logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (49 mins ago)
Beachwood Success Method
Fake charge and they sent me wrong contact info
2. (54 mins ago)
electronics8881.com
Beware
3. (1 hr 1 mins ago)
eduniche.com
They took money and haven’t provided any services
4. (1 hr 19 mins ago)
Worst customer support

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Healthcare Recoveries, Inc., Louisville, Kentucky Complaints & Reviews - Possible Identity Theft Scam

Healthcare Recoveries, Inc. Contacts & Informations

Healthcare Recoveries, Inc.

Posted:    cherub100

Possible Identity Theft Scam

Healthcare Recoveries, Inc. (a.k.a. Trover Solutions)
Louisville, Kentucky
Phone: (502) 214-1340
troversolutions.com
I too received the same intrusive letter. What they don't make clear is exactly who wants this information, nor do they explain in human terms anyone can understand, why they want it. Of course we're afraid of giving out our personal medical information, out of the blue, to some company who doesn't truthfully identify themselves.

I refuse to respond to their letters of inquiry because everything they need to know is in my medical record. I've already stated how/why my injury occurred. It's from a lifetime of breaking my back so you birdbrains can get rich. Leave me alone.

Here's something that makes it a bit clearer. It did for me anyway.

Here's some gobbly gook for your edification: "With health care costs on the rise, most employers are looking for ways to better manage their employee’s insurance and medical expenses. In support of this effort, Blue Cross Blue Shield administers a provision that will encourage the reduction of health care costs without reducing health benefits; that provision is known as Reimbursement or Subrogation and applies when Blue Cross and Blue Shield has paid claims that might be the responsibility of another party.

Our partnership with Healthcare Recoveries, Inc. (HRI) will assist in this administration of the Reimbursement/Subrogation provision through the review of paid health care claims that could potentially be the responsibility of another party (e.g., claims processed for a member who had been in an auto accident).
Source(s):
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois Customer Advocate."
Comments United States Phishing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Mar, 2010 by   Amanda Hopper -2 Votes
Healthcare Recoveries is a division of Trover Solutions, Inc., a company founded in 1988 and headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky. Healthcare Recoveries works in partnership with your health insurance company in reviewing medical services provided and/or paid claims that may have been the result of an accident or injury. In order to effectively administer health contract benefits, we need to obtain detailed information from you to determine if another party is responsible for the medical treatment provided to you. The letter you received is signed by Cheri Hall (not Cheri Hill), the Manager of our Customer Service Department. When you call, the Customer Service Department representative will ask for the event # listed in your letter and/or your health plan member ID number to assist us with looking up your account when you call. For more information about our Company, please visit our website at www.troversolutions.com. Thank you. Amanda Hopper, Director of Compliance.
 10th of Jun, 2010 by   cherub100 +1 Votes
Then why doesn't your company identify itself as Trover Solutions Inc. in their mailings? Could it be the name doesn't sound 'medical' enough?
 11th of Jun, 2010 by   Amanda Hopper 0 Votes
I believe I can help clear up your confusion about Healthcare Recoveries and Trover Solutions.

Healthcare Recoveries is a division of Trover Solutions, Inc., a leading independent provider of claims recovery and cost containment solutions. Since 1988, our Healthcare Recoveries division has provided these services for private healthcare payers across the country. Trover also has another division, TransPaC Solutions, which serves the property and casualty insurance industry with similar services.

Healthcare Recoveries works with health plans to review medical services provided and/or paid claims that may have been the result of an accident or injury. Our company obtains detailed information from health plan members to determine if other parties may be responsible for medical treatments they have received. Your response to Healthcare Recoveries is an important part of your health plan’s cost management program.

If you are interested in learning more about our company, corporate information about Trover Solutions is available online at www.troversolutions.com. I hope these details eliminate any uncertainty regarding our identity and purpose. On behalf of your insurance company, we appreciate your time and attention.
 11th of Jun, 2010 by   cherub100 0 Votes
I know all I need to know about your company, and mine.
 10th of Jul, 2010 by   cherub100 0 Votes
Just received "3rd notice" from your company. Listen idiots, I've already given accurate information at time of admission to ER. I, repeat, I, already know WHO is responsible for my care. Kaiser, the company I, repeat, I, pay through the nose for. So what, you want to find a way to make the state pay? Go f*ck yourself!
 16th of Aug, 2010 by   Mee, neither 0 Votes
I received a similar letter and not going to respond. I am not going to spend any of my time helping health insurance and the

healthcare solutions get richer. I am not working for you, guys. You are working for me.
 26th of Aug, 2010 by   Pau +1 Votes
Okay, here is the solution to take care of these anoying ambulance chasers and get them to stop pestering you: You are going to have to talk to them once. Make everything up, names, places, details of the events in question, do not provide one factual statement. After they go chasing down the rabbit hole, they will get the message full on, and will leave you alone.
 30th of Aug, 2010 by   cherub100 0 Votes
Nope. I'm not legally obligated to waste my time answering their questions. Not gonna happen.
 2nd of Sep, 2010 by   cherub100 0 Votes
Well, apparently, according to Gibson & Sharps, PSC, on behalf of Kaiser/Healtcare Recoveries, I am legally obligated to answer the vultures inquiries. I received a letter today telling me so. Frankly, this is extremely upsetting to me. Last March my back gave out, I missed 6 weeks of work throwing me into a financially bog. I'm now making payments to Kaiser because I 'd foolishly opted for their deductible plan through my job. Now: I owe Kaiser $500, behind financially, and they hire firm to bother me about details, details already given at time of treatment of my injury.
Here's what part their scare letter says:
"Dear Member, This firm represents Kaiser Northern California and Heathcare Recoveries. You may wish to review your health plan contract to determine any legal obligation you might have to provide certain information in connection with the claim referenced above."
 2nd of Sep, 2010 by   cherub100 0 Votes
BTW, I no longer have Kaiser. Had to cancel due to money problems. I will never, under any circumstances, use Kaiser healthcare again. I'd rather die. P.S. Cheri Hall, I have zero intention of answering duplicate questions to your company or any other firm you deal with. What? Am I going to be arrested and sent to jail failing this?
 2nd of Sep, 2010 by   cherub100 0 Votes
Interesting. Just googled the law firm, found an interesting tid bit:

"I got the same letter. This is purely speculation on my part!
I don't think they are actually hired by BCBS. I suspect that they found a loophole in HIPAA that allows BCBS to sell contact information that a claim was paid out but not give details of the medical condition. Healthcare Recoveries probably pays BCBS a fee to obtain the list in hopes that they can receive a bounty for any recovered funds. A recovery may not come from the individual, but maybe a insurance payout for workman comp.

It seems similar to 3rd party debt collection efforts.

The wording of the letter is slickly crafted to make you think you need to take action. I'm sure that BCBS verified they are "legit" because Healthcare Recoveries pay a fee and is a customer of BCBS.

Very creative but still slimy."
 9th of Sep, 2010 by   eddieman 0 Votes
This was very helpfull. I too have been getting letters from Health care recoveries. I sent all my info to the insurance company and I do not Know why they would have to use a second party. I also received the letter from Gibson & Sharps Law Firm. I do not plan on calling them. I would like a copy of my plan that states I have to give my info to another campony. No where on the letter does it have my member number. I think that is strange. Don't you?
 13th of Sep, 2010 by   pansycritter 0 Votes
Gibson & Sharps, PSC, is located in the same building as Health Recoveries and Trover Solutions. What legitimate business would troll complaint sites and respond to complaints?

All in the same building is just to cozy. They are simply ambulance chasers.
 20th of Sep, 2010 by   Brussell 0 Votes
Got my "3rd AND FINAL NOTICE" two days ago from Ms. Hall. It states that my cooperation might be required by my contract with BCBS. If Healthcare Recoveries doesn't hear from me within 10 days, they will "refer this matter" to BCBS "for appropriate action."

I agree that their letters are slickly crafted. Their tactics should be given as much publicity as possible, and reputable firms like BCBS should be pressed not to cooperate with organizations (to the extent that they do cooperate -- the letters says that Healthcare Recoveries "represents" BCBS) that employ such tactics.
 21st of Sep, 2010 by   KY3 Democrat 0 Votes
I Just got a letter from "Humana c/o Trover Solutions Inc".. They seem to know about a medical procedure I had done on a certain date, but not what in particular. They also do not have my Humana ID or group number.

A note at the bottom of the page: "Inquiries made by Trover Solutions on behalf of your health care plan are in full compliance with HIPAA." Well, I've had to pass a HIPAA training course in order to prepare for a research class. And so I know, just 'cause you say you're HIPAA don't mean you're really HIPAA. HIPAA could be used as lever to pry Trover open, or a club to beat them down: there are a number of awfully ugly and inhumane historical facts that drives modern HIPAA laws and compliance.

Another amazing fact: The telephone number they ask me to call, 1-800-765-5247, identifies with a voice greeting of "Thank you for calling Humana Healthcare", then asks me to fill in the event number of the letter. The REAL Humana Healthcare service number can recognize you by your incoming phone number, birth date and zip code. Trover's answering machine is lying.

So Trover Solutions is really troving around. Their company name means "to find". I wonder if they are trying to find trouble? These guys are suspicious to me.. I'll see what Humana has to say.. Maybe they're in bed with these dogs, maybe Trover is tying to insert themselves into the situation. I would not put anything past Humana, though.. I had to sic a lawyer after them once after they denied a claim. At my place of work, we have legal insurance, believe it or not! I wouldn't *think* of dealing with Humana without a legal pit bull on a leash..
 30th of Sep, 2010 by   Ripoffbuster 0 Votes
What a bunch of ambulance chasers.
I have submitted a complete and detailed report to my pcp during my appointment. My pcp turn sent me to the hospital where again i submitted a complete and detailed intimate report to the technician upon admittance to the hospital.
Both of these agents submitted a complete and detailed reports to blue cross blue shield. These reports contained no accident information or reports because "i was not in an accident" so why in the h_ll do i need to send even more information to some agency that i know nothing about and that blue cross blue shield refuses to acknowledge. I have sent 5 emails to my blue cross blue shield provider through the website that i have to log into with my account number. They have not acknowledged you www. Troversolutions.com so that tells me you are a fraud.
 12th of Oct, 2010 by   cherub100 0 Votes
Yes! Spread the word!
 20th of Oct, 2010 by   desahntnik 0 Votes
Received my letter and landed on this page searching for info on the company. Contacted them and inquired why they would need additional info if they are working in conjunction w/ my service provider. Got a canned, scripted response that those records remained w/ the provider, but they need to VERIFY details they are not privy to to begin with..?

I told the rep "great - thanks for the info, it's obvious you have not been contracted by my SP. Remove my name from your data base, and do not contact me again." The rep thanked me for my time and said I would be removed.

I made this call from a VOIP phone, and gave only my first and last name and city of residence (they already have our mailing addy's).

A URL is also given https://responseform.hcrec.com Feel free to go there and give them all kinds of ficticious info;)
 28th of Oct, 2010 by   Cheri A. Hole 0 Votes
Bastards... Don't give them any of your info!! They, along with your healthcare provider, are not out to help you... they are in it for the $$$.
 14th of Dec, 2010 by   sku 0 Votes
We have received these letters for years. We have never responded and they shred just fine, like all the credit card offers we receive. :) The treatment dates that they list refer to regular check up appointments with our primary care doctors. No ER, no accident, no reason I would want to sue someone! So we ignore these . Go ahead and refer "this matter" to my local BCBS, they barely have time to answer real questions, much less come after us for "appropriate action". Frankly, I'm relieved when I receive the "Third and Final" letter, that means you won't be bothering me anymore.

The "No Credit Card" Diet