logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Pantothen website
Money has left my account but no product has arrived.
2. (46 mins ago)
Scam or Real?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

HDFC Credit Card Division Complaints & Reviews - Manager calls 3 times and continues to use foul language for payment

HDFC Credit Card Division Contacts & Informations

HDFC Credit Card Division

Posted:    Puneet/ Pun

Manager calls 3 times and continues to use foul language for payment

HDFC Credit Card Division
India
www.hdfc.com
Today dated 12th June a Bank Manger of the Credit card division gave 3 calls from the landline nos. 02040021071. He mentioned the name Dilip Deshkumar. Each call lasted for around 30 minutes. The first call was okay... But the second call was more like threatening to pay or... The third call the manager says me to come to the office and then pay it or he might come to pick me up for the same. At this I called my legal lawyer from Legal Pandits.com based in Mumbai Law Firm. My Lawyer, the name (Kept anonymous due to identity) alsias Thakkhar told me that on the third call whatever the manger said, I should launch a police complaint or an FIR against the name of the manger calling. The complete problem started when a abusive email was sent form HDF credit card division around 8 months before, which initiated me to stop making the regular payments. So far I have paid around 28, 000/- but still the outstanding shows as 41, 000. God knows how they calculate the interest. The irony is that I had called the call center to block my card immediately since I though it was stolen. But later I found the card, and the customer service did not remove the block saying that my outstanding amount was too high. I have not used this card for more than 9 months now and even after the payments made which i know would have summed up to 32, 000/- at least, my principal amount still stands at 30, 150/- I stopped payment when the bank started sending third party collections although I was regular with my payments and had exceed the amount way beyond I had used from the credit card.

The third party name "ARCOP ASSOCIATES" start sending collection boys at my residence and they used all kinds of abusive language one can know. A few days say around 25 days ago, the frequency of the guy coming for collection has increased from one per day to 7 times in a single day, and every time they come in a different pair. I there fore have decided to lodge a formal complaint against the third party collection agency "VIKAS ASSOCIATES' and drag HDFC bank to count because of the abusive email sent by an HDFC employee himself working with the collections department.

After this the third party collection stopped coming, and now the telephonic threating has been started by the HDFC credit card dept. I have three credit cards in total, CitiGold, ICICI Gold, and this HDFC silver... I have no outstanding without the Citibank nor ICICI, but I am not going pay to HDFC unless and until I don't receive a statement, that shows the complete amount paid by me till date.

The Manager is not ready, so it is now a check mate situation and hence proceeding for legal processing against HDFC credit card shortly.
Comments India Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Nov, 2008 by   a v ramana 0 Votes
my credit card sattelement immidiatly
 11th of Dec, 2010 by   deb smart 0 Votes
dear sir,
with your kind information that i have recieved one gold credit card having ending no.2627 that i have applied with my name DEBASISH CHOUDHURY but in my card that is coding with DEBASISH CHOWDARY.so i want to change my name on card.

address:
debasish choudhury
senior executive in QA
Dr Reddys lab, Hyderabad
Unit III, Bachupally(Generics)
 21st of Jan, 2011 by   Mithesh 0 Votes
Yes I faced the same harrowing experience..

My mail is as follows. It is good to take legal action as the Bank and especially the collection agents tend to take people for granted and Mentally Harass which itself is illegal. Inspite of these guys extracting so much of Interest and other miscellany charges as an overhead they HARASS which is very bad... and not acceptable. We should not pay any money to these guys and lodge our claims against the Bank.. and drag such scruple less agents and bank to the Consumer Court..

To

The Branch Head
Credit Card division
HDFC Bank

Sub : Harassment to my family members

Dear Sir/Mam,

My credit card with no 4346781005796487 needs to be settled.

I have been troubled enough by your collection executives and cannot take this anymore. I am really upset with the way your executives behave and treat my family members who are not involved in my transactions. Several times I have asked your guys to call me for any issues . I am currently in the US and want to settle the dues and wanted a statement although this was somebody else transaction done on my card and not mine but still am paying for it.. OUT OF MY POCKET.. for helping a NEEDY... I was supposed to receive that money but I havent and hence I had to stagger the payment...

that apart.. being my personal issue and reason for staggered payment out of which bank still gained a lot as interest earnings.. and other charges ...STILL the bank/ collection agents seem to act a little cranky to extract payments while I have no intentions to skip on the payments...but wanted to settle it anywhich ways.Since I am in the US so it has been difficult for me to co-ordinate about the payments while I have instructed your agents to call me for any issues and have addressed it suitably whenever they called me..

I dont understand why the hell my family is being subject to so much of torture and I will lodge my claim against your bank for the damage and mental harrasment caused to my family.

I want this to settle in good order and amicably but if the bank does not care about Human sentiments then unfortunately I will have to take an alternative route where in I DONT PAY THE OUTSTANDING AND FILE A CASE AGAINST THE BANK FOR MENTAL HARASSMENT AND TORTURE .

Besides the bank has piled on enough interest on my CC payment and I have been paying it still if my family and myself are subjected to torture then I really dont care about paying the remaining amount and rather will file a suit and and a PIL on behalf of various others who are going through similar harrowing experience .

I WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY FURTHER NON SENSE BY THE COLLECTION EXECUTIVES AND WANT TO RETURN THE OUTSTANDINGS AND MIND YOU THIS TIME I WANT YOU TO CUT DOWN ALL THAT INTEREST AND GIVE ME A LEGITIMATE AMOUNT THAT I NEED TO PAY.

KINDLY SEND ME A STATEMENT AND I WILL DO THE PAYMENT BY 3RD OF FEB 2010. IF I GET ANY ADDITIONAL CALL OR ANY PERSON BUGGING MY FAMILY ANYMORE I WILL JUST INSTRUCT THEM NOT TO ENTERTAIN YOU GUYS AND DO WHATEVER YOU WANT I CAN ASSURE YOU THE BANK WILL NOT GET A SINGLE PENNY AND ON THE CONTRARY I WILL MAKE THE BANK TO PAY OUT OF ITS NOSE...

Every individual has a level of patience please dont get on nerves and make the customer take drastic measures there are several people who tolerate it but I cannot any more its gone beyond my tolerance limit.

I have done such similar complains in the past and made the companies pay you want to try me.. please take your course of action and I will take mine.

I urge you to address my grievance suitably before I go to extreme measures which wont be pleasant for both parties .

Regards,
Mithesh K
 24th of May, 2011 by   Parth1986 0 Votes
I agree, the HDFC Credit Caard divison is pathetic and custome service is just for name sake...
 27th of Jun, 2011 by   naveen srivastava -1 Votes
Sir,

i name is naveen srivatava i have a credit card of your bank but i am a poor family belong. i have a pracahas of 160000 of your credit card shopping . but i am not give the full payment of credit card. so your hdFC bank is tell me the stalemate of your amount.i am say OK. but i have pay minim 2000.1900 pay of per month. so this time is June is last payment of my. my payment due to 10000. your statement. but i have no money this time i am say your customer card person is your all pay is canceled your pay the next month pay of rs 10000. so what i am do. i am vary poor family . pls solved me my problems . tell me . some solutions
 29th of Jun, 2011 by   Customer Assistance HDFC Bank 0 Votes
Dear customer,

We would be glad to assist you in the matter of settling your credit card dues. However, we would require a few additional details to look into your issue. We request you to write to talktous@hdfcbank.com with your credit card details and the reference number TTU000337228062011. We will respond once we receive this information.

Regards, Customer Assistance, HDFC Bank
 14th of Sep, 2011 by   nishi294 0 Votes
I dont understand why you people not get united by sharing ur email id and giving ur names and numbers and then finally lodge a complaint against these people. We people are giving them chance to harass others as well, if we wont get united and file a joint complaint against this harassment nothing will happen. And beleive me no police can ignore the complaints made by 200-300 people against one bank credit card division. Drag them to court and punish them so that they dare to repeat this act again.
 19th of Dec, 2012 by   shaktippc 0 Votes
Dear All,
I would like to say one thing only that we can cheated by these credit card owners just because of our lack of knowledge regard how to use it and full terms and conditions only. So i request to all credit card users that before taking and use any credit card first of all pleas go through the terms and conditions in deep.
Regards,