logo

BES & Commercial Energy
Mis-sold energy contract & prices
5. (24 mins ago)
beauty-centre.org
Seller sends fake perfume and refuses to communicate

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Half.com Complaints & Reviews - Scam website!

Half.com Contacts & Informations

Half.com

Posted:    Carole Schuman

Scam website!

After going to their website and fulfilling the three offers they asked for, I was locked out and could not even get on the website any more. I let Blockbuster and Entertainment Weekly know what they were doing, and have never heard a word from them. I paid for the trial subscription and was told it would not continue unless I gave permission. They charged me anyway, and I had to fight with them to get my money back. BAD IDEA! Don't go there. I never got the TV that I
was trying to buy.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of May, 2009 by   Half Dot Com SUCKS 0 Votes
Half.com sucks. I placed three orders on half.com for college textbooks. I ordered two of them on Apr 25. One issued a refund saying the book was no longer available (2 weeks after I placed the order and only after I contacted the buyer) and the other sent me an e-mail saying that the book sold MONTHS ago and that she didn't know why half.com had it listed to sell OR listed as shipped. ALL the textbooks were listed as shipped and all DEDUCTED MONEY from my debit card. WHY is this?? I am so upset. My classes start tomorrow. I will NEVER order from half.com again. This has been a complete waste of my time and money.
 1st of Aug, 2009 by   Bill Cook 0 Votes
Before I can log on to my Ebay account Half.com is asking for my Credit card details. has anyone had the same problem
 4th of Feb, 2010 by   selenapanda 0 Votes
Buying or selling, it is no different. I sold over 300 dollars worth of textbooks on it and all books have shipped out. Now half.com suspended my account for no reason whatsoever, and that is 300 dollars I am going to lose. They just want to keep the money for themselves! I just graduated from college and I am just trying to get at least some money back from the books so I can start paying off student loans, but nope! Half.com takes it, their motto should be 'we take 100% commission from your sales'. Not dealing with them ever again!!
 10th of Feb, 2010 by   Repent 0 Votes
I agree with you. They done the same to me. I sold nearly $15k of inventory and now my accounts are locked and I dont know if I will get my money either. This is ridiculous, as they close the account right before the pay period, insuring that you sell as much as possible before they suspend your account and block your funds. This is really ridiculous. They keep your money without paying interest and guess what? Thats right, no customer support at ALL! No phone number, no live chat support only some slow email service at half.com. This is unethical and immoral and should be against the law. Those people need to get right with God or they will end up in hell. I mean work with people as we are confused and they have our money. Anyway visit www.needgod.com its a good test to see if your good enough to go to heaven.
 1st of Jun, 2010 by   Half.com sucks +1 Votes
As an x seller on half.com I can tell you they are a back room company.
I sold a new book on half .com and shipped it in shrink wrap and in a box 2 days prior to the half.com shipping deadline. The book arrived to the buyer in 3 days using media mail. (quick) The buyer decided he didn't want the book and contacted me about a return. He bought one locally. I emailed him and said unless the book was damaged we don't accept returns. The buyer then contacted half.com and told the the book was damaged. Half.com without contacting me issued him a credit from my account and he was to return the book to me. The book that was returned was not the one i shipped to him and the enclosed CD was open. Half .com will not return any calls and only state they make final decisions.
It is not worth it to deal with Half.com
 18th of Oct, 2010 by   ebaysucks 0 Votes
Half.com allows sellers to send the wrong books and then expects you to pay for the return shipping before a refund can be given (not including the cost of shipping). There is no customer service to respond to either and what little there is will take you months to hear from. I eventually filed a charge back and I will never use this company again or Ebay. Take your money and go to Amazon.com if you want to save on used books. Or better yet pay the bookstore price, it is worth it when you don't have to deal with scams and money loss.
 7th of Jan, 2011 by   half.com crucifier 0 Votes
I am planning to launch a class action against Half.com and it's unethical practices. Any seller who has their money stuck with them, please email me back. My email address is: raman6@gmail.com. I sued eBay and recovered my money which Half.com had withheld without any reason. Since they restrict all legal action to the county of Santa Clara, CA it is a problem for many outsiders. I stay in Santa Clara county and can take them to court and ensure they change their practices. Look forward to hearing from you all.

New American Dream: Rent, Not Own?

Latest Groups