logo

Plenty of Fish
Fraud and cheating
3. (51 mins ago)
Isagenix
This blender is absolutely useless
4. (53 mins ago)
Scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Greatest Kept Secret Association Invitation, Katy, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Greatest Kept Secret Association Invitation

Greatest Kept Secret Association Invitation Contacts & Informations

Greatest Kept Secret Association Invitation

Posted:    Mary in Katy

Greatest Kept Secret Association Invitation

Greatest Kept Secret Association
Katy, Texas
The letter is received makes the most outrageous promises - gaining wealth, health even looking younger and losing weight. What concerns me most is where did they get my personal mailing address, I can only assume that someone Company I've done business with online sold it to them.

Comments United States Society & Culture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Mar, 2010 by   speezik 0 Votes
I just received this letter today, and they wanted me to return the "admission form" by 26 Mar 2010. You would think that a secret society of all knowing, powerful people could send a letter to someone in enough time to meet their own deadline. Hacks.
 3rd of May, 2010 by   Annie50 0 Votes
People think we will believe anything. How stupid do they think we really are. I have a special gift to say NO
 26th of May, 2010 by   DSTN_BRNTT +2 Votes
This letter was awesome...Ive never felt more awesome about myself. Although last night I lost 400 dollars at the poker table, lol. I guess my powers are only good enough for a middle pair. My friends and I are still laughing are $%^$ off because this is unbelievable. I truely hope that this man doesnt sell a copy of this BS. Although I would be OK with getting more ego stoking letters, Hey "John/Kevin". I think in this next one you should tell me how good looking I am, Im having a fat day and would really appreciate it.
 16th of Aug, 2010 by   No fool to fall for this +1 Votes
Wow. After this scam you wanna go and see if the Easter Bunny wants to go and pay the ABSOLUTELY FREE membership! Oh man! What fun!
 18th of Aug, 2010 by   beth222 +1 Votes
I believe this is more than a scam... it's the makings of a CULT! Stay away from this evil!!!
 23rd of Aug, 2010 by   Coastal Texas Man 0 Votes
I received this same letter today referencing the guy as "Kevin" then in the end he signed it John. I agree with almost that I have read: It is repititious, boring, searching for people who are going through pain or change, and promising the world. I'm so GLAD that there is the internet to check scams like this out. What a bunch of dirtbags. Better bury you guys naked when you die because it is going to get rather hot where you are going!

Coastal Texas Man
 31st of Aug, 2010 by   Twisenbaker 0 Votes
I received my letter today...secret society, please;If they know so much about me they would know my father was a grifter and I was bottle fed scams from birth and that is exactlty why I can spot this behavior a mile mile away and shun it like a disease infested creature coming my way.Personally I do not join[that's what they're wanting you to do ] anything group without knowing ;WHO, WHAT, WHERE, and everything else about them...there is a crime called 'GUILT BY ASSOCIATION...and many people are imprisoned for it and I don't intend to be one! the only group that I am a member of is "GOD'schildren" or christianity
 14th of Sep, 2010 by   Jillzopinion 0 Votes
Got my letter today from "Katie/Kirsten." Sounds the same as the John/Kevin letter-- 56 page manual and all that. Loved the funny ego stroke for about 10 seconds, then it became boring. I can't imagine what purchase I made in the past that prompted this "special" mailing.

I did a fax number search and came up with all kinds of sites with numerous complaints about this scam. The letter comes from Nouveau Tech Society which is part of the New Tech Publishing company founded by Frank R. Wallace (philosopher, author, publisher, and mail-order magnate --this from wikipedia) who died, by the way, in 2006 while jogging. He was struck by a car.

If interested you can find out more infomation on wikipedia by searching Frank Wallace. I've about used up all the interest I can garner on the topic. Cheers! (And, yes, you really are special-- I mean that sincerely.)
 21st of Sep, 2010 by   steph38 0 Votes
I got mine yesterday 9/20. At the end of the letter in typed script it said Yours sincerely Kirsten. Above Kirsten it was signed in pen Katie. Wow
 30th of Nov, 2010 by   Omega2551 0 Votes
I found it funny that the date on the stamp was earlier than the date on the letter.
 11th of Jan, 2011 by   AlwaysMe 0 Votes
Here it is, January 11, 2011 and I too have a special power and it is called common sense coupled with the almighty Bing Bar. In this day and age I hope that no one falls for this "Absolutely free - Greatest kept secrets of life!" If your reading this - you have found your own POWER~
 8th of Mar, 2011 by   WeKnowWhoYouAre 0 Votes
LOL, first the Las Vegas millionaire calls the author "Kevin", but then he signs his name "John". What a lot of hooey. Their apparent secret to success is getting people on the hook to pay for the second book... If these folks were truly wanting to share their "secrets" with "special" people, none of it would cost you anything, not even the postage. Preying on people, especially those financially vulnerable, is criminal.
 26th of Mar, 2011 by   PhoenixChristina +1 Votes
zodtheperfect...there is medication for individuals like yourself.. sounds like you are schizophrenic with delusions of grandeur...did the voices in your head tell you that you are supreme???? lol this is clearly a scam... preying on the weak who want to belong.. if they were really 'watching me to see my special powers' as quoted in the idiotic letter thatn you would noticed i am much smarter and stronger to believe your crap... so much for heightened psychic ability too once you are part of the secret.. lol
 11th of Apr, 2011 by   MMG77 0 Votes
I read all the posts above and I want to thank everyone who added their experiences, thoughts and suggestions - it is a warning to others that are slightly thinking of answering the letter. It's too bad the letter writers can't channel their talents (if you want to call it talent) to do decent work and not try to scam people out of their hard earned money. We have enough to do than to receive this junk, waste time and have to cut down another tree. Sad very sad.
 25th of Apr, 2011 by   TOTOMATE +1 Votes
Power to the people!... I received "the" letter today in the south east Ohio region... Their PO BOX 560627 Dallas Tx 75356-0627 214-367-3877 fax number... Based on the reviews provided here I decided not to waste my time!. The scums must be confronted! NOT THANK YOU dear JOHN !!!
 3rd of May, 2011 by   geeksenior +2 Votes
OK, OK, everyone is complaining. I personally did something very amusing and have not heard back from them. I fax'd back the letter unchecked and added the note: "Sorry, I am already a successful member and have the book/books. You sent this to my business instead of my home. Please update your database. My regards to all at the Society. My neighbor could use the books. Does he have the same powers as I do?" Funny thing...never got the follow up letter. End of Story...
 6th of May, 2011 by   wealthbound 0 Votes
If this IS the NEOTECH society...I remember them. I did buy a book from them a LONG time ago! It was sooooo long, virtually incomprehensable, with much rambling on & on. It really made no sense. I FINALLY had the sense to trash it. Wish I could have saved it and sent it to one of you for research!!!
 6th of May, 2011 by   Appalachia 0 Votes
The letter was sent to me and I live in Central Ohio. The letter was dated 4/30/11, with a postmark 4/29/11, with a return envelope with the address: Invitation Processing, P.O. Box 560627, Dallas, TX 75356-0627, and the fax number was 214/367-3877. The letter was signed by Kirsten (signature Katie) who describes herself as "She's Got It!" I was sort of tempted to send for the free report, just for curiosity sake, but I am glad I Googled it before wasting my time. If they thought they were getting any money out of me, they were sadly mistaken, because I don't have any!! Thanks everyone. I remember NeoTech from many, many years ago and I could not understand any of it. I do remember it as being very weird.
 19th of Jul, 2011 by   One of HIS +1 Votes
Hello - satan sent me the same letter & thanks to our HEAVELY FATHER GOD I know how to use the brain HE gave me, & the Internet. There is no quick fix or mysterious secrete that will make you truly rich; unless you are poor at heart. GOD is the only way & the only true blessingS come from HIM. All else is a "gold cow" . It breaks my heart that evil people take advantage of good people. Why can't these scam poeple do the right thing and be honest hard working like the majoity? The pay off is much more rewarding when you actually work for it & earn it yourself. I heard a wonderful message on the KLOVE today saying "What if you woke this morning and the only possessions you had were what you thanked GOD for the previous day?" WOW! I will pray for this to stop & for GOD's beautiful creation not to be taken advatage of by evil. pray for peace, protection and a stronger will and everyone findS God! GOD"s book ... "The Greatest Kept Promise!" Amen
 24th of Aug, 2011 by   Bee Bee +1 Votes
I actually received a very similar letter from Kevin Trudeau after ordering his book called Free Money. By the way, don't bother ordering it. It doesn't tell you anything you can't find on the internet. Kevin Trudeau offered to sell the book, Greatest Kept Secrets, and membership in the association for $299. This was purported to be a great deal considering I would learn all the secrets the wealthy and famous know. Kevin went on to tell me of all his sucesses as a member of this secret society. I later received a letter from Kirsten who signed her name Katie. She offered the book for free, and did she ever stess the word "FREE". Her letter was dated Oct 30, 2010 and post marked on Oct 29 with a 35 cent postage. How's that for 1st class mail. Katie/Kirsten said I was referred by a famous person. That would have to be Kevin Trudeau whom I consider to be one of the greatest scam artists out there. I suspect if you take the bait, you will wind up sending these very same scam letters to acquire your millions. Sort of like selling your soul to the devil and then gathering other souls for him.

Time Running Out for Home Buyer Tax Credit