logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Bankers Life and Casualty
It’s true they are crooks
2. (3 mins ago)
saleholy.com
Scam
3. (13 mins ago)
Nowlucky.com
Cannot cancel trial subscription - can't log on to their web site to do that
4. (17 mins ago)

HHGregg
1900 Valley View Blvd
Roanoke, Virginia
Phone: (540) 204-9501 ext 0
I am a now former employee of this company and would like to share with other potential employees my experience within the company. I quit around 5 hours ago after a manager (Richard Burdugo is his name) cussed at and threatened my job directly in the middle of fixing a customer's order. The customer, who I had spent 2 hours working with and selecting the correct product, immediately asked for a return. Right after he asked me directly "why do you put up with this" and left.
This wasn't just the last straw, this was one of many.
I had typed a note and handed it to management 2 days ago asking if I could be trained to do PC Optimization. I told them it didn't matter what it took, and even offer to come in on my day off to learn so my sales would be more profitable. Today in our pre-work morning meeting our entire store was yelled at for 30 minutes about our lack of PC Optimization sales. When I told them that over half of the staff did not know how to do this, they said that you should have learned already. I asked again when I could be trained at which time refused to train me.
The main thing I want to get out to potential employees is that their pay structure is not what they tell you in training. We are on a draw system where you go against $7.25 an hour. The problem is, if you are 1 minute over 40 hours, it goes to all of your hours are counted as time and a half against draw. For example, if you work an even 40 hours you have to earn $290 in a week or you go into draw. If you work 40 hours and 1 minute, you have to earn $435.18 to cover your draw. This is not what they told us, this is not what I signed off on, and the have refused multiple times to give me the HR number. I called our Corporate number and complained a week ago when I noticed that pay was off and was reprimanded within the store for doing so, even though they could not give me the answers to my questions which I had asked.
This company is very unprofessional and will tell you one thing and expect another. I encourage any employees with similar complains to post them and to not be bullied around. I kept all of my numbers and paychecks because I believe I will have to go to small claims court to get the correct amount of money that is owed to me. I am hoping they will be willing to work with me to give me what I earned, but if they wouldn't help one of their own employees, how much do I really mean to them as a now ex-employee.
-Justin Reeser
Roanoke HHGregg Store #0199

User Comments

Upon getting a lawyer to help me HHGregg paid me and other employees before the case went to court, but it still took a lawyer's actions to get them to pay what they owed.
Comments United States Retail Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Jun, 2010 by   fairpay 0 Votes
please take your paycheck stubs to your nearest wage and hour division before you go to small claims court. they maybe in violation of federal minimum wage laws.
 29th of Mar, 2011 by   nlmccre1969 0 Votes
If you filled out a "finance form", then you would have had to have put your personal information on it. No company will grant financing to someone without it. Second, the only financing that hhgregg offers is the hhgregg card backed by GE Finance. There are no other financing options available.
 29th of Mar, 2011 by   nlmccre1969 0 Votes
Sorry...this site posted the previous comment to this thread, which was intended for another.

On another note, I am currently employed by hhgregg. I have also noticed the OT draw issues. While it is unfair, there are no federal statutes in place that state that they cannot figure OT draw in this manner. The statute, itself, can be confusing to understand.

BTW...our store had been open for a month when you had posted this thread.
 25th of May, 2011 by   bigtator 0 Votes
yes i also work for hhgregg the rip off company, know your pain, the lies and the mistreatment, bullying, corporate blind eye and hope someone takes them to court, and sues there but off!i wish you and your family the best!
 16th of Aug, 2011 by   petero 0 Votes
I would like to see more examples of the problems that people have had working for hhgregg.
 16th of Aug, 2011 by   petero 0 Votes
Have you witnessed any sign of age discrimination?
 21st of Dec, 2013 by   Justin 0 Votes
Just a quick update if anyone still reads this. I got in contact with a lawyer, who contacted the corporate office and about a month later I was paid the difference and I was told by now other former employees that they were given the difference. It took legal action for them to change. My lawyer told me that me keeping the records would have held up in court and that is why they caved in. I hope everyone at other stores does not run into this problem but if they do follow the steps that I did and they will cave upon threat of legitimate legal action. I have had a few lawyers from other state who were facing the same problem look me up and call me as a witness for the same thing happening. Most of the time HHGregg caves in and pays the employee(s) before they are taken to court. If I can do anything to help anyone who runs into this search my name on the internet and my webpage from back in college has a current e-mail address and contact info!
 25th of May, 2014 by   kevind86 0 Votes
When u say paid the difference what are u referring too? I work for them and jave felt like im getting screwed a while now

Corporate Tax Scams