logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (50 mins ago)
pof.com - plentyoffish
pof.com - wrong treatment of its users
2. (50 mins ago)
Speed Services Couriers
Losing my parcel and do even letting me know
3. (1 hr 21 mins ago)

Posted: 2011-02-03 by    Royal Square Investments

Poor after sales service

Royal Square Investments (Johan Myburgh)f762e
South Africa
I bought a GWM Hover 4 x 4 from GWM Centurion in April 2009. Soon after getting the car the central locking system wasn't working. It is now 9 MONTHS later and it is still not working. My car has been in the workshop for more than 15 DAYS over this period. It is currently in the workshop again for FOUR DAYS now. This is the biggest car mistake I made ever. NEVER AGAIN.
Comments South Africa Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More GWM South Africa complaints
GWM South Africa - Can't get my car fixed

Comments

20th of Jun, 2011 by   Richard Chapman 0 Votes
I myself will never buy another GWM vehcle, the service that I got from my local GWM group was not acceptable.I asked a simple question and the owner tells me "he has no dealings with me".and that after I bought a GWM product!
 30th of Sep, 2011 by   J Smit 0 Votes
Ek het April 2011 my Steed Lux 2.2 dubbel kajuit gekoop.Op 4700km het ek reeds my eerste koppelaar vervang.Op 7000km het my engen liggie aangekom wat aan en af gaan soos hy wil.Die bakkie het ook 'n mis op hom.Op 10000km het my manifold casket begin lek.Sal NOOIT WEER sulke GEMORS KOOP NIE. Die naverkope diens is uiters pateties.My finansierder sê dat ek op 15000km my dienste moet doen op 'n diens plan.Die agente sê 10000km.WIE IS REG OF VERKEERD?????

Juan Smit Kaapstad
 6th of Oct, 2011 by   Erica Scotton +1 Votes
GWM SA should be shut down down they are liars and greedy morons who dont care about the people who buy their vehicles. If we care enough about GWM to buy one of their vehicles Why are we not afforded the same amount of respect when we suffer problems. I purchased a NEW GWM multiwagon 2.8d in Ladybrand, August 2010, after being given the run around for months about cars stuck at the harbour. I purchased the vehicle as I was told it would deliver the power I required to climb the mountains of Lesotho as this is where I have to travel to work, no luck. I was told it had superb compression braking and would tow a horse box with 2 horses in - with ease, no luck there either my daughters golf tows better... I was also advised that, should something go wrong and the vehicle needed to be in the workshop, I would have a rental / courtesy car if it was still under warranty period. My car is my office, no car no work no money no pay no pay for car no car... I collected the vehicle Friday, on the Monday I went in with a list of 16 faults I had found to be told it was not the dealers problem I must go to the workshop (his son!) One of the problems was that the reverse gear battled to go in and the gearbox got hot. After struggling to get the vehicle seen to in Ladybrand and having been treated like I had had the audacity to purchase a GWM, how criminal of me, I waited 3 months (November 2010) for a GWM rep to see me in the area. I was then advised they would take the vehicle in and sort out all the problems. In May 2011 the vehicle after a lot of yelling screaming and swearing the vehicle was sent to Bethlehem for 5 weeks, I still have no idea what was done beyond windscreen wipers as the vehicle was the same. I still await replacement seat covers which are falling to pieces, after 10000km. GWM Bloemfontein (Lambons - awesome service but hands cut by SA head office) have done all my services and have tried to assist as and where possible. After 4 services and several complaints about the gearbox Guess what - Buggered gearbox, still no support, I am losing income as I am stuck on our farm, I cannot go into town or even go collect horsefeed in Bloemfontein so my horses are currently with NO FEED (SPCA you want to get involved - animal rights) and me with no income as I wait for them to sort it out, the likelihood of a courtesy vehicle apparently minute and if a chance I must get to Joburg to collect the vehicle, well by the time I walk there I am sure the multiwagon will be fixed. Surely it would be less criminal to just take our money and not even bother giving us a heap of crap with shitty after sales service that is unconstitutional - Surely between the new CPA and the constitution GWM SA can be brought to book Is anyone wise or brave enough out there to take on this corporation?? Before this I had heard amazing stories about GWM service in Queenstown and at |Lambons Bloem, but well after years of dealing with BMW and LAnd Rover - I never would have believed a vehicle corporation to be like this... After the 5 weeks the vehicle spent in Bethlehem I sent an e mail to GWM SA Customer Care advising that there was no difference and that there were still problems to date no response by e mail nor telephonic. On a trip back from Joburg the vehicle cut out and I called the Natal technical support to be told it was weekend and rugby was on and that I should just go to the nearest GWM workshop for help, with a horse in a horse box.. I called Lambons after hours and they advised that it was safe to travel home, the following week I took the vehicle in to them and it was simply the cold weather that had caused the problem, why could technical support not work that out!!!

Erica A Scotton, Ladybrand - 082 820 9798
 21st of Aug, 2012 by   JAMES FOGARTY +1 Votes
I BOUGHT A 2.2 STEED FROM GWM WITBANK THE DAY I TOOK THE BAKKIE I DROVE OF FROM THE THE SHOW ROOM THE BAKKIE WAS JURKING I DROVE INTO THE WORKSHOP THE MAIN TECHNITION WAS ON LEAVE THEY TOLD ME TO BRING THE VEHICLE BACK THE NEXT WEEK. I TOOK THE VEHICLE BACK THE PUT THE (MASHINE) ON IT IT SAID NO FAULT FOUND THE DP DROVE WITH ME AND SAID HE ALSO FELT THE JERKING ON THE VEHICLE THEY THEN TOLD THE WOULD CANCELTHE DEAL THE MONDAY WHEN I RETURNED THE ASKED AND PROMESED TO SORT THE BAKKIE OUT. I USE R600.00 TO PRETORIA AND BACK TO WITBANK AND THEY TELL ME THAT IS NORMAL THE VEHICLE IS NOW BACK AT GWM WITBANK FOR THE 22ND TIME AND THE MAIN TECH SAYS HE CANT SET IT BECAUSE IT IS A FUEL INJECTION. I HAVE NOW HAD ENOUGH PLEASE COULD SOMONE ADVISE ME ON WHAT TO DO
 8th of Nov, 2012 by   M Le Roux 0 Votes
O yes bought my steed 3 from newcastle kzn september2011 they still cant get the feul injection, idle and jurking sorted out for more than a year i am "Gatvol"
 9th of Nov, 2012 by   J.S. Groenewald 0 Votes
GWM 4 X 4 Steed 2.8 Inter Cooler en LADY BRAND loop hand aan hand --Pateties.
My steed het 64000km en totale herstel koste beloop meer as R40 000. Diff lock regemaak 2 keer weer gebreek, Koppelaar vervang op 26000km, Wiel laers 3 keer vervang, Dryf as 2 maande herstel 2 weke geneem. weer foutief, Remblokke 8 keer vervang, Krag stuur eenheid vervang, Nee NOOIT WEER maak ek die fout om Lady Brand te ondersteun, en ek kan met sekerheid se dat Bestuurder en sy seun en ontvangsdame en parte voorman geen diens lewer nie. GWM koop?? Nooit, ek sukkel liewer met n ou wrak.
Ek het voorheen n klagte direk teenoor GWM SA en LADY BRAND gelig maar tipies GWM het nie eers n poging aangewend om te skakel nie.
 20th of Apr, 2013 by   ahmed bhoola +1 Votes
i am absolutely disgusted with the service i've received from gwm umhlali and am regretful about purchasing the gwm steed 5. since purchasing the bakkie i have had endless problems.From day one i had told them the van was ridiculously heavy on fuel and they said it was normal but upon further investigation they discovered there was a problem with the fuel line. on the first use of my wiper blades they didnt function-that was the same day i purchased it-i drove it back to umhlali and it started working again. three weeks ago it stopped working, the fuel gauge doesnt work and there was a problem with the control arm.two weeks ago i took it in for first service and to have all faults sorted out-only the service was done_log book wasnt stamped and none of the faults sorted just the claim put through.two weeks later and my business cant run as this bakkie was purchased for business use only< i cant drive it cause of rainy weather-how could i without working wipers?!i received a sms stating that the claim went through and called gwm twice-including yesterday which is a week later after getting the sms and they say the parts havent arrived.they said they will call me back in 5 min-they always say that and do not call back!it is raining today and once again my bakkie cant be used.i have explained to them that this bakkie needs to be used everyday as i have a buiness that depends on it and to no avail!!!i wish i never purchased this gwm bakkie! i will not recommend gwm to anyone and will share my awful experience with whoever enquires about my gwm steed 5 and believe me alot of my customers have asked about this bakkie!
 23rd of Jul, 2013 by   Reoccuring Problems 0 Votes
I bought my GWM H5 in January 2012 in Brits and in November 2012 it started reving exstreemly high when you started it. I took it to the dealer i bought it from and he said he will just quickly set the idling, after setting it, it kept doing the same and i informed him about my problem. He said i must just use it until my H5 goes in for it's next service later in the month. When my H5 was serviced the mechanic said there was a manifod gasket leaking and they replaced it and that was the cause of the high reving. I took the H5 and a few days later the problem was back. I phoned the dealer and they said I must bring it in in January and they will look at it and fix the problem. In January my H5 was taking to them to be fixed but to no avail, after getting it back the same problem is still there. I phoned them once again and they said a technician from head quaters will be coming and that he would look at the H5 and that I will be contacted when he has arrived. I took my H5 in a day before the technician come and left it there. On the day that the technician come he apparently said there was something wrong with the idling mechanism and they would clean it. It was done and I was informed that the problem is solved. Once again on recieving it back it was only a few day and the problem was back. I informed the dealer again and he said they will look at the problem again on my next service. I took it for the next service a few days ago and reminded the mechanic of the problem. After the service I asked the mechanic if he fixed the problem and he said it is as he cleaned the idling mechanism again and set the idling again and it will only rev high until the engine is hot and then will settle to it's normal idling speed. It is only a few day after my service again and the problem is back again. It rev's up to 2000 rev while you drive and only settles at it's normal revs after about 30 km or more. What more must I do to get my H5 fixed and stop it from reving so high as I am very disappointed with the service from GWM and their lack of fixing my vechile.
 11th of Jun, 2014 by   Michelle Potgieter Smith 0 Votes
I
bought my GWM Steed 5 2.4 on 19 July 2013 and not even 10 months later (with
26 432 kilometers on the odometer), I had to replace the tyres on the
vehicle!!! I contacted GWM Rosettenville
on 11 April 2014 to inform them of this problem, sent pictures of the worn
down tyres, submitted original reports from Tiger Wheel and Tyre and have
followed up with them on several occasions but still I am just being ignored!! My worry is that they must have put cheap imitation
tyres on my vehicle for them to have run down so quickly! I sincerely hope that this is not what they
do with all their GWM vehicles!!
 23rd of Jul, 2014 by   DAVID HEYNS 0 Votes
Ek het `n GWM 2012 model gekoop. binne `n jaar het dit begin roes. Ek het dit by my naaste GWM kantoor te Vredenburg aangemeld. Dit het my byna 3maande geneem voor my claim suksesvol was nadat ek vanaf Elandsbaai na Vredenburg telke male moes ry. Uiteindelik was my claim suksesvol. Weskaap Bakwerke gaan nou die roes verwyder. Dit sal 4 dae neem. Gedurende die 4dae moet ek op een of ander manier oor die weg kom. Weskaap sowel as GWM gee te kenne dat hulle nie aan my `n motor vir daardie 4 dae kan gee nie. Elandsbaai is ongeveer 94 van vredenburg af. Hoe moet ek oor die weg kom gedurende die 4 dae? Ek sukkel al heel dag om GWM Vredenburg se bestuurder in die hande te kry, sonder sukses. Waar sal my hulp vandaan kom??????????????????????????

Ontstoke GWM Bestuurder
David Heyns
Elandsbaai
 28th of Jul, 2014 by   Sean0001 0 Votes
My Steed5, Dubbel kajuit, 4x4 is al deur geroes, Die Bakwerk is geroes, die "strips"bokant die dak, die betaal langs die flikkers, al 4 deure, ens ens. Hulle se hulle kan niks doen nie omrede ek my voertuig by 'n ander handelaar ge diens het. Ek baie spyt oor hierdie voertuig. Alle sterkte vir jou
 28th of Jul, 2014 by   Sean0001 0 Votes
I'll list all my problems since day 01 of purchasing the GWM Steed5, 4x4, Double Cab.
Showed GWM Dealer Manager scratch marks and paint marks on vehicle at point of purchase- still nothing done.
Fuel Flap does not open/close properly- GWM Bent it to fix it.
Water coming n at both doors when being washed.
Towbar installed cannot be used as it is too close to "step". Even small trailers's hook grinds against "step"
Replaced Front and Back tyres as Cast and Camber (front) was not adjusted right on 40 000km.
Aircon keeps on freezing up- started the 1st day on 35km.
Turbo Pipe burst/broke 11 time during the 1st 30 000km.
Step(below Tailgate) Rusted before 20 000km- Purchased and fitted another- already rusting again.
Front Brake discs worn on 20 000km.
Wipers stopped working on 40 000km- still not fixed.
Orange light (Something to do with brakes I think) still lit up on dashboard since 5 000km.
Right front door sensor still does not work.
Bin (Rubberising done by GWM) rusted right through- can see the ground through the holes.
Tailgate Completely Rusted away.
All 4 Doors (on top, behind the rubbers) completely rusted.
Strips on Roof Completely Rusted (underneath the rubbers).
Corners of back window rusted.
Centre Console Top broke (Plastic Hinges)
Passenger front seat worn as well as right seat (on 40 000km)
Piston Broke, engine stuffed... Vehicle standing.
 11th of Aug, 2014 by   hatt 0 Votes
Hi my name is Dirk I agree with you all GWM is a piece of crap .I got a 2013 steed 5 bran new .Since I got it I just had problems with this vehicle .I bought it in Kimberley by GWM.And on 500km it got its first clutch and it was still not right still shuddering . Took it back to them and the macanic said all the 2.2 mpi are doing this.I told him don't talk kak to me I never heard of someting like this and I am a macanicvehicle .I bought it in Kimberley by GWM.And on 500km it got its first clutch and it was still not right still shuddering . Took it back to the .So the macanic got hardegat so I wanted to moer him and his dp so they run away all around the bakkie . I took the bakkie to bloemfontein .How do they say from bad to worse .They replaced again the clutch after 10 000km and still not right .Now they have to take out the gearbox and sent it away and they will decide if they are gone replace the gearbox .They replaced the slipjoint and rear window is leaking water in and this is on a bran new bakkie .The best is I stay in Kimberley and they don't have a courtysi vehicle or demo to give me to drive with .I have to drive with 2 vehicles to Bloemfontein to leave my bakkie and it cost me money. My thing is how long is my vehicle gone stand there . Than I am paying for someting I don't have . But I'm not leaving it there I'm still busy with the obits man and lawyers .I am tiered to struggle with this bakkie what I bought I did not struggle with my other vehicles.PS I NEVER EVER BY ME A GWM AGAIN .I am telling every one I speak to what piece of shit GWM is . Because you can fone Roman at head office he don't do noting to help

Airline Websites May Offer Cheapest Tickets