logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
www.anytime-movies.com
Their trial is fake and they took money for it
2. (4 mins ago)
hellfire gun dogs
bad breeder that posts fake complaints
3. (4 mins ago)

Home Instead Senior Care

Posted:    a true believer

Defense

Home Instead Senior Care
I am sorry so many of you are so angry. As many of you have stated, franchises, by definition have the right to operate independently, and I am grateful I work for a very loyal, dedicated owner, who places our CAREGivers above our office staff. I am a HR manager at one of the franchises.

Currently, CGs were given an annual increase, office staff have not had an increase in 3 years. Owner, doesn't always get a paycheck. We have a fun game we play at our meetings that demonstrates to the employees where that hourly charge to the client goes...things like taxes, workers compensation insurance, unemployment insurance, rent, franchise fees, health insurance. The employees are always surprised to see they are the biggest chunk of that hourly charge...the owner gets a whopping 10 cents on each hour billed!

As far as my employees...I'll hold them up to any HISC office. Our retention rate is very high and we're proud of that! I say no to a lot of people I interview. Not only do we background check, check reference, and bond each of our employees, we drug test them. A 9 panel plus oxycoton test. Can't have someone stealing Grandma's medicine can we? And we absorb that cost into our hourly fee, as well!

Recently, one of our employees went to another office to work, and unfortunately experienced some of the same frustrations mentioned here...lack of training, lack of follow-thru from the scheduler on promises of short-notice incentives. However, rather than be bitter and post hateful half truths on a board like this, she called us and asked for advice. We told her schedule an appt. with the owner and the scheduler to discuss the concerns. HISC is all about CG satisfaction. I'm happy to report she is now happily working for that office and all issues have been resolved.

My point? Nothing is solved by this form of communication - good or bad! Make an appointment and go talk to whomever you feel wronged you...chances are it was either not intentional or not real ... just your perception.
Comments United States Family & Relationships
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Jun, 2010 by   revoluntion! +1 Votes
I think you're totally wrong Home instead senior care is a fraud and I think its great that other people post on these blogs bc obviously they do reach ears, like yourself.And if we can stop families from being taken advantage of through this company then our work here is done.I think its a bunch of BS that Home Instead lies to these families about what type of care the CAREgiver will be performing just so they can get the $$$.I worked for this company for a few years and they're very unprofessional and offer hardly any training just work books that is basically common sense so I highly doubt your franchise is much different.
 10th of Jun, 2010 by   revoluntion! +2 Votes
and seriously what is up with "not intentional or not real" you're a real class act no wonder why you own this company, doesn't surprise me any really hahaha I think its so funny that you all say you're about helping families in need yeah right! Take your manipulating psychology else where.I hope you have a back up career plan bc I doubt you will be in business in the future.Best wishes!
 21st of Jun, 2010 by   Sincerely Yours -2 Votes
You have some serious issues 'revoluntion'...is that what you call yourself? My mother uses Home Instead Senior Care and we absolutely love the care we receive. The caregivers and administrative staff have always been compassionate and caring while mainting professionalism.

I am firm believer in Karma. You should be ashamed of yourself.
 1st of Jul, 2010 by   luckyNlove +2 Votes
Sincerely Yours,
I believe it is you that has the problems...the people on this forum are just trying to help other families out with keeping us informed of such businesses...and revolution don't let people like sincerely yours keep you from shedding the light and love that you have for people.Revolution karma is on your side and I truly believe that.
 14th of Sep, 2010 by   Thumbs Down +2 Votes
I agree with the complaints 100%. I have watched employees be berated, never recieving so much as a minimal increase in pay while making the very minimum the state allows while the owners drive fancy cars and live good lives.I have watched horrific treatment of wonderful human beings that are care givers in the Will County Il area.I lived it, I seen it and I'm glad they had the good sense to know I was too good to be a part of it.What an awful place.In this case you have to be Irish Catholic, love one specific sports team and if your not then you have to sit and listen and dare not add your two cents anyhow or else your job.the rules apply to everyone else but not to them.What sickens me is that families don't know their care givers are being abused and they pay into the services. I've seen some wonderful care givers be belittled just for asking for a raise. If they need to be talked to they are talked to like second class citizens who have not a brain in their heads. They are adressed like meek minded children and it is vulgar.I too firmly believe in karma and if not in this life the after life God will maybe speak to them the way they speak to others.I've had to sit in on care givers getting terminated and they gang up on them and yell at them. It's bad enough they made a silly mistake and are getting fired for it but to yell at them in all directions?Why?One time one of the owners sat outside the door of an employee being termed and was hunched over in silent laughter making RUDE and outrageous actions while I had to term someone.Another time they offered a stellar 80 yr old employee jobs far away and that didn't exist to make her quit and to avoid paying her unemployment after her client passed away after several years of her being a live in for that client.I left for home that night tears a falling for that woman.80 yrs old and a dedicated emplyee who by all appearances was now living out of her car. She simply wanted work or unemployment.She was forced into quitting.I could go on forever but I can't.
 16th of Sep, 2010 by   ty1 0 Votes
I worked for home instead senior care. It was the worst working experience in my life. our checks were not accurate. they did not pay as what we suppose to be paid. I never thought there will be a company will operated like this. they are very stupid. can some body tell this
owners they have a boss. let see the federal government. what is employee rights? stealing money from the employees does not account violations some kind of right for example civil right, human rights, fair treatment of employees. it is sad some will run a company like in
this age. to answer your question i did not want to go to the owner of the company to ask him about my checks. It is not my job tell them how to run a company . if you do not know how to
run a company go back to businesss school learn. i quit from working there because i found the owner to be to stupid. I dont work for stupid, uneducated people. Any owner who read this please learn something in business the best asset is the employees. YOU CAN NOT RUN A BUSINESS WITH OUT THE EMPLOYEES. I am standing up for all the care givers who feel like they have been used. This incident gave me the idea to start my own company. Former pissed off home instead employee now with my own company. my employees are my best asset. I need them they do not need me.
 11th of Feb, 2011 by   des moines, ia +1 Votes
I believe this comment is very uneducated and ignorant cussing and accusing people of being stupid. Have you read your complaint? This is very unprofessional and shouldn't be an accurate reflection of this company. I'm glad that I don't work for an unprofessional boss such as yourself.
 3rd of Sep, 2011 by   GladIDon'tWorkThereAnymore +1 Votes
You didn't give your location, so I guess you don't want anyone to expose your company truths. Each may be independently owned, but they ALL require you to sign paperwork stating you are PART-TIME which is a load of crap. MANY of the employees are MORE than full time except the college students who come in for sleep-overs (12 hour nights). 12 hour shifts? FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT is what it is called and HOME INSTEAD is requiring potential employees to LIE about their employment. In the orientation, the videos allude to the main company being a CHRISTIAN company. How is it they can sleep at night? WHY DON'T THEY TELL THIER EMPLOYEES WHEN THEY HAVE CANNED THEM? Why do they LIE to the unemployment office when they drop them as an employee? They are a really BAD BAD company to work for. I would recommend NO ONE work for them if they want employment. They will schedule you 24 hours a day if you don't say no. BUT, if you DO say no, they get nasty.
 21st of Oct, 2011 by   Brett Rodgers +1 Votes
I'm all about finding good senior care franchise. I really want to learn how to start a home care business so I can help out other people and give them reasonable care like they deserve. Hopefully one day Ill own a senior care business and help you guys out.
 22nd of Oct, 2011 by   ty1 0 Votes
Brett,
I wish you well in your new business. Reading about the complaints of the care givers will give you ideas what you will be going through. if you have any questions i will be happy to help.
Good luck
 19th of Feb, 2012 by   litanicole 0 Votes
ya tell us winch one you work for that is so great like i said the worst place i have ever worked in my life i will warn everyone so they dont sign their loved one up with this horrid company i was a nurse in another state and unfortunatly moved to a state that i could not transfer my nursing license to i had to work as a caregiver getting half of what i used to make and was treated like i had not a day of experience in anything serioulsy treated as a second class citizen and yes every time i was called to the office it was on my time no pay and was ganged up by more then one office staff member
 10th of Aug, 2013 by   cheataging 0 Votes
My wife left a law practice after 40+ years. She had always wanted to be a nurse. She works for one company where she takes care of 3 independent special needs clients. But even there the BS and unprofessional people in management positions is appalling. They have replaced testing equipment because it could show damaging results, etc. Hence, I was trying to locate another position for her BUT IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION that when I do a background check on all of these health care agencies they all appear to be run by inept management. What a pity! Even when someone tries to do what is right for their client upper-management screws it up. Some of these individuals don't even know the procedures they are in charge of. This is why I always do a background check on these agencies. Unfortunately, they all appear to come from the same mold. Their attempts to state that these inconsistencies only exist at a few locations is absurd. Government enforcement agencies are also to blame. "Oh by the way" we will be conducting your 2-year review in a week. What ever happened to surprise inspections? This appears to be the standard rather than the rule.
 10th of Aug, 2013 by   cheataging 0 Votes
Nice try at trying to keep your job, but you too are expendable. Have fun in the unemployment line!
 12th of Feb, 2014 by   CarryDiaries 0 Votes
I work for homeinstead in Virginia and it is a awful company! They send you on intros by yourself! The manger D Franks is rude ! They are all about money!! They charge the clients for personal care, then send over a home helper. Then when the gone helper gets there to complain because it should be a pca client. They tell you to deal with it, which is wrong & unsafe for the client & care giver! They sent a person to do a overnight & she almost got killed by a client, he chased her on his lawn mower in bye middle of the night, she got to a phone & called homeinstead they said they will be on their way, and never came! They are crap!!

5 Tips for Your 2009 Tax Return