logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Dressrepublic.com
Dressrepublic Dressrepublic.com Fraud Fake Website Nofel Khan, Muhammad, Khawer Iqnal, Asfand Yar and Umair Aziz Fraudulent Fraudsters
2. (42 mins ago)
Sick puppy..Lied and denied

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Home Depot, Knoxville, Tennessee Complaints & Reviews - Illegal background checks

Home Depot Contacts & Informations

Home Depot

Posted: 2012-06-26 by    Bill JWilliamson

Illegal background checks

estes specialized
Knoxville, Tennessee
I started working for estes specialized in June 2010 we did the flatbed deliveries for home depot . home depot started doing background checks on me in aug. 2010. they ran a total of 3 background checks. from Aug 2010 to Oct. 2011. All without my knowledge or permission to do so. When I got hired by estes they ran there necessary background and went back 10 years. they hired me and I worked for them for a year and a half. in Oct. 2011 home depot runs a third background check revealing a conviction from when I was 19 years old. They ran to estes and informed them and I was terminated after being hurt on the job. Home depot and estes participated in illegal actions and violated my FCRA rights. They never had permission and I am sure that because of there business practices there are alot more victims. I am looking to get a class action suit against them. Have you been screwed by either company???
Comments United States Contractors
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Jun, 2012 by   Bill JWilliamson +1 Votes
Thank you so much for your comments, there is a ton of useful information there. I couldn't agree with you more on convictions haunting someone seemingly forever. I would like to say that I let a (friend) borrow my car while I was hanging out with my girlfriend he was 17 and i was 19. So he took my car broke into his girlfriends dad's and stole a gun and held up a fireworks stand. Here is where I got screwed because it was my car and he was a minor I was charged as an accessory even though I wasn't there or have anything to do with it other than owning the car. I got 5 years probation and he got a year in juvenile. Thank you legal system. I also find it interesting that I was making 40, 000.00 dollars a year and they were still given information about a 23 year old conviction. estes knew of the conviction in Oct. 2011 but did nothing until after I got hurt and filed a workers comp claim in dec. 2011. Thanks again for the information
 26th of Jun, 2012 by   Bill JWilliamson -1 Votes
I also was charged with child molestation, and the children who accused me were lying.
 26th of Jun, 2012 by   father of triplets +2 Votes
Bill JWilliamson number 1
Good luck finding a new job. Hopefully the links that TruthIsNowTold will be helpful.

Bill JWilliamson number 2
Stay away from my children.
 26th of Jun, 2012 by   Bill JWilliamson -1 Votes
Wow!!! there are people on here who will take the time to make an account with the same name and make ridiculous and false post about me. Someones got to much time on the hands, Father of triplets and Tasha the child molestation statement was made by someone with way to much time on there hands . If you click on my original post you will see my address information. when you click on the poster about child molestation you see different information. I have 5 kids and was glad to see that a Texas man was not charged for beating a child molester to death after he walked in and caught him raping his 4 year old daughter. I hope this is crystal clear.
 20th of Aug, 2012 by   batvette 0 Votes
I don't think you have a lot of traction to this and here's why: If you were fired for failing to disclose a criminal conviction on your employment application to the contractor that you were asked to disclose in the application it really does not matter how they found out about it later, the fact is you lied on the application in their view so the termination of employment was reasonable and lawful. Home Depot may have in fact illegally done a background check but you will have no basis for damages against them for doing so since again, the termination was lawful and reasonable.
Hope you've found better employment and I agree someone has way too much time on their hands. I hope they think it's funny they are merely causing the issue of child molestation to not be taken seriously, in fact with that in mind it's not out of the imagination that they are in fact the one who molests children. Trolls suck, the only thing to do is ignore them.
I voted neutral on the complaint because I think Home Depot's actions were wrong but not enough to validate the complaint. Hope that makes sense.

5 Tips to Pick the Right Hospital