logo

Pedro Pagnozzi
Attorney
2. (4 mins ago)
Direct TV
Military orders and still charged
3. (15 mins ago)
The Wonderful Wood Company London
Non Delivery, Refusal to give refund
4. (46 mins ago)
Anil Saini
anil saini fraud cheat scammer....
5. (1 hr 12 mins ago)
vouchercash
Scammed with Ukash Exchange

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

GREENDOT AID PLAN, Santa Clarita, California Complaints & Reviews - Theft By Telecommunications

GREENDOT AID PLAN Contacts & Informations

GREENDOT AID PLAN

Posted:    MargaretFriona

Theft By Telecommunications

GreenDot Aid Plan
Santa Clarita, California
We have and email address for this Marilyn Ritchie in our files.

I received a check in the mail for 962.35 for a grant and to me it seemed legitmate. I did as asked and sent 400.00 via a greendot money pak and this check bounced my account and now I am worse off.. Marilyn Ritchie is the one who sent this check so please beware.

I am pressing charges and I WILL get my money back from this.

I'm also filing complaints with the BetterBusinessBureau, the Attorneys General Offices in Texas and California, as well as the Office of the United States Postal Inspector.

I
Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Nov, 2009 by   redd09 0 Votes
i have in my hands a check from marilyn ritchie for exactly $965.49 i'm suppose to cash it and send her $404.00 with the promise that she will send me another check when she gets the money but now i don't know what to do is it really a fake check or not if any one can explain this to me please e-mail me at sonjae1496@yahoo.com thank you.
 28th of Nov, 2009 by   Question4u 0 Votes
My husband got a check from Marilyn Ritchie today for$965.49 and I decided to check with the net to see if a scam is going on. She asked for $403.00. I am heading for the shreder. Thank you to others who did mention it to alert everyone.
 30th of Nov, 2009 by   concernedcop 0 Votes
I received the same type of check from Marilyn Richie (968.75 with returning 405). The only thing with this check that really bothers me is that it carries US Bank logo. Has anyone alerted the "issuing banks" to this scam??? By the way, shredding mine now...
 2nd of Dec, 2009 by   548kat 0 Votes
I received the same check for 954.69. they wanted me to send them 403.00. What I liked about this letter is that it said if you did not send them there money they would turn it over to a collection company. I am taking it to the police and let them look into it.
 4th of Dec, 2009 by   Chickenlobster 0 Votes
I just notified the bank!! They would not confirm funds in the account but the gentleman on the phone said he was gonna notify the FRAUD dept.! So I hope no one else is hurt by this company, and I hope the people in charge of this scam get exactly what they deserve for hurting people when they are down.
 4th of Dec, 2009 by   tripleaandb 0 Votes
Who do we report this check scam to??
 14th of Dec, 2009 by   eaglefeather 0 Votes
My husband receuved a check from Greendot Aid program as well. The request for money caused some concern. the typos on the bottom of the check causeed more. Looked up R&H Enterprises who the check was from. Have a website but not impressive. Did not calm questions. Found this site and will also call US Bank
Thanks
 18th of Dec, 2009 by   tiniho 0 Votes
I received a check in the amount of $979.45. I was going to cash it @ the currency exchange as I never place checks for deposit into my account. However, seeing this, I called the bank and was told to take it to a local branch office and they could determine if it is fake or not (my guess is that it's fake). I want to actually catch the thieving bastard preying on people during these tough economic times and have him/her or them prosecuted to the full extent of the law. These are similar tactics the email scam artists use when they attempt to extract bank account information for U.S. citizens from Africa and those places where you have "won" some international lottery or someone has died and left a substantial amount of cash for someone but they cannot access the money because they do not have an account in which to deposit the check. That is where the sucker comes in. You give them all of your account information and you will receive a substantial sum for letting the criminal deposit the check into your account. Meanwhile, they are raping your account of all of the money that's in it.
 18th of Dec, 2009 by   tiniho 0 Votes
furthermore, just called moneygram payment systems, inc and they stopped processing checks on US Bank account in March '08 SCAM
 18th of Dec, 2009 by   cherub +1 Votes
Thank You for posting the info on this scam. I was very leery when I received the check since my husband got scammed out of almost $1900 a couple of months ago by a scum on craigslist. My husband was just trying to look for work since he got laid off his job and that money we had to pay for the scam wiped us out of the little bit we had. Now we are really struggling because of it and this check looked real good right now, but I am now very untrusting of anything. I sure hope they get caught and locked up. But if not, it gives me great pleasure to know they will burn in Hell for eternity for what they are doing to innocent, struggling, hurting people.
 19th of Dec, 2009 by   kathi2009 0 Votes
I too have a check in my hand. Thank you for posting this awareness, I just ripped it up.
 23rd of Dec, 2009 by   Juliana James-Thomas +1 Votes
I am a long time mortgage professional, specializing in comprehensive financial analysis, helping borrowers get the very best home loans at the best terms for their specific situations and goals.

Yesterday a client called and asked to come see me this morning. After discussing his file here he said he wanted to ask about something unrelated to his loan. He then showed me a check from E & W Enterprises, drawn on US Bank. The check has the usual watermarks and graduated color background. The check was signed by Jennifer Marlo and the letter accompanying the check was signed by Marilyn Ritchie.

The letter states that recipient has been approved for a grant in the amount of $10, 000. The commission to Ms. Ritchie for securing the grant is represented to be 4%, i.e., $400. Ms. Ritchie goes on to tell the recipient to deposit this preliminary check in the amount of $944.55 into his bank account. Then, pay the $400 commission via a commercially available Greendot card to Merchant ID#8549. She states, once that's done the balance of $9, 055.45, which is "waiting in our office" will be sent via overnight air express delivery. Until then the balance of $544.55 is his to spend however he likes, she wrote.

I'm a strong believer in there being no free lunch and if it sounds too good to be true then it almost certainly is. I trust people but even after reading the fine print, always find ways to do independent research to validate information BEFORE signing anything. I try to educate my borrowers to do the same.

After reading through the letter I warned my client that even if it were an authentic check, running it through his bank would give the sender his bank name, account number, and routing information. That alone was a great concern. So, the first thing to do would be to call US Bank and determine whether the check was authentic with sufficient funds in the account to pay it. If so, perhaps there would be an argument for presenting it directly to US Bank for cash.

Well, there are no US Bank retail branches in Tulsa so we called the closest one listed, in Joplin. The manager there said they're familiar with this scam but that the checks she's known of have been written on a Bank of America account.

I gave her the routing number 092005411, and learned it belongs to First Interstate Bank in Helena Montana, not US Bank at all.

There have been charlatans, criminals, con artists and crooks probably for as long as there have been humans, but this scam is especially offensive, with our country in a tenuous but apparent growing economic recovery, so many people out of work and at holiday time too.

The US Bank branch manager agreed to accept a copy via fax and put in motion all the legal action available to the bank. Since the US Postal Service is involved we're notifying the US Postal Inspector General, the US Attorney's office, Minnesota, California, and Oklahoma's Attorney Generals, the Better Business Bureau, and FBI.

After all of that I wanted to take a minute to post here. I hope it helps prevent other victims as well as catching and stopping these villains.

Sincere & Warm Regards,
Juliana James-Thomas
Senior Mortgage Banker
jjames-thomas@1stcapitalok.com
918-274-1519
 24th of Jan, 2010 by   michelle Flachmeyer 0 Votes
I just got a check for 1, 509. 75 on Jan 16 of 210 form Marilion Ritchie what a jerk how can they get by with this crape people should get what they have comeing to them this is a joke let's hang this idiot mine is signed by Mark briggs he the one on the check notery.
 25th of Jan, 2010 by   Luis Miranda 0 Votes
I have a check for 944.00 from supposely greendot aid plan, marilyn ritchie saying that i have a grant for 10, 000.00 and waiting in an office. I did in fact sent the money pak for 404.00 which was going to be her commission but canceled it after i saw this complaints, can some one help me, or who can I contact so i can be able to fix this issue. Dont want to make a mistake and end up losing money from my pocket. If some can help email me at luismiranda89@hotmail.com
 6th of Feb, 2010 by   Wisegal 0 Votes
I just got the so-called "Official Check" 527421835 092005411 0610010698282
RIPPED IT UP and hope they get their karma for scamming people
 10th of Feb, 2010 by   J. Blount 0 Votes
My check came today, for %965.33. Asking for 4.07% ($407). It is also from Marilyn Ritchie. Supposedly mine has N & W Enterprises on the check, too. (Under signature) I even looked to see if N & W Enterprises exists. I found nothing on that company at all. It's from MoneyGram Payment Systems, Inc. PO Box 9476, Minneapolis, MN 55480. I was suspicious, to begin with. after searching & finding this site, I'm more than convinced it's fake. I'd suggest making a copy of the check & letter. You can then contact the FBI & send them a copy. If we all do this, then the scammer may just be caught.
 22nd of Feb, 2010 by   Uptown 0 Votes
i RECEIVED A CHECK FROM THIS PERSON CLAIMING THAT THEY HAD A GRANT FOR ME FOR THE AMOUNT OF 10, 000. i WAS very fortunate i did lose not any money... after i deposited the check i decided to look in to this company on the internet. I found all the complaints and i called my bank and they were able to stop processing the deposit so no informationwas given to this person. I am not working and my financial situation is very bad. But thanks god nothing came of this... thank you to everybody who have share their esperience so others like me where able to avoid being scam. the check was issued by bank of america... gotta say the check looks very real.
 26th of Feb, 2010 by   Tracy Oakley 0 Votes
I received a check today from Marilyn Ritchie from the Mcdonalds French Fry Trust. Check came from Banco Popular in Chicago, Illinois. Also stating that it was a grant fro the amount of $10 thousand dollars. Wanted me to send her a 4.08 commission. I'm tearing up mine.
 21st of Apr, 2010 by   johnnyoffice30 0 Votes
LOL! My wife and I just received one of these scam checks in the mail and I just notice on top that it says, "CHAHIER'S CHECK" not cashier's check. What a maroon...

Tax Reform and Governor's Finansial Plan