Posted:

345 St. Peter Street
St Paul, Minnesota
Phone: 800 643 0202
gtservicing.com
I feel your pain and I’m only 3 months into this with Green Tree. This is a second mortgage that in the 4 years of its existence has been shoved off to different lenders… Paramount Equity sold it to Countrywide who unfortunately was taken over by Bank of America… who somehow determined I was some low life non paying scum and turned it over the SCUM BAG Company, Green Tree. In the 4 year history, never has there been a late payment. Like you I usually pay the first and second around the 10th of the month. Both my loan documents state a 15 day grace period. Never once had anyone harassed me until now.
After BoA transferred the collection to Green Tree; harassment has been non-stopped. After the first set of harassment calls and when I sent in the payment I decided to do it “Certified Mail”. I now see I will have to do this every month.
This month (May 2011) was sent “certified” on May 9th, they received the payment on May 11th. I verified it and have a snapshot of it being delivered. So the payment was received 4 days before “past due”.
Green Tree started to make harassing calls on May10. The representative (if you call them that) called wanting to know when I was making the payment. Since it was already in the mail I refuse to tell and reminded her, the payment is not late until midnight of the 15th. Her response was “it’s due on the first”
I told her to stop the harassment. As of the night of May 13, 2011 I am still getting calls from them. The kicker is they’ll use an unidentifiable 800 number. When you answer, the message says hold for a “Green Tree representative”. They call me to harass and expect me to WAIT… I just hang up. If the number does show Green Tree, I just ignore it. I know the payment is not late. They can start their harassment on the 16th, but not before it.
Also, the billing statement comes out before the 16th. My June statement was mailed on May 7th. The total due shows May and June’s amount. The statement does not show when a payment is actually posted (like when was the April payment posted?). Have you ever seen a statement that did not post a payment received? And in the “Important Messages” section, there’s little bit of a threaten tone “this is communication is from a debt collector. It is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtain will be used for that purpose”. What kind of a business is this? So they think threats will make you shake in your boots? Is this a “Uncle Louie” collecting a debt and will break a limb everyday you don’t pay?
This is why BoA and Green Tree can go to “He double hockey sticks”. I’ll going to play the game for a few more months… I keep a spreadsheet of when I mail the payment (it will always be certified because you cannot trust them), the check number, the date it was received by them (you can go online and check), and every phone call they make. I think I will have to eventually seek out a lawyer and see what I can do. I have no doubt this company will try to destroy my credit, which is excellent. I have no trouble with the first mortgage, which also has been sold off a few times, but now owned by Wells Fargo. They aren’t calling me every day after the first.
In the meantime my blood pressure and heart rate is about to explode
Complaint comments Comments (5) Complaint country United States Complaint category Banks

Comments

14th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
To the original poster of 10/23/2010.
Green Tree started to make harassing calls on May 10. The representative (if you call them that) called wanting to know when I was making the payment. Since it was already in the mail I refuse to tell and reminded her, the payment is not late until midnight of the 15th. Her response was “it’s due on the first”
This is why BoA and Green Tree can go to “He double hockey sticks”. I’ll going to play the game for a few more months… I keep a spreadsheet of when I mail the payment (it will always be certified because you cannot trust them), the check number, the date it was received by them (you can go online and check), and every phone call they make. I think I will eventally have to seek out a lawyer and see what I can do. I have no doubt this company will try to destroy my credit, which is excellent. I have no trouble with the first mortgage, which also has been sold off a few times, but now owned by Wells Fargo. They aren’t calling me every day after the first.
In the mean time my blood pressure is about to pop.
 23rd of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes

Green Tree LLC - Harrasing and rude
Green Tree LLC

BofA sold our second mortgage to Green Tree. We have PERFECT credit, but due to issues with their website, I wound up writing them a check. On 05/17/11 my husband received a call, "Rachel" from Green Tree. He explained that the check was mailed on the 10th at which time she told him to put a stop payment on the check and pay them now by phone. ($12 fee from them, and $35 fee from my bank. I don't think so) Funny thing is our check cleared our bank before midnight last night, so it had to be with them at the time of the call. She (Rachel) was just plain nasty and insulting to my husband. At least we pay our mortgage. I'll be looking to refinance thanks to Rachel.
 2nd of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes
I am very irate right now. Bank of America just sold our loan to GreenTree and upon attempting to pay my mortgage like one of the few responsible home owners left out there WHAM!!! a $12 fee per payment. Unbelievable.
 30th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
Same thing happening to me with the harassment and bullying. See my comments posted on the 1/29/2012 by mooseinMN.
 5th of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes

Green Tree LLC - charge off
green tree llc
Florida

green tree llc just entered a charge off on my credit file for 10400.00...I cant get a hold of them .I see its a mortgage company by searching the net.i haven't had a mortgage since 2002 and I have never had any dealings with this company...credit bureaus wont help and complaint does nothing...now credit ruined and I'm left holding the bag

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree