logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
CHEVROLET MOTORS WORLDWIDE LTD.
CHEVROLET Programs & Events Department
2. (1 mins ago)
DRAMBUIEBERRY Holly Smith
Bad Breeder
3. (7 mins ago)
Walmart Extended Warranty Center
Failure to fulfill obligation of agreement
4. (14 mins ago)

Holiday Inn Priority Club

Posted:    DanD77

Scam

Holiday Inn Priority Club
What a scam Holiday Inn Priority Club is. You must book with a qualifying rate (which was explained to me as no more than 30% discount off of RACK RATES), so if you book online and they offer a rate more than 30% off there Highest Rate you do not get points for your stay. Priority Club was rated #1 ? I don't understand how. Im not sure if any of the other hotel chains work like this but I think it is a scam. Why would you pay more, just to get points? When you fly, you get points no matter what fare you book. Never will I choose Holiday Inn again for a stay.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Dec, 2009 by   darkeegan 0 Votes
the truth is you get points for any reservation that you make through holiday inn itself unless it has an employee discount, a friends and family discount, travel agent discount, or you are using points. if you book from a third party, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE POINTS. since the advance purchase is usually the same rate you find on annoying sites like hotels.com or their ilk, it is a safe bet tyo always go with direct reservations.
 10th of Dec, 2010 by   So Much For Rewards Customer Holiday Inn 0 Votes
HOLIDAY INN So what a Scam...Back in August/September i check in to holiday inn and they share with me that as a rewards member I can earn free nights with every 2 stays...So today I call Rewards club and ask how to redeem...Rude she tells me that Oh sir you had to enroll online in addition to your rewards club membership...By the way you should hae read the Fine Print...Sorry...This Is A Bogus way of Holiday Inn ensuring that they make it difficult for you to cash in on a "Free Program"
So Much for Rewards Customer...Your Reward READ THE FINE PRINT sir.
 6th of Jan, 2011 by   signalf 0 Votes
The fine print on this same Free Nights Promotion from August/September says that once your book the free nights, you cannot cancel them. I lost all 5 free nights I earned because I booked them and then my event got cancelled. Even thought the reservation was still three weeks away. I feeel robbed, and will never stay at one of their properties again.
 30th of Jan, 2011 by   DaveCadea 0 Votes
I earned Platinum status in Priority Club in 2009 and thought the promos were a worthwhile incentive. I earned points and a few free nights since joining. This latest promo "Sweet Dilemma" was such a rip off. Aside from foregoing any points during this period the promo was structured so the awards were based "per stay" not "per night". I stayed night nights during the promo period and only earned one free night. I would have been better off not participating. My complaints have fallen upon deaf ears at HIE. I was a loyal customer and they screwed me.
 30th of Jan, 2011 by   DaveCadea 0 Votes
nine nights
 30th of Jan, 2011 by   Azfireman 0 Votes
A very bad phone conversation just occurred with me and a foreign representative trying to pass themself off as an American named Ann.
Well, "Ann" believed that Boston was in Texas, that was my first hint that my complaint was not going to go far. As for being transferred to a representative in the USA, that wasn't going to happen. My complaint stemmed from the bait and switch rewards program that Holiday Inn has. My eleven days spent at the hotel chain were not going to count because it was booked through a third party process.This was not at all revealed on any of the sign up page or where any normal individual would see this. Not till you went to terms and agreements in fine print and buried in three pages of text do you find this. Normal booking rates were twice the amount that a third party would give, but I did select Holiday Inn as my preferred choice, thinking that I was part of a rewards program. Please don't sign up for this program unless you would like to pay top rate price to earn a free night down the road. I am disappointed that this occurred, I would have liked Holiday Inn to be my first choice when booking.
 19th of Apr, 2011 by   GabrielW 0 Votes
Chase and Priority Club reward points program is a scam. The hotels have gone from requiring 10, 000 points for a free stay...to 25, 000! My Points are basically worthless now. They enticed me to transfer balances to their Priority Club Visa and open Chase bank accounts for points. Within 6 MONTHS those same points are not worth half of what they were. I feel like suing for false advertising!
 16th of May, 2011 by   Randy Roughton -2 Votes
I have cancelled my membership because I was over-billed $1800 by one of their clients, Holiday Inn Express in Laurel, MD, and I gave Priority Club two chances to try to resolve it. They chose to allow me to cancel, rather than try to resolve the issue, despite the fact that this hotel has been flooded with bad reviews. All you have to do is Google them to see I wasn't the only one. Goodbye, Priority Club! From now on, I will only stay at properties represented by your competition!
 9th of Mar, 2012 by   mclark1391 0 Votes
Who can I contact to get my point back for a stay i cancelled. I booked a stay at the blowing rock, nc holida inn express. I was stayng three nights, one was pre-paid on non refundable and the second and third nights were reward stays. I understood that the pre-paid was non refundable. I was not able to stay so I called and called, I unfortuantely did not wirte down whom I spoke with. I was advised that the one night was non refundable, that was fine. In checking my priority club reward points I noticed I did not recieve credit back. I inquired online(what a joke)two times, and no repsonse. When I had the time to call I spoek with one of theri customer service reps. As usual heavy accent, hard to understand which has become the norm for customer service. She was very polite though. she checked and advised me that the hotel said I stayed and was not due the points back. I was told I had to call the hotel. So I did, spoke with the general manager and was told that since I did not cancel though priority club, I will not get them that I was lsited as a no show. WHAT! They advised me that I would lose hte pre-paid night, I was ok with that. I was never told that I had to further cancel through priortiy club to get my points back. I don't think I am being unreasonable, all I want are my points back to be able to use them. Is there another number or address I can write to?
 9th of Mar, 2012 by   MBarnett 0 Votes
**SCAM** Beware of the Holiday Inn Club Vacation in Las Vegas. I made a reservation with the Beverly Garland Holiday Inn in Hollywood and I was asked if I wanted to find out about a special offer being made by Holiday Inn for priority club members. I listened to the sales person and I agreed to going on a trip to Las Vegas to listen to their 2 hour presentation of buying a timeshare. I was charged 199.00 on my credit card and was told I would get 200.00 cash when I checked in and listened to the sales program. Unfortunately, my husband lost his job about a week and 1/2 after that call so after the news settled in about the loss of the job I called the Holiday Inn Club Vacation and told them about the loss of my husbands job. They could have cared less even though the card I received with the information on it didn't start until April 1, 2012 and I called on March 9, 2012 to let them know I had to cancel all they were concerned about was giving me an extension of 6 months so my husband could get a job and we could still come and listen to the sales pitch. Just like the rest of the country California is in hard times and Holiday Inn did nothing but steal my money because they did nothing for it. I received a card in the mail, no reservation was made, no room reserved, all I did was pay 199.00 to listen to salesman. What a scam. I have always stayed with Holiday Inn's but no longer they weren't willing to help me out and when I am on my feet again I won't spend my money on them. Holiday Inn Priority club card destroyed.
 23rd of Aug, 2012 by   GAC11 0 Votes
I recently booked a reservation at the Holiday Inn Springfield Va. and had to cancel. The hotel told me that I would have to pay for the stay so I should stay anyways. I was confused on how they can charge me for services they did not provide. After talking to management they said they would charge me for two nights and refund the rest. I called customer service through priority club and they told me that I was lucky to get anything back. I feel like priority club operates like a third party company... This is crazy how they can do what they want with your money it should be against the law.
 29th of Aug, 2012 by   kick_2012 0 Votes
I tried to book a flight recently through Flights Anywhere service in Priority Club and was a nightmare! First, at the very end of the process (when I confirmed the payment info) I received a message saying that the itinerary chosen was unavailable and needed to be restarted. That was the first fishy sign (happened 6 times in different flights combinations). I do understand that sometimes internet got a bit stuck and the reservation system is not always on time, but happened several times as before mentioned, and for instance if it's not available, in most airlines websites, you cannot complete the whole process (as I said, I got the message while the payment was processing). The second problem happened when I thought that finally had my flight, after completing the process, I got a page informing that the booking was not completed, but surprisingly the "receipt" was billed almost $300 over than the original price (including all fees and taxes) showed during all steps (As I didn't have enough points for all flights I knew that had to pay a part of it).
When I got tired of trying to make a reservation in different computers (and after cleaning history and cache of the browser), I contacted Priority Club CS which they could not help me at all saying all different excuses that they could not assist me and the process is only available online (So why they put a customer service toll number on flights anywhere tab???). Finally after 30 minutes of going back and forth on the telephone another representative said that flights were a lottery (!!!) and sometimes I could not have the flight wanted. For the second problem she said that the "system" was using the minimum points allowed, and as I replied that I wanted to use all points she didn't have an answer for that (As not mention the rudeness of them) . Bottom line, they said that they can't compensate anything and I still don't have any flight booked (right now they doubled the points needed). BEWARE!!!
 18th of Jan, 2013 by   A disgruntled Canadian 0 Votes
I spent a great deal of time looking at a trip to Paris. My husband said we should use the Holiday Inns as he has Priority club points and we could transfer Air Miles to Priority Club and then use Priority Club to book our hotel. After much diligent research I selected one; my husband determined it would cost us 25, 000 points a night; called Air Miles; had the points transferred and that night verified that the points were there and that the hotel was indeed 25, 000 Priority Club Points. As it was late and he was waiting for flight information, we decided to book the next day. 12 hours later and a good night's sleep we logged in to book the hotel. He was now a Platinum member and whereas the hotel had not upped in cash price, all Holiday Inns now registered that the same cost would be 35, 000 Priority Club Points. In other words they upped the price for Platinum Members by over 40%.

We were not booking it so we would run into a January 1st or July 1st universal increase (it was done the middle of January.) All that changed was my husband's status. What a way to treat you Platinum customers!!! When we tried to contact them (first by texting, then were given a phone number and then transferred again) all we were told by these "customer support people" is what I see now is 35, 000 points instead of "yesterday's billing was - and today's billing is." Nobody checked this. All they did is pass us from unhelpful person to unhelpful person.

Its competitors will be given our business upon spending every Priority Club Dollar in our collection.

A disgruntled Canadian.