logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Universal Trading Strategies
Don’t buy software from them
2. (14 mins ago)
HBM Health Beauty
Seller charges me for $69.99 per month
3. (34 mins ago)
C.M. Haryana/Haryana public health enginerring dept.Panchkula
harrasment for RENEWAL of enlistment of society.
4. (36 mins ago)
scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Greatest Kept Secret Association Invitation, Katy, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Greatest Kept Secret Association Invitation

Greatest Kept Secret Association Invitation Contacts & Informations

Greatest Kept Secret Association Invitation

Posted:    Mary in Katy

Greatest Kept Secret Association Invitation

Greatest Kept Secret Association
Katy, Texas
The letter is received makes the most outrageous promises - gaining wealth, health even looking younger and losing weight. What concerns me most is where did they get my personal mailing address, I can only assume that someone Company I've done business with online sold it to them.

Comments United States Society & Culture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Apr, 2009 by   Lori 0 Votes
I got one of those yesterday. It gave us all a good laugh! The funniest thing about it was that they got my last name wrong! With all their eerie powers I'd think they'd at least get my name right!

L. H.
 24th of Jul, 2009 by   paul33s +1 Votes
Since some people like to learn the hard way, I did my research and got this from another customer who actually humor the "association" haha and responded.

I went on and got the free 56-page booklet and "Yes", they stroke your ego with that too. They narrate 5 stories with the first story literally repeating the content of the first letter they sent you. They also insist that there is a secret message within that 56-page booklet and that your sub-consciousness will pick it up. All you have to do for the second, and final, stage is pay $200 bucks for a 680 page book. See what I'm getting at? So you were basically right mb13. I too thought that this was a scam and it is because the initial letter said they would give you these so-called secrets free of charge. All their doing is stroking egos and hoping people will bite the bait. I have a special power already and that is common sense coupled with the almighty Google Search Bar
 15th of Aug, 2009 by   Goldiep 0 Votes
Like Katy in Texas, I received a typed personalised letter by 1st class airmail saying that I had been selected by a secret society to join their elite association claiming to have the most famous and powerful members and like them, my dreams could be realised if I joined them. Apparently I had been selected by these world renowned people(anonymous of course!) because I possessed these amazing traits that if I had their secrets I could be like them. They ask you to fill in a form and then they send you the secrets free, so no money parting yet, so where's the catch? Can't imagine where they got my address from and it is worrying.
 25th of Aug, 2009 by   eonwe 0 Votes
If you read it in a theatrical voice, it is very entertaining for the first 4 pages...after that, reading the initial letter is just tedious. I just got it. A friend received his copy of this letter 6 months ago and they gave him a 1 week window. Then he got a follow up 2 months later. He was asked to pay $160 for the manuscript.
 12th of Sep, 2009 by   nenee61 0 Votes
I received the letter 3 months ago and it said that I would never hear from them again if I did not respond within a day or 2. Intentionally, I did not respond and just 2 days ago, I received another letter telling me that I was in the second cycle and that I needed to respond by Sept. 11, 2009. I figured the only way to get them to actually leave me alone would be to fax the sheet back. I am now awaiting for the delivery. As soon as I receive it I will make an assessment and let everyone know what it really is. Yes! I do believe it is a scam of some sort and I refuse to read a redundancy of information so they better come with it or I will give them a review that will make them burn the manuscript and never send another letter.
Anxiously Awaiting!
 21st of Sep, 2009 by   Yuel 0 Votes
Im not much into such things but what they told me was true even if they didn't know it .I was born into poverty raised among the most feared and rejected but i kept my mind outside the box even through this blinded society I see everything.
 28th of Sep, 2009 by   vada 0 Votes
i agree this is a hoas people need to find God if they want to be bless and not rely on this internet money hungry frauds i was offended that they were playing with my intelligent and my Spirituality i don't play that they better watch there self and i advise anyone to get this letter to be carefully don't respond they going straight to hell."""""""""""""
 28th of Sep, 2009 by   vada 0 Votes
they going straight to hell and any one who receive this any thinking about it need to pray only God has the power to open those powers within you
 6th of Oct, 2009 by   goldfinger 0 Votes
Secret societies have existed since ancient times ( thousands of years), and exist today.Some of these people are TRILLIONAIRES and remain secret from the public eye.Some members even run the planet, calling the shots behind closed doors.Some are celebrities, atheletes, heads of state, even average citizens.Every member has a certain degree of power.Only a small percentage of the world's population knows that secret societies exist!
 26th of Oct, 2009 by   HoosierForJesus 0 Votes
I received one of these letters too. What a complete scam! They make it seem so personal by using you're first name, then like someone else said...they stroke you're ego with the "special gifts" line. A complete sales job no doubt. What makes me sick is that they actually have the nerve to use God as a reason to send in for the so called "Greatest Kept Secrets" book. I took offense to that. They offer the things things of this world (sounds like Satin to me)...money, power, romance, and peace. How evil and arrogant!! May the Lord rebuke that evil company! That letter gave me a such sick feeling. The only book that will give you the answers you're truly seeking is the Holy Bible (no secret), and the only true peace comes from accepting Jesus Christ as you're personal Lord and Savior. Oh, I almost forgot, they stress several times in bold print "it's absolutely free", which is a dead give away there's a catch coming (like the gentleman said about the $200). God bless everyone of you!
 31st of Oct, 2009 by   ARMYROC 0 Votes
I just received this letter a few days ago and just got around to reading it. Besides throwing God in it what bothers me is that if something is so good why do you have to point out that it's first class mail and that this is only addressed to you. The letter has my name on it so of course it's mine. Someone is trying to hide something, the envelope is nice and it does say first class but the stamp is still 35 cents. I've found the "Greatest Kept Secret" and I'm gonna share it "FREE"...stop being lazy and feeling sorry for yourself. Everybody is special in their own way. Some people are more successful than others and the Rich have the same problems as the poor just on a higher scale. We all get down but you just have to keep going, as we say in the Army "Suck it up and drive on". I've just given the secret and you don't even have to be part of the club.
 16th of Dec, 2009 by   ChildofGod 0 Votes
I got my letter today. It's sick how they prey on people they think are weak. I think they got my name from Amazon. The only thing I have recently ordered was "The Purpose Driven Life" through their Kindle site. It makes sense that they tell me I'm in Cycle 2 which is self discovery...that is what the book is about. Unfortunately the letter promises the secret to fulfilling our destiny which is opposite of God's word. God specifically says that He has a perfectly laid plan for all of us that was determined by Him before we were born and that we are to live our lives for God, not ourselves. Whoever is sending these letters is a servent of Satan by preying on the people who are searching for God. Whoever you are, I pray that you will find God and let him into your life. Only then will you be able to see that only He is the "secret" you are selling and He is not for sale. God is free for EVERYONE! All you have to do is invite Him into your life.
 16th of Dec, 2009 by   ZODthePerfect 0 Votes
The letter changed my life. I now know that all the wonderful things I have always thought about myself are true. It only took Kevin to explain it to me. I am special, I do have hidden gifts. In fact. I now understand how I better then everyone else on the face of the planet. God does shine on me and cast shadows on the rest of you. I am supreme, you are worthless!.

Kneel down before ZOD scumbags!..
 25th of Jan, 2010 by   pulmoman +1 Votes
So we all know this is a scam. I've Googled the letter and found 12 different sites of people who received the letter and everyone says the same thing, the letter strokes your ego and "John" (who was the person that sent me my letter) promises all these wonderful things. I've received this letter three times now in the span of about three years. The mistery guy he talks about is Frank Wallace who started the NEO-TECH following. He was struck by a car and killed about 4 years ago. Check it out on Wikipedia. The guy was a flake. His teachings were to say the least, ODD. He was convicted of tax evasion (I guess that's how he accumulated his money!). But I digress,
Has anyone followed all the way through with this to see what this society really has to offer? I mean if you have the money and really are curious about the outcome. If someone out there has gone through the whole process, I'd like to know how much money these people end up conning you out of. And most importantly, did you have great success, did you become mega rich, did you get everything you ever wanted? I also got an email today promising me 10, 000 a month doing nothing! How about that. If there are any NEO-TECHies out there let us hear from you and share the good news...Just please tell us those SECRETS for FREE...
 27th of Jan, 2010 by   Oman +1 Votes
Yes I am a neo-tech and I spent about 10000 dollars since I purchased my first manuscript, I am now a grandmaster in our society and everyone loves me and pays my income, literally! This worked out so well I was able to overcome all odds and become president of the united states. Go Change!!
 23rd of Feb, 2010 by   curlicious 0 Votes
So, in the letter this guy is referred to as Kevin then he signs it John... they might want to fix that if they want to have a better chance of scamming people. Then again if they are stupid and greedy enough to do something like this they probably wouldn't notice anyway...
 23rd of Feb, 2010 by   AtNightButNotLast Night 0 Votes
I received a second letter yesterday, 2/22/10. It is strange that the first letter, as well as, the one received yesterday promised to not send another letter if I did not respond in 3 days. I had no idea this was one of the Kevin whatshisnames scams. I did, unfortunately for me, purchase one of his books. This may explain how they have my address. It may also explain how they think that I am dumb enough to fall for this scam too, since the book did not provide anything that it promised to do. Signed AtNightButNotLastNight!
 24th of Feb, 2010 by   TG788 0 Votes
Its bogus not only because of the way theyre talking but also because there is no EASY dollar anywhere you have to earn money. Even if you could manipulate people into loving you why would you want to? It feels much better if they love you and like you out of choice to do so. I got a bad vibe from it ever since I started reading it DO NOT be fooled by this letter.
 24th of Feb, 2010 by   Trakstar 0 Votes
I received this letter as well...it's funny how everyone says his name is Kevin...because in my letter his name is John. The funny part is that My name is Kevin so I guess they felt like they should change the name. The funnier part is that my middle name is John so I guess they decided to go w/ my middle name to 'spook' me into thinking this was meant to be. I couldn't help but laugh as I read the letter. Very Entertaining.
 22nd of Mar, 2010 by   foks11 0 Votes
My hubby just got this today, three days after doing a personality test in his college classes. Yup, the name is Kevin, is it Kevin Eubanks calling Leno's show his? lol!
Anyway the traits seem logical, because beside the cash flow and weight loss, my hubby is already "using " the techniques and knows how he does it. He is virtually able to talk anyone int anything! And everyone loves him! LOL. Seriously, if you possess these "rare traits" then you obviously don't need a manual to use them. You'll figure that out on your own!

IRS Warns Of E Mail Phishing Scheme