logo

Hallmark channel
closed-captioning
3. (42 mins ago)
vpfashion.com
The bad-quality and not recommended seller
4. (44 mins ago)
Dog Breeder
bad breeder
5. (46 mins ago)
DS GROUP LLC
Company steals from me and impossible to reach them

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

HEALTHY BACK INSTITUTE, Gaithersburg, Maryland Complaints & Reviews - CONTINUTED BILLING

HEALTHY BACK INSTITUTE Contacts & Informations

HEALTHY BACK INSTITUTE

Posted:    MikeATL

CONTINUTED BILLING

HEALTHY BACK INSTITUTE
333 Main st SUITE 301
Gaithersburg, Maryland
losethebackpain.com
They offer a free book, just pay shipping. WATCH OUT. If you order it they charge the shipping charge and then start this 19.95 a month charge for a tiny newsletter. They saidIi agreed to that! The say they will cancel future charges but wont go back and refund their unauthorized billings they made. I went back to website www.losethebackpain.com refilled in an order and it didnt say anything about agreeing to this charge.<br />
<br />
They also go by LIVE PAIN FREE, the title of newsletter and webiste is www.losethebackpain.com<br />
<br />
CAREFUL...RUN! Just yet another scam.
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Feb, 2010 by   MikeATL 0 Votes
I got my 19.95 charges refunded today! Hooray.
Someone who works there saw my post, THANK YOU!
 16th of Apr, 2010 by   boarnagin 0 Votes
I ordered the 7 day back pain cure today before we read your comment that explained I would be recieving a newsletter I did not order for $19.95, and I am very upset. I am on social security and cannot afford a newsletter I didn't order. How do I go about cancelling this newsletter?
 16th of Apr, 2010 by   MikeATL 0 Votes
Call Healthy back and tell them to stop your subscription NOW that should stop future billings...
Tell them you will dispute that first one with your bank...then do that...they usually wont refund it voluntarily
then post what they are doing again on this board...someone from their company does read it...good luck!
 1st of Jun, 2010 by   traker 0 Votes
I responded to an offer from Rob Poulos's Fat Burning Furnace newsletter by Zero to Hero Fitness.com for a 'FREE' copy of the book 'The 7-Day Back Pain Cure' by Jesse Cannone. I did not subscribe to the newsletter, in actual fact I unsubscribed to the 'Free Trial' newsletter several days before the 30 day trial period was up. As a result they have stoped sending the newsletter via email, but began sending it via post and charging my credit card accordingly without permission!

The first charge appeared on my credit card statement on 28/2/10 being for a transaction of US $11.95 (Aus 13.72) on 25/2/10 for the shipping of the 'FREE' book. The second charge was on 31/3/10 for US $24.95 (AUS 28.11), transaction on 27/3/10. Then there was another on 30/4/10 for US $24.95 (AUS 27.80), transaction on 27/4/10. There was also another at end of May. I will be going to bank tomorrow to fill in form to block any more payments! Additionally I would like them to refund the unauthorised payments on my credit card immediately.

I would have responded much quicker, however, I don't actually have a credit card and was using my mums card. I have received no receipts or invoices - tho I checked their website today and tried to sign in. I didn’t even know I had an account; there was no mention of this in any correspondence with them. Once my password was reset, I could see the invoices listing all the payments charged. I tried to remove the credit card details to no avail! I have only received 2 newsletters, but have been charged for 3 as well. Makes the 'FREE' book very expensive!

I have attached correspondence with the HEALTHY BACK INSTITUTE customer service department to the email I sent them which confirms when I unsubscribed. I did this via their email contact service as I live in Australia and it is not feasible for me to call their office.

If the unauthorised payments are not refunded I will look at taking further action.
 6th of Jun, 2010 by   traker 0 Votes
After three days of emailing several contacts at the Healthy Back Institute I finally reached someone who was willing to assist me in obtaining a refund for the unauthorised payments charged for their newsletter.
They asked for confirmation as to how I had unsubscribed so they could ‘improve’ their customer service and prevent this kind of event from reoccurring.
I offered all the information I could to assist them in rectifying their system breakdown in the hope no one else would be unwittingly charged for something they didn’t want in the first place.
I am yet to receive confirmation of the refunded unauthorised payments on my (mothers) credit card.
I WILL, however gladly advise as soon as the confirmation is received.
 23rd of Jul, 2010 by   Eva4 0 Votes
Hi MikeATL,
Thank you for updating your posting. Glad that you are happy with the refund and that you and I could sort out how you ended up being billed and mailed the newsletter.

Thanks again!
 24th of Jul, 2010 by   traker 0 Votes
Unauthorised payments REFUNDED! Confirmation has been received from my mother’s bank that all three unauthorised payments have been repaid. Additionally, confirmation has also been received from Eva at the Healthy Back Institute that my account has been inactivated and no further charges can be processed.

My advice to anyone in this situation is to be persistent. Continue emailing or contacting the company concerned until you receive your desired outcome. Posting comments on online complaints boards such as http://www.complaintsboard.com and in as many chat rooms as you can also generates results – companies don’t like negative postings.
 28th of Jul, 2010 by   Eva4 0 Votes
Hi Traker,
Glad we could resolve the misunderstanding that opting out from receiving further emails from us does not stop any standing monthly memberships.
I appreciate you updating your posting and that you are happy with the outcome.

Thanks again and have a great day!
 2nd of Aug, 2010 by   Cubbiegirl 0 Votes
I also ordered the free 7 day back pain book, but did not want the additional items. It is very obvious that you can choose whether or not you want any of the additional items. C'mon people read before you place an order online. I always do and you should not criticize a company for offering products, especially when they let you try them first.
 9th of Aug, 2010 by   ezekiel183 0 Votes
I love it when people say that if the info they have works, they should just give it away for free. I'm sorry but I went to law school and as much as I love helping people, I have no problem charging people for my services. I'm pretty confident they offer guarantees so if you don't like the product, ask for a refund...
 6th of Dec, 2010 by   cath15 0 Votes
I was going to order this Healthy Back Book, but have also been caught by a scam in the past by unauthorized charges (Proflowers) so I'm glad I went on this website to check out Healthy Back. It helped me avoid another scam. My instinct is to never order anything that "looks too good to be true, ie 'free'" and now I will definitely stick to that. Thank you to those who posted the info. I will also inform the magazine that I trust, where I saw this link, that these people are scammers.
 13th of Dec, 2010 by   elizaorr 0 Votes
The exact same scam was run on me. I have spent a total of about two hours trying to get my money refunded.
When I first called them, The Healthy Back Institute said I ordered a free copy of "7 Day Back Pain Cure" and agreed to
be charged $24.95 a month (for products I never have received--a newsletter and some ab-burning Cd or something).
I was blissfully unaware that I have been automatically charged this amount for 6 months. When I found out, I hit the ceiling.
The second time I called, their customer service people were incredibly unhelpful, reeling off products I "have received"--none of which I've received.
I actually ordered their $100 Cure the Back Pain system and didn't ask for a refund after it did not work for me. Now they rip me off for another $150. I really think this is close to fraud. I'm writing to the Attorney Generals of Illinois, California and the USA and every web complaint page I can find. This kind of thing really shouldn't be allowed.
These guys specialize in online scamming. I'm finished buying anything online. THESE GUYS NEED TO BE STOPPED!!!
 17th of Feb, 2011 by   sickandtiredfive 0 Votes
Has anyone ordered the rub on relief from this company? I have just placed an order today, and paid for it. There was no mention of a book or any ongoing orders...in other words, I just want the one jar of rub on relief...want to try it out...and do not want to be charged for any future purchases unless I come back and choose to do so.
 18th of Mar, 2011 by   gurka 0 Votes
Same old story wherever u go on line. Rip-off after rip-off... Until their countries get to grips with these people who are ripping customers off on line, it will go on and on. Fair play to those who stand up and fight back and keep on fighting. I fully support u all and totally agree on the last complaint of reporting them to the legal authorities. If everyone who is ripped off done this, they would have to investigate and take appropriate action. Just because a product is bought in one country and posted to another does not make that company exempt under their own country's laws! Plus any excess payments or irregularities by the company on Ur credit cards is also covered by law, as well as, not receiving any goods. So please keep up the good work of reporting all scams on line so everyone can see for themselves before they participate in another scam on line.
Eveyone buying online should first check out the scam/complaint issues surrounding that product through Google. Its a quick way to find the truth and stop alot of anxiety and stress in their lives.

GP.
 1st of Apr, 2011 by   Congocat 0 Votes
I just ordered the free 1-month supply of Heal-n-Soothe but they never asked for any financial info so I do not understand how the people above had money taken from their cards ?
 11th of Apr, 2011 by   Gayle Little 0 Votes
I, too, was (still am) involved in the scam for the 7 Day-Back-Pain Book Cure by Jesse Canonne. I was told the book was free, but I had to pay shipping costs by charging it. That's how my credit card no. was obtained. I found $24.95 taken out of my checking account for 2 months. To my knowledge, I did not order anything. When I called the no. that was on my statement, it was to a gun and holster shop in Ohio. The man who answered the phone said he has been getting calls all day every day from people about charges to their accounts from a Health and Fitness group. I finally found the no. to the co. The person who answered the phone had obviously been coached to only say certain sentences, so my questions were never really answered. When I asked to speak to her supervisor, she responded with one of her coached statements. I am now trying to get negative comments out to the public, so this co. does not continue to operate and scam people.
 27th of May, 2011 by   Pushkar K pradhan 0 Votes
I don't have any comment, but I would like to know about the pain killers - those five dangerous pain killer medicine. Yes, I understand that consuming of one of those pain killers cause several fatal diseases. Could you tell me that the amount of dose being consumed per day/week/month may cause the fatal diseases. For instance, if someone consume let's say 200mg occasionally or when headache occurs or once in a month - this is also the same as consuming regularly. I would be so glad, if I know about it. Best regards.
 15th of Sep, 2011 by   Lisa 36 0 Votes
This doctor may have some credentials, but his company and ordering system is antagonistic and confrontational. I will be watching my credit card carefully to see if they exceed the $5.96 shipping charge and I DID NOT order anything else. We will see. If I have to, I will be protecting my
seniors to see this company cannot hurt them. I very much dislike the order takers./
 25th of Feb, 2012 by   Teri Koch 0 Votes
I ordered the "Rub on Relief" three times already, mainly because I keep giving it to my friends to try. My left knee was in extreme pain for 10 years. I tried chiropractors, massage therapists and bought about 10 pairs of orthopedic shoes for $500.00 per pair, but nothing worked. I hated myself almost immediately when I ordered the Rub on Relief because I thought there was obviously no way it could possibly work. After all, how can something that you apply topically take away arthritic pain under a knee cap? However, imagine my surprise when I received the stuff and applied it and almost immediately it worked and the pain went away. I kept applying it morning and at night and it continued to work, although I was in denial for the first week or so thinking that I was imagining it, or the weather changed or whatever. I have used it now for over a month and I continue to be pain free and I am now trying to reverse the "gimp walk" that I have developed to try and lessen the pain I had in that knee for 10 years. I am finding that I am relaxing the knee while walking now, mainly because I am not in constant pain. So I don't know about all these other things these guys are doing to bug people, but they are my heroes at the moment. I have had positive feedback from the half dozen other people I gave this stuff to, to try it. It seems to work for everyone so far, and they all are planning to order it asap. So if I were you and you have arthritis based pain, I would definitely not hesitate to try this Rub on Relief stuff, because it totally works!
 7th of Mar, 2012 by   Eva4 0 Votes
Hi Lisa 36,
I really truly apologize that you find our ordering system antagonistic and confrontational!
All of our customers that are offered an additional product such as a free 30 day trial of our newsletter has the option to either decline or accept the presented offer. The billing terms for the presented offer is clearly listed before you add the presented offer to your existing order.All we ask is that if further issues/shipments are not wanted we be contacted within 30 days so we can stop the billing/shipments - this is clearly stated along with the billing terms as I mentioned above before you add to your order.
The Healthy Back Institute would never charge/ship a product that a customer had not included with an order.

If you have any questions or concerns please let us know and we'll be happy to assist you!

Fake Check Fraud