logo

Life Smart Infared Heater
E1 faults
2. (12 mins ago)
Moghozi.mobi
bad language and unrespect of adult
3. (16 mins ago)
ace2three.com
disconnecting the game thereby making loose the game
4. (32 mins ago)

Hampton Bay Contacts & Informations

Hampton Bay

Posted:    Samuel

Outside solar lamps Model #79339 79330

On 23 Jun I purchased a set of six outside solar lamps Model #79339 79330. I installed the units on 24 Jun and they worked fine but on 26 Jun one of the lamps was very dim. I tool it apart and checked and one of the batteries would only charge to .4 volts and the other would only charge to 1.0 volts. I put the batteries in a separate charger and had the same problem. I called the number 1-800-283-6607 and got a message all was bush to leave a message, I did. After a day with no answer I sent an email to service@gpwarranty.com and the message was returned as undeliverable. I called again and left another message and have had no call back. In the time I was waiting for a call back or answer to my email I purchased a set of Ni-Cad batteries put them in the unit re-installed and Sunday night 2 Jul the lamps looked good but Monday night 3 Jul the same problem, needed a flashlight to see if the lamp was on. Something, have no idea what is wrong with the charging circuit as the new batteries exhibit the same problem. Since the web page and the email address listed on the warranty papers aren't available and the phone number I called doesn't return my call I Google Hampton Bay and arrived here. Can you get me a solution to my problem or direct me to where I can get a solution? Thank you.

My home at El Paso, TX. 79925-6639
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Sep, 2006 by   Tom G 0 Votes
I have bought Hampton Bay low voltage light fixtures. I have two complaints.

First the bulbs have a very low life expectancy.

Second the design of the low voltage fixture is a spring on each side of the fixture. Each time an fixture is removed from the ceiling it breaks away some of the dry wall. The problem is that the rim of the product does not cover the damaged drywall. I would suggest that your product come with a ring that would permanently stay in the ceiling and the fixture with then spring against this plastic (or metal) ring and not continue to damage the ceiling as the bulbs burn out.
 24th of Apr, 2007 by   Chester H. Shon 0 Votes
I purchased a solar light set Model #10396 on 4-20-07 which consists of 6 lamps and 2 spotlights. I installed them on 4-23-07 and found one of the lamps to have a broken cap and a crack in the plastic lens. I called the warranty dept. this morning 4-24-07 and explained the problem and the person stated you don't stock parts and would take 3 months to replace. Home depot will not replace one light.

Your warranty stats that you have prompt shipment of defective parts. I don't think 3 months is prompt.
Please let me know what I can do about this matter.

Thank you C. Shon
 7th of May, 2007 by   Dennis Martin 0 Votes
Plastic stakes bend when you try to put them in the ground.
 10th of May, 2007 by   Dev Rathi 0 Votes
Last year I bought 36 inch ceiling fan from Home Depot in Hollywood. This model takes regular bulbs. The numbers I see on the motor is 0091329 and 0606. I like the fan very much. Unfortunately, one week ago the fan stopped working. Since I needed the fan, I just bought the same 36 inch fan but this one takes special bulbs. I understand the fan has limited life time warranty. Is it possible you could replace the motor? I really do not have any complaint but I find it strange the fan quit in less than one year. I have other makes which are working ever since I bought these fans. Thanks.

Dev Rathi
5348 Fountain Ave #10
Los Angeles, CA 90029
323-461-7722
RathiDev@aol.com
 23rd of May, 2007 by   doug bartlingsr 0 Votes
Out of a 10 pack of solar lights... missing 2 shafts and 2 anchors.
 8th of Jul, 2007 by   Robert Kercher 0 Votes
This set of 6 solar lights. All work fine except for one. Very dim, barely lights. Hard to see at night. Purchased at Home Depot, Lebanon, PA July 1. They sold me defective product and i don't think that i will shop at Hampton Bay again!
 25th of Nov, 2007 by   Bill Sherman +1 Votes
The plastic for the light housing becomes brittle after 2 years operation in the sun. All of mine have falling apart. I wrote to Home Depot, but did not get an answer. The problem is so bad that I'm going to post a blog at My site very soon at: http://botsmaker.blogspot.com/
The plastic for a solar product should at least be sunlight resistant!
 27th of Dec, 2007 by   MICHAEL LYONS +1 Votes
BOUGHT 16 SOLAR LITES, ONLY 4 WORK, WON'T SHUT OFF AND BATTERIES GO DEAD.
 25th of Feb, 2008 by   Donna 0 Votes
I have bought chandeliere 350-192. There are instructions for mounting, safety, but no instructions for assembly. The picture does not even match my light. I have tried to assemble by looking at the picture but all the parts are loose (not secure).
 7th of Apr, 2008 by   kim evanchik 0 Votes
I have been waiting for a replacement glass bulb cover for over two months. I have been told they are on back order. In the mean time I can't turn on the light because it is to glarry.
 13th of May, 2008 by   BDL 0 Votes
I have the same problems with LED lighting with Hampton Bay.
After a year, 2 of my 12 units are dead. The batteries are fine. So, I soldered a new LED on the units and they both work great now.
 26th of May, 2008 by   Joseph L. Scanavino 0 Votes
On May 21, 2008, I purchased 10-Outside solar Lamps from Home Depot. First night after instalation, three days later, two of the lights appear to be defective. I don't suspect the battery or low lights location the reason why one light stopped working and the second light is on the dim side. The source of the problem is in the wiring or circruitity within the housing. If Hampton Bay continues to receive comments like mine about product worksmenship deficienties, then Home Depot needs to get on the ball and contract a company that is capable of delivering quality products for a reasonable price. I paid too much for a product that is expected to satisfy the reason I purchased the product in the first place. Buyer beware of Hampton Bay Solar lights that have disappointing results.

I like my current light arrangement in the backyard so I look to get replacements for those two lights.

26th of Aug, 2008 by   John Brennan 0 Votes
I'm sorry, I just wanted to buy some extra lights w/o the solar panel, I need aprox 20 of them.
The lights I bought were the 1 watt led spotlight with remote solar panel (256 091), can you please help me to get these?
John
 29th of Aug, 2008 by   Russell Owens 0 Votes
On August 38, 2008 I purchased a six lamp set of model 79839 from vendor 11688 UPC No. 082392798390. Five of the outside almps were fine but the sixth one will not thread into the lamp. The threadsof both the lamp part and the shaft are messed up and were this way when I opened the box today. The warranty registration is in the mail to you as of today. Please send me one replacement lamp. Thank you.
 11th of Sep, 2008 by   JAMES LIBRIZZI 0 Votes
Last week I purchased yoy solar lamps model 27929. Vendor
number 11688. SKU # 580-477. UPC #082392279295. I had to return the solar lamps because one of the lamps did not work. I bought another set and while agusting one of them the part that is spiked into the ground broke off. If the spike had been metal like the rest of the lamp it would not have broken. Bad Idea to make it plastic. Anyway my wife is crying and what do I have to do to get another part that goes into the ground...?

Jim
 16th of Sep, 2008 by   Ray Alex 0 Votes
I'm having the same problem with my set of solar lights (part #79339) They stop working at random, and I can find no way to get in touch with the Hampton Bay people. Looks like this will be the last of their product I will ever buy
 3rd of Oct, 2008 by   Brandi 0 Votes
In July, 2008, I purchased some Hampton Bay outdoor solar lights. All of them worked except for one. I called customer service and they said that they would send me a replacement light. It is now October and I am still waiting on my light. I am completely satisfied with the other lights, I just want the replacement one sent.
Model number: 79839
Vendor number: 11688
SKU number: 235 927
UPC number: 082392798390

Thanks
 27th of Oct, 2008 by   Jack Gardner 0 Votes
I purchased a 4-pack of the solar LED landscape lights #888 425 none of which work. I was going to return them for an exchange but after reading the complaints on this site decided to get my money back.
 4th of Nov, 2008 by   Robert Pacheco 0 Votes
I received my out door lites as a gift and have no receit or information on the types. How can I order new lites etc.?
 8th of Nov, 2008 by   Michele 0 Votes
My husband ran over my stakes for my lights with the lawn mower (he thought they were deep enough in the ground), so I clearly can't return them to the store now (and I threw away the box and receipt - d'oh!) so I'm going to try to make them work. But does anyone know how I would go about getting replacement stakes? None of them will stay in the ground now. :(

5 Reasons You Should Join a Credit Union This Week