Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

PO Box 810365
Boca Raton, United States
Phone: 866-566-8437
hotmoviesale.com
Smart Savings, Discount Book Sale, Hot Book Sale, Hot movie sale. These are all the same company with the same intention- to grossly mislead you into a MONTHLY membership fee of 29.95 and a $1 processing fee. They grossly mislead you into some 3 day trial membership, that you do not know you are signing up for There is no way to order something w/o this being attached and they deceitfully put it there and you don't even know you are signing up for anything. Would anyone willingly sign up for a book discount program that charges $30 a month- a MONTH?? No one would. They purposely trick you. Look them up online- there are MANY people who have been scammed. Look up each of the companies name and put scam by it and look and see what google pulls up before buying from them. And they probably have more websites out there that I don't know of. They also leave false praise reports about themselves, even though the truth is clear on SO many websites. I have reported all 4 companies on BBB.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Airlines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
This is a fraudulent, deceiving company. I go over my credit cards bills every month, and discovered an extra charge. I had ordered one movie, and paid the $1.00 fee to join, then cancelled it. The extra fee was $119! On the phone they told me it was a second membership fee! How could anyone know or imagine that a company would charge two membership fees, and the disparity is obviously criminal, in my book! Beware, warn your friends, and get the word out that Hot Movie Sale is a fraud!
 30th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes

Hot Movie Sale - hidden charges
Hot movie sale
PO Box 810365
Boca Raton
Florida

I bought a movie and was charge twice a hidden fee for $12 for a membership I did not agree to. I called and told them this, they said that they sent me an e-mail which I nevered received, where I was told about the membership.
 17th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Used 'Hot Movie Sale' to order a DVD. Declined to sign up for their "buyer's club" membership. They gave a discount for a first purchase, which I could not decline, which it turns out signed me up for "buyer's club." E-mail confirmed the DVD purchase, but nothing about the "3-day trial period" to decline the "buyer's club." Then the credit card bill arrived and that's when I found out that I had "accepted" the membership. BS.

Calling them on the phone, they had very pat answers to all my complaints, and refused to reverse the "buyer's club" charge. The stonewalling was well scripted. IMHO, any acceptance of this "buyer's club" was obtained by pure trickery.
 21st of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Same with me. I went on line and bought a movie from HOTMOVIESALE and next ting I know I'm getting all these welcome to your new membership in our club for only $29.00 a month. I and refusing the movie I bought and have canceled the membership. Do not do business with this company. It's one big scam.
 10th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
I canceled the subscription and just found out they have been charging me for 8 months. My husband thought the charge was for another account so he never questioned the charge! Now they wont give me a supervisor to talk to. This company is very shady!!!
 25th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
Same thing happened to me. During the ordering process, they must have snucked in a fine print to sign you up for a monthly membership with BestBrandValues for $19.95.
I called and cancelled, and will put in a dispute with my credit card company.
Beware of the scammer!!
 31st of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
I just found out I am also a victim of this company! I ordered Pilates DVD which cost only $6.41 including shipping with a new customer discount of $5, but they did not have it in stock for the last four weeks and finally said they cancelled my order last week. Today I saw on my credit card statement they charged $19.95 in July. I had no idea about membership. So I called and found out about it. After complaining heavily, they agreed to give me a refund of $19.95 and cancel my membership. When I called credit card company hoping to check their refund, I discovered another $19.95 was charged in Aug. The fact I didn't know was that the membership was MONTHLY!! I called HMS again, but in vain. They said it was stated when I confirmed the order and also in welcome e-mail. After three days trial, no refund. The refund they were giving me was from the first month. Tricky fine print!! This is a crime!
 8th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I was just scammed by this company. Hotbooksale.com. I searched online for the best price for the book I was looking for & that company came up in the search. I filled out the order & paid with a credit card & they billed me for the book. I was then redirected to a page which asked me if I wanted a trial membership & I clicked on "no thanks." I was then redirected to a page which thanked me for my order. I received an email thanking me for my order and telling me I had 3 days to cancel my membership or I would be billed $19.95 per month. What a scam!
 21st of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I HATE THEM!! THEY SUCK! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!! THEY TOLD ME.. TOLD ME!!!
That REGARDLESS HOW MANY TIMES YOU CLICK NO to the MEMBERSHIP just by SIMPLY CLICKING YES TO BUYING THE MOVIE YOU ORDERED THEY INROLL YOU IN THEIR STUPID MEMBERSHIP!!! GET THIS I WAS CHARED $9.95 NOT EVEN THE ACUTAL MEMBERSHIP FEE! WHY DO YOU THINK THE DO THAT??? YOU ARE MORE LIKELY NOT TO NOTICE ON YOUR STATEMENT!!
THEY ARE SOOOO DISHONEST!!
 16th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
It happened to me as well. I purchased a movie for $4.00 and it has cost me $233.30!! I went back over all my bank statements and in my case, the first few months of charges were $29.95 then $12.00, then $9.95. I never even noticed the charges, thinking they were for something else. When I called the company, the service rep was like a machine, stating I would be refunded $19.90. I asked for a manager and they hung up on me TWICE!!! When I finally spoke with a manager he told me it was my fault for being STUPID and not reading the fine print! I filed a complaint with the credit card company and the Better Business Bureau (they have over 500 complaints logged for this company). Totally dishonest, how do they sleep at night?
 11th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
Never buy anything from HotMovieSale.com. If you do, they will get you. Read the fine print for sure. I bought 2 DVDs after I found HMS on Amazon.com. They give a $5 discount on first item plus $2.99 SH. One DVD arrived alright but the other they put on hold and then finally said it was out of stock. They strung me along just long enough to charge this discount club membership for 2 months before I got my paper credit card statement. I at once called HMS to question this $9.95 charge and they said I joined the club by agreeing to the "Terms." I cancelled the membership but they said they had already charged my card to a 2nd month and would not give a refund. My Bank of America MC would not help me. What a SCAM but they are permitted to do this since it's in the Terms--but cloaked deceivingly. I have sent a complaint to the FTC and will do so to Amazon also. This reflects poorly on them also. BUYER BEWARE!
 6th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
Same story as those above...ordered 2 movies for my daughter for Christmas...just realized tonight that they charged me an additional $9.95 for Dec & Jan for something...I suppose the "membership" I didn't sign up for.
I have filed an online dispute claim with my credit card company (Bank of America) and will be calling them on Monday. I will also be calling these cheating scumbags on Monday.
Also, I suggest anyone who's been scammed like this to report it the the Southeast FL Better Business Bureau, here' the url and you can do it online. Come on people--flood them with complaints and maybe they'll shut these jerks down!!
 6th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
 18th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
Different buyer, same story. Thanks to fargopeach for the BBB URL. I just filed my complaint. It was easy so please all do the same. Automatic membership fees should not be the default.
 6th of Mar, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I clicked on an ad that was suggested to me on Ebay.com
The ad took me to a different page that was Hotmoviesales.com and I thought that since ebay suggested it to me as a good place to buy DVDs everything would be fine.
I purchsed 2 DVDs at a great price with $5 off and they charged my credit card. More than a month later I receive an email from them that my order had been cancelled and that I will be receiving a refund. I checked my credit card a few days later to find out not only I did not receive a refund but that they charged me the exact amount for the DVDs a second time!!!
This company is committing fraud but because the amount is always under $20 no-one will bother to waste a few days of their life trying to file complaints with the authorities.
 12th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
It appears they now have reduced their monthly fee to about $20 per month and a 7-day trial period. Before leaving web-site they offer a "chat" option where I asked if they were authentic dvds or they were "copies" (i.e. pirated). The chat person came back with "I'll be here if you have any other questions ;)" They didn't answer my first question. SO I asked again and again no response which promted me to check out the site by using a search engine which I am glad I found this one before getting involved with these scammers. I am beginning to think they either don't come through with the dvds (by cancelling your order after the trial period) and just charge the monthly fee each month. This certainly sounds like a SCAM for sure. I noticed that some of their dvds say they are not availabe for days or weeks - probably to make sure they can charge some monthly fees before cancelling the order on you and you end up with nothing but a bill and a useless membership.
 20th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! SHAM, SCAMMERS, SCUM OF THE EARTH!!! I have been charged for the last 7 months because the statements are paid by my employee, who did not know they did NOT deserve a penny more than what I had originally owed for my purchase. ---------- COMPLETE SCAM ---------
 26th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes

Hot Movie Sale - Scam Company-Do Not Use!
Hot Movie Sale.com
Florida

I ordered a DVD months ago, paid for it. I get my credit card bill months later with a charge of 9.95 on it. When I called they stated I agreed to pay a membership fee, which I did not! They would not refund the fee. This company is a scam! STAY AWAY FROM IT! I will contact my attorney to see if this is fraud.
 18th of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes
These guys are a bunch of con artists! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! The other reviews are spot on and if you order a movie/game/software, they do not allow you to decline the discount which will automatically enroll you in the club. The wording is very slick and vails the membership and charges nicely. I called their customer sevice to complain about the $20+ they scammed me out of, and Francisco was polite about it but said he could not do anything. Go to Best Buy and pay a little more and be assured that you are not getting ripped off!
 1st of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have been victimized, too, by this shoddy outfit...And they insists that I signed up for a membership with a company I never heard of. On top of it all, I only ordered one DVD, and I never EVER received it, which seems to be the case with a lot of other victims. My next move is to complain to the BBB, which probably doesn't do any good either. Bunch of crooks who just sit back and let the money of the suckers roll in...

Fake Designer Handbag Scam