logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
perfectkicks.net
Don’t buy from them- -total scam
2. (5 mins ago)
perfectkicks.net
Seller is scammer and thief - no idea where my order is
3. (39 mins ago)

Posted:    kappaluv

Harassing Phone Calls

Green Tree Servicing
Illinois
The mortgage has a grace period of 15 days before a payment is considered late and accrues late fees. Every month, I pay my mortgage on the 10th of the month via my personal bill payment schedule. Every month I receive at least 6- 8 calls per day from the 3rd of the month until the payment is cashed by Green Tree on the 12th or 13th of the month depending on the weekend. Every month I explain to rude, pushy collection agents explaining this scenario and that I've never incurred a late fee in the life of the loan. I've spoken with at least 20 representatives from this company including managers and none of them claim to have access to my account history proving this fact. They talk over you when you're speaking, they don't acknowledge any questions that I ask and they are poor communicators. I wish they would sell my mortgage, so I don't have to deal with them ever again.

This is a horrible company to be associated with and I would like to sue them for harassment via the phone. They don't acknowledge the grace period that is set up in the mortgage conditions and add stress to my day. When I'm using my handsfree device while driving, I absolutely detest speaking to anyone associated with their company. How do I get legal protection from harassing companies like Green Tree Servicing? Why should I receive up to 60 phone calls in a 10 day period EVERY MONTH when I've never missed a payment or incurred $1 of late fees?
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Mar, 2010 by   Alleyoop 0 Votes
AAAH-YES--GREENTREE! In the past when we would fall behind they would call our house, apparently all day long. My daughter would get home from school about an hour before my husband and I would get home from work. The answering machine looked like a light show--My daughter answered the phone after playing back all the messages and an account manager by the name of Carol Gosser asked her if she was capable of writing down a message or was she retarded. At that point my daughter was told to never answer the phone in our absence again. They left messages telling us to be out by 6 p.m. or we'd be pad-locked out of the home. They've left messages telling us that they had called the police on us and we were being arrested for fraud. On one occassion some guy said he was calling the sheriff's department and when I told him he was my cousin and gave him the number and when he spoke with him tell him to pick up an extra dozen eggs on his way--he called me a free-loading whore. One time a woman called here pretending to be a mistress of my husbands, whining that Greentree had gotten her number and to make the payment or she would tell his wife about about the two of them. Oh-no-you-don't!! My husband's name can also be a female's name so I called them back and told them I was a lesbian and wanted to hook up with the collection agent who called here.

After that I learned to have some fun with it! I set my answering machine to pick upon the first ring with my voice instead of the automated voice. I say "hello" and they reply "hello-this is so-and-so from"---then my machine says "hello" again--and they begin again--this goes on 3 or 4 times before they realized I wasn't on the phone and they'd gotten the machine--their colleauges were in the background roaring. Whoa-- the name I got called then! One fellow said he was on his cell on his way up to my house and said "I wouldn't want to be you when I get there"! I gave the State Police that phone number and message--charges were to be filed, despite the fact that I had said to him, "Buddy--My St. Bernards are 170 lbs. and 230 lbs.--if you can run your ass back to your car and not loose a limb--you can have the house and the dogs. I don't do this when I seriously delinquent--nor do I recommend it if you are--but if you're just a little late--have some fun with it!!!
 4th of May, 2010 by   guest818 0 Votes
Green Tree took over my mortgage from National City and they never sent a welcome letter or payment instructions. I received a letter from them dated on the 9th of Feb saying my payment was 9 days overdue and also began getting harassing phone calls. I tried to pay online the week before the 1st but in addition to having no account number from them to register, I refused to pay the 12 dollar fee. When i contacted my bank, the check to them had cleared on the 3rd and they were still hounding me. Our relationship started out poorly and has not improved.

I have payed my mortgage by the 7th of each month for the history of the mortgage and it has never been a problem with any other company until now. I too receive harassing phone calls starting on the 3rd of each month. My contract states that I have until the 15th before any late fees are charged and I have never had any fees for the life of the loan.

I will be contacting the better business bureau, the state attorney general, and the FTC to file complaints against these people.
 1st of Jun, 2011 by   kayomrl 0 Votes
I had the same problems with this company. They bought my loan from another company three years ago. My payment is "due" on the 25th of each month and has always paid on the first of the month. Every once in awhile, they'd call saying my payment was late.

Today, I got a new one...they claim my payment is due on the 25th and asked that I change my autopay to be on the 25th. The agent told me it was to my benefit to pay by the due date. I asked how and he said there is interested accrued on the upaid balance. I asked about the grace period and he just replied saying that the money accrues interest because it's a compound interest, not a simple interest.

The guy was blatantly lying and I called him on that. There never has been any additional interest accrued beyond the amount that was supposed to be. That's why they call it a grace period!

Most of the people in the past that called me from Green Tree were at least respectful. Not this jerk. He kept talking over me and insisting on a lie.
 13th of Jul, 2011 by   str8stuf 0 Votes
This company has the rudest customer service people I have ever encountered. I, too, get the calls starting on the 3rd of every month. I will regret forever having taken a mortgage with this company. In all my years and all my experiences with mortgages and creditors, I have never been so harassed or abused. I have had this loan for 5 years and never been late beyond the grace period. Yet, I am still harassed each month they don't receive my payment before the 3rd.

AAA offers Safe Rides for New Years