any adjustments. Even the manager I spoke with refused to help me.
I had some financial setbacks and had difficulty keeping up with payments. Today, my mother called me...she was not listed on the credit card. They went to a law firm to take me to court. My mother was told that I had to contact this company and I would be taken to court.
My father died five days ago. They called my parents to get me to work with them. I called the agency and they told me if I didn't pay the $1800 in a month they would file a judgement against me.
I thought it was illegal to call someone who was not on the account or whose was not a co-signer. Midpoint is the agency. I can't afford to pay the full amount but managed to pay $400.00 I don't have the rest of the money.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful?
More Household Bank Credit Card Complaints & Reviews
Household Bank Credit Card - Collection Notice [1]

Comments

22nd of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes

Household Bank Credit Card - REDICULUOS INTEREST RATES
Clackamas
Oregon

I just want everyone to understand that household bank credit card should be considered MOB MONEY. If and when you ever need it then that is your choice, but when you get out of that position to have to use them GET OUT. There entire existence is based on naive people in need and who for some stupid reason stay with them. FYI I am one of those stupid people who stayed with them.

Contact Us