Hampton Bay

Outside solar lamps Model #79339 79330

On 23 Jun I purchased a set of six outside solar lamps Model #79339 79330. I installed the units on 24 Jun and they worked fine but on 26 Jun one of the lamps was very dim. I tool it apart and checked and one of the batteries would only charge to .4 volts and the other would only charge to 1.0 volts. I put the batteries in a separate charger and had the same problem. I called the number 1-800-283-6607 and got a message all was bush to leave a message, I did. After a day with no answer I sent an email to service@gpwarranty.com and the message was returned as undeliverable. I called again and left another message and have had no call back. In the time I was waiting for a call back or answer to my email I purchased a set of Ni-Cad batteries put them in the unit re-installed and Sunday night 2 Jul the lamps looked good but Monday night 3 Jul the same problem, needed a flashlight to see if the lamp was on. Something, have no idea what is wrong with the charging circuit as the new batteries exhibit the same problem. Since the web page and the email address listed on the warranty papers aren't available and the phone number I called doesn't return my call I Google Hampton Bay and arrived here. Can you get me a solution to my problem or direct me to where I can get a solution? Thank you.

My home at El Paso, TX. 79925-6639
Was the above complaint useful?

11th of Sep, 2006 by    0 Votes
I have bought Hampton Bay low voltage light fixtures. I have two complaints.

First the bulbs have a very low life expectancy.

Second the design of the low voltage fixture is a spring on each side of the fixture. Each time an fixture is removed from the ceiling it breaks away some of the dry wall. The problem is that the rim of the product does not cover the damaged drywall. I would suggest that your product come with a ring that would permanently stay in the ceiling and the fixture with then spring against this plastic (or metal) ring and not continue to damage the ceiling as the bulbs burn out.
 24th of Apr, 2007 by    0 Votes
I purchased a solar light set Model #10396 on 4-20-07 which consists of 6 lamps and 2 spotlights. I installed them on 4-23-07 and found one of the lamps to have a broken cap and a crack in the plastic lens. I called the warranty dept. this morning 4-24-07 and explained the problem and the person stated you don't stock parts and would take 3 months to replace. Home depot will not replace one light.

Your warranty stats that you have prompt shipment of defective parts. I don't think 3 months is prompt.
Please let me know what I can do about this matter.

Thank you C. Shon
 26th of Apr, 2007 by    0 Votes

Hampton Bay - Rude employees

I have tried now since the end of March 2007 to get a starter solenoid for a ceiling fan, and both times I have called, the women that I have spoke to have been extremely rude. To this date I still dont have the starter solenoid that I need. If I don't get it this time I will take the fan down and go purchase a Hunter. I promise I will never by another Hampton Bay product.
 7th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes
Plastic stakes bend when you try to put them in the ground.
 10th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes
Last year I bought 36 inch ceiling fan from Home Depot in Hollywood. This model takes regular bulbs. The numbers I see on the motor is 0091329 and 0606. I like the fan very much. Unfortunately, one week ago the fan stopped working. Since I needed the fan, I just bought the same 36 inch fan but this one takes special bulbs. I understand the fan has limited life time warranty. Is it possible you could replace the motor? I really do not have any complaint but I find it strange the fan quit in less than one year. I have other makes which are working ever since I bought these fans. Thanks.

Dev Rathi
5348 Fountain Ave #10
Los Angeles, CA 90029
 23rd of May, 2007 by    0 Votes
Out of a 10 pack of solar lights... missing 2 shafts and 2 anchors.
 8th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes
This set of 6 solar lights. All work fine except for one. Very dim, barely lights. Hard to see at night. Purchased at Home Depot, Lebanon, PA July 1. They sold me defective product and i don't think that i will shop at Hampton Bay again!
 11th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes

Hampton Bay - Light coverings and remotes!

I bought thousands of dollars of fans for the house. The Gazebo Plus is an outside fan and the glass covering the bulbs is so flimsy it breaks in your hands or is already broken in the box. I have had 2 replaced so far after arguing with Home Depot. Also. my really expensive bedroom fan remote only now goes to med and low. My other BR fans remote did not work at all and they hassled me so I had to buy another... 40+ dollars. Buyer Beware!!!
 25th of Nov, 2007 by    +1 Votes
The plastic for the light housing becomes brittle after 2 years operation in the sun. All of mine have falling apart. I wrote to Home Depot, but did not get an answer. The problem is so bad that I'm going to post a blog at My site very soon at: http://botsmaker.blogspot.com/
The plastic for a solar product should at least be sunlight resistant!
 27th of Dec, 2007 by    +1 Votes
 25th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have bought chandeliere 350-192. There are instructions for mounting, safety, but no instructions for assembly. The picture does not even match my light. I have tried to assemble by looking at the picture but all the parts are loose (not secure).
 7th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have been waiting for a replacement glass bulb cover for over two months. I have been told they are on back order. In the mean time I can't turn on the light because it is to glarry.
 13th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have the same problems with LED lighting with Hampton Bay.
After a year, 2 of my 12 units are dead. The batteries are fine. So, I soldered a new LED on the units and they both work great now.
 26th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
On May 21, 2008, I purchased 10-Outside solar Lamps from Home Depot. First night after instalation, three days later, two of the lights appear to be defective. I don't suspect the battery or low lights location the reason why one light stopped working and the second light is on the dim side. The source of the problem is in the wiring or circruitity within the housing. If Hampton Bay continues to receive comments like mine about product worksmenship deficienties, then Home Depot needs to get on the ball and contract a company that is capable of delivering quality products for a reasonable price. I paid too much for a product that is expected to satisfy the reason I purchased the product in the first place. Buyer beware of Hampton Bay Solar lights that have disappointing results.

I like my current light arrangement in the backyard so I look to get replacements for those two lights.

26th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
I'm sorry, I just wanted to buy some extra lights w/o the solar panel, I need aprox 20 of them.
The lights I bought were the 1 watt led spotlight with remote solar panel (256 091), can you please help me to get these?
 29th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
On August 38, 2008 I purchased a six lamp set of model 79839 from vendor 11688 UPC No. 082392798390. Five of the outside almps were fine but the sixth one will not thread into the lamp. The threadsof both the lamp part and the shaft are messed up and were this way when I opened the box today. The warranty registration is in the mail to you as of today. Please send me one replacement lamp. Thank you.
 30th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
I just bought one of your ceiling fans--M# 503 285. The glass is broken. It came out of the box this way. What do I need to do to get this replaced? Your cards that came with the fan said DO NOT RETURN to the store. I bought it at Home Depot.
 11th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
Last week I purchased yoy solar lamps model 27929. Vendor
number 11688. SKU # 580-477. UPC #082392279295. I had to return the solar lamps because one of the lamps did not work. I bought another set and while agusting one of them the part that is spiked into the ground broke off. If the spike had been metal like the rest of the lamp it would not have broken. Bad Idea to make it plastic. Anyway my wife is crying and what do I have to do to get another part that goes into the ground...?

16th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
I'm having the same problem with my set of solar lights (part #79339) They stop working at random, and I can find no way to get in touch with the Hampton Bay people. Looks like this will be the last of their product I will ever buy
 29th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes

Hampton Bay - Some lights not working
Hampton Bay

I purchased 2 sets of 8 solar lights for my home and have found that even after fully charging my batteries four of the lights do not work... Is there anything that I can do to get them replaced withut returning one of the sets to the store that I purchased them from?

Contact Us