logo

Esso Gas Station
Car Wash
2. (7 mins ago)
Off Lease Only
I would not recommend buying from them
4. (35 mins ago)

Posted:    Georgina Gan

Mofaz Damansara

Millenium Mofaz Damansara
Malaysia
Honda service centres are one of the worst here in Malaysia. I've been to two of them one in Klang and one in Damansara and both have disappointed me immensely. I finally conceded to take my new CRV to a nearby car workshop (the owner, whom I've known for 7 years) to get proper check up and servicing. He was shocked to see the condition of my 1 year old CRV, expecially the worn brake pads that have seen started eating into the brake discs which left gaping marks in it. I just sent the car for service 3 weeks ago and the Honda mechanics failed to detect and tell me I have no brake pads left for all 4 tyres. I use my car a lot for work and I can't imagine what would happen if my brakes have failed. I had to send the car to the other workshop as I couldn't get an appointment with Honda as it was a last minute request after knowing the problem. As I waiting for my car to be fixed in the other workshop, not surpising, another newCRV drove up to the workshop and complained that engine oil is leaking from his car...and no surprise, he just sent it for service last week. After paying RM2200 for brakes and disc replacement, I asked the owner of the workshop how many brand new CRV has he serviced and he said he lost count...probably 20 of more the past few months. He claimed that most owners complained they're not getting the experienced service required at the Honda service centres. Servicing are normally done by junior mechanics and are rushed through because of the long queue of vehicles. Hence to all Honda owners, if you have to service your cars at Honda servicing centres, please do take your car to a more experience and trusted mechanic elsewhere to have it double checked just in case.
Comments Malaysia Car Service Centers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Jul, 2009 by   Noriko Yap 0 Votes
I totally agree with you! Honda service centre in Damansara is HORRIBLE and appalingly unprofessional. I paid an ungodly sum of money to service my 2nd generation CRV and the foreman changed both my brakepads on the front wheels. Soon after that my car emmited scraping noise which was so loud passerbys stoped to look at me/my car. When i sent my car to a very reliable workshop to get a report, i was told that the brakepads that was fitted into my car was of the WRONG SIZE! It was too small for the locating frame and the only thing holding my brake pads were this tiny clip. In the event of an emergency brake, it could've dislodged and cause my front wheels to go into a 'lockdown' mode.

I travel with a very young toddler and I am also currently 4 months pregnant. Words cannot describe my anger and horror with the findings. At this rate I cannot imagine how many lives Honda Mofaz put in jeopardy each time they service their customer's cars. Something has to be done. This cannot go on.
 5th of Sep, 2011 by   BMWX5 0 Votes
I bought a new CRV from Mofaz Damansara and while the sales person was good, the service centre was terrible. After delivery of the car they informed me about the first service being free based on mileage or time (3 months). When I brought the car in for servicing they insisted that I replace two rear tyres as they were vulcanized. I asked whether this was covered but they insisted this fell under the wear & tear clause so I told them that I would check with another tyre shop before proceeding. Before the time I called back, their service rep already proceeded to install two new tyres and charged me for it. After that, I stopped going to this branch and went to Honda Sumber Auto instead (Section 17, P.J.) and had much better car service and customer service there. I have since sold the CRV after 3 years.
 10th of Feb, 2012 by   HONDA FONG 0 Votes
I CAN TOTALLY FEEL YOUR FRUSTRATIONS GOING THROUGH THE MOTION OF BRINGING OUT HARD EARN MONEY FOR A SLIP IN THE POCKET JOB...WELL NOT ALL CENTERS ARE BRANDED IN-MATURED FOREMAN ...I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU GUYS TOO ON THE SLIP SHOT WORK ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE BOGGED DOWN WITH TONS OF CARS WAITING IN LINE TO BE SERVICE. MY ADVICE IS NOT TO BRING YOUR CAR ON FRIDAY OR SATURDAY...THEY ARE MOSTLY JAM PACKED WITH APPOINTMENTS. ***** FEW THINGS TO BE AWARE OF WITH CIVIC AND CITY...REAR BEARINGS SOME HOW DO NOT LAST OUT IN OUR IRREGULAR ROAD CONDITIONS, PLEASE PLEASE...GET IT CHANGE OR CHECK UP B4 YOUR WARRANTY PERIOD IS UP, IT WILL COST YOU EASILY RM 400.00 AND ABOVE TO CHANGE IT.***** YOUR REAR DAMPER AND FRONT BEARING TOO, LASTLY ACCORD, CITY, CIVIC...FRONT BRAKE DISK YOU MAY ENCOUNTER AT TIMES YOU ARE ADVICE TO SKIM IT ...FOR WARRANTY SAKE, SKIMMING YOUR DISK MAY REDUCE THE THICKNESS OF THE SURFACE AND IN A LONG RUN ITS NOT GOOD FOR STOPPING ABILITY...BEST CHECK WITH YOUR TECHNICIAN, LASTLY BATTERY OF MOST VEHICLE USING NS40 ZL BATTERY DO NOT LAST EVEN A YEAR...CIVIC AND CITY DO CLAIM AT YOUR NEAREST DEALER ITS UNDER WARRANTY...ANY QUESTION YOU COULD REACH ME crabdanfong21@yahoo.com
 10th of Feb, 2012 by   HONDA FONG 0 Votes
YOU MAY RECEIVE A LETTER FROM HONDA MALAYSIA TO CHANGE SOME DEFECTIVE PARTS...PARTS LIKE FOR CIVIC-1.8 THE FEED HOSE, PUMP SECTION-2 UNITS OF SCREWS, CITY-REAR SEAT BELT AND POWER WINDOW SWITCH DRIVER SIDE

Tax Day: 5 Things to do Now