logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Arizona Tea
Diet decaf green tea with ginseng
2. (1 mins ago)
Tidebuy
ordered items never gt delivered
3. (5 mins ago)

Herzing College
2400 Veterans Blvd
Kenner, Louisiana
Phone: 504-734-0074
I was scammed, ripped-off, cheated, etc. by Herzing College.
I graduated with Honors from a Course at Herzing College, and all I learned was how to be scammed. I am unable to work in my field of study but I have to pay over $7, 000.00 in student loans for an education I was cheated of receiving. The college could not even find an internship site for even one of the students to complete our 180 hours of unpaid training. Instead, we all worked free hours in jobs not pertaining to our studies.
Herzing College could not even assist one student in job placement in our field of study. They sent me on several job interviews but not once, was it for my field of study.

I have a Mediation hearing tomorrow, June 4th, with Herzing College and the LA Board of Regents. Anyone who wants to add their comments towards the poor education offered by Herzing College, please email your comments to Herzingscams@aol.com and I will print it out and take it to the Hearing.
Comments United States Colleges and Universities
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Jun, 2009 by   aprilgrad2010 0 Votes
I am a current student with Herzing University. I was at Herzing before Katrina and returned after the storm. I would have to disagree with the comment posted.

Herzing University has provided me with a quality education at a very fair price. I love the small classes and professional atmosphere.

The instructors are top notch and the staff is very helpful.

The Career Services has already placed me in my field of employment 2 months ago and my officical graduation date is not until April of 2010.

I will be graduating with my business degree in 2010 and plan on returning to further my education.

I would recommend this school to anyone and have with family and friends.

Go Herzing!

Sincerely,

A happy customer!
 3rd of Jun, 2009 by   snorra -2 Votes
Don't go crying after graduation because you finally learned you were being strung along.

I bet you were never placed in a job by the Career Services Coordinator, Kathy Hurley or with any helps of President, Gail Pena'.
If you are truly working in your field of study, getting the salary range you were promised at enrollment, and truly believe Herzing College/University did you right; Good for you!
They already ruined their reputation with me and I will tell any and everyone I can about my experience and show my proof of their poor training.
I'll bet you never graduated the course of
Medical Billing Insurance Coding.
The so called college could not even locate one site for even one student to complete our internship in our field of study.
 2nd of Oct, 2009 by   weekendwarrior 0 Votes
I didn't attend Herzing University, but did find gainful employment from a different school through their career services dept. I just wanted to say that what people say about others often says more about them than who they are talking about. If this is how you respond when you are disgruntled I wouldn't want to hire you either. Finding a job can be the hardest job you'll ever have - especially in this economy. You have to look at what's not working and fix it. You have to take feedback from others no matter how much it hurts sometimes. You have to be willing to change. You were frustrated and just decided to start flaming on a message board. Perhaps not the most constructive approach to finding a job.
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by   soon to be herzing student 0 Votes
I have to disagree with some of the complaints about the University, even though I'm not a student here. I have done all the research about this online school and other universities, some of the other universities i have talked with seem to be very pushy about getting into their university before you even make a choice who to go. For example, I have already talked with one Online university and told the admission advisor i would get back in touch with them on Wednesday this week and they have already set up an appointment with the committee board on Tuesday. How's that for an University, very pushy, right. I have good vibes that this university will work out better with me. Whatever you do, if you do decide to go with any University, WARNING I would not consider this University CTU and definitely don't go with Grantham University. Please look at the reviews with Grantham University.

Thanks from Anonymous
 7th of Feb, 2010 by   Flexx -1 Votes
Like another comment listed above, I too am a Herzing graduate who attended both before and after Katrina hit New Orleans in 2005. I earned my associate degree in computer information systems in 2003 (with honors) where I did approximately 85% of my course work on grounds and the rest online. February of this year (2010), I graduated with my bachelors in computer science and was granted early admission into the MBA program via the dual-enrollment program that the university offers, which provides an alumni discount of 15% on tuition. Prior to Katrina, I was quickly placed in several jobs as a contractor (in 2004 I actually only worked 9 months out of the year and earned more than I would normally in my old trade working a lot of overtime for a full year) with the aid of the university and worked full time in IT until Katrina hit, where as did many I lost my job and had to switch gears for a short time. However, even though I was not working in my field of study, per se, my degree and skills helped me land an in between job until I could recover from the storm and return back to school in 2009.

I would like to state that anyone who enters into a college program should be a self-starter, self-motivator, as well as be fully ready to get out of a program whatever they put into it (and I'm not talking about the financial investment alone). Many people today have a high school mentality where the teachers are there to hold your hand and make sure that you do your homework and show up to all your classes. This is not the case with any university, because Herzing is one of three that I attended before coming to the conclusion that by far it is the best our area has to offer. With that said, the professors, staff, and student body there are always willing go out of their way to help those who are in need and I am yet to see where any student failed to gain any knowledge except as a result of their own lack of effort. A perfect example is a professor I had this semester who brought in Herzing IT personnel as well as contacted the author of our text book when several students pointed out there were typos that resulted in many students being confused about critical components needed to develop a web-based application that handles user input data from a database.
 20th of Feb, 2010 by   ocrmom60 0 Votes
I to will be a new student taking classes on line and hoping this one will work for me. I already have an Associate in medical Billing but want something more to give me more information in billing and I chose the health information management. This will be my third on line classes. The only thing that I haven't like so far is getting my transcripts because all the other schools had always gotten them. The one thing that I do like about this college, I won't have to take a lot of christian classes. I have nothing against christian classes but that is not what I am going to school for. If this work for me, my daughter will be taking classess also.
 19th of Apr, 2010 by   James M Kennedy 0 Votes
I am also a Student at Herzing University Online out of Birmingham and I must say the academic advisors and administrative staff are very polite, understanding, and supportive. I never expected so much encouragement from an academic advisor and Tommy Dennis has been there to get me through and hold my head up high. I was not very pleased with the attitude and the vibes that I received from the Financial Aid Advisor because she was rude, and very short with me. She really made me feel like she was doing me a favor, which she was but she didn't have to come off the way she did and she rubbed me the wrong way, good thing I don't have to see her that often. I haven't had any problems out of taking my courses online and I really enjoy the flexibility of the classes that they offer, however the instructors are simply instructors and not Professors and the way a lot of the courses are designed are to meet minimum requirements. I probably spend 6 to 8 hours Per week participating in discussions, reading, and doing my (usually) one written assignment a week. If you are looking a for an easy University who can and will offer you everything that a top notch university would with the exception of a superior education then I would suggest Herzing. I dropped out of High School, got my GED, and have been making A and B's in online classes through Herzing University since February of 2009 and personally I do not feel like I'm getting what i'm paying for. Although I keep my head in the books and stay on top of all my coursework I somewhat feel like im being robbed because the work is so simple. Each course is 8 Weeks long but really 6 1/2 because the first week you start mid way through and the last week is an administrative week. I do not feel like im getting a quality education and am looking into making a transfer to a four-year university such as Auburn, Alabama, Florida, or The Naval Academy. I have heard rumors that some or most of my credits will not transfer out, if this is true then I would have wasted 12, 510 in Financial Aid and 6, 485 in Federal Grants. This is just from February 09 to December 09 which is a total of 18, 995 For one year of study. Should i have just went to a 4 Year University from the beginning? With what im used to im scarred to even look into transferring because of the load. Any opinions? GentlemenJames@Gmail.Com
 10th of Jun, 2010 by   Dr. Do Alot 0 Votes
I must say, I spent more than 80, 000 dollars at a reknowned private college. I am not working in my field, but I am working. Most graduates do not work within their field directly after graduation, to think otherwise would be foolish and ignorant. Also, I don't believe that any college or university should have to "place" its students, nor should they have to find an internship or externship. At the University I attended, it was solely the students responsibility to obtain intern and externship sites for themselves. This showed a sense of responsibility and professionalism on behalf of the student, and thus preparing for the job search after graduation. If a student was unable to obtain an spot, the simply did not graduate- were "weeded out." Graduates from this university are of the highest standing, and to expect any less of the students would be discrediting to the degree I received. If you are attending a college that even assists with this. . you should feel lucky as well as spoiled I shall say. What are you learning though, by having a "career" advisor, doing this for you? How will you ever learn network and get an actaul job without doing it while attending college? Or do you expect the college to do that for you as well? It sounds to me like students are quite dependent upon others when it comes to their educational/career future. The more prestigious the college, the more difficult the requirements. Of those above, who are complaining, defintatly are not cut out for the type of university I went to. I have stumbled across may posts such as these, as I am researching for a doctoral program myself. I worked very hard for my degree, and the fact that there are universities "handing out" assistance is an abomination to those of us who EARNED what we have. I had to make over 50 cold calls and 18 interviews before I found my internship in my undergraduate years, and you all expect it to be given to you. How hard have YOU, the STUDENT, worked towards completing the requirement at hand. Only when you have done all YOU can do, do you have the right to complain, Blaming others only makes you sound like a coward, afraid to face your own failures and own the responsibility associated with it. If you were my student. . I would pity you, for lack of drive, independence, and initiative. And I'm sure your grades would support that opinion.
 16th of Jun, 2010 by   abbie5780 +1 Votes
To the person who went to the "$80, 000" college, let me just say, "WE'RE ALL VERY IMPRESSED!" Let's get over ourselves a BIT, please! I went to an ivy league college, and even THEY helped place me. To expect a bit of help from your school is not much to ask; especially when they tell you they will help you! PLEASE, nobody else but YOU is cut out for the "type of university you went to"??? You should go back, because obviously, they didn't teach you how to spell. Talk to a therapist and a Miss Manners too, you could benefit from both.
 20th of Jun, 2010 by   Mrs. MMS -1 Votes
I have never seen people act like kids...
you should read your comments before posting them... Some of you showing off how much money they spent in their education but what kind of education? Discrimination 101? All of us are the same, when we go to the bahroom we sh*it the same way some of us stink more than others but hey you could solve that with a good shower.
Not all of us have money to afford an "education" like the one with the 80, 000 dollars tag but you know what? we are doing something about it to better ourselves not like you that in your case you just don't know or don't want to know any better.

Blessings,
Mrs. M
 9th of Jul, 2010 by   NINA LOUIS 0 Votes
BUT MAYBE THIS PERSON COULD HAVE SPENT OVER 80, 000 ON HIS EDUCATION DURING DIEFFERENT TIMES AND THEN I T ALL ADDED UP TO THAT. BUT ON A SERIOUS NOTE I WOULD LIKE TO START HERZING IN THE FALL OF NEXT YEAR TO DO THE LPN TO RN BRIDGE PROGRAM DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUSCH IT COST AND HOW GOOD IS HERZING NCLEX PASS RATE? THATS ALL IM REALLY THINKIN OF BUT WITH THESE REVIEWS IDK????? HELP PLEASE
 1st of Aug, 2010 by   latoya askew +1 Votes
I do not understand where all of the complaints are coming from. I have been with Herzing for over a year now and I have never had any problems. Everyone at the University has been very helpful. As far as a job goes, I feel if the person is eager to get a job in that field then you will get it. Just because you graduate for a school does not guarantee a career strait out of school. There are so many other schools to talk about involving you sign up and after that when you call no one answers. Or how about financial aid over charges you. Or the instructors don't have any knowledge of the class. Or you dont get a refund for about 3 months etc. Herzing is the last school to complain about they have all their ducks in a row. So get a grip!
 27th of Aug, 2010 by   ebonymacarthur +1 Votes
Yup, get a grip! I started this online program almost three months ago, and I came from another online school. I must say that I'm impressed so far that no one forced me to go when I wasn't ready so now I'm at a 3.60 GPA in their medical billing and looking forward to graduating and getting a job. I was told in the beginning that I needed to find my own internship, which after talking with my cousin who works for an medical insurance company, spoke with her boss and she said I can do my internship there when I need to do it. You have to be ready for college, no one is going to hold your hand or guarantee you a job, or even an internship. This is part of life. I'm happy...no complaints at this point.
 22nd of Sep, 2010 by   sheeba streeter +1 Votes
As a nursing student currently attending herzing university, I have to say I am impressed at the atmosphere and professionalism offered by the staff and teachers. I find everything really organized and the financial aid office has been very helpful and patient with me! Thanks to them I don't have to wait on Jacksonville State's waiting list to get accepted into nursing school! I can just attend nursing school in Birmingham, Al at Herzing University with my head held high and no regrets about to sitting at home waisting my time...I am a very dedicated student and I know that you only get what you put into your education back out of it! NO one is going to do the work for you, you have been given the books and the materials and you have to do the work yourself!
 3rd of Jan, 2011 by   ashley1986 +1 Votes
i'm thinking about attending herzing universty in may if everything works out they said the cost was 25, 000 for the surgical tech program that is 18 month long i'm hoping the loans i take out will cover each semester thats my big concern...but they seem like a good college better then delgado community college where i was going. the english class is crazy you have to pass the final at the end in order to pass the class it doesn't matter what your average is if u fail i get a f i had a c average im the class and fail the final. i think its unfair and scare to waste another 5 months of my time and fail it again. this is the reason why im looking at herzing universty...
 3rd of Jan, 2011 by   latoya askew +1 Votes
This is my second year of college with Herzing and I absolutely love them. There is someone always there to help the student, whether if it is for the courses, financial needs, a issue with the instructor etc. So it's not like this University is going after taking your money. The courses are exciting, the work load is not heavy and there are not many major requirements due that would discourage you to stop attending. I have done my homework on many other colleges and they are full of crap. Either you are dealing with someone that just wants to take your money or you are attending a course that the instructor does not have any knowledge of or you are waiting 6 to 8 weeks for a disbursement. If you are still having doubts about Herzing or what move to make, trust me Herzing is the right University to attend.
 2nd of Feb, 2011 by   lil8309900 +1 Votes
Finding a job is your responsibility. I have been a student at herzing since 07 and I am currently working on my masters (MBA) with them. I have had nothing but great experiences, and I feel kind of appaued that you would blame herzing for your unemployment. I guess my theory was right, just getting an education does not make you smart enough to get a job.
 31st of Mar, 2011 by   HERZING-VICTIM -1 Votes
I am currently attending the Atlanta, GA Campus. I am Extremely disappointed at the tuition cost with a quality of professionalism this does not reflect the school premium price. Some of the staff here are very rule, as a result the campus can not keep Professors because of the messy administration staff. The financial aide department employees are a complete joke because of their attitudes towards the students. The computer lad computers are Never functioning as they should, They have a Math teacher for Russia that teaches Algebra(Now imagine that Language barrier/Complete Comedy) I really regret enrolling in this modern day circus. Their' Motto is "A Real College, for Real People" >!!! NOT!. Their are a few staff embers who go above and beyond their Job titles to ensure that this is a pleasant learning experience, however those efforts are tainted by the corrupted members of this institution. Please STAY AWAY!
 1st of Apr, 2011 by   latoya askew 0 Votes
Maybe it is just the campus you are attending. I attend online and the experience you are having, I have never delt with. As far as the tuition goes almost every Universities college expenses increase every year. So this is just not Herzing. I guess it depends on the student of what they are looking to be affordable. My opinion, it is high but the learning experience and support I receive from the University accounts for that price. Online the instructors are very knowledgeable about their courses and have past degrees in that particular course. None that I have met are from out of the country. Maybe you should consider online courses and see if there is a difference in your experience.
 27th of Apr, 2011 by   shmor 0 Votes
I know some people who graduated from AB Tech and UNCA with degrees. They are not working its not the schools fault. You have to take everything into consideration. My husband got his degree in Electronics 5 years ago from a local college. Out of his graduating class only 2 people found jobs and it was in another state. I am i glad I transferred from a local school to Herzing. My grade this semester were unbelievable. I could not have done it any where else. regardless of after graduation I have accomplished so much hereI went from a 1.82 to a 3.87 gpa .

Dirty Dozen Scams