logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
www.theunlockteam.com
The company ignores me and doesn’t provide unlocking code
2. (0 mins ago)
theunlockteam.com
Agreed to unlock the phone, but after that refused and no refund
3. (9 mins ago)

Hilton Grand Vacations Club
6355 Metro West Blvd. suite 180
Orlando, Florida
hgvclub.com
The sales representative who sold us the packet was really good at convincing us to buy into the time share to the point that we signed the contract under duress.

Ever since we have had the time share(4 yrs), we have only been able to use it once because there is no availibility, it is always booked. The one time we used the time share, there was a fee of $70 dollars. Basically, we are better off paying for a hotel on our own. As a matter of fact, when we called to make a reservation for a trip, the representative said we are better off paying out of pocket then using our "points".

On another ocassion, the representative charged me a $1 dollar to complete an extensive search of our desired destination and will refund the money if there is no space availiable. I never heard back from the representative. The loss of my dollar is not a big deal... it is the principle. It is bad enough the time share packet is costly, as a member one is still being nickled and dimed throughout. In addition, there are annual costs too.

To all consumers, learn from my mistake. Do not buy into Hilton Grand Vacations Club. It is a costly mistake. One is better off using vacation packages(airline tickets/hotel combo).
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Hilton Grand Vacations Club complaints
Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Stay away

Comments

29th of Mar, 2009 by   Ashantifamu +1 Votes
I agree, Please don't purchase a Hilton Grand Vacation Timeshare. My husband and i have spent soo much money on it, it's sad. I need every dime right about now. I also had to a pay a reservation fee of $70 that was not told to me when i purchased. I am considering contacting an attorney because alot of things were told to me before purchase. PLease listen. don't waste your money.
 6th of Apr, 2009 by   Screwed +1 Votes
I couldn't agree more this is the biggest POS time share and boy do they lie their ass off while they have you. The reason I'm writting this right now is I was on-line trying to figure a way out of this legally. nothing yet.
 25th of Jun, 2009 by   georgiana_wilkins +1 Votes
My parents have this. We often get bad luck with booked rooms but luckily Vegas has those RCI type Condos like the HGVC's which we use as a last resort. I don't know how much my parents are paying for it but I think the fees are insane (maintenance fees). And since my dad has quit working and decides to be a stupid couch potato, we are basically screwed out of money. I kind of wish he'd go back to work to support this, but oh well. We're stuck with it.
 11th of Jul, 2009 by   Margaret Veerhusen +1 Votes
We've had our timeshare for about eight years and have used it every year with no problem. we've also traded for cruises. As long as you book early enough for your destination there hasn't been a problem. I do think the maintenance fee are high and alsoshould I was told that if you charge it thats one thing that makes it go up becouse of the bank fee, so everyone needs to know that so you don't charge if you don't need to.Basicly happy, Peggy V.
 19th of Jul, 2010 by   dismayed and mad +2 Votes
The big story is the mantenance fees. They keep going up and fast! Then they tried to sell us an "upgrade" in Los Vagus to bring down the Mantenance fees that are higher in Florida.(Where our property is.) I mean we have owned for 2 years and the fees have gone up hundreds. The trading off for a cruise was nice but we found out its cheaper to buy a cruise then trade with your points.I wonder are they putting on us, the owners the burden of those that have defaulted on thier property? One of the owners told us there was so many defaults that we were the ones left to pay? I know my mantenance fees are thru the roof from where they were when we bought. And we waited 5 years to buy, so we could look into all of this. We didnt hear anything about this problem, untill now.I cant and wont keep buying more property to run to a better mantenance fee state. That is great for Hilton .But for me its constantly more money. Hey People dont dump on us the owners because people are defaulting.We are the ones keeping you afloat. We are your customers, dont make it to where we cant afford your property and default. Mantenance fees are fine but not meant to be a perpetual house payment.
 20th of Dec, 2010 by   Hilton's Sad Adventures 0 Votes
The wisest thing you can do is to hang up the phone as soon as the offer sounds even remotely tempting. If you engage in the "sell", you'll likely get sucked in: they methodically respond to every objection you can raise. They are extremely well trained. At first you will think that this is an opportunity to save a few hundred bucks for 90 minutes of your time, but think again. Even if you do not purchase the timeshare -- as we did not -- the relatively small amount of money you have "saved" has cost you more far more than 90 minutes of your time. Not only does the 90 minutes end up taking several hours of a day (not to mention the anxiety that precedes and follows the hard sales pitch), but you will spend hours on the phone with "concierges" trying to get the dates for your visit right. Our dates were changed several times on us. We even foolishly planned our Christmas holiday to Disneyworld around the Hilton offer -- but 15 days prior to our trip, they bumped us. We had to quickly arrange for much more expensive accommodations at the last minute because we had already purchased our plane tickets. So instead of $199, we were now spending $600 that we never intended to spend before we ever stepped foot onto a Hilton Grand Vacation Property. The months of anxiety and anger over being defrauded by what we thought was a reputable company has made the "Hilton" brand a four-letter word in our home. I feel terribly for those who have actually purchased the timeshares. Buyer Beware!!! Hilton Grand "Adventures" feels more like gettig lost in the "deep dark wood."
 31st of Jan, 2011 by   Mrs. Karen L. +1 Votes
Its not worth the time.!!!
Recvd a call early morning from a lady say we could 100$ and also get free breakfast. This was at the hilton grand vacation club orlando florida, We were promised free breakfast and $100 gift after attending a 90 min presentation of new a hotel called par solei hilton. We went the breakfast was orange juice and muffin. We were greeted and the salesman gave us 10 mins to eat out grand breakfast, then rush us to hear what hilton timeshare have to offer. He told us there will be no negotating of prices and everyone there are being offer and treated the same. After hearing how wonderful this timeshare was for about an hour, we still didnt know how much it will cost, my husband tried to ask the salesman but he refused to tell us untill after our tour. After the tour he still was dancing around the bush, eventually he got to the point. Pretty much for 7000 pts you pay 3500$ down paymnt plus 595$ so we need 4095$, we could mke monthly paymnts of about 500$ monthly, eventually would end up paying 35, 000$. (BY THE WAY he mention this price was only good till that day only) we decline, so he came back with another offer he will reduce the price by 1000$ so it would have been 34, 000$ and add 10, 000 pts to our 7000 pts if we sign up today, we decline, so later he sd we should get a cheaper package which was for 5000 pts at 300$ per month this pckge cost about 20, 000$. and still have 1000$ down and our extra pts. we still decline, we told him we wanted to think about it. thats when he became very rude, saying we will miss out on this deal and over time we will spend of 180, 000 on hotels, ( really trying to make us feel bad) and said since we slept at the hilton they got our money anyway, this is something you will regret, we ask him gor his info, because we visit orlando often we may consider pruchasing it in the future, he said since we dont want to deal with them hilton has nothing to do with us. then he continue on how several other people have sign up today.and they will be happy and enjoying there resort around the world. then later he sent corporate ( which was his manager) fover to do a review on how he did. he ask us a few question and sure enough he treid to sales us the same thing again but we would need to pay 300$ today, and pay the rest of the down paymnt with in a few months, he was also very rude when we declined. it was torture. The salesman did not mention anything about maint. fees, they refused to give us infomation to take home and think about. I thought that was kind of strange, so here i am looking up what other people have expreince. I am so glad we did not sign up. thank god. i never want to go thru this again. my advice dont go, but if you go please do your research and ask alot of question, and ask about the pro and cons, these people are saleman for a reason they are good at what they do, and they will only tell you the good things not the bad so just ask. good luck
 14th of Feb, 2011 by   SPan 0 Votes
Me and my husband went through the same thing. We were very impressed with the presentation and the property that they showed us. The sales lady explained us everything and also said that later if we want to sale the timeshare it is very easy and will not have any problem. When we actually wanted to sale it the realtor told us that the worth of this property is not even 1/3rd of what we paid 6months ago. The sales lady never told us anything about >$1000/yr maintenance cost. When asked they provided us the copy of the document signed by us about the maintenance fee. We feel that the document is fraudulent. Hilton timeshare is a total scam.
 2nd of Apr, 2011 by   Jadeoracle 0 Votes
This company has robo called me every night for the last 2 weeks! I try calling to get taken off the list but no one ever answers. No contact email on website. No response from twitter. Such a SCAM. Can't trust any company that won't answer their own phones and won't provide an email or contact form.
 25th of Apr, 2011 by   fru$trated buyer +1 Votes
I wish I read this comment string before I went to Florida to sit thru this sales pitch. They were very convincing. My wife and I were scammed as well. Trying to get out of this nightmare. I'm reaching out to my State Attorney's Office and BBB. Not sure it will do much good...Has anyone had any success in getting out of their contract? thanks!!!
 25th of Apr, 2011 by   SPan +1 Votes
I lodged a complaint to the Attorney general's office in FL long time ago. Nothing happened. We tried o sell it but you don't even get 1/3 of the price you get if you sell it.
 25th of Apr, 2011 by   SPan +1 Votes
may be facebook twitter might help to spread the word about the Hilton Scam.
 10th of May, 2011 by   MSLOVELY -1 Votes
HILTON GRAND VACATION IS GREAT I HAVE HAD A TIMESHARE WITH THEM FOR THREE YEARS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS GREAT THE SALES TEAM WAS GREAT AND EVERYBODY IS SO HELPFUL GUYS ITS A GREAT DEAL ITS JUST THAT WHEN THEY ARE GOING OVER EVERY THING YOU JUST HAVE TO LISTEN
 9th of Jun, 2011 by   william serpa -1 Votes
We have been members since 1996 Have never had a problem anfd have bought more am now elite members because of the deeded property can leave it to my chilodren whom have at this point enjoyed it with us every year, the problem with others ois you have to listen di8d you really think that the could keep the properties up as well as they do without fees .think about it When was the last time you visited a RCI property You will quickly see the differance. We love Hilton!!.
 25th of Jun, 2011 by   MDN +1 Votes
All the negative stuff that has been said in this is 100% TRUE. My wife and I bought in 2007 and have only been able to use once. I have tried to book on 10-12 different occasions over the last couple of years. Almost $1000.00 per year in maintenance and fees. The people above that have positive things to say have to be sales people for Hilton because everybody I have ever heard from has had nothing but problems... I wish there is a way to spread the word. I guess facebook ro twitter would be good but I am truly embarrassed that I was taken hook, line and sinker as I was. What I may do is go to Vegas (the only place you can use your points) and stay there and raise holy hell when people come in to sit through the sales pitch...
 2nd of Jul, 2011 by   dmrn27 0 Votes
If you are reading these posts BELIEVE THE NEGATIVE. HGVC is a JOKE. We purchased 3 years ago and as many have said the availability is awful. We have never been able to secure resort lodging with HGVC resorts have always had to exchange for less desirable dates and rci properties-and had to pay more money to do so! We have even had to convert points to hilton honors and pay double to get what we wanted and then had to stay in a small hotel room for double the cost!The whole experience has been a nightmare! The maintenance fees alone will buy you your yearly vacation-then add the booking fees, the transfer points fees, the internet fees and so on and so on. What a scam. We decided to try and sell to get out of the 1800 yr fees and we are finding out there is NO VALUE to the timeshare, we are being told may get about 6, 000 for 38, 000 so called investment. It's disgusting and embarassing. I would have never believed this - you think when buying with a well known company who seems to be respected you are safe -BUYER BEWARE not the case.
 17th of Jul, 2011 by   mark 1952 0 Votes
We got a phone call offering us a weekend in a Hilton in NY for a fairly reasonable price.(We have a son in NJ so was an opportunity to see him).All we had to do was to listen to a 2 hour presentation.Sounded like a reasonable proposition.We had no intention of buying a timeshare.(It does not fit our way of traveling).The salesperson was very good(even though he did sound like a car salesperson..having to check with his manager) and persuaded my wife to buy a timeshare.She travels a lot and thought that we could come out ahead.So, we signed all the papers and they gave us a gift certificate, a rebate form and a leather case for all the paperwork(and there was a lot of paperwork..more than a mortgage).We decided the next day that, really, it wasnt such a good idea for us.So, we went up to their office and told them.Instead of being gracious about it, both the Salesperson and his manager were rude about it .Two things I could not believe when we cancelled.Having filled out a billion forms to sign up, he wrote the cancellation on a legal pad(REALLY????) and then asked for the little leather case back. We changed our minds not because we can't afford it or because we think it is a fairly good idea after we retire(in a few years) but their pettiness means that we wont be interested in what they have to offer.
 22nd of Jul, 2011 by   sssl69 0 Votes
We went to Orlando in September and attended a presentation at the new Parc Soleil. The salesman did a really good job convincing us to buy the timeshare and said that it would make sense for our purchase to be effective in January the coming year. We signed the documents without reading it word by word (big mistake). Much later after our vacation, we read the contract and found that we had to pay the annual fees, maintenances, etc for that year (no pro-rated, etc). We could not do anything because of the time lapse to rescind or cancel the contract. Due to the unplanned additional monies we had to pay out, we paid a small sum of $100 each month towards that year's fees but were up-to-date with the monthly and current year fees. After several months, we got a call from a "DEBT COLLECTOR". I guess HGVC is not pleased that we did not pay the full amount. Their deceptive practices have added so much financial stress and now they want to destroy whatever credit that's left. WARN YOUR FRIENDS & FAMILY NOT TO BUY INTO HGVC TIME SHARE. We made the mistake of not reading the contract properly. That's what happens when you're on vacation. You tend to be more lax and they know this. Those people who requested to bring home copies of the contract before signing were turned down rudely and this is why. If you are buying your timeshare even towards the end of the year, say, December 15, you will still be liable to pay for the entire year's fees. You will have to pay to "rescue" your points, to "transfer" your points, to "convert" your points, to "make a reservation"... they will squeeze as much out of you to fill their shareholders pockets with your hard earned money. We have no choice now but to live with the consequences of our decision to buy into HGVC timeshare.
 26th of Jul, 2011 by   Getting-My-Share 0 Votes
I took part in the timeshare presentation just to receive the hefty discounts on several activities I wanted to do. Now, I didn't buy into the sales pitch and I don't recommend purchasing a timeshare but it's worth going through the presentation IF you know how to counteract their tactics. I'm going to explain this simple method and provide the typical responses.

First of all, they typically will not ask you unless you are married and BOTH agree to attend. Next, be sure that the discounts you are seeking are worth your time. The presentations last about 2 hours. For example, the savings we obtained on various activities was around $3oo. That breaks down to $75 an hour for the two of us to attend. To us, it was worth it.

Now, you have to have a game plan and stick to it. This is a team effort and you have to work together. So, here's the process we used. We made it clear to the sales person that we will NOT be making any snap decisions that day, regardless of the offer. Now, they will come back and say that there will be incentives on that day only and if you wait to decide later, you will not be able to get them. So what. You're not buying anyway. Next, explain that you have a finacial planner and that any major changes in your finances are ALWAYS discussed with them first. They will probably respond with "What if they tell you no? Do you always listen to them?". Respond with "Will they tell me no? If they do, it must not be beneficial to my financial well being." and DON'T apologize. Also, tell them that you will not apologize for taking the advice of your financial advisor because that's what they are paid to do. Now, they may come back with something like, "Well, they just want you to buy their products.", to which you reply with something like, "And how is that different from what you?".

Stick to that basic concept and they will escort you out in short order. They can't afford to keep you there because they have a quota to meet and they'll quickly realize that you are not buying.

It's a game. Play it. Don't play it. I will tell you that we have saved serveral thousand dollars for just a few hours of our time. The key is that it's a team effort. TEAMWORK. These people are NOT your buddies. They want your money. Period.

Good luck!
 13th of Aug, 2011 by   ATL Teacher 0 Votes
I agree with "Getting My Share". I just got back from Parc Soleil a few days ago. I was going to Orlando for 3 nights anyhow and was able to secure a studio condo room at Parc Soleil for $168 total. Nice room for sure although I feel the property is terribly designed. The presentation was funny. There were so many numbers on written down in front of me and so many awesome properties shown to me on the flat screen to entice me, however, I had already gotten my benefit...a 3 night stay in Orlando for $168. The coffee was good. I enjoyed being able to refill my soda a few times. I even had a Dannon yogurt.
No offense to any of you that signed up, but...seriously? Why are they so willing to give you stuff up front to recruit you into the presentation? They are making a lot of money off of the people that sign up. You are financing their property construction.

Don't get manipulated.

Do get a discounted place to stay, some good coffee, a $100 Hilton voucher and a blueberry muffin.

How to Buy a Digital Camera