logo

Green Tree Mortgage

Posted: 2011-03-22 by    ticked in MT

mortgage

greentree mortgage company
Our mortgage company was bought out by Green tree mortgage company and let me tell you we have had nothing but problems with them! They are extremely incompetent, one end has no idea what the other is doing and they love to harass their clients with phone calls. ( We have received 5 phonecalls about 1 issue in the last 18 days!) In this instance we ( admittedly) screwed up and wrote the wrong amount of mortgage payment. They phoned, we apologized, and popped a check for the difference in the mail the very next day. Then we proceeded to get many more phonecalls asking us to send the check ( obviously implying we were lying about having sent it!). We finally checked our bank statement and it showed the check had cleared 10 days ago so I told the rep so today. Her snooty answer?:well, you will continue to accrue late charges until the check shows up. At that point I insisted on talking to her supervisor, who apparently takes 5 minutes to come on the line. So I explained the situation. His answer: send me a copy of the front and the back of the check ( so I am obviously still lying about having sent it!). At this point I lost my temper and hung up. So 5 minutes later he phones back and they have miraculously found my check .BUT, I had written the wrong account number on it so that's why they couldn't find it ( we have 2 accounts with them, would it have been so hard to check this sooner, before harassing us with phonecalls??) So basically he phoned to tell me that I had made a mistake and this was all my fault. Nice customer service, don't you think?!
So, maybe you're thinking, why don't you do automatic withdrawal, so much easier and then you can't screw up writing the check...we did try that at first and they kept screwing that up so we finally said we would just write the check every month.
And another thing: We had some damages to our house due to a big hailstorm. Our insurance gave us a big check, made out to us and Greentree. You would not believe all the hoopla they have us going through to get OUR insurance money. We have to send pictures of the before and after, the estimate for the job, the itemized estimate, the completed w-9 form with tax ID # from the contractor, the itemized bill, the final itemized bill, certificate of completion, and then, to top it all off, an inspection by their representative is required. THIS IS OUR MONEY, PAID BY US THROUGH INSURANCE! I know that Greentree owns a part of our house but having to jump through this many hoops to get OUR money is RIDICULOUS!
So bottom line: if you read this and you still decide to deal with Greentree mortgage you are out of your mind.
If I could divorce them I would.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Nov, 2011 by   GHAll 0 Votes
Same Insurance issue we have. They lie, harrass and are the worst company I have ever dealt with.
 8th of Nov, 2011 by   GHAll 0 Votes
Greentree is a very bad company. They took our big insurance claim check from the deadly tornados and hail storms from April of 2011, and kept it. They disbursed the first half to the contractor for the roof. He sent them back around 1500 and we had to beg to get that sent back to us to buy house materials. When they finally did, it took them over a month. We have been working on our house for several months, but have been finished for 2 months. When the inspector came from Greentree, he had the wrong name on the check. They made us send it back to them. They took another 2 weeks to send back the check. The new check was still wrong. This is still ongoing. This is the short version of the story. But, long and short, we were lied to, hung up on, they were rude and arragant from the word go, they did not have a clue what to tell us. Everyone there has a different story they tell customers. Do Not Use This Company. Get a local company or go with a bank.
 22nd of Oct, 2012 by   mbs7 0 Votes
we have been dealing with them to pay our taxes we called our city tax office and it was said our taxes were past due. they are paid threw the mortgage co. of course GREEN TREE. I then called the mortgage co and told them our taxes were not issued to the tax office they quoted oh we forgot to mail them out, by they way they still did not receive the check from the mortgage company. and now we will be 2 quarters behind.
 19th of Jun, 2013 by   Joe Schmidt 0 Votes
On hold 1 hr, this company SUCKS!. I would not recommended this company to anyone!
 15th of Nov, 2013 by   nobodyknowsthe trouble 0 Votes
Been dealing with them a while. They are the worst mortgage company. If you are 5 days late they'll be calling. I had one person
call said I didnt pay my property taxes( I was driving and knew I did, but self-doubted myself), she told me my payment was 150dollars more a month since they had to add my taxes on; needless to say I was a wreck until I got home and pulled my receipt for the taxes. I think that they know the people who try and keep payments on time or a few days late, and those are the ones who they harass, threaten, talk awful too, make up things to worry you. I wonder if these people are trained to do this or if they get paid extra for upsetting/being nasty etc.? Just tell them to have a blessed day, God loves them and Santa Claus is watching and try to pay
it off as fast as you can!

VIdeo Game Console Buying Guide