logo

1. (0 mins ago)
www.cheaplunarglide4.com
Fraud.
2. (4 mins ago)
Bata India (Hush Puppies)
Sole Torn apart (from centre) of newly purchased shoes
3. (18 mins ago)
Days Buying Trade CO., LTD
Days Buying Trade CO., LTD Fake
4. (24 mins ago)
Rachel Seenie Talent Agency
photoshoots!Unprofessional & A WAste of MOney!
5. (27 mins ago)
Live Auctioneers
Scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Green Millionaire, East Berlin, Pennsylvania Complaints & Reviews - SCAM!

Green Millionaire Contacts & Informations

Green Millionaire

Posted:    ohmanburn

SCAM!

The Green Millionaire-Book
East Berlin, Pennsylvania
greenmoneyfree.com
THIS IS A SCAM!! I watched the infomercial for this product and got caught up in all the 'free money' I could save. They were running a deal on the book...getting the book for free and only paying $1.oo for processing. I entered my credit card number and clicked for me 'free' book. As soon as I clicked the only way for me to get the book was downloading it to my computer, WHICH ENDED UP COSTING ME ALMOST $40!! Ok, fine $40 to find out that I could save on installing solar panels and better way to get water. I looked over the material that I downloaded and gave me no information. The Infomercial kept saying there were numbers to call and find out more information, well there wasn't!!
I am on a fixed income right now and spending $40.00 on this 'book' just makes me mad! Ugh, just wanted to let everyone know so they don't get screwed like I did.
Comments United States Books
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Sep, 2009 by   Taxable +1 Votes
This "company" preys on good people who are trying to do the right thing! The infommercial says that they will send you a book, then charge you a dollar. The "book" turned out to be a pdf file sent to my email address. Ok...fooled me once. Then, the following month, they billed my credit card for $29.95 for additional materials they claim to have sent me on emil (which I did not receive). If I had not called them, they would have continued to charge my account monthly for their bogus product. STAY AWAY from this business. The only GREEN thing about this is the dollars this SOB is making from the innocent!
 15th of Sep, 2009 by   tree_hugger 0 Votes
Actually if you actually READ the newsletters you'll probably find that the newsletters more than pay for themselves. I saved more money following just a portion of the advice in one newsletter than the cost of an entire year's subscription. Just a thought. They aren't "typical" newsletters full of fluff and nothing helpful. Following the advice really can save you a lot of money and teach you how to go green which is always good.
 20th of Sep, 2009 by   bungal251 +1 Votes
I understood from the ad I saw on Tv, that it was a printed book.. But I saw many lists when I typed in looking for the free book. It is even being sold by some. I think it is much better for one to check out the saving energy ways and pick the ones that will work for them. I once built a 121 Sq. Ft. solar in Mid-Michigan and it heated the entire farm house. It would even work on cloudy days. I had to install a heat exchanger to get rid of some of the extra heat. I used a commecial solar water heat exchanger as my panels were forced air. I wish I would have keep the farm and put up and windgenerator that I saw in a science magazine.. It was very odd and had 2 rotors on the same shaft. It was only 12 feet in diameter and still put out up to 6000 watts in high winds. This unit did have plans but it was kind of a scam, unless one knew a good deal about wind power generation. The generator was from a very old car and one would be very hard to obtain it. However, one could use a three shaft commercial transmission and an induction motor which would not need an inverter or converter.. would hook right up to your existing lines. It would not work if power was out so is safe for lineworkers. Use gas generator for power outage.. The plans do include good prints and one not need to do as he and use a chain and differential. This was years ago so I am unsure if it is still offered. S many things have changed since then, , , even the magnets that are available make it a good idea to make your own generator from sealed plywood.. epoxy sealed. The magnets are so powerful they are dangerous!!! If you have the time, check out homeowner built energy online. You will see those magnets and even blades can be purchuse very reasonably...
 21st of Sep, 2009 by   bigtpapa 0 Votes
Try to contact these people!! They have no e-mail system, the people who answer the phone are rude, and can't help you at all!!! This is not right, and they need to shut the place down, and give our money back!! ...bigt
 23rd of Sep, 2009 by   Ernest J Wright +2 Votes
You can get your money back if you used a credit card. Just call the credit card company's number listed on the back of your card and tell them you want to dispute the bill. By federal law, they have to take the billing off.

Ernest J. Wright
Attorney
 25th of Sep, 2009 by   NoMoreGreenMillionaire 0 Votes
Well it does have usefull info but I just don't like that they charge you later on in the future hoping you forget about the subscription and don't call to cancel your subscription and you then get charged. Its still the persons fault for not calling in but if this is how they get the money they need then how is this a good business? I know a large amount of money comes in from people forgeting to unsubscribe.

Overal i read this stuff and there really wasn't much "NEW" ideas to save money. they say free gas the rest of your life but when you read you need to buy a Diesel vehicle, then buy the Biodiesel conversion, then pay to have it all set up, then go find your life supply of used vegetable fryer oil. only then will you see your free gas for life and even after all this it is old news. what person doesn't know about biodeisel? its 2009!

I personaly give the green millionaire experience a thumbs down. They don't show you enything just inform you of newer products that can save you money. I didn't need a magazine subscription and charges to know that. All you need is A computer, internet, and google and you have everything you ever wanted to know...
 29th of Sep, 2009 by   askme6245 +1 Votes
I thank you all for writing your complaints, I will not be buying The Green Million any time soon thats for sure!
 1st of Oct, 2009 by   amit narain +1 Votes
sir,
i have purchased 16 no, s flush doors from authorized distributor
m/s jain ply & laminates, 102/25 shivagi marg lucknow through your
company executives, on 21.6.08 (sale invoice no-00020, book no-001), i
found termite on 4 nos of doors, i complained to green ply executive
he visited at my house, inspected and assured free replacement of
these 4 nos of doors, but nearly 5 months have been passed and doors
are yet to be replaced at your end. i am again requesting you to get
it replaced as earliest, otherwise i will be force to go consumer court
and media.

thanking you.

yours sincerely

amit narain

18/509 sec-18

indira nagar lucknow

mobile# 9415311804
 5th of Oct, 2009 by   Jenymoz +1 Votes
I purchased it on my phone thinking it was a book then it said it was going to download a book to my phone well I don't have a package for downloading so I cancelled it they charged me in 3 or 4 days 29.95 which freaked me out because not once did I hear on the tv ad that is was a trial thing I thought I was getting this book by mail until it was going to download on my phone. So that led to all kinds of bouncing going on in my account because I figured it was only going to be a $1. If this is the way you become a green millionaire by ripping people off I'd rather be poor. I can't believe how many things are out there to scam people it is terrible. Then they are going to through out there saving the earth ha we are barely making it by as is many others and they find anyway to scam. As to it being the person's fault for not canceling how can you cancel when you have no idea there was anything to cancel??? Thanks for the info on calling the credit card comp. I will be doing that as soon as I am done here!
Jen from Michigan
 7th of Oct, 2009 by   avasmomma100508 +2 Votes
I am mad, I just got charged an additional $29.95 on my credit card. My husband is unemployed, I got the $1 book to try to save money. Can anyone give me the telephone number, I can't find any number to make sure they do not keep charging my account. Please help!!! Thanks!

Suzanne from Ohio
 11th of Oct, 2009 by   grace58789 +2 Votes
yah tried that calling them they said they would give me back only 10.00 of what i paid them
here is #18772138238 they have to be stoped but how
peved from north dakota
 13th of Oct, 2009 by   Mimosa +2 Votes
Sorry to hear all these rip off stories. I myself was ripped off not too long ago by the Instyler. They even tried to put me on endless hold and never take my call when i wanted to return it. Anyways, I contacted the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org and lodged a complaint online (its free) and boom they started contacting me and gave me my money back. Hope this helps!

Don't ever let anyone rip you off. It is illegal to charge you without your consent!
 13th of Oct, 2009 by   p.r. MILLER +1 Votes
So glad I saw this site.

I was so excited and was ready to order. All of you saved me a lot of money and a great deal

of time. They sure talk a good game!

THANKS AGAIN
 14th of Oct, 2009 by   EcoMomNY +1 Votes
I decided to get the "free" book after seeing the infomercial, but as stated above it is not free. I called 877-213-8238 this morning to cancel the newsletter and did get a person. I was told that I was abad person for cancelling and that I was giving up on the earth. I was asked why I was cancelling without seeing the newsletter and I said that what was stated in the infomercial as to what was in the book was not true. I was shocked at what I was told next - that the phone numbers and information discussed in the infomercial was in the "real" book not the book that I paid a $1 for - that was just a preview of what was in the actual book. Well I had a few things to say about that and I was told that I had a mis-conception of what I expected to get from the "free" book. I must say that the most appalling part of the call was being told that I was giving up on the earth and not doing my part in helping the earth, others and myself. How dare they!
 17th of Oct, 2009 by   Vero Martinez +1 Votes
If you're in the U.S., call your credit card company and request a CHARGEBACK. Credit card money is not your money, it belongs to the credit card company issued to you as "credit". Therefore, the credit card company can easily reverse the charges. You may need to sign a statement for the credit card company stating this money was charged fraudulently but that's all you need to do.
 20th of Oct, 2009 by   Joewa +1 Votes
Why the U.S is letting these type of scams advertise on TV? They hurt American people.

Another scam!!!
 21st of Oct, 2009 by   beinformed +1 Votes
I was just about to put my credit card numbers on the website when I decided to search on the internet to see what people would say about it, I am so glad I found this site. I really thought I was good at finding frauds but this one is really good, I will never understand why people put so much thinking on how to rip you off, they should put that much thinking on how to help people and I am sure they would get more out of it, I really hope these people go to jail and they loose the key.
The government should stop them.
 1st of Nov, 2009 by   EBJB +1 Votes
I like all the complaints above was scammed by this offer. I too saw free only a $1. I should have known better. I too entered by credit card number it gave me instructions to download which I done and did not find anything useful. I checked my bank account and found that they took out of my account $29.95 for The Green Millionaire Book. It has been over 3 weeks now and I have not received anything. I was expecting to get a book in the mail. They are truly scam artist I don't care if they are advertising on TV and have people talking about how great it is how do we know how much they were paid to do this. I am taking my complaint to the Attorney General's Office in my state. I expected to get my $29.95 back.
 5th of Nov, 2009 by   Way Ahead +1 Votes
Thank you for saving me $$$ I was just ready to invest in the book - but I decided to check out the green millionaire on Google and the green millionaire scam option link brought me here to you who have posted.
 5th of Nov, 2009 by   Busywitch +1 Votes
In my opinion, just get yourself a good physics book, a good chemistry book, and a good thermodynamics book and read, read, read, study, study, study. Then and only then will you truly understand everything about the BS about going "green." It means less power -- that is, less work done in a short period of time. This concept -- power -- is what has made America powerful. Go to any Third World country, and their populace, by and large, lives "green, " and yet, they are as poor as hell. It's about power and not just energy.
Read and study or enroll yourself in a good physics class at your local community college.

The "No Credit Card" Diet