logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
govsimplified.com
They tell bullshit and never provided my card
2. (3 mins ago)
Nexwaysoftware.com
Appeared on my bank statement for no reason
3. (4 mins ago)
Francesca Borrelli
change of reservation not refund
4. (6 mins ago)
T.L.S Timeshares
SCAM
5. (6 mins ago)
Mayan Palace Timeshare
Mayan misrepresented elder people.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted: 2011-04-19 by    thisisaustin4

Diane Kinowsk

Diane Kinowsk
Wisconsin
Diane trimmed/highlighted my hair for many years. At one time, I asked how her kids were and she blew up at me, saying she never talks about her personal life. After that, I was usually quiet or else talked about mundane topics, ie the weather, politics, etc. Last December I bought a gift certificate from her for a mutual friend to have her hair cut, as a birthday gift. In March, I called to make an appt to have my hair done with her. I received a call back later from an associate hair stylist, that Diane had closed up her suite and moved. I went to the associate, and she did a much better job than Diane. But I was furious at the situation, that my friend couldn't use the gift certificate and that I was out the money.

I sent an email to Diane asking for the reimbursement of the money; no reply has been received. In the interim, I found out that she lost money thru gambling, lost her state license, and owes back taxes to the IRS. She cannot practice (legally) in Wisconsin any more. I am out the money and am furious about this. When she took my money, she was fully aware that she was closing up shop. I didn't pay for the gift certificate, I paid for her gas money to leave town.
Comments United States Hair and Beauty Salons
Was the above complaint useful to you?

5 Reasons You Should Join a Credit Union This Week