logo

RIVERSIDE CPS
CPS IS A SCANDLE . THEY TAKE KIDS FOR JOB SECURITY
2. (26 mins ago)
Dunkin Donuts
dirt in cake donut dough
3. (29 mins ago)
Never Buy!!!!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

H.O.P.E. Home Owner Protection Economics, Delray Beach, Florida Complaints & Reviews - rip off

H.O.P.E. Home Owner Protection Economics Contacts & Informations

1801 S Federal Hwy Ste 219
Delray Beach, Florida
Phone: 561-939-7721
homeownerprotectioneconomics.com
This company owed me ONLY $90 and refused to pay me after working there almost a week. THEY FIRED ME BECASUE MY GRANDMOTHER PASSED AWAY AND I HAD TO TAKE OFF FOR HER FUNERAL.

If you are thinking of working there or using them to help you modify you loan... DONT!!

GO TO YOUR MORTAGE COMPANY OR DO IT YOURSELF YOU DONT NEED TO PAY ANYONE TO MODIFY YOUR LOAN.

IF YOU HAVE TO PAY WALK AWAY !!! Home Owner Protection Economics DONT PAY WALK AWAY

H.O.P.E. DONT USE THEM

www.homeownerprotectioneconomics.com DONT USE THEM

H.O.P.E. Home Owner Protection Economics

Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Feb, 2010 by   michellecontreras -1 Votes
i used the hope agency and got ripped off $400. they gave me paperwork, i signed and faxed everything in, but from that point on... i heard absolutely nothing. they told me not to make our house payments, therefore we didnt and got nothing. they promised our rate to be lowered to approimately 4% and have a payment lower than $700 a month. i am still stuck in my 6.25% interest reate and paying $1100 a month and im now 9 months behind thanks to them telling me not to make the payments... i call and leave messages for them and hear nothing in return... all they want is your money so they can leave you high and dry.
 18th of Feb, 2010 by   matt snyder 0 Votes
i dont know who submitted these two complaints, but whoever it is that is calling us a fraud is a fraud themself, we help hundreds of families a week save their homes and thousands of dollars in the process, if we cant help them we dont charge them, or we refund them so lay off you looser who is trying to ruin our great non profit organization!
 24th of Feb, 2010 by   drstephens -1 Votes
I cannot get anyone to answer the phone. It goes straight to a mailbox 203-this is my last hope and the end is near- does anyone know anything?
 25th of Feb, 2010 by   mattsnyder88 0 Votes
To drstephens, please give me a call and i will help u out,

877-467-7721 ext. 206, or my cell#- 814-233-9564
 27th of Feb, 2010 by   rusty1234 0 Votes
I am getting ready to use http://www.homeownerprotectioneconomic.com/ and pay $495 for their service which by the way I do not have the money and they will not work with the price . And I am looking for the real truth about them. I was always told that if it sound to good to be true then watch out. So if you have used them please post a comment for others to read and mattsnyder88 since you seem to be working there please provide some links to support your company. Has anybody did a review on this company, I would like the complaints more than the success but do post your comments.
drstephens did you call mattsnyder88
michellecontretas did you get your problem resolved and did you use home owner protection economic.
I am in a tight window so if you please post quick
helpneeded
 27th of Feb, 2010 by   rusty1234 0 Votes
I have found this from another site so I have copied it to here

Group,
I recieved a letter that sounds similar to the ones that you have. I called and asked many questions (I'm a salesman myself). The rep seemed a little distrought from some of my very simple financial questions, in which i already knew the answers to. This caused me to question the entire program alltogether. They are known as HOPE as well but slightly different. Home Owners Protection Economics. The rep stated that they are a "hardship" adjuster. So if you have any hardship such as not making enough money or being "upsideown" (as i am) this will "qualify" you for this program. He got back to me after 15 minutes as he said he would with news that i had been qualifed. Would cut my monthly payments by approx. half.
Now my most basic question: "What do I have to do?" The answer was not straightforward at all. What I got out of him was that I would have to purchase ($595 on sale from $795)this software or "web based program" to go through the restructuring process. I asked the name of the software and he had to check with his "supervisor" and returned with "It has no name!" REALLY?? What program have you ever used in your life that has no name? B.S. This is when i knew that something was really false... or B.S.
I ask for any information on this program that i need to buy, which sounds like it doesn't do anything for 500 bucks... i'd hope it at least gave me a BJ or something for that. The only thing i get from him is a web address:
Fakest looking site i've ever seen. I made better sites when i was in middle school learning HTML programming. There is NO information whatsoever on this site. Not about this software or anything regarding how I manage to save half my payment a month. NOTHING.
This is what triggers me to search deeper and i found similar forums like this on with other people who have lost their houses or payed people like this and got nothing but B.S. in return. Luckily I was smart enough to see through this like glass. I am very sorry for anyone who has been affected by a scam like this but hopefully it will allow you to see through these people before its too late.

Gary D. 24
Massachusetts
 9th of Mar, 2010 by   Galaxia23 +1 Votes
Ok plan and simple. Speak with a real estate agent. Most will help you modify your loan. I was going to use H.O.P.E, but I disliked how the rep approached me via telephone. He kept stating things such as dear, ok thank you love, and it was very much so unprofessional. Also I gave them one phone number to contact me at, and they ended up calling my place of business. I have been bombarded with phone calls, and emails from the representative. What is interesting is that when I had the 1st and only conversation with this rep, he was very pushy to get the money of $495 and informed me that he can only hold out my application for 1 day if I call back the next morning for payment. I informed him I wanted to research this service a bit more and he said check your email, I sent you some links about us. That is all fine and dandy, but "I wanted to research for myself, " not have the company trying to obtain my money give me "great" links about their program. So I did my research and found the good and bad of this program. The rep has been calling me for 3 days in a row about we can still help you with your modification. I then spoke with my finance's father who is my real estate agent and he said that if anyone does not guarantee that their service will reduce your interest rate with your mortgage(s), then it is a scam. He said that he has been seeing several of his clients get screwed out of money they don't even have. He had to modify his own loan, so he is going to help me with him. He said that he has actually helped his clients as well and all of this is done for free. DO NOT USE H.O.P.E unless you have money to gamble with.
 4th of May, 2010 by   scornedinatl 0 Votes
I received two separate emails from H.O.P.E. indicating they were trying to reach me to help me with a loan modification. I contacted the representative and went through an assortment of questions. At the end of the interview I was told that I was "approved" for the program and quoted new interest rates for both my first and second mortgages. Immediately I was provided with an email with links for payment and then subsequently a link where I was to fill in my detailed financial information. Once this process was completed, I was told that my finances were under review and someone would contact me. Several phone calls and emails later, I still have not heard anything. I have disputed this charge ($795) with my credit card company and have turned this deceptive company in for their fraudalent business tactics. How awful that they prey on those in need in order to make money.
 10th of May, 2010 by   Amy Phanethong 0 Votes
Who ever is trying to use them PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM they're fake... I paid $400.00 and didn't get anything out of it except a formware that I had to fill out for myself. I try calling them back didn't get anyone but went straight to the answering machine. I try asking for a supervisor; wasn't any use.. Let me repreat myself again DO NOT USE THEM IT'S A RIP OFF!!!
 5th of Aug, 2010 by   AnthonyBattaglia 0 Votes
My daugher didn't want me to use them for my modification because she heard there were bad reviews. But I took my chances because my bank wouldn't help and I had already filled out the information and paid my money.
Believe it or not, I did get a pretty decent modification with this agency. They reduced my mortgage by $203 a month and reduced my mortgage by 2 percent.
My property is in San Diego, Califorina.
My experience was positive.

Anthony Battaglia
661.209.4958
 27th of Aug, 2010 by   Clydemac 0 Votes
TOTAL RIPPOFF! THEY ARE A SCAM! Do not use this company.They do nothing more than take your money. Contact your current lender. They will do the exact same thing that this company does for you at no cost. Look them up on the Better Business Bureau, they have a D rating. They can not qualify you only your lender can do this. DONT BELIEVE A WORD THEY SAY!!!
 15th of Sep, 2010 by   David Brumfield 0 Votes
I complained to the better business bureau about this company. It worked at first. A supervisor called me on aug. 24 and we argued for a while about it. But after 3 times of going back and forth the BBB said that is all they can do and they will put it down as unresolved. All we wanted was our $595 back because we believed they used bad business practices. I talked to a man named Andrew Keller, he assured me the mortgage company would modify my loan. When they didnt, my wife called out there and talked to Loretta Seneca and she told my wife Andrew told me that there was a slim chance they would modify my loan. There is more to this story but believe me H.O.P.E. cant do anything more than you can do yourself. You can call your mortgage company, they can send you the papers you need to modify. Also there are web sites where you can get the papers. This company makes it seem like they can do something that you cant, when in reality they cant. This company should not even be allowed to conduct this business! The software they sell you is a rip off. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!
 9th of Oct, 2010 by   Kinabu 0 Votes
This company is a scam. I paid $795 upfront to have my loan modified but they did nothing. When they received my money, they stopped calling me and refused to pick my calls. I am in the process of suing this fraud company and making them pay back all the monies they have stolen from helpless individuals who had contacted them with genuine intention of doing business with them, but whom they took advantage of, by defrauding.

No one should do business with this fraud company - HOME OWNER PROTECTION ECONOMICS.
 18th of Nov, 2010 by   collettew 0 Votes
I paid the HOPE company $795.00 up front to re-modify my loan. It didn't make sense to just pay for software, but they made it seem as if they had an inside connection with my lender in a specialized department. The bottom line is that they gave me paperwork and I ended up submitting it myself to my own lender. They told me I qualified under the HAMP program, would get me a reduction in my interest rate and a lower monthly payment. After 3 months of submitting paperwork to my lender, they told me that I did not qualify. How is it that I was told that I did from the very beginning from HOPE? It was a scam!!! When I tried to contact this fraudulent company I didn't get through. They lied and stole my money. If any company asks for money up front, to do any type of loan modification or refinance don't trust it. And do not do business with Home Owner Protection Economics - THEY ARE A SCAM!!!
 29th of Nov, 2010 by   andrewprov55 0 Votes
check with your credit card company or bank and dispute this company. my credit card company refunded my money-STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY-THEY LIE, TREAT YOU TERRIBLY
 14th of Dec, 2010 by   Nancy450 0 Votes
I got ripped off too for $795.00. And I'm a cop! No worries... these folks are gonna pay. I have the proper channels to go after the sons of bitches. I will not just do it for myself, but for every one of you. Michael Freoli said he was with the HOPE dept "with Bank of America". I knew within one hour that he was a scam artist... unfortunately AFTER I gave the jack ass $795.00.
Headed to the office personally with an investigative reporter as well as going after him for fraudulent felony charges. Thankfully in my case, I had the entire conversation recorded. STAY TUNED!
Oh... and I have his home address & cell phone number. He text's me... "Please Ma'am... stop harassing me. This is not my fault.".
 14th of Dec, 2010 by   Nancy450 0 Votes
Oh... and if you see positive posts on here, TRUST me... THEY WORK FOR THE FRIGGIN COMPANY!!! I have a former disgruntled employee that I have in my back pocket giving me the ins & outs about whats going on behind the scenes. He has told me about their fraudulent names that they frequently use, their fraudulent tactics but most importantly, he has provided me with personal information on "Joseph", "Michael", "Brent", "Derrick"... and their exact location.
The fact that I have "Michael" recorded telling me he was "approving" my "final modification" because he was with "Bank of America" & all I needed to do was pay $795.00 as a down payment for the "new loan" is a felony. It is a white collar criminal tort. Trust me... I will keep you all posted. At this point, I'm going for blood. Unfortunately, prosecuting in the criminal jurisdiction, I'll probably never see my money again. I will do everything to make sure no other family is taken advantage of in their time of desperation.

Nancy McMahon
 7th of Jan, 2011 by   Debi--T 0 Votes
WOW!! Wish I had read all this before I was rooked out of $495!! I too was in desperate times...behind 2 mtg payments and getting no where with my mtg company I had rec'vd a call from this company saying they were calling on behalf of my mtg company. Given the fact that I had previously submitted a multitude of paperwork to my lender hoping to hear something from the modification department I thought this call was from that department since they had identified themselves as such. I was told, after giving my personal info and situation, that they were calling from Flagstar the bank that holds my mtg. I was also given an "approval" number and told that I would have a decision within 3 months...yeah well as it turned out they weren't from Flagstar...they took $495 for software that gave me forms in which AFTER I submitted all this crap my mtg company called me and told me I had to fill out THEIR paperwork!!! They didn't accept forms from a third party...not too mention the 3 months that I was guaranteed turned into 6 months...to this day we STILL have not had any decision from our mtg lender AND now we are getting forclosure notices from lawyers. I am going to take the steps to get reimbursed which of course I am sure is going to be a NIGHTMARE but I will not give up until I get some results!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY>>>IT IS A FRAUD!!
 11th of Jan, 2011 by   Kristen76108 0 Votes
Someone from hope called me on my cell and flat out lied to me. He told me that they were affiliated with my mortgage company and that I was pre-approved for a loan modification. He told me I did not have to make any payments until the modification went through. He promised a 3% interest rate. Well this was in November, finally in December they send me my loan modification packet that I basically filled out myself with no help online. Funny thing is you can download these forms for free from your mortgage company. At the end of December I got forclosure documents. Not only was I not pre-approved but my paperwork was filled out wrong. I got lucky that the lady working on my case called and helped me to fix it. She told me that hope is a scam. People don't waste your money on these companies. It is free to file the loan modification packet and real agencies that actually help people do not charge a dime! Keep in contact with your mortgage companies and explain your situations. They really are not the enemy like some companies claim. The lady working on my claim said she was going to approve my remod and that she was halting my forclosure. These horrible companies have ways of finding out when people are in trouble with their mortgage, that's how the sharks from hope aquired my number. Do your research about this company you will see the complaints, and fyi the people posting that this company has helped them are just employees of this scamming company.
 11th of Jan, 2011 by   Kristen76108 0 Votes
Oh and btw they scammed me for $800 and when trying to get a refund they say the manager will call me back but he never does.

Medical Identity Robbers