logo

Capital visas
Absolutely disgusting company
4. (42 mins ago)
nutrasupport.net
The seller didn’t tell the correct price
5. (59 mins ago)
Rewa Kumar
Fraud

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Horizon Gold Complaints & Reviews - These people get you a $500 unsecured credit card!

Horizon Gold Contacts & Informations

Horizon Gold

Posted:    Cynthia L. Haltom

These people get you a $500 unsecured credit card!

This is a good one. These people get you a $500 unsecured credit card for a one time fee of $79.95 and a monthly maintenance fee of $19.95. The card is called Horizon Gold. When you go to the web site it isn't there. When you call the phone number it's disconnected. What's a girl to do? I'd like to beat the, never mind, it's just that this whole money scam thing makes me so angry it is unbelievable. I don't get much financially anyway and to get even less is deplorable. How do you catch these people? Here one day and gone tomorrow!

Cynthia L. Haltom
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of May, 2011 by   debra wingert 0 Votes
this credit card is a scam all i have to say is they better put my money back in the bank or im calling on line fraud investecator didnt even use this card they take the money right out of your bank mwith no authorization my lawyer will here from him and they r thefs if u guys want to do anything tier it up but they wont be getting out of my bank again
 16th of May, 2011 by   debra wingert 0 Votes
does any body have there phone number id rather tell this shit in person
 28th of Jul, 2011 by   Michele89 0 Votes
They just sent me something today!! im glad i did some research on them because i would have been up set!! thanks guys!!
 18th of Oct, 2011 by   TASHAFORET 0 Votes
I CALLED GOT ONE TODAY WENT AHEAD AND DID WHAT I WAS TOLD THAT I SHOP THEY WILL BILL ME AND I MAKE PAYMENTS THEN WHEN I ORDERED WHAT I WANTED THEY ASKED FOR MY CREDITCARD NUMBER AGAIN AND IM TO PAY MOST OF THE ORDER NOW THAT SUCKS AFTER THEY TOOK 29.95 FROM ME IM CALLING BACK AGAIN AND CANCEL THEY LIED AND THEY BETTER PICK UP TOMORROW
 28th of Oct, 2011 by   sunnysik 0 Votes
herizon gold card Phone #: 800-251-6144 (please read the pro's and cons before canceling)
I SUGGEST IF YOU CANCEL CALL UP AND CANCEL THE FIRST DAY YOU APPLY OR YOU WILL PAY PRORATION FEE's

PLEASE NOTICE THIS CARD HAS ITS PRO"S AND CONS

PRO - THIS IS a great card if you dont use it, you will pay only 25$ a month and it will increase your credit And will report positively if you pay on time (but you will pay alot 270$ a year for the monthly rate, plus $78 annualy this is just the fee's doesnt include purchases)

CON- This card is expensive if you use it, ALSO YOU CAN ONLY USE IT ON ONLINE PURCHASES it is an in store card doesnt come with a visa or mastercard logo to use anywhere

Complain About the
 4th of Nov, 2011 by   Franky J 0 Votes
I just got a Horizon Gold Card to raise my credit score. It seems as if everybody on here didn't read the terms and conditions for the card. Yes, there is a monthly fee, but you get a $500 credit line and you get benefits with the card like a roadside assistance program and unlimited access to your credit report. If you're looking to increase your credit score, this product is legit and I would recommend Horizon.
 25th of Nov, 2011 by   annes2hot 0 Votes
they just scammed me too. I will find out what is up. Im not a happy camper. I am in stage3 panreatic cancer and this was suppose to be my beautiful christmas wish. I was assured that there was no scams or frauds. what am i going to tell my kids.
 25th of Dec, 2011 by   agent syntax +1 Votes
This is a common response that I would expect from a dead beat or a I gotta have a credit card type of targeted consumer group. I do not really think that your complaints will mean anything if the credit card company that is horizon gold can prove that they are a Federal Credit Union. All it could amount to should your complaints prove dis-positive amount to all participants being blacklisted or given a key derogatory on your credit report. The card has endless possibilities you can even operate a online business. The maintenance fees are for services that they extend to you such as business forms and preparation support roadside assistance etc. there is never a monthly fee charged for the unsecured line of credit and never will be unless you become a dead beat and force them to add penalty fee for your non-payment of a invoice and to the commercial lender you will be worst than a dead beat for that. So it is up to you to apply for the card I am just letting you know what the card is and is not and what you could do with the credit card and what the monthly maintenance fees are billed to your for.
 30th of Dec, 2011 by   SIERRA IN TAHOE 0 Votes
Please call Customer Service at 1-800-251-6144. It took me a good 45 minutes to finally find a phone number for this scam. They charged my account $19.95, totally unauthorized right at Christmas, when everyone is counting their pennies. What a bunch of B.S!!!
 2nd of Jan, 2012 by   singh111 0 Votes
This card is only good if u have alot of money to pay about 75$ one time fee and 240$ yearly fee, if you have the money its good for reporting a 3, 000 dollar credit on ur report but if u dont I WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST NOT TO TAKE THIS CARD.

Go for a secured credit card you make a deposit they match the deposit to ur credit limit example deposit 200 and you will recieve 200 worth of credit, capital one secured, citi bank secured, and orchard bank secured are the best ones at a low intrest rate. All of the major banks offer secured credit cards at 29-39$ annual fee and a normal low interest rate ; JUST MAKE SURE U READ THE INTREST RATES SOME SECURED CARD COMPANY's ARE RIP OFFS with high annual fee's and 50% interest ... And just make sure ur not late on ur payments or ur just wasting ur time and making the whole process of increasing ur credit score pointless.
 7th of Jan, 2012 by   upsetascanbe 0 Votes
Its not cool that ive cancled my card months ago and they've been taking money off my debit card wth...hows that even possible?
 12th of Feb, 2012 by   Mrs. Taylor 21 0 Votes
Thanks to all who post their comments about how they were scammed. It helps everyone and we should all write to our congressman if nothing else demanding something be done about them. People with bad credit need help rebuilding their credit and that should be put in our letters also. There needs to be government regulated something that will allow people to prove that they can recover after a bad spell. We all have them. thanks, Mrs. Taylor
 23rd of Feb, 2012 by   tigger22 0 Votes
The product is designed to take advantage of the credit needy in this economy. The attached benefit plan is worthless, only exists to justify charging you a monthly recurring fee of about $20. The card itself is only valid at the company's own online store, which carries nothing more than marked up items they bought from overstocks, discontinued and returned items, in other words just plain junk. The ownership used to run a similar business a few years back until they abandoned that product because of legal issues.
 3rd of Apr, 2012 by   milehilady 0 Votes
I so glad I read these reviews. Thank god the Internet can be used for something good like warning people of scams like this!
 11th of Apr, 2012 by   cbmk 0 Votes
Thanks everyone for posting your comments about this scumbag company.
Anytime you get an offer that seems too good to be true, type their business name in your search box and get the info about them before you get scammed by them.
Good luck to everyone.
 22nd of Apr, 2012 by   maryjon664 0 Votes
i was scammed too took money out of my acct and also when going online irts not a credit card they also make you pay for shipping and they took money out of my acct before they were suppose too
they totally scamed me had to change mycard and acct called them to rid of this this ia a scam
 22nd of Apr, 2012 by   maryjon664 0 Votes
i was scammed big time they took mioney out of my bank which caused over draft said they werent taking money out and it wasnt a credit card it was a merchant card had to change my acct i totally was scamed they are ripp offs cause so much trouble
 28th of Apr, 2012 by   bonnie biddlecome 0 Votes
A big "THANK YOU" to everyone who took time to share their experiences with this company. I was minutes away from accepting the card offer. I tried looking at their website and found a lot of negative information. I am very disappointed, BUT extremely grateful that I was able to avoid that pitfall.

Thanks again for taking time to share.
 11th of May, 2012 by   bradley fisher 0 Votes
i just got scamed to they scent me an email telling me that i called and cancled the card when i did not even know the number i can not believe people would stoop that low and to tell me that i would have to re aply for the card meaning they would want more money from me getting tired of it
 17th of May, 2012 by   punkee75 0 Votes
I cannot say THANK YOU enough to every person who has posted their (unfortunate) experiences with this SCAM of a so-called "credit-card" company! I ALMOST took the bait, as many have but, fortunately I did a google search and found this Complaint board... what totally blows my mind is that this complaint board goes back OVER FOUR, NEARLY FIVE YEARS!!! Why in the h*** isn't the BBB stepping in and shutting these scam-artists, or should I say THIEVES down!?!?!?!? What a disgrace! All I can say is THANK YOU to you all and to anyone else looking into this company: DO NOT APPLY FOR THE CARD! IT'S nothing but a greedy, heartless "company" that preys off the financially struggling American's that are desperate in an unstable economy! ... Hopefully "Horizon" will get a big dose of KARMA sooner than later! Five years is TOO LONG for them to still up and running! SHUT THEM DOWN!!!

Top Consumer Complaint by Fed: #10 - #6