logo

Posted:    sksjrs

cell phone calls

Texas
Phone: 206-397-1523
I am on the registered do not call list for my cell. I received this call on my cell phone regarding home security systems per whocallsme.com website.
Comments United States Security Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Aug, 2010 by   mothernyx 0 Votes
They keep calling my cell phone from different spoofed numbers. Have filed more than one complaint with the FTC about them, as well as several complaints on the DoNotCall list site. Sure wish FTC would put two and two together and go after these bozos.
 12th of Jan, 2011 by   bomg123 0 Votes
They keep calling my phone. the first 10 times they wouldn't say anything and just hung up. They said something yesterday and I told them to no call me and remove my number from the call list... They called again today and I threatened them with a rassment lawsuit if they called again
 21st of Jan, 2011 by   ivyw 0 Votes
I got the same annoying calls from them too, even though I am at DoNotCall list too.
 27th of Jan, 2011 by   Nonyadambiz 0 Votes
Asked them where they got my # - and they said an "affiliate" group - which is a lie. They called from 603-214-3672. I filed an FTC complaint.
 1st of Feb, 2011 by   jhkeller199 0 Votes
I have rec'd three calls from these people in the past two days. I get a call from a Dan at Home Security Group. Yesterday when they called I let him talk for a few minutes and then told him he is calling a cell phone and that he can't call this number. This morning they called again and I let it go to voice mail. They did not leave a message. A few minutes ago I called the number and pressed 1 for them to stop calling me and then within 5 minutes of doing that they called back. He started talking again and then I said, "I told you to stop calling me yesterday." I started to tell him that I was going to report them but then as I was saying that he hung up. I will be reporting them as of right now. How annoying.
 1st of Feb, 2011 by   jhkeller199 0 Votes
Forgot to say that they call from 603.214.3661.

It is too bad that my cell phone carrier does not have a service to block numbers.
 16th of Feb, 2011 by   Another_Conservice_Victim 0 Votes
Same deal... Ben called offering a free security system to be used as an "advertising home" -- I asked why he is telemarketing to mobiles and he said that would be a great question for the product adviser who would be calling me back. I pressed him to explain why he is telemarketing to mobiles and he was like "I understand your concerns" then just hung up.
 16th of Feb, 2011 by   Another_Conservice_Victim 0 Votes
Neglected to mention that the number showing from Home Security Group was 423-468-5425.
 21st of Feb, 2011 by   HmmTryAgain 0 Votes
This is a very pushy sales call to start. I would like to know where this call generates from allowing me to gather more information on them. They did not give me a Alarm license number of which they are required to work under in my state. I know this because I am a project manager in the low voltage industry. When asked for a company license number the call ended abruptly. They also called my work phone. Idiots. Check with local and state law reguarding licensing for low voltage. There is a $200 + fine for working without a license and yes even the salesmen are required to have them in my area. Good luck to everyone in the future .Use you best knowledge in what information you give them . The converation I had with this salesmen is being forwarded to the State Licensing Director. I would suggest everyone do the same.
 21st of Feb, 2011 by   HmmTryAgain 0 Votes
Also failed to mention the Phone number 4234685431
 22nd of Feb, 2011 by   No Go 0 Votes
Number called from was (603) 214-3668. I filled an FCC complaint using all the other numbers provided here. My caller's name was Ben.
 1st of Mar, 2011 by   CurtisT 0 Votes
They just called my cell phone: March 1, 2011 at 12:28pm. This is the second or third call I have received by them. The number they called from was 701-625-5444. These calls are absolutely unsolicited by me. And I too believe I am on the Do Not Call list.
 2nd of Mar, 2011 by   bill1234324234234234 0 Votes
I have received 4 calls today and 1 yesterday from this same guy. The number was 406-931-3975 in Montana
 5th of Mar, 2011 by   Another_Conservice_Victim 0 Votes
I did some research and found that these calls are being conducted by Revocalize of Utah, and Revocalize publishes their number as 877-783-5192 on their website.

I pressed the option for "customer service" and the guy who answered said that indeed they are conducting calls as "Home Security Group" and that they only contact opted-in customers. (I of course said there was no way I was opted in, but that didn't seem to matter.)

Anyhow, if you want some info here you go:

* Revocalize webpage: http://revocalize.com/
* Toll-free number: (877) 783-5192
* CEO Jody Rookstool's LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jody-rookstool/25/224/7B9
* Rookstool's Spokeo Profile: http://www.spokeo.com/search?q=Jody%20Rookstool
* Associated individuals/companies involved in a patent infringement lawsuit include Savantius, Ben George, 1 To 1 Sales Group
* Patent infringement suit info: http://dockets.justia.com/docket/utah/utdce/2:2011cv00127/78887/
 7th of Mar, 2011 by   concern person 585 0 Votes
SO the same company keeps calling us too. we found out by googling that there is many lawsuits recently filed against the company. the website below is the number to contact there lawyer and representing them.

14th of Mar, 2011 by   Qcait 0 Votes
I have received the same calls multiple times and reported them to the National Do Not Call registry. Latest spam number is 7019209467. Is there anyone else I can report them to?
 10th of May, 2011 by   RBH11111 0 Votes
The way to get even with Home security group is to pretend you are interested in what they are selling. Then the alarm company they work for will contact you. then you sue that company for illegal telemarketing. I have collected a $5000 check from one of their customers for home security's illegal telemarketing to me.. If you do this and find out whom home securitys customer is, contact Robert Harmon at 1-203-542-5619 or at harmonlaw@optonline.net and I will help you collect at no charge to you.
 14th of Jul, 2011 by   JaniceMacaroon 0 Votes
The number they are using here is 918-442-0729, but they have called me from numerous other numbers. How they got my name to go along with my number is worrisome to me since it is a pre-paid, essentially "no name" phone. I think they are doing more than illegal telemarketing, since my number is on the National Do Not Call List. I think they have hacked into my wireless provider and stolen a bank of phone numbers. Anyone who receives calls and/or texts from these jokers should immediately contact the FTC and file a detailed report. Someone needs to stop these jokers as I think there is a good chance that these jokers are also attempting to steal identities.
 20th of Sep, 2011 by   horsehorn 0 Votes
I have received four calls from them in the last hour. I have not answered any of them and when it goes to the answering machine it's just a dial tone. I live in Oregon, the number that shows on caller is 971-220-1019.
 21st of Sep, 2011 by   JaniceMacaroon 0 Votes
I agree entirely with the last complaint posted. If there is anyway not to answer these calls, please do so, since I believe these calls are also a way to try and obtain information about you and your phone, especially if it is any kind of smart phone. Also, please make sure you report each and every call like this from these jokers to the FTC. I have researched this group online and they are being investigated by several attorneys general in several states for making harrassing calls to Hispanics or those with Hispanic sounding surnames telling them that they need to install alarm systems or they will be deported. These guys need to be stopped.

Watch for Online Cons on Cyber Monday