logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (13 mins ago)
Google / Work At Home Software
Not requested / credit card charged
2. (17 mins ago)
Fake Passport Websites
Scam or Real?
3. (23 mins ago)
Igor Kasbar took all my money
Igor Kasbar stole my money

Griggs & Associates

Posted:    Leon

Unauthorized debits

Griggs & Associates
This company Griggs and Associates, a debt collection company, took an unauthorized debit payment from by checking account. I gave them clearance to take a one time debit. A week later I checked my account to see that they took another payment without my clearance and authorization. The amount of this second payment they took without clearance was a substantial large amount. I am reporting them as well as disputing this payment with my bank. If you have had bad expeririences with this debt collection company, report them. I will be pursuing legal matters as this is very illegal and an unethical practice. Contacted my bank and put them on alert and will be contacting Griggs when they open Monday morning. They will not get this payment cleared!!
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of May, 2010 by   esko 0 Votes
Griggs & Associates attempted to take an unathorized payment from my checking account. I alerted the bank to stop payment and cancel my card. I attempted to contact Ggiggs & Associates who would not return my messages. I filed a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office and my bank, who are now investigating this matter.Griggs & Associates refuse to fax or email proof that the debt is mine. The company they claim the debt is owed to could not be located.
 20th of Aug, 2010 by   concerned57078 0 Votes
Griggs & Associates claim to be an investigator and told me that i need to make a payment so I did And I have adviced them that I only live on $200 a month and so i could not afford very much . I also advised them I wanted a reciept with a confirmation # and have yet recieved one it has been a week and 1/2 now.. hmmmm
 2nd of May, 2012 by   Colorado mama 0 Votes
For all that are reading these posts and having issues with these scam artist bullies, I was advised by my Attorney General today to file a complaint with the FTC, which I have done. https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
 26th of Mar, 2013 by   bobs52 0 Votes
I paid a debt in 2010 and still they threaten me with bank fraud charges and the bank sold the account in 2007 the account was closed in 2005 i even have proof of the debt being paid
 26th of Mar, 2013 by   bobs52 0 Votes
and by the way i showed them proof and still they threaten me unless I pay them i payed another debt collection place

5 Easy Ways to Save $1,000