logo

Cordell & Cordell
screwed by their scam
3. (38 mins ago)
IIC Online Storage Solution
not working, no answer, no refund
4. (40 mins ago)

Posted:    carol latus

rip off

Preston, Lancashire, England
United Kingdom
i am being charged £9.88 from this company and i cant stop the payment coming out each month as the phone number my bank has got does not exist. can someone please help me out cause my bank are saying i have to phone the people who are taking it out of my bank.

so any other number other than 08000470519 would be appreciated
you can contact me by email carollatus@hotmail.co.uk
Comments United Kingdom Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

31st of Jul, 2008 by   Francis Richards 0 Votes
I attempted to get support for AVG 7.5 and was directed to this site. They charged me for an upgrade service that I did not need (AVG 8 is supported and free). My credit card is now showing £8.99 per month. Keep in touch through this site.
They appear to be connected with CNET.
 31st of Mar, 2009 by   Cwilso 0 Votes
The Exact same thing has happened to me I was directed from the AVG site and they have caharged me £80.67. I have contacted my bank and they said they cannot refund, but said that they will refund any future payments taken. so it might be worth contacting your bank.
 10th of Apr, 2009 by   denise shanahan 0 Votes
please stop charging me for a service i am not recieving and that was supposed to be a once off payment i will take legal action if it continues
 12th of Apr, 2009 by   sparkly 0 Votes
I have the same problem got me for US$100, i told them to credit my account so just waiting to hear, and got the bank to issue me a new credit card number so they can't keep doing it. Good luck all
 22nd of Apr, 2009 by   campvic 0 Votes
This also happened to me. I contacted the bank and talked with someone in that company they apologized and said they would refund the money but this never happened. Now they reappeared and I'm having the same problem. Someone needs to take a look at this.
 23rd of Apr, 2009 by   eray 0 Votes
i was all so directed from the avg site and charged £80.67p and again the next month with £14.97. I had to cancell my cridit card to stop the payment from coming out .I have been trying to ring 08082380026 but have had no luck.The additional information my bank give me was. The merchant provides billing support for a variety of internet vendors and merchants.what ever that means
 11th of May, 2009 by   Martyn 0 Votes
I agree. I have just phoned 08082380026 and I believe got the payment stopped. I have been charged £80.67, and then it would have been £14.97 per month
 11th of May, 2009 by   sarah 0 Votes
They are continuing to take money from a credit card without agreement
 13th of May, 2009 by   Ken 0 Votes
I also paid 80.67 and then all of a sudden for the past 3 months have been charged an additional 14.97...

An investigation needs to be launched for false advertising by AVG...
 14th of May, 2009 by   Dave 0 Votes
Yes i agree i downloaded SKYPE and was redirected to this scum. as soon as i found what had happened i sent an email to cancel it however £74.49 came out of my bank. I got the money back and stopped the £14.97 coming out. 2 month later the £74.49 as come out again. I have called this Scum and all they can say is that i have to cancel within 7 days so what happened to the email i sent them canceling it. I carnt get no sense out of this scum at all. An investigation has to be set up against HELPMEDOWNLOAD . COM now so im going to talk to WATCHDOG today all on this forum should do the same. Dont blame AVG or SKYPE its helpmedownload.
 21st of May, 2009 by   Karen 0 Votes
argh I've been caught as well same as Ken- my bank are investigating it but I doubt i will get any money back. I know you say don't blame AVG but it was the only way to download AVG. I am really annoyed as I have had to stop my debit card to stop them taking any more!
 4th of Jun, 2009 by   harry 0 Votes
I too feel I have been ripped off by this company. It took several credit card statements before I saw the 14.97 monthly fee I was being charged for a service I don't remember signing up for. I think it statrted when I got my first MP3 player in December. The service rep I talked to today to 'disengage' from HelpMeDownload was frustratingly helpful as it was obvious that English was not her native tongue. I wish I knew to what agency I could make a complaint about this rip-off group.
 9th of Jun, 2009 by   helpmedownload.com 0 Votes
Hello Customers,

I am a customer service representative of helpmedownload.com. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and for your negative experience. Regarding your concern about the charges that you got, we will be more than happy to resolve your issue either via web chat below, or email, or calling our toll free number.

AU Phone Support 1-800-469-290

Web-chat is now available! You can visit the website: www.mp3helpdesk.com for online chat support.

9th of Jun, 2009 by   Sparkly 0 Votes
Well, being a victim as well, I read this with interest. Just emailed them to see if they are in fact sincere in trying to resolve these issues.
I'll let you know
 10th of Jun, 2009 by   sparkly 0 Votes
SUCCESS!!! Believe it or not they say they've issued a credit, I guess I'll wait till its actually there before cracking the champagne, but they did get back to me straight away with the refund, no questions asked so here's hoping
 11th of Jun, 2009 by   helpmedownload.com 0 Votes
Hello Sparkly,

I am a customer service representative of helpmedownload.com. It is good to know that you were able to reach us via email and good to know also that the issue was resolved. Again, I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. If you have questions or concerns again, you can contact us again through our Toll Free Number:
AU Phone Support 1-800-469-290
Our Web-Chat is also available 24/7. Just go to this website: www.onlinechat.helpmedownload.com.
Or you can send an email to support@helpmedownload.com.

Regards,

Helpmedownload.com
 22nd of Jun, 2009 by   sparkly 0 Votes
Yes, my credit came through, so I suggest everyone else with issues have another go at getting them resolved
 22nd of Jun, 2009 by   helpmedownload.com 0 Votes
Hi sparkly,

It's nice to hear that your issue was resolved. This will set as a good example that you can reach us and we can resolve any issues regarding the charges and any technical concern. If you do have questions you can reach us either via web chat below, or email, or calling our toll free number.

AU Phone Support 1-800-469-290

Web-chat is now available! You can visit the website: www.onlinechat.helpmedownload.com for online chat support. Or you can send an email to support@helpmedownload.com

2nd of Jul, 2009 by   Sean P.O'Curbale 0 Votes
This is a Scam/RIP-OF/OPERATION---HELPMEDOWNLOAD.COM IS A FRAUDULENT OUTFIT------KEEP WELL AWAY. SEAN P.O;CURBALE. seanpocurbale@gmail.com
 3rd of Jul, 2009 by   helpmedownload.com 0 Votes
Hello Sean,

I am a customer service representative of helpmedownload.com. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. I have checked your record on our system and what I have found out, you have reached us through our Web-Chat and the your issue was resolved. You requested to cancel the monthly charge which is for Updates and New Releases and we have done that for you. I assure you that you will no longer receive any charge from us since it is cancelled last June 14, 2009.

If you still have questions and clarifications, you can always contact us through our Web-Chat. Or you can reach through our Toll Free Number
AU Phone Support 1-800-469-290
Or you can send us an email to support@helpmedownload.com.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,