logo

Booking.com
False / misleading quotation
3. (35 mins ago)
Mango Pure
Cannot get ahold of company to cancel
4. (36 mins ago)

Posted:    babbsalot

Harassment

Harley Davidson
Wisconsin
I bought a Harley Davidson motorcycle through Harley Davidson financial services. My payment is $465 a month and I have had the bike a little over a year. I pay my bill every month but there are times I pay late. I pay my bill online and was not aware that there were two late payments that I did not pay. Harley financial looked up my neighbors in the white pages and contacted two that I know of and asked them to tell me to call them because I would not answer the phone. They called them several times until they finally answered the phone. My neighbors contacted me because they wanted me to know that were being harassed by MY creditor. I contacted Harley to find out that they were hunting me down for late fees that totaled $80. Is this legal for them to contact my neighbors and harass them to contact me??
Comments United States Motorcycles & Scooters
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Jun, 2010 by   AnnieNuno 0 Votes
Dawniette is a Troll...ignore her/him/it.
 22nd of Aug, 2010 by   Cap'm Redneck 0 Votes
Actualy there is a law in place that states what they are doing is elegal for that typ of harassment. They actualy do not have the right to harass your neighbors to find you. Whether or not you are in the wrong is your problem. However they can contact the other people you put on the lone info and bug them to get in touch with you. All the people that are saying this is legal have either more money than you and I do or thier parents are paying the bill for them. What Harley-Davidson Financial Services is doing is very elegal.
 2nd of May, 2011 by   Frank Enrico +1 Votes
We made 70 payments out of 72 when harley decided to put $500 more on the account, because we were late 6 times in 6 years. I offered to pay the bike off in December 2010, but we had 5 payments left and they would not take off any interest to pay it off early so it was in our best interest to just pay the rest of the payments. Then 2 months later they decided to tack some interest on and they said if we don't pay it in one lump sum, they will come to pick the bike up. After 6 years of of abuse from harley we are taking them to court, wish me luck.. The worst Co. I ever financed threw. This is why our country is falling apart I have bought at least 25 cars, 2 boats, 2 motorcycles, 3 businesses etc... I never had an experience this bad !!!
 4th of May, 2011 by   eddie050 0 Votes
here is what happened to me. I was late on my payments, but made them up. Harley Davison took my bike back and sold it for less than what was owed. They then turned everything over to a collection agency and but down on my three credit bueaur reports that they charged-off the account. The collection agency said if I made a partial payement they would ensure Harley Davison reflected that on my reports. I did this but to this date nothing has changed. It should be against the law to sell an account and show that account is in arrears while all the time they actually had gotten paid on the account.
 15th of May, 2012 by   Redcorn71 0 Votes
I had my Harley repoed in '08. I had bought it in early '07, and then fell on hard times. They told me if I fell 2 months behind they would start to take action. They would call me if I was 1 day late. The letters would come at 15 days. (This happened on 2 occasions). Then on day 61, they took the bike. I am willing to concede that part.
When the collection agency got on me about the balance due, because they sold the bike at auction for far less than it was worth, I made arrangements to pay them back, but they would call me and were really condescending and judgmental toward me. After 9 months of payments, they offered me a settlement, and considered it satisfied. This was late 2010. Here it is 2012, and I just got a call saying I still owe money to Harley Davidson. What is going on? Does nobody do their job anymore?
 20th of Jan, 2013 by   Greyfoxvt 0 Votes
I have a loan through Harley Finance, and like previous comments, I too pay my bill every month, once I was late, but paid It up and continue to make payments normally. This past Friday (15th), my payment was due, but since I was working I did not get to it, Now it is Sunday morning and the assholes are calling me three time already to collect the payment. I am two days late sine it is the weekend, but I plan on making payment on Monday, but with this type of crappy customer service, and will not make the payment for another 10 days since they are harassing me so much for being late 2 days. This is a very poor organization and it has ruthless tactics for harassment. I will never purchase another Harley Davidson with this organization ever again, and cannot wait till this one is paid in full to get these sleazebag's off my case, and out of my life!
 20th of Jan, 2013 by   Why The Long Faces 0 Votes
It is called a reverse lookup and yes they can ask your neighbor to have you call them. What they can not do is discuss your account in any way with your neighbor. Now you admit to paying late, so how would you not know you have a late fee? And you claim they are harassing you, but I am willing to bet your still climb on that bike and ride it, don't you? Since you have broken your legally binding contract by being late, did you know that they can demand payment in full? And that being late even one payment can legally allow them to take the bike?

Instead of writing online claiming harassment for a business who is in the right to expect payment on time, perhaps you should stop dodging their phone calls and pay what you owe.
 29th of Dec, 2013 by   metalsmith 0 Votes
HD Finance is the worst ever for customer care. There are times that customers will be late due to various reasons. However, being late does not give HDF the right to constantly badger the customer. I send my payments by check. Many times I receive notices combined with harassing phone calls. HDF are given check numbers and dates written. I have to call and tell them to back off. 100% of the time, after a long hold on the phone, the agent will come back on and state that they are sorry for the inconvenience and that the payment had been found and had been paid. When my statement arrives, I have been charged late fees. Of course, this happens to scores of HDF customers. I am now wanting to pay off the bike online, bur Harley Finance wants to charge $12.00 for every $2500.00 paid online. So my wife sent a check instead 2 weeks ago .Harley now says they never received it and are charging late fees. I have learned to not ever finance through HD again. Just horrible.

Avoid Online Dating Scam!

Latest Groups