logo

Posted:    Chris Dickins

SCAM GOLDEN ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS

HARRISTON GROUP
United Kingdom
Unsolicited mail informing recipient that they have won a "Golden Achievement Award" from a Hamilton Scott Executive Awards Director of the Group. They don't tell you what award you are the recipient of but ask you send £19.95 registration fee. They are a PO Box in The Netherlands. I supect it is another scam and so am warning anyone who gets such unsolicited mail. It must be connected to the same group that have operated from The States as it follows a similar pattern. Don't be fooled
Comments United Kingdom Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Jun, 2010 by   Wanda Neubert 0 Votes
I just got one of these in the mail. Thank you for the above information. I am filing it under "T for Trash." I have already been scammed a whole lot of times, so this information is greatly appreciated.
 8th of Jun, 2010 by   loobylou17 0 Votes
I have had several letters from these people, the most recent being today, and I thought that, as they are so persistent, maybe there is something in it after all. I became suspicious when I saw their return address was the Netherlands (the home of many scammers), so decided to check up on them. I am so glad I found this site, as it has stopped me from being the victim of yet another scam. Thanks for all the information.
 19th of Jul, 2010 by   TitaniumRey 0 Votes
well well well just got one and its from Washington Utah. here in the states. seems just a lil strange? and there asking for a $25 registration fee. Trash is sounding pretty smart right about now. ThankU all
 27th of Jul, 2010 by   Callie Tindall 0 Votes
I also received a Golden Achievement Award from the Washington, UT. address. I suspected something because they say you won this award but don't tell you anything else . Thanks for the info.
 14th of Sep, 2010 by   weregonnamakeit 0 Votes
Yeah, I have received several of these kinds of letters from not only this group but several others. Groups pretending to be an order of knights another pretending to be a secret order of the Illuminati. But they all had one thing in common. They needed my money, oh just to register me or to take care of recording and handling. These cons are preying on the poorest in society, knowing how desperate these poor folk are.

They will get their REWARD.
 16th of Sep, 2010 by   rose reynolds 0 Votes
I recieved one of these golden achievement awards in the mail asking me to send $25 to them@ a p/o box in washington, utah. I am glad that I took the time to look this up. we need to bind together and stop this kind of thing happening to innocent people.
 10th of Nov, 2010 by   David Murry 0 Votes
I have recieved several of these acheivment awards over the past several years, how many times can one win such an award ? scam scam scam, 25 bucks to send them for registration fee and processing my award and no info about what that award might entail, I pitty anyone who would send these people money, I am as desporate as the next guy but if it smells like a scam and looks like a scam then it is a scam...
 2nd of Dec, 2010 by   Alexandra G. 0 Votes
I also received the same as all the above from Washington, UT 84780. Is there really a town/city named Washington in UT??? I also received another one just about the same (from the same place-just a different PO Box) called "The Angel Fellowship"; they also ask for $25.00. Has anyone heard from them as well? I think UT is probably the SCAM CAPITAL of America!!! We probably too trusting of people and want to believe that something good COULD actually happen to us. Everyone beware!!!
 5th of Jan, 2011 by   Msedbm 0 Votes
The postal police should revote these postal permits number 3122 for mail fraud. I received the same mailing from Harriston Group requesting 25.00 for their Golden Acheivement Award from a Hamilton Scott . The letter was post mark in Las Vegas but they want you to send the 25.00 to a po box 576, Washington UT 84780.
I dont know how these people got my name, but I know I will not be sending them not one cent, any time they
ask you for money look out it is a scam to get money from you. Scam me once it on you, Scam me twice it's on me. I WOULD NOT SEND HARRISTON GROUP NO MONEY AT ALL, IF THEY HAD SOMETHING FOR YOU THEY WOULD HAVE SENT IT TO YOU WHEN THEY SENT YOU THAT LETTER.
 10th of Feb, 2011 by   Amyjsmith 0 Votes
I have just recieved a letter like that but it is from the Winforth Group from a gentleman by the name of James Edwards. Watch put for this one it is mentioning famous names such as Elvis Presley, Pope John Paul II, Pricess Di, Mother Teresa, Albert Schweitzer, and Maurice Chevalier to suck you in. The return postal address is also a PO Box number in the Netherlands, how coincidental.
 12th of Feb, 2011 by   anitawolflady@aol.com 0 Votes
I got one of these too.I, m just now finding out this is a scam.Boy am I pissed.We need to but the word out to all on these people.I work to hard for my money And I am sure others have too.This is so wrong.Who ever is doing this needs to be but behind bars and made to paid ever dime back.Lets kick their buts to the curve
 30th of Jul, 2011 by   Neneblue 0 Votes
I received one of these letters from the Harriston Group and had a feeling that it was something good, and my spirit told me to check it out online before I send the 25bucks for the Golden Achievement awards. I researched and have read about how this is a scam has anyone ever sent in the fees and got something back in return and what was it, I like to know more and why is this allowed in america, I feel that this company needs to also know what is being done to consumers concerning the name of their company the Harriston Group. from what I've researced online, it's pertains to nothing as is written on the form as you/I being a award recipent. This has changed my spirit as to how un truthful and unfrutiful to this lawless opressor(s) to the human race of hard working God fearing Peoples of the world over. Let No Weapon Form agains Me Prosper!
 23rd of Sep, 2011 by   devonvon008 0 Votes
yessir!!!. just received one too. Harriston group/golden Acheivement Award. DIRECTLY OUT OF WASHINGTON UTAH, was skeptical, so I googled it. And sure enough...There ought to be a law against these kind of scams. 25.00 fee_ no way. This type of notice prompted me to investigate, the reason being that I always read the small print *or disclosure on the reverse of advertisments. But when I found none, a red flag lit up in my head. Definite NO NO!!
 4th of Jan, 2012 by   Alana P. Oliver 0 Votes
My comment: January 3, 2012, I received the letter of notification and of my approval in to the Harriston Group. They are awaiting my reply an my @25.00 registration fee to cover all fo the admin. fee and cost of notification and preparing my award . I have never heard of this scam and I knew it as soon as I saw the mailing address it has Airmail p.o. box 4072 2 Connaught Place, Hong Kong, General Post Office. Permin No. 2206. I have never heard of this group of thieves, or con's samething;, but They wanted ato send me an award. Approved by Hamilton Scott., well old Hammy can kiss a good one. No money from me!!! How do you llke me know HamBone!! alana1oliver
 7th of Jun, 2012 by   James thygesen 0 Votes
I've recieved a harriston group golden achievement award, but if i feel funny about a offer be made to me I go to my computer and look them up. most of the offerings I get are scams, but I wish the governmant would do something about these criminals, but I have little faith in politichcans to do anything, so if you get something that does not feel look it up on a computer.
 7th of Jun, 2012 by   mary c fletcher 0 Votes
yes my name is mary fletcher i got a check for 1, 499.85 an i cant do anythink with it it from w.m.horizon infocus group now if the check is real i coa used the money to pay on my car so tell me if i can put the money on my car are 1000 of it anyway an the rest on my house an take care of my dauther
 14th of Jul, 2012 by   88 lives 0 Votes
Hi just got mail from harriston group. saying I am approved for golden achievement award and to send money to release my benefits and assistance doctrine will be expedited soon as they receive this signed award document they went as far to put god in this executive award director Hamilton Scott, no internet site red flag weird mailing address PO.box 576 Washington ut. 84780 please let me know are they the same group of frogs this is a big scam
 29th of Jul, 2012 by   L Mitchell 0 Votes
I have talked to the police and the FBI about some of these phone scams and they both told me the same thing, when you have won money of any kind you never have to pay one penny for anything, if they want money for any reason they are a scam!
LM
 4th of Aug, 2012 by   Ms.Sunshine 0 Votes
Received a letter from The Angel Fellowship, on 08/03/2012 with return address on the envelope to send your $25. of P.O. Box 578, Washington, UT 84780. Now the letter is signed by Gabriella Dumais, the "Award Coordinator." It states that I was chosen out of 50k candidates to receive a 2012 Personal Assistance Award. I even have a File# 60545853738! I also could use a little help financially, but my "Guardian Angel, " whispered to check the Utah BBB to see if they are legit or not. Their letter states they are a Privately Funded organization "To provide Personal Assistance to worthy, everyday people like yourself. Assistance that would help them achieve some of their most cherished dreams. Home ownership. Education for their children. A comfortable retirement." WELL...I checked online with the UTAH STATE BBB, THEY ARE NOT A REGISTERED NON PROFIT AND THEY AREN'T IN UTAH EITHER! THEY REPEATEDLY ASKED THEM FOR INFO WITH NO REPLY. THEY BELIEVE THEY ARE IN NV. AND THEY AREN'T REGISTERED WITH THE IRS AS A NON PROFIT CHARITY!!! DON'T GIVE THEM A DIME! Have a Blessed Day! :) Ms.Sunshine
 11th of Mar, 2013 by   nancyo 0 Votes
i received one of these also. glad i checked it out. There was a group on C Span recently, asking that you notify them of any such scams. Sorry I didn't write down information. They want you to report these scams and they will shut them down. Can someone check this out & report them? nancyo 154@ hot mail.com

Online Shoppers Warned About '12 Scams of Christmas'

Latest Groups