logo

Edressit
Con artists
4. (1 hr 5 mins ago)
hackhimnow.com
They started to steal from me
5. (1 hr 13 mins ago)

Hardees Contacts & Informations

Hardees

Posted:    Mark Regan

Poor Service

I have been a loyal customer of Hardees in Myrtle Beach and Columbia SC, Charlotte, NC, and Chattanooga, TN, eating there nearly every morning for 25 years. Until several years ago, when I had occasion to travel into Alabama and had the misfortune to stop, as usual, at Hardees.

I pulled up to the drive-through at Hardees in Bridgeport, AL and ordered a sausage biscuit with mustard, and they handed me a bag containing a sausage biscuit. I was three miles down the road before I opened the wrapper, and realized that they had neither put mustard on the biscuit, nor put a mustard pack into the bag.

So I returned to the restaurant and went inside and asked the surly clerk who had waited on me if I could please speak to the manager. After a five minute wait, a pleasant looking manager spoke to me and I showed here the sausage biscuit and bag and absence of mustard. She politely apologized, and took the bag from me, went into the back and returned the bag to me and said she he had taken care of that problem, and smiled again, and I left the store feeling that my problem had been taken care of satisfactorily.

A mile away from the store, I opened the bag and pulled out my now cold sausage biscuit, unwrapped it, and found mustard leaking from every portion of the circumference of the biscuit.

Obviously, the biscuit now contained more mustard by weight than sausage. I returned to the restaurant, obtained a comment card, and completed and mailed it and got no reply from either the franchisee or franchisor.

Three years later I have still not gotten an apology from Hardees, and I have taken my business elsewhere. I estimate that I have reduced Hardees gross revenue by $4500 since this happened, and I would bet that the franchisee who hired the smiling manager still doesn't give a rip about his customer's satisfaction with their service levels in Bridgeport. (Where Hardees is the ONLY fast food restaurant.)

I smile every time I pass through that town, however, since every single person I meet there is told my "mustard story", and they tell similar tales about their experiences there, and explain that the guy who owns the franchise doesn't care because he sleeps with the manager. So much for franchise standards and quality assurance at Hardees.
Comments United States Fast Food Restaurants
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Jun, 2007 by   Terri Pagliaro 0 Votes
Hardees is also the only fast food chain available in Belhaven NC and I have been there three times in two years. Each time I attempt to eat there I am assured that new management has taken over and my experience will be satisfactory. However I am now certain that regardless of management the Belhaven NC Hardees will NEVER provide edible fast food or remotely courteous service. My last attempt at the drive-thru I was told to "slow down" my order which I was reading and double checking slowly to begin with due to my already wary attitude of the Hardees employees capabilities. I then stated flatly that I would be happy to come inside and read my order "slowly to the manager". This of coarse was taken as an inflammatory comment by the young woman who was manning the drive-through. Upon my entrance to the store I immediately saw the manager up front taking orders at the counter. I did not however go into my complaint. I simply gave him my order and he filled it accordingly. While he was filling it the offending employee assumed I had made my complaint and began to tell her "side of the story" to the manager. To my delight she told on herself and then began pointing fingers at me, calling nasty names and making threatening motions towards me. I was in disbelief! The name calling became racial and very absurd. It got to the point that the employee in question started to move towards the customer side of the counter at me. That was when the manager had to physically restrain her. I still had not said anything more than my order. Once she was removed from the front of the store to the office the manager returned, then carried out my order to my car and said nothing. At that point I could not hold my tongue any longer, and while thanked him I then explained what had actually happened. He finally spoke. Without an apology he said " she would be fired". He never offered anything for my trouble or invited me to contact his supervisors or anything.

That sealed the deal! I will NEVER patronize Hardees again!
 16th of Jun, 2007 by   benjanin buffington +1 Votes
We are also loyal hardee's customers. We were visiting the fountain inn store at 100 chevy dr. at 10:58 am. We were told that we could not order off the lunch menu, until 11:00am we asked if we could place our order and wait. We were told no, that they were not ready. We can see that the service at hardee's is declining, even at the web site it would not let us post an e-mail. Its to bad to see a once good company go bad.
 16th of Jun, 2008 by   jhon 0 Votes
you dont need hardees anyway. you probally need to eat healther anyway. its only mustard lady, get alife. you spen more money on gas going back for mustard than the biscuit..that is soo dumb. You need to stop going to fast food anyway and make your own breakfast. its not like they care about you.
 14th of Jul, 2008 by   james chancey 0 Votes
i live in ducktown, tenn.. the hardee's restaurant here has a terrible time having biscuits...they are always saying it will be just a few minutes, we are waiting on the biscuits...most of the time a lot of people just leave because they don't have time to wait. hardee's needs to fix this problem...

james chancey
Hardee's at ducktown, tenn.
 9th of Aug, 2008 by   someone 0 Votes
I work at hardees in tn and i just want to say that we do have a wait time on biscuits. We are only human and can fill so many orders at once. While most people are understanding unless you work in the food industry you do not realize how stressful it can be. Hardees is not "fast food" anymore we make our food to order and it does take time. Also it is veryeasy to get mixed up on an order when your taking so many at once and trying to provide good customer service. I feel that people need to be more understanding instead of complaining. We do our best and its all we can do. We always want our customers to have a great experience.
 14th of Sep, 2008 by   rick 0 Votes
hardees should know that there burgers and overal food is much better than mcdonalds but there service in the above town is very much below average. mcdonalds has a food service 100 feet below hardees but get all the service because it takes hardees 40 min to service 3 people . how can poor management be overlooked for serveral years is uncalled for
 4th of Oct, 2008 by   cindy hines 0 Votes
I stopped by Hardees to pick up 2 red burrito salads and 2 little big burgers. I placed my order and 30 mins. later I was getting my order. A gentleman came in after me, ordered got his order sat down and ate and I was still waiting for my order. The gentleman came to get a refill and spoke to one of the people working there about my order. I finally got my order by the time I got home which is maybe 7 mins. from the restraunt. The food was cold and one of the salads was put into the box sideways so I had to put the salad back together. While waiting for my order people started filing in and many of them left because they could not get waited on. The young lady that waited on my stayed in the back almost the entire time I was waiting on my order. I thought the service was extremely poor the time I had to wait was unreal. And the food was not that great since it gotten cold. You would think with the prices and the economy the way it is service would be a little better and the food would be fit to eat. When I arrived at the Hardees I was the only one there to order at that time so I still do not understand why I had to wait 30 mins. Once I received my order the young lady did even apologize for my wait and more or less throwed the bag at me.
 4th of Oct, 2008 by   c.g. 0 Votes
Concerning the Hardees in Chapin, SC - I was in the drive thru for 15 minutes so came inside to order. I was ignored for another 10 minutes before a very angry man took my order and had me wait another 20 minutes to receive it. While I was waiting I noticed how disgustingly filthy the place was. Grime on the walls, dirty floors, just gross. I don't know how it ever received an A rating. No one ever smiled. Everyone was rude. The manager was the only one cooking, so I asked that my comments be relayed to her. She heard me of course, and never looked at me. I will never go there again, but I'll bet the rats do. Being short staffed is one thing, being rude and filthy is quite another. I hope the manager gets this complaint and gets her business in order. Watching the poor old woman next to me, who could hardly walk get ignored, made me wonder what this woman will feel like when it is HER that becomes invisible one day. Shame.
 10th of Oct, 2008 by   cadkins 0 Votes
10-11-2008
I went through the drive through, put in my order, there was 2 other cars in front of me. The lead car must have had 5 or 6 orders. Instead of having that car to pull over until the order were filled, we had to wait. I sat at least 10-14 minutes. I finally pulled in front of the store and went in to get my order.
I spoke to the manager on duty and explained what I thought was unfair practice. I told her right off that I wasn't being rude, but I got tired of waiting. I thought that as a couresty that they should have had that driver to pull to the side and have someone to take the order out to them. But she felt it was my place to wait until all of that customers order were ready no matter how long it took. Again I did tell her that I wasn't being rude, but I felt that I wanted to let her know how I felt. My expiences with other fast food stores I find this is how they practice their service maybe Hardees doesn't.
Thank you for allowing me to express my experince with you.
CA
 23rd of Oct, 2008 by   james belk 0 Votes
those people are under alot of stress, they have a job to do that dosent have anything to do with a customer. If you are so classy that you travel every where and have more time to complain and can drive back twice to complain makes it obvious that you do not have enough to do with your time. why dont you cook for yourself or visit the the more classier places to get your food just right, instead of a damn biscuite.CLOWN
 14th of Nov, 2008 by   hymie_ratburger 0 Votes
dude, you ate $4500 worth of Hardees food in three years? maybe you should rethink your diet
 30th of Jan, 2009 by   JONATHANZZ 0 Votes
I can't help what other hardee's do.
I work at hardees in Easley, Sc.

We do more for customer satisfaction then any other fast-food restaurant.
I can't imagine someone waiting 30 minuets for there food.

We've been cussed out for 5 min.
Some people are just too impatient and should really prepare there own breakfast if they can't wait.

Also would you smile every 5 sec. if you were stuck on the back line working by yourself with rude customers watching your every move
and griping becuase it took them five minuets to make there steak egg and cheese..

One against 1000 orders.
YOU CAN WAIT FIVE MINUETS.
 8th of May, 2009 by   Erica936 0 Votes
At 2:07 I pulled up to the Hardees on South Main Street in Kernerville and ordered a 3 pc chicken strip combo. First mistake, the lady did not ask me what I wanted to drink before asking me if I completed my order. I proceeded to telling her what I wanted to drink. She asked me if I would like two apple pies for a dollar, I said yes. Then I proceede to the window and waited a good 3 minutes before getting my beverage. Then the girl opened the window and asked me what I had ordered, I told her again. She closed the window and came back with my drink and told me to pull up to the parking space and wait. I waited another 12 minutes and the same lady brought out my food, again asking me if I had chicken strips. I said "yes" again. She apologized for taking so long and told me that the guys didn't drop the chicken strips when she told them to. She told me that she had given me a medium fries instead of a small to make up for it...but I had ordered medium so I didn't get anything making up for the problem. And to top it off, they forgot to give me my two apple pies in which I had paid for. I was not going back through the line only to wait on them again to get the rest of the food, even thought I paid for it. This situation was absolutely ridiculous. I was not pleased with this Hardees at all. Even the lady behind me was yelling at this girl because she messed up her order. I will never return to this Hrdees again.
 9th of Jul, 2009 by   simba123 0 Votes
Almost all Hardees are the same, very poor service, staff that coul;d care less about you, managers who are usually under 20 and don't care either. Corporate managers who don't answer complaints and don't make managers or staff accountable. Too bad, the hamburgers are pretty good but I will not go there again. I don't see how they stay in business.
 9th of Jul, 2009 by   binder 0 Votes
Every day for 25 years? I would commend you for not eating there anymore, since now you must be in better shape...but part of me knows better and you've probably found some other toxic waste eatery to patronize.

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder; it's been over three years and you're still harping. Since when does "ommission of condiment" fall under the "must take matter up with manager" category? Just ask for a side of mustard and move on with your life. Things are gonna be ok.
 8th of Oct, 2009 by   spearta 0 Votes
I enjoy hardees fast and convenient foods. Hhowever, following certain events recently I will not return to the chain restaurant located at the West Indianapolis site. My office is a considerable way from the restaurant but I found that I could stop there for lunch and went thru the drive thru. I went specifically to try the New Big Hardee. Upon returning to the office, I was not pleaseed with the order and called the manager at the number listed on the receipt. She was not exactly pleasant and inisisted the burger was the way I had ordered (minus sauce and add extra mustard). Finally, it was agreed that she would replace the order at a later date. I gave my name and the approximate time I could return which was the following week. The next Friday at the drive thru I was questioned about the order and received a sandwich, the Big Hardee. I arrived home (in the opposite direction now) and opened the order. This sandwich was spewing mustard from the wrapper and the it was drenched inside and out. It was not edible as it was. Maybe some people do not like mustard but they should be able to recognize the difference between no mustard and extra mustard without taking it out on the customer. I did not return the sandwich nor call the next manager on duty.
Theresa -still haven't tried the Big Hardee :(
theresa.spears@alcoa.com
 5th of Feb, 2010 by   Mr2Real 0 Votes
Hardee's is a nasty dump here in Batesville, AR. The whole work crew is white trash. Even the main manager has a mouth full of rotten teeth and weighs 300+ lbs. I ordered two bacon egg cheese biscuits with extra bacon and one med. soda. The total was $11.58. Apparently they charged $1.58 X2 for the bacon which they failed to put on the biscuits. When I complained about the bacon and price, they gave me a small side of bacon. Now, I have a GI virus with 30 minutes of eating the food. Don't both wasting your time at Hardee's, they can't hang with MD's even on there best days.
 19th of Apr, 2010 by   margaret loveless 0 Votes
I used to love to eat at hardees but the service is lousy and they are always out of something. I order crispy bacon and always get rubber looking bacon and the biscuits are half raw. I order a special way and they reach and get one thats been laying for lord knows how long.
 9th of Dec, 2010 by   millerraysr 0 Votes
everyone needs to understand fast food is just that. Good service comes from real restaraunts. you get what you pay for. Hardees is not a restaraunt based on customer satisfaction just volume.
 5th of Jun, 2011 by   porich 0 Votes
Thi was the third time I was in this Hardees and they got my order wrong. To day they got my order wrong two times. My wife and I could not rember why we did not go to Hardees more often.Once we got the order we rembered why. I think it will be a long time before we go to another Hardees.

Apple iPad 2: Thiner, Lighter, Faster