logo

BES & Commercial Energy
Mis-sold energy contract & prices
3. (22 mins ago)
ABS-CBN
primetime niyo ang boys over flowers
4. (33 mins ago)

Posted:    Ricky

Unauthorized charges

Hot Movie Sales
hotmoviesale.com
$29.95 in unauthorized charges. nothing shipped. difficult to cancel. the total cost for the movie when you check out is NOT the true cost. you most likely just signed up for 30 bucks and more. do not buy from HMS.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Apr, 2009 by   donito 0 Votes
I was surfing the net looking for a copy of the newest release of "Cool Hand Luke" and I found a new copy for $8.99 plus $2.99 shipping and bought it. Within a week, I received a completely damaged DVD and had to spend over an hour to get the RMA to return it by a CSR who was very accusing, like I'm going to rip him off when all I wanted was another undamaged copy of the same movie. He made sure to tell me that if he did not get the damaged copy that I would be charged twice. OMG, then a week ago, I find this charge for $29.99 for my quarterly "membership" fee. PEOPLE... I did not just fall off the turnip wagon. I AM a smart shopper and do not remember that fee. So I called and was reminded that I agreed to their small print terms of service. The $8.99 was the hook to get me a membership to buy new movies that I can buy at Target, Wal-Mart, or Walgreen's for $14.99 for no less than $16.99 plus shipping. Most were $18.99. O.K., I have ranted and still am mad. From what I read they are ripping off many people, so my next letter will be going to the Postmaster General and the Federal Trade Commission.
 8th of Apr, 2009 by   Jude 0 Votes
I ordered a set of Bible DVD's and received them OK - however, Hot Movie Sales continued to bill me monthly for a membership that I did not order. To try to cancel online is impossible. I finally got someone on the phone and after letting off some steam, the person agreed to cancel my membership and refund the extra monies charged to my account. If you are tempted to order ANYTHING from this website, DON'T DO IT.
 8th of Apr, 2009 by   Jude 0 Votes
I was very upset when I saw my bank statement and saw that they were continuing to charge me for a membership I didn't sign up for and for merchandise I did not order.
 23rd of Apr, 2009 by   Terri 0 Votes
Don't order from HMS it is a rip off and they are crooks. I ordered a movie and was charged $19.95 for a membership, a monthly charge which I did not authorize, they will tell you when you phone to complain that the charge was on the statement when you ordered the movie, was not. It was charged to my credit card three days later, I cancelled and phoned them, to no avail. They repeatedly said I agreed to a membership charge. What happens is if you check the box to save $5 then this is how they get you. I phoned my credit card company and explained to them I never authorized this. They dismissed the charge. When I received my statement I noticed two other charges for $1 each, have no idea what that was for. A month went by and I never did receive the movie, they cancelled on ME! Had I received the movie it would have cost me $35.25 for a $10 movie. Buyer be ware, if it sounds too good to be true it usually is!
 21st of Aug, 2009 by   C. Hof 0 Votes
DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM HOT MOVIE SALES! I believed that I was purchasing a DVD and at the time of checkout only the price of the DVD, tax & shipping was charged. BEWARE, this is where I was decieved. Then Hot Movies Sales has my credit card information and begins charging me 19.95 a month for a movie club that I never agreed to. According to Hot Movies Sales there was notification at the time of checkout stating that I agreed to the club for a free trial period of three days and if I didn't cancel the membership, my credit card would be charged 19.95 a month. I was on vacation, behind on my bank statement and never noticed the charge until the second month. When I contacted Hot Movies Sales, they provided with an explanation that two emails were sent to welcome me to my new 19.95 a month membership. After checking both had gone to my Spam email and the 19.95 a month was at the bottom in small print. Now let's be real, who would pay $239.40 a year to buy movies at a lower rate? Even Sam's Club and Costco charge much less a year for a host of products. Hot Movie Sales is scam that deceives people because the company isn't smart enough to make a profit honestly.
 13th of Jan, 2011 by   heyyo26 0 Votes
Actually it does say on the internet at hot movie sales .com that you will be activated into a membership you failed to read carefully also you said yourself you weren't paying any attention to your charges on your card so... Something i find really funny is you should always check your order the next day after purchase come on that is day one stuff.
 21st of Jan, 2011 by   jokim 0 Votes
Do NOT buy from them. You will have a lots of headaches. I experienced a lot of the same things from the comments above.

Tips How to Save Money on Gasoline