logo

online degree scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Heritage Pacific, Dallas, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Fraudulent Collections Company

Heritage Pacific Contacts & Informations

17120 N. Dallas Parkway
Dallas, Texas
Phone: 877.225.1097
hpdebtexchange.com
Heritage Pacific is a company that preys on people who have already lost their home. As far as I can tell, they call you based on public records that show you have had your home foreclosed on. They call you and harass you 5-10 times a day with an automated phone system saying that you owe them a debt. They try to get you to call a toll-free number so that they can get your information and your payment for the debt they say they have with you.

Don’t give them any information. They don’t have any legal rights to harass you this way or to try to collect on the debt they say they have with you. Please call them at the toll-free number, 877-225-1102, and tell them what you think about their fraudulent collection practices. If enough people call and complain about their fraudulent collection practices, then maybe we can shut them down. They even boast on their website that “our partners have been enjoying returns of 200-300% or more in a matter of months.” These “partners” are the scumbag people who invest in Heritage Pacific to try to collect on these fraudulent debt collections.
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Aug, 2009 by   Allyssea 0 Votes
They are a fraudulent company. They prey on people and hope that these people will fall for their scam. Do not give them ANY information, and tell them that the information they seek is only available to true debt collectors. They harassed my father after contacting me and having my true contact info. They were trying to obtain an email address from what he told me. A true debt collector would not contact your father after speaking with you and having your contact information. Plus they are not supposed to anyway.

They have recently sent me a letter with logos on the front. I called those companies and they have never heard of Heritage Pacific Financial nor have they ever been a member with that company. If you look up their address on googlemaps, you will find a different company. The address and phone number listed is from Ganter Development. The owner of Heritage and Ganter, is Ganter. Big surprise. The phone numbers are the same as are the addresses.

They are scumbags trying to make easy money from people who have already lost a lot. Do not fall for their tricks. Do not believe them when they say that their attorney's office will be in contact with you shortly if you disagree with anything they have to say. I have yet to hear from their so called attorney's office, and this was back in April. They are worse than telemarketers.
 18th of Aug, 2009 by   Dr. William Kennedy -1 Votes
Heritage Pacific Financial is a legal company with many SCC licenses and other financial licenses, and is authorized to collect mortgage monies from delinquent home owners.
HPF has many faces such as investments, collections and REITS.

For the most part, they buy write-off 2nd mortgages from other financial institutions and then employ collectors to call on the debts.Most of the people who took out 1st and 2nd mortgages did so as a cash option on their homes so they could use the money for other ventures. When the market went soft then the owners found they had spent all the money they borrowed and now they are trying to default on the mortgage loans

HPF primary job is collections on 2nd mortgages. They do use collection tactics to get dead beat owners to pay off the debt they incurred. There is nothing illegal about collecting debt that is owed to the owner of said debt.

Don't get mad at a company trying to collect on mortgages when you are one of the people who took the money in the first place, and now you are trying to get out from under the debt you incurred.

Slander will not hide the fact that you owe on your debt. Hopefully you've learned from your mistakes.
 17th of Sep, 2009 by   balaheler 0 Votes
The only scumbags, dead beats, shitheads, fucking losers are the people that work for Heritage Pacific. They are all debters themselvs. Most of them criminals, that ripped people of on loans and now are out of work, because they can't do that anymore. Hence loan officers/collection scums.

How does a collection company do home loans?

Collect from your self first, set an example. Anyway Heritage Pacific breaks every FTC law. They want to make money off of loans that they can't even verify in writting.

* They call multiple times per day.
* They call befor 8AM.
* They call other people and tell them about the loan.
* They call and leave threating messages.
* They threating to sue you.

Why aren't they listed on ACA international if they were such legit company?
 15th of Mar, 2010 by   Raoul Duke -1 Votes
Dear balaheler,

Name calling and the use of expletives are tactics used by those who do not understand an issue and emotionally act out without precedent. I would also suggest a G.E.D. program for a basic knowledge of spelling and grammar as well as proper writing structure.

A Few(of my favorite)Examples:

1. "The only scumbags, dead beats, shitheads, fucking losers are the people that work for Heritage Pacific."
Proper: ONLY Scum bags, dead beats, shit heads AND fucking losers WORK FOR HERITAGE PACIFIC.

2. "...debters themselvs."
Proper: debtOrs themselvEs.

3. "threating"
Proper: threatNing

There is a spell check function when typing a comment. That's what the red dotted line under the misspelled word represents.

Thank you for using the internet to prove your ignorance.
 27th of Aug, 2010 by   Smarterthanthat 0 Votes
This company is a web of lies. Any company that does business in the basis of a lie loses my respect. What a joke. I called and confronted them after they lied to me and I gave them my information and they lied some more, then denied the lies.

I don't know what kind of person could go to work each day knowing that all they were going to do all day is be dishonest. How do you live with yourself.
 24th of Sep, 2010 by   Dbenci727 0 Votes
funny, CHAPTER 7 will fix that, also Federal law states that on collecting a debt the staute of linitations is 4 years after the last recieved payment on said debt, so dont make a payment for anything even if they want only want ten dollars.(It is a shame when you are in financial ruin, it happins .) the heat will turn up when the 4 year mark gets close so use your head and dont acknowledge the debt, it is no different than what the large LLC's do. even the banks, the banks wrote off the debt, they got a tax credit based on full amount and projected intrest. The people who run this company have taken the risk (key word, "risk" ) on trying to collect, they will not fix your TRW, if your credit is shot oh well, back in the day credit was a sighn of poverty, people who could not pay their bills sought credit, learn to pay cash for everything, you can buy a house, a car or what ever else you want I gave up gredit after my divorce, and the loss of my home to a loved ones gambling.Unfortunatly I will not be able to chapter seven for at least another year had a bad situation once before in my life. Rember the only people you have to truly worrie about is the Federal Goverment/IRSwhen it comes to mortgage Fraud. Loseing your job, home, income is not fraud its just bad luck along with stupid mistakes.
This company has called my self, has said there is a fed ex package they have addressed to me, well accepting a package that is not yours via the "mail" is a federal crime, so as long as you dont bite yer good, there is no package they want to send you a registered letter, you sighn for it then they have a hook into you. if they send it to your house dont accept it. if a person walks up and tries to hand you somthing DONT TAKE IT no matter what.
 24th of Sep, 2010 by   Dbenci727 0 Votes
If you are asked to show I.D. you dont have to unless it is a official officer of a government agency, Local/ FED, ask for their I.D. first.
 30th of Nov, 2010 by   C4-Ethics&Morality 0 Votes
This company (Heritage Pacific) has represented themselves fraudulently to me via dozens of mail correspondanc and voice mail messages. I totally understand why many of you have great emotions in sharing your experiences above. I have saved all material and voice message that I've received from HP that prove their fraudulent behaviors and I strongly suggest that they decist in these activities. There is a difference between ethical business practice in debt collection and in the so called "scum bag" fraudulent activities that many of you noted above. Of course debt collection companies have a right to pursue the so called 'debters' however they need to do that within the boundary of government regulations and in a morally responsible manner. This is certainly not any of our mutual experiencess and I'm sure there are thousands of other that have experienced the same thing but have not yet had a voice in this discussion. I recommend that all of you who have proof in paper or in recorded messages of HP misrepresentation and fraud save this material. In many states there are government guidelines with respect to debt collection practices and there are personnel harrassment laws. I suspect this company has crossed that line on a number of occasions. Although you may be embarrased by your situation (bad things happen to good people) you should not hesitate to save fraudulent information and send it with your complaints/observations to your government representatives. Perhaps a change in some laws are necessary in some states. At the end of the day legal action/possibly a class action suit may be the best way to deal with this type of organization - stay tuned!
 18th of Feb, 2011 by   JoeyDee 0 Votes
If you wish to do a class action, or any action, count me in!
 17th of Mar, 2011 by   K. D. Miller 0 Votes
I have been receiving calls from this Heritage Pacific. Initially, they identify themselves as HP Locators, and as a Private Investigator, calling with information for me. The caller id on my phone shows them as Heritage Pacific. When I called them back, first I was told that my information regarding why they were calling was not available to view on the computer because their system was down and that "Private Investigator Diaz" would call me back the following day. She did call back, and left a voicemail to call her back. When I did call her back, I encountered "Private Investigator Hernandez", who said he needed the last two digits of my social security number and they were calling about a property I must have owned. I refused any further information, although I had verified that I had lived at the address they were calling about, but no longer did. Needless to say, this address represented a home I foreclosed on and lost two years ago! I was not a deadbeat!! I am disabled and lost all of my income. Thanks for your empathy to the self righteous Dr. William Kennedy. Is that Dr. as in M.D., Rev. Dr., or some other misrepresentation like your allegianced friends at Heritage Pacific. Insults heal no one Dr.! As for Heritage Pacific I told them to never call me again. It seems that I figured this little scheme out and agree with the previous writer, they are scum, who purchased bad debts and are trying to collect on them! Find a legitimate business or job, since your previous occupations as mortgage lenders faded with the housing crisis of 2007. Seems you managed your money poorly, since you got rich from unsuspecting home buyers by selling mortgage loans that were doomed from the start.
 25th of Mar, 2011 by   JoeyDee 0 Votes
You people at PHF are worthless, greedy, pigs who serve no purpose on this planet! You won't last long. So try to collect as much as possible, but you will eventually pay the ultimate debt. You have to ask yourself if its all worth it. Greed is not good. You are just 'legal' thieves and bullies. Once people take a stand you will be running like a bunch of wild turkeys from a slaughter house.
You people are arrogant enough to think that you can do this to people and still hold profiles on Face Book and MySpace.
Do you know how many people want to come after you?
Chris Ganter, you are a nobody! You are a failure! Money is the very thing that will destroy you!
 27th of Mar, 2011 by   JoeyDee 0 Votes
Sickening! He's going to go to Las Vegas to teach people how to do this!
 2nd of Apr, 2011 by   JoeyDee 0 Votes
Before you settle with them, read tis: http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/forgiven-debt-1099C-income-tax-3513.php
 9th of Apr, 2011 by   hkitty808 0 Votes
A few days ago, my grandmother received a call from someone claiming to be a private investigator or "middle-man" for Heritage Pacific, inquiring for my phone number and whereabouts. Thankfully she did not divulge the information to them, and informed my father that they had called several times now, who then relayed the message to me. They never once attempted to contact me directly, but rather through my grandmother who had in fact taken out a reverse mortgage a few years ago on the home I previously lived in. I am no longer living there but she still does, and so I suspect they found this information out and decided to use me as a third party in order to get information from me, maybe because I am the youngest person who lived in the household and thought I might be naive. My family suspects their primary goal was to scam my grandmother, as I have never owned a home nor am I even close to owning one (I'm only 21 years old), so I knew right away that I couldn't be held accountable for any of what they were saying. My father called them back and they would not tell him what they wanted from me, and said that they were only authorized to give information to an "Edwin". Well guess what, there is no one by the name of Edwin in our family, nor do any of us even know someone by that name. I suspect they are somehow getting a hold of information regarding people who have taken out second/reverse mortgages on a house, and are then claiming that they owe Heritage Pacific, when really they just want to get a hold of enough of your information to scam you successfully. The scary part is that they told my father they would "find me one way or another, even if he refused to cooperate." It angers me that companies like this think it's okay to harass others in this manner, especially when I am in no way affiliated with their "purpose". Get your facts straight if you're going to go through all of that, or better yet, stop trying to scam people and find a legitimate means of earning money. I hope this reaches others so that they don't fall into the trap.
 16th of May, 2011 by   DistressedBorrower23 0 Votes
Check out this attorney: http://www.lubofsky.net/fredman/representative-cases/heritage-pacific-financial-unlawful-debt-collection-litigation/

He was able to dismiss a case against HPF and now have a pending counter lawsuit against HPF. He is also working on a class-action lawsuit against HPF.
 9th of Jun, 2011 by   justice for all1 0 Votes
I am confused.. Why dont you speak to them? If you did nothing wrong, why are you avoiding them. If i was you i would call them immediately and get this sorted out. It could be a case of mistaken identity..
 9th of Jun, 2011 by   justice for all1 0 Votes
distressedborrower 23
I checked in the california court records, this attorney hasnt won squat.. What case are you refering too?
 9th of Jun, 2011 by   cu812 0 Votes
This company has a judgment against me and has garnished my wages (25% of what I earn!!!) I bought two houses about 5 years ago and had to walk on both mortgage because I couldn't get another loan to pay for the other cash-outs I had done. My attorney did everything possible to beat them, but they have the best attorneys money can buy. We tried to throw every countersuit possible at them, but for some reason the judge kept siding with them. They are ruthless. I had a settlement offer from them when I started ($5000), but didn't take it. Now they are slapping me for $1500 a month and won't agree to settle for another 8 months. Go see an attorney, but if they offer a settlement that is even near what your attorneys fees are, bite the bullet. They will not stop until they get you.
 30th of Jul, 2011 by   JoeyDee +1 Votes
cu812 - Nice try employee of PHF. Good scare tactic.
It amazes me how you claim to be a victim, then tout their attorneys. If I had my wages garnishes, I would everything I could to protect the money and make sure they get 0%. By the time they garnish your wages there is nothing more to lose. You got a judgement, the credit is shot, may as well hide your money. They can't break in at gunpoint and rob you.

Regarding their attorneys. I know of attorneys who would not waste their time working for these clowns. The ones I know value their time and and PHF could not afford them! These people at PHF are not invincible. They will get theirs one day...I know it!
 6th of Nov, 2011 by   Tom Dickens 0 Votes
This company has press charges and has shown up at my house two days ago with a Private investogator " Diaz"saying I defualted on my home loan from 5 years ago. Either pay 100, 000.00 or pay in time 10 yrs in prison no prorole no nothing. My lawyer is working on gettting me out of this. They got me by the balls Im out of work so they prefer to have me in prison and is pushing hard to get me in Livenworth in Kansas or the fed prison in Marion, Ill.. And I dont work for the company I got suoepeaned to come to court so that they can have hearing on what they want to do with me. Im scared and havent taken a shit in two days. Im going up the river. I think Diaz told me his dad was the man who killed Chi Guarvara in Boliva in the 60s. Damn

Keyboard Spywares Used by Online Phishing Scams