logo

Wholly unacceptable

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Greentree Mortgage Servicing, Rapid City, South Dakota Complaints & Reviews - Mortgage pmts and water damage

Greentree Mortgage Servicing Contacts & Informations

Greentree Mortgage Servicing

Posted:    digustedperson

Mortgage pmts and water damage

Greentree Mortgage Servicing
PO Box 6158
Rapid City, South Dakota
Phone: 800-643-0202
HELP! HELP! HELP!...First let me say it has been pure hell dealing with Greentree Mortgage...they don't want to give me a modification on my loan...they talk very nasty to me and threating me...they make comments and say that I am never going to make my payment because I don't care...they just go on and on and on...I ask about lowing my interest rate and also I ask about the plan that President Obama put in place and they state to me that it don't pertain to me...I can't get help with that program because I have Doublewide home...Also, right now I have water damage coming from a leak in my hot water heater...the rep.(cindy in claims) stated to me that I can't get the money to fix the damages until I fill out forms and send her documentation...take it they sent a claim adjustor out to our property to access the damages and he took pictures and sent me and my husband a item statement of the damages...I need someone to please help me with this situation...One I need my damages fix and also I need my mortgage refinance with low interest rate or a modification...I have to children one is a sophomore in college and my daughter is going for masters...I have pay the internal revenue services...that is how i fell behind on my mortgage payment...NOT ONLY THEY ARE NOT HELPING ME MY PMTS INCREASE FROM 908.00 TO 985.00 A MONTH...PLEASE WHOMEVER READING THIS I NEED SOMEONE TO REACH TO HELP MY FAMILY...GREENTREE IS HORRIBLE, NIGHTMARE...HELP ME!
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Jun, 2009 by   Tracy 0 Votes
Green Tree want's you to Foreclose. I have been fighting with them for months. File a complant at www.whitehouse.gov to have them investigated for fraud. Most of Green Tree's loans are moble homes, they think just because you live in a moble home that you are stupid and they can take advantage of you. (Your loan my not be for a moble home, either way they still think your trash as they do all there customers.)
Contact HUD in your area and have them deal with Green Tree directly. I have refuesed to deal with them over the phone. I sent them a FedEx package last week showing them where I was right on my payments and told them not to call that I would only respond to something in writing. I just found the below today. And if you search the web, you will see that they are treating all their customers like dirt. Turn the table on them and FIGHT BACK. I am!!!

THE WHITE HOUSE

Office of the Press Secretary
_________________________________________________________
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE May 20, 2009

REFORMS FOR AMERICAN HOMEOWNERS AND CONSUMERS
President Obama Signs the Helping Families Save Their Homes Act and the Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act

WASHINGTON – Today, President Obama will sign the Helping Families Save Their Homes Act and the Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act into law.

"These landmark pieces of legislation will protect hardworking Americans, crack down on those who seek to take advantage of them, and ensure that the problems that led us into this crisis never happen again, " said President Obama.

The Helping Families Save Their Homes Act is an important step towards stabilizing and reforming our nation’s financial and housing markets – helping American homeowners and increasing the flow of credit during these difficult economic times. This legislation will strengthen our nation's housing sector and facilitate the goals of the Administration's Making Home Affordable Program by helping millions of American homeowners stay in their homes.

The Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act will protect the American people by giving the federal government new tools and resources to prevent fraud. This reform bill will help the federal government keep markets free and fair, so that American consumers can thrive.

Fact sheets on both pieces of legislation are below.

The Helping Families Save Their Homes Act

Expanding Reach of Making Home Affordable to Help More Homeowners
The deep contraction in the economy and in the housing market has created devastating consequences for homeowners and communities throughout the country. Since January, the Administration has made significant progress in developing and implementing a comprehensive plan for stabilizing our housing market, the centerpiece of which is the Making Home Affordable Program (MHA). By reducing foreclosures around the country, the average homeowner could see their house price bolstered by as much as $6, 000 as a result of this plan, and as many as 9 million homeowners may increase the affordability of their mortgages and avoid preventable foreclosures.

Our progress in implementing MHA to date has been substantial. We have introduced detailed guidelines for loan modifications which will establish a new standard practice for affordable modifications in the industry. Servicers covering more than 75 percent of loans in the country have now begun modifications and refinancings under the Administration’s MHA Program. We have also launched MakingHomeAffordable.gov, a consumer website for the program, which has had more than 17 million page views in less than 2 months, announced details of our Second Lien Program, Home Price Decline Protection Incentives and Foreclosure Alternatives Program, strengthened Hope for Homeowners as a part of the MHA program, and expanded the efforts of the federal government to combat mortgage rescue fraud.

Improvements to Hope for Homeowners The legislative improvements to Hope for Homeowners included in S.896 should significantly improve the ability of borrowers to benefit from the opportunities provided by Hope for Homeowners in the context of the Administration’s housing plan. On April 28th we announced new details describing how Hope for Homeowners will be strengthened as a part of the Administration’s Making Home Affordable Program. Incentive payments will be available for successful Hope for Homeowners refinances and servicers will be required to evaluate all applicants for eligibility for Hope for Homeowners as well as the Home Affordable Modification Program.

Hope for Homeowners targets help to underwater borrowers, who often face heightened risks of foreclosure, by requiring principal writedowns to help homeowners increase the equity they own in their homes. The legislative modifications to the Hope for Homeowners program included in S.896 will ease restrictions on eligibility and enable refinancing of underwater mortgages for a greater number of borrowers.

Modifications to FHA and federally guaranteed farm loans Legislative changes to FHA and federally guaranteed farm loans will facilitate cost-neutral loan modifications for federally guaranteed rural housing loans and FHA loans. These changes will improve the Administration’s ability to provide assistance to responsible borrowers with federally guaranteed rural housing loans and FHA loans as part of the Making Home Affordable Program.

Increasing Flow of Credit by Expanding FDIC and NCUA Capabilities
The Helping Families Save Their Homes Act of 2009 contains provisions that will help to restore and support the flow of credit in the US economy. The act authorizes new important tools to assist in stabilizing the financial system during the current economic downturn. Together these provisions, described below, should provide additional support for increasing the flow of credit in the US economy.

Extension of temporary increase in deposit insurance Extending the temporary increase in deposit insurance will provide added confidence to depositors. This will provide depository institutions with a more stable source of funding and enhanced ability to continue making credit available across our economy.

Increase in borrowing authority of the FDIC
Increasing the borrowing authority for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) to $100 billion will allow the FDIC to spread out premium increases over time. This will reduce near-term costs for banks and thrifts, which will enhance their ability to continue making credit available. As a further tool to protect the financial system, the legislation also includes a process to allow the FDIC to borrow additional amounts through December 31, 2010.

Increase in NCUA borrowing authority and creation of a stabilization fund The legislation will increase the borrowing authority for the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) to $6 billion and create a Stabilization Fund to address problems in the corporate credit union sector. This will reduce near-term costs for credit unions, which will enhance their ability to continue making credit available. As a further tool to protect the financial system, the legislation also includes a process to allow the NCUA to borrow additional amounts through December 31, 2010.

Increasing Consumer Protections Related to Housing

Establishes protections for renters living in foreclosed homes One of the often overlooked problems in the foreclosure crisis has been the eviction of renters in good standing, through no fault of their own, from properties in foreclosure. To address the problem of these tenants being forced out of their homes with little or no notice, this legislation will require that in the event of foreclosure, existing leases for renters are honored, except in the case of month-to-month leases or owner occupants foreclosing in which cases a minimum of 90 days notice will be required. Parallel protections are put in place for Section 8 tenants.

Establishes right of a homeowner to know who owns their mortgage
Often mortgage loans are sold and transferred a number of times. Borrowers often have difficulty determining who owns their loan, and who to contact with questions, problems or complaints about their loan. This legislation requires that borrowers be informed whenever their loan is sold or transferred, so that they will always know who owns their loan.

Provides Comprehensive New Resources for Homeless Americans
This legislation significantly increases aid to homeless Americans, appropriating $2.2 billion dollars to help solve the crisis of homelessness, and address the enormous costs homelessness can impose on individuals, families, neighborhoods and communities. In addition, the legislation consolidates homelessness programs to improve effectiveness and streamline administration, and targets assistance to families with children – the fastest growing segment of the homeless population.

The Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act

Strengthening the Capacity to Fight, Prevent, and Deter Fraud
The legislation strengthens the capacity of federal prosecutors and regulators to hold accountable those who have committed fraud. The amendments expand the Department of Justice’s authority to prosecute crimes involving mortgage fraud, commodities fraud, and fraud involving U.S. government assistance provided during the recent economic crisis.

Covering private mortgage brokers and other companies Over 50% of sub-prime mortgages issued as recently as 2005 involved private mortgage institutions and similar entities not currently covered under federal bank fraud criminal statutes. FERA amends the definition of a "financial institution" in the criminal code (18 U.S.C. § 20). This will extend Federal laws to private mortgage brokers and companies that are not directly regulated or insured by the Federal Government.

This law will expand the Department of Justice’s authority to prosecute mortgage fraud involving private mortgage institutions under a variety of statutes, including 18 U.S.C. § 215 (financial institution bribery); 18 U.S.C. § 225 (continuing financial crimes enterprise); 18 U.S.C. § 1005 (false statement/entry/record for financial institution); and 18 U.S.C. § 1344 (bank/financial institution fraud).
The bill changes the definition of "financial institution" to include private mortgage brokers and other non-bank lenders will enhance our ability to prosecute criminals under the bank fraud statute who commit fraud involving loans from those companies.
Prohibiting manipulation of the mortgage lending business
The new law changes the mortgage applications statute (18 U.S.C. § 1014) to make it a crime to make a materially false statement or to willfully overvalue a property in order to influence any action by a mortgage lending business. Currently, the offense only applies to federally-regulated institutions.

Protecting the Integrity of TARP and the Recovery Act
The legislation amends the major fraud statute (18 U.S.C. § 1031) to protect funds expended under TARP and the Recovery Act.

Covering commodity futures and options in anti-fraud statutes
This law amends the Federal securities statute (18 U.S.C. § 1348) to cover fraud schemes involving commodity futures and options. Currently, the statute does not reach frauds involving options or futures, which include some of the derivatives and other financial products that were part of the financial collapse.

Broadening the False Claims Act
FERA modifies the False Claims Act (FCA) to eliminate the requirement that a false claim be presented to a federal official, or that it directly involve federal funds. It also amends the FCA reverse false claims provision to ensure that the knowing retention of an overpayment is a violation.

Providing the Resources to Keep Markets Free and Fair
There is no shortcut to effective fraud enforcement and prevention. FERA will also provide needed resources to help the Department investigate and prosecute those who engage in fraudulent schemes.

Investing in fraud prevention and enforcement
The legislation authorizes up to $165 million in new resources for FY 2010 and 2011 to hire fraud prosecutors and investigators.

Strengthening the federal government’s full regulatory and enforcement capacity
The legislation authorizes $140 million for the FBI, $50 million for U.S. Attorney’s Offices; $20 million for the Criminal Division, $15 million for the Civil Division, $5 million for the Tax Division, $30 million for the US Postal Inspection Service, $30 million for the Inspector General at the Department of Housing and Urban Development, $20 million for the Secret Service, and $21 million for the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Addressing the Causes and Consequences of the Crisis
This legislation creates a bipartisan Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission to investigate the financial practices that brought us to this point, so that we make sure it never happens again.
 16th of Jul, 2009 by   David Fancher 0 Votes
My Loan was sold recently from Irwin Union Bank to Green Tree, and i've been trying to pay it off as quickly as possible, and now they are losing my check, Green tree is a night mare, and this site confirms it, what can I do?
 31st of Jul, 2009 by   momishavinganervousbreakdown 0 Votes
we had a mortgage wit our original creditor that was in good standing, then they sold it to who we don't know, but somehow it got into green tree's hands we just found out were going into sheriff sale august 20 th 2009, it is July 31, 2009 . no where to go. they have never sent us a statement, not a 1 now they tell us to get a fax of it we have to give them $10, 000 or we won't see it, i need it to prove to get food stamps since hubby became unemployed last month. they told us to bad 10 thousand or were not sending. i got 2 kids who need food. where do they have right to extort? and how would we send a payment if we have no idea of account number where to send or the amount. these people are not bright. i wish the President or someone would investigate their illegal pratices
 3rd of Aug, 2009 by   trudy ann 0 Votes
I too am having problems dealing with greentree. they are rude and nasty on the phone and only want to know when the next paycheck is coming in to make a payment. my spouse lost her job in sept. 09 and have sent all the required documents they needed for a loan modification and have no results to this day. when we ask to talk to who ever is in charge, he is either in the bathroom or not in that day or on vacation. with a 12% interest rate and a cut in our income a loan modification would be a big help. my wife refuses to talk to them on the phone. every other mortgage co. is willing to help you stay in your home except greentree. if anyone has any ideas what to do next let me know. I will never recommend greentree services to my worst enemy.
 5th of Aug, 2009 by   BURNT IN TEXAS 0 Votes
where is my comment? Burnt in Texas
 5th of Aug, 2009 by   BURNT IN TEXAS 0 Votes
I just returned from the Texas Consumer Credit Commissioner's office. They told me to fill out complaint forms against Greentree with them and the Federal Trade Commission. They told me to tweet, twit, bleep and blog every way possible to let people know what is going on. The phone number for the Texas office is 512-936-7600 or 1 800-538-1579. The Federal Trade Commission phone number is 1-877-382-4357. FTC web site is www.FTC.gov. There is a site that MSNBC has that accepts complaints. Let's all hit it and see what happens. Each state has their own credit commissioner. The paper is only 1 page. Write a cover letter to send with the complaint to explain. Make some noise people. I AM!!! If your issue also contains problems with CIT, which mine are, their phone number is 1-800-621-1433. and they are out of bankruptcy now so they can collect our money without having to pay their creditors. The mailing address for the FTC is: FTC, 240600 Pennsvlvania Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20580
 30th of Nov, 2009 by   LoanModificationPrograms 0 Votes
They are many companies that are legitimate and can help homeowners stop foreclosure and keep their homes.

Mortgage Assistance Group is one of those companies that holds an "A" rating with the BBB and has help over 500 homeowners keep their homes.

They give a discount to the homeowners who have been scammed and treat each client with respect and dignity.

You can reach them at 623-486-4505 and at www.mag-az.com.

Thanks and good luck,

Randy D.

P.S. If you know someowner they can help, They will pay a $100 referral!
 27th of Jan, 2010 by   Mjones1 0 Votes
This is a very difficult company to deal with. My mortgage was sold to them beginning 10/1/09. The first problem was that they were not posting the payments properly. I have always rounded my payment up to the nearest dollar and the extra was posted to the principal. They decided on their own the extra would go to the next payment. I was required to send them a letter detailing where I wanted the money to go. Then they decided that my home owners insurance deductible was too high at $2000.00 and they made me lower it to $1000.00. If I did not they threatened me with billing me for their insurance. They have lost payments and demanded that I give them an additional payment while they were in contact with my bank to get proof they cashed my check. They constantly threaten me with late fees. This month they received my payment on 1/6/2010 and posted in in entirety to the principal while leaving my 2/2010 payment due. When I called to question them, they insisted that I still need to pay 2/2010 payment and they would not accept the payment they posted on 1/6/2010 toward my payment because I paid them too early. They refused to correct the problem due to "my inability to manage my bills". After that phone call, I quickly phoned the FTC, Attorney General and the Office of Financial Regulations for my state. They all urged me to encourage others to do the same. This company likes to screw with people and scam them out of their money. I told them I was not happy with the customer service and was them told "well, what are you going to do about it". If you have a loan with this company, you must watch your account very closely. I check my account on the website weekly and call monthly. I get everyone's name and take notes on conversations. Don't let this company take advantage of you. Stand up to them.
 9th of Mar, 2011 by   jagusm89 0 Votes
They have been calling me nonstop, now get this, on my In-Law's mortgage that I am not a guarantor on. I have nothing to do with it yet they have been calling me to "locate them". This is after they just talked to them and hour before. They have even asked me to pay the bill. I sent them a certified letter that if they didn't cease and decist, a lawsuit was forthcoming.
 7th of Aug, 2012 by   scott forman 0 Votes
I had no idea there were others like me Greentre has put me in financial ruins they keep trying to foreclose on my manufactured home hid a baloon payment from me inthe contract and will not give me the opertunity to lower my interest which is 11 percent . I am a single father have been employed at the same company for 13 years and that means nothing to them . Molst recently i had an electrical fire in my home . My insurance company was quick to get a chec to me for repairs as we were without power the check was written to myself and greentree i had to endorse it send it back to greentree and now the y had me go to home depot aquiree a list with reciepts take before and after pictures hive had 5 inspections and they still havent sent me back the money to pay for all of thios all the while i have to make an 850.0 mortgager payment to them this is not right i would still be without power today if it wasnt for my own thriftyness they have 12000.00 dollars and are sitting on it it had my name on it i bought and repaiured everything they asked and still nothing i barley made last month mortgage payment had to borrow from a realitive i need legal council they have tried numerous times to keep me in default i sent a cashiers check from my bank to them for a mortgage payment the y charged me yet another 78.00 late fee stateing that there were insufficiant funds good god it was from a ban k my bank handled it but no late fee came off now owe 3000.00 in bogus latefees and they will not deal with me in anyway if ever there were a crooked mortgage company its greentree i really need to know wherew to turn for legal help scott forman 19477 rd a ne soaplake washington 98851 5099891266 lets stop there reign of terror now i
 31st of Aug, 2013 by   KelikaGurl 0 Votes
GMAC has sold my loan to Green Tree. I am having financial hardship and decided to apply for a loan modification. I have contacted their mitigation department and spoke to Keisha. Keisha advised me that I have been denied for the loan modification because I am not delinquent on my loan. I have explained to Keisha that under the HAMP modification program the requirements are delinquent or in danger of falling behind on your mortgage payment. Keisha stated that the only way that I will qualify for the loan modification under the HAMP loan modification program or Fannie Mae loan modification program is if I die or my co-signer die, or permanently injured, or delinquent, or going thru a divorce. She also stated that they are a lot of people that has a mortgage with Green Tree who are delinquent with their mortgage payments and are being denied for the loan modification. Keisha said that Green Tree is not able to help me and suggested that I try to refinance my loan under the HAMP loan program or be delinquent on my loan. I have explained to Keisha that I tried to refinance my loan under the HAMP program but was denied because of my income to debt ratio. Keisha then advised me that under the HAMP refinance program income to debt ratio is not one of the requirements. She transferred me to their loan department only to find out that they do not originate loans in Hawaii. Green Tree does not have compassion and will not modify loans when in need.
 3rd of Sep, 2013 by   Timothy M. Stull 0 Votes
We have had success on many loan modification cases v. Green Tree. We will contact Green Tree FREE of charge to start. We will apply the necessary pressure with an impact interview. Next, we will determine a strategic plan to strip down the validity of the debt vi Federal and State Level complaints. This will make it impossible for Green Tree to collect on the debt and force them into cooperation. Feel free to call my office at 877.297.7011 or visit www.Fresh-Start.co for more info.

Grandparent Scams