Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

GTL Health Insurance

Posted:

false claims-rip off

GTL Health Insurance
My boyfriend is self employed-48 yrs old and uninsured---scared of what the future would hold if he was sick or injured. I went on line to try and find affordable health insurance-being ignorant about computers- i simply googled low income health insurance-came to a sight which asked for some info-nothing to personal-and came up with 5 quotes from reputable companies such as Blue plus. I decided to let my boyfriend take a look at the details and get back to any of them if interested. Within a day of filling out this info.- i get a call from "Stephanie" from GTL insurance-offering my boyfriend insurance for as little as 119.00 a month-NO deductable-rates don't change-and he is covered for mental health-dental-vision-everything-and she said they have been in business longer than Blue Plus and she is on the same plan-it is the best and he can be insured tomorrow! I naively and excitedly called my boyfriend and told him to call her and find out more-he called me back shortly thereafter and said "Stephanie" was a big fraud and that she said they would pick up the cost of his vision and his dental-he just need to give his Credit card info and she would send the paper work...she didn't ask his name-age-address-nothing about his health-or any pre-existing conditions-but wanted that credit card info right away...stephanie-vile human being with no conscience-please bust this f-ing company...so sad to prey on the vulnerable and decent people of this so called rich country-can't even afford to take care of its own...oh canada...
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Apr, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I can assure you "Stephanie" was not from GTL. She was however a marketer who may have been selling one of GTL's insurance products and it is unfortunate that she described herself as from GTL. GTL provides valid insurance products and is not responsibile for over-aggressive insurance agents who don't take the time to adequately explain the types of coverage that they sell.

GTL is a reputable company that has been around for 70+ years. More information on GTL's products can be found here:

13th of May, 2010 by    -1 Votes
So I just received my policy termination notice from GTL. No reason given though I am told that I can opt for a replacement policy that will have me go from a $5, 000.00 deductible to a, are you ready for this, a $25, 000.00 deductible. A 5 times jump. How about that. I wonder how many of the thousands of people who just found this out would like to think about a class action suit. I for one would like to hear from others and some legal advise on this one.
GTL, has some very small regard for their member insure es!
Michael M.
 13th of May, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Welcome to Obamacare my friend! As a result of the recent healthcare legislation insurance companies are being forced to provide plans with no life-time limits and to cover pre-existing conditions. If you want to start a class-action suit, you may want to sue Congress and Obama first on your list. Good luck with that!
 14th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
I believe all the bad advertising for this company is false.
 25th of Nov, 2014 by    0 Votes
We paid our premiums on time supplies all the paperwork GTL demanded but they still REFUSE to pay the claim I think they are just a scam to cheat seniors out of their money dont go near this company

Contact Us

Website Hijacking. Know who are dealing with!
Website Hijacking. Know who are dealing with!
more videos More Videos