logo

3. (21 mins ago)
Ericdress
A crooked Company
4. (28 mins ago)
bbc online lottery microsoft promo
enquiry about the winning price
5. (30 mins ago)

Posted:    Sanjay Dudeja

Service issues

NA
India
I am an irate customer who is a disappointed owner of a Haier
Refrigerator. After having faced many hurdles and roadblocks in dealing with Haier service center, senior executives & engineers as a last resort I am putting up this blog, hoping someone responsible enough in Haier reads this and is sensitive to the problems we have been facing.

Our refrigerator has been behaving extremely erratic over the past few weeks. As I write today, the refrigerator has again stopped functioning. The refrigerator was brought in June 2007 from Croma (retail chain of Tata's). I am trying to summarise the sequence of events over the past couple of weeks during which time we have registerd four service complaints:
Complaint #1 9991149184
Complaint #2 9991153213
Complaint #3 9991161696
Complaint #4 9991165906

1) Our initial complaint of 'refrigerator not cooling' was fixed by
refill of GAS. The problem recurred in two days and the same remedial action was taken.
2) The problem resurfaced once again couple of days later. It took
Haier service center three days to send appropriate personnel to our place after we had followed up on multiple ocassions with senior executives. The service center to which the work has been
outsourced were not at all responsive.
3) Requests were made to Haier for a temporary standby refrigerator, the request was turned down.
4) At this point the senior engineer took the call of replacing the
compressor. We did request that the refrigerator be replaced since we had lost confidence in its functioning but eventually went with the engineers judgement.
5) The problem resurfaced on 10th April. The problem was rectified by replacing the compressor. I was given to understand that the compressor fixed earlier was not the correct part number. Wonder why an incorrect compressor was fixed into the fridge at the first place
6) The fridge has given up again in precisely two days time. I have just registered the complaint # 9991165906. I am again waiting for so called "COMPETENT ENGINEERS" to take a look at the problem. On phone, I have each time requested that Haier provide us a replacement refrigerator but it looks like there is no inclination to satisfy the customer. That has and will probabaly be last on the list of Haier's priorties. Haier engineers have made our refrigerator their testing ground and are perhaps waiting for enough time to pass so that the warranty expires. We are completely frustrated with the performance of the refrigerator and more so with the reluctance of senior staff at Haier not being able to simplify matters by replacing the product.

We have gone through a lot dealing with these people, I do not want to pen down each of my grievances, that we have had difficult times is a understatement.

Having summarised the chronology of the incidents, here are places i feel that Haier has dissapointed me:
1) Senior executives have taken things casually, the fact that i have taken pains to escalate things to them has never really helped me in any manner. So casual they are in their approach that i really have never got calls back from them and only after i have made 3-4 calls to them they have reacted and got people mobilised.
2) Haier is amongst the leading manufacturers of refrigerators
worldwide. It is surprising that a simple request for a small refrigerator as standby was declined.
3) It is not clear to me what is the trigger to get the refrigerator
replaced. I have had frequent failures of the refrigerator in the past couple of weeks, I really have no hope that any fix provided to me would be long term. For some vague reason the Haier team refuses to acknowledge the obvious. In today's times refrigerator is a critical utility and not a luxury, we cannot have it not working for 8 days in the past 2.5 weeks.
4) Have tried using links provided for customer on Haier website which allow customers to escalate a service problem. These do not reach the correct people, i have never recieved any feedback after having posted similar blogs on their own links
Comments India Appliances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Aug, 2008 by   Ranjith 0 Votes
I am realy disappointed towards the service of Haier Refregerator, I am trying to reach the local Authorised service center at Hyderabad (India) but nobody responds. So pls help me out by providing a contact number of a Company service center to buy a spares & repair works.

You can contact me on Mobil -09246179425

Regards,
Ranjith
 3rd of Dec, 2008 by   M. Mukherjee, Mrs 0 Votes
*Equipment : Washing Machine Model-HG1200TXVME, Automatic Drum W/Machine
*Complaint #9999996291 dated 21.11.08 of Kolkata Service Centre
*Date attended : 29.11.08 (After 8 days!)
*Technician's Observations on 29.11.08 : The "Door Switch" requires replacement. The Technician, Mr. Rajat Burman dismantled the Door Switch and some other components, failed to make out anything and left the site assuring that he would again visit the next day. Meanwhile, an Electrician was called to check the internal wiring of the premises who confirmed that the Socket to which the m/c was plugged was defective. The Technician, Mr. Burman was informed over his Cell Phone about this and was requested to visit once again to fit the dismantled components and run the m/c. He again visited fitted the loose components and plugged. The m/c started working and a report card was signed without thoroughly checking its working. But soon after his departure, it was observed that the Rotor or the Drum was rotating
only in one direction. This was reported to the "so-called Technician, Mr. Burman" over phone on the 30th Nov, 08. He promptly attended the call the same afternoon. Again he opened the Top Cover, Bottom Cover and checked the TIMER. But grossly failed to diagonose the problem and desparately opened the Door Switch once again. He then interchanged its Connectors and again switched on the m/c. No sooner did he do so than the power of the entire premises went of with a blast! The Switch Board/Plug completely burnt. The "so-called" technicain was requested to pack the m/c with folded hand and to depute of techinician in ture sence of the term!!? On the 1st Dec a competent Techniocian visited along with Mr. Burman who immediately pin pointed the problem and adviceed that "Spin Module" blew and needed replacement at the cost of of Rs. 2, 200/= approx. Mr. Burman made the following suggestions :

(A) Do not buy the "Door Switch" from the Company-it would cost you Rs. 900/=. I W'd arrange it for you for much lesser price

(B) Therer is no Comprehensive AMC scheme for tjis Model of Washing M/c &

It is extremely disappointing that a company of international stature [may be of Chinese Origine] is least bothered abount its reputation!!!

Best wishes.
 14th of Mar, 2009 by   ravinder 0 Votes
i am ravinder from delhi.i have airconditionar (haeir) from last 2 years
i am looking for service centre
plz contact me:----9810591727
 14th of Mar, 2009 by   ravinder 0 Votes
copalants against my ac
 15th of Apr, 2009 by   Abhijit B 0 Votes
I am pissed off after buying a Haier Mobile Phone. It hangs ofter and now I am not able to locate any service centers in Delhi. Government should take appropiate steps to ensure that consumers should get proper service, otherwise those chineese (irresponsible) origin companies should not be allowed to enter Indian market at all.

This is the first and last product from Haier for me. Please do not buy a haier product.

Abhijit
 10th of May, 2009 by   PARDEEP MAHAJAN 0 Votes
THE BAD SERVICES GIVEN BY HAIER
MY REF MODEL NO. 599FR IS NOT WORKING FROM PAST 3 MONTHS. IT IS SO, UNFORTUNATE THAT O UR LAST COMPLAINT NO. 10000065122 REGISTERED ON 10 MARCH'09 HAS NOT BEEN A TTENDED YET. IN TODAY'S WORLD WHRE OTHER COMPANIES ARE TAKING NO TIME TO T AKE ACTION ON CUSTOMERS COMPLAINT, HAEIR, SUCH A BIG BRAND IS SLEEPING. WE HAVE CALLED SO MANY TIMES IN CALL CENTRE AS WELL SERVICE CENTRE LOCATED A T A1/B-44 MOHAN CO-OPERATIVE MATHURA ROAD DELHI-44 BUT IN VAIN.
 16th of Nov, 2009 by    Priyaa 0 Votes
whoa mr. ranjith our story is liek ditto your scene. it spooked me out. now yesterday it stopped for the fith time, within 8 months of warranty period. we are just hoping they will have the decency to replace the fridge before the one year warranty is up, or else we are stuck with the dabba incurring high losses. we actually use the freezer as a fridge and the fridge as a cupboard! finally what happend? did your probelm get solved? did they help?
priyaa
 23rd of May, 2010 by   animesh_999 0 Votes
I have been frustrated by the service being provided by Haier to it's customers. I unfortunately own a Haier Window A/C and unfortunately this A/C required service. After landing in this unfortunate circumstance, I realized how unfortunate I have been to buy a Haier appliance.

I lodged a complaint number HYD105090148 around two weeks back with Haier's all india call center. After multiple follow-ups with them, finally a service engineer arrived. He started quoting rates for service out of his own wish. List below
1. Gas Recharge: Rs 2200
2. Service Charges: Rs 500
3. Transportation: Rs 500

Rates provided by their call center and confirmed by Haier's hyderabad head are
1. Gas Recharge: Rs 1650
2. Service Charges: Rs 350
3. Transportation: Rs 250

I asked Haier's call center to escalate it and they assured me of the same. Finally what happened, they closed the ticket without addressing any of my concerns.

I again started following up with them and they again sent a service executive. He again quoted the same rates as he had done earlier. I had to either stay without an A/C in scorching heat of Hyderabad or pay their service executive the rates quoted by them. I went by the second option with escalating the first option.

Now more than 10 days are over and I am still waiting for my A/C to arrive. I don't know whom to escalate it to. I feel all jokers are sitting at Haier customer service. Biggest jokers sit at their call center (good for nothing), second biggest jokers are their local leads (in Hyderabad it is Mr Janardana - 8008900082).

I feel Haier has the worst service amongst any company existing in India. Please think twice before buying any Haier appliance. I would suggest never ever to go for a Haier appliance even if they offer you half the rate.
 26th of Jan, 2011 by   brrarr 0 Votes
I too am an unfortunate owner of Haier products.
Once you have enough evidence like a couple of complaint number's and a paper or two from the technician, feel free to file an FIR for fraud
and get Police to take action. This is a costly option as the Police do not move without taking some money. HOWEVER, IT IS EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE. Throw in a section 506 complaint like they have threatened you. that helps to move things fast.
Only when we make equivalent strong arm tactics our forte will we be able to alert these stupid 2 penny chinese fly by night operators to act responsibly.
 14th of Oct, 2013 by   MD>SHAHID 0 Votes
EQUIPMENT:washing machine MODEL NO.:Xpb62-187p Serial:div0018 COMPLAINT NO.KOL1308280138 DATE OF PURCHASE:19 march 2013.i am a owner of a haier washing matching, I am complaining since five month, every month a technician came and try to repair the machine but are not able repair it.I am very angry and if you cant send a proper technician to repair it then i would fell free to file a FIR for fraud.My registration mobile number is:9830527786 but it is now currently switch off my current mobile no. is:8481048741 i fell that haier has a very worst service in india.
 24th of Feb, 2014 by   Arunkumar1 0 Votes
i Have purcahed haier washing machine which makes me as un happy.I have facing more problems with this machine witin 5 months from the date of purchased.I have registered many compliants but nobody did not attend the complaint.And finally they told PCB is problem.Now i am ready to replace the PCB on chargeable basis.Even thses people did not support us.My mob 8056046221.I am looking for resolution within one weeks otherwise i will go to consumer court.
 29th of May, 2014 by   M S CHAUHAN 0 Votes
Madam/sir
i have purchased 2 nos air conditioner, one for kota city second for rawatbhata.regarding rawatbhata unit, this unit was purchased on 02/06/11.and unit worked up to 1/4/13 very well after that the compressor burned out. after complaint compressor was replaced, till replacement summer season passed out. in next season as we start unit, got tripped immediately.this was informed to kota service center, no action taken till date after that i approaches to kota center through my dealer, yours kota representative registered a complaint on 28/05/14, id - 20140528103342 as per message came on my mobile. no body attended my problem. on 29/05/14 i registered a complaint on 18002009999.yours representative assured me to attend my problem on 30/05/14.on behalf of back history i do not believe on your kota service center. i am living without a/c since last season.please take my case on priority

Protection Not Worth Paying For