Home Shopping Network

Online scam!

Home Shopping Network
HSN is issuing credit cards through GEMB. I attempted to pay my account online., after registering my bank information and other personal information. I paid one payment online 3/3/08, on 38/09 I received notice that my bank had refused payment because I refuted the payment. I called my bank. My bank said nobody from HSN GEMB had requested payment and they know I did not contact them to refute payment. I spoke with regular HSN customer service 3 times, the times I was referred to the credit card side. Until reading this site I thought perhaps I had keyed in a typo on the routing number or bank account number. When speaking to the credit card folks (who are out of country (outsourcing) they first could tell me none of my personal info was accessible to them and they couldn't correct it.

They kept referring me back to normal customer service, who then transferred me back to them. The third person I spoke with said she accessed the information and it was blank-no routing number or bank account number had been filled it. This was clearly inconsistent with their own email saying they had the information to submit the bill, did submit it and was refused payment. The email is inconsistent with the bank (who I have had zero problems with for 15 years). After reading the complaints about GEMB I am now terrified that I am at HIGH RISK for identity theft. I have canceled the card and requested a paper final bill. I think I was phished and don't know what to do.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful?

5th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
I'm so sorry this happened to you. I hope you have by now gotten this resolved.

Contact Us