logo

4. (6 mins ago)
Star-loans.co.uk
Scammed me for £49.50
5. (11 mins ago)
globe life and accident insurance
non payment

Great Fun Contacts & Informations

Great Fun

Posted:    Robin Wyvill

Charged by credit card for 119. 99

Very interesting - I just looked over the weekend - had similar charges. I called them and they were closed over the weekend. So not only did they charge this month - they have been charging my credit card since January. I don't know how I missed it. So I called my credit card company and it's not being charged as revolving which mean monthly someone is entering my information from TLG*GREATFUN. I called them this morning, pushed zero and demanded to speak to a manager. After getting a speal from the woman on the phone about what great offers they can provide to me - BLA BLA - THIS IS A SCAM! Management credited my Visa for the last four months and said I would have to contact Corporate to reverse the other charges. Call them now... Great Fun - 800-285-5903 - and their Corporate Fax number is 614-823-5153.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Jun, 2007 by   Elizabeth Ruiz 0 Votes

Charged my credit card, I have no idea why! - TLG Great Fun

Tlg great fun TLG*GREAT FUN 55736704 06/14 CARD #9962 PURCHASE #24692167165000331573825 800-290-8603, CT. The company above charged my visa card $36 on 6/14/07 and i have no idea why. Can someone help me. What can i do? Advise plz smb!
 11th of Jul, 2007 by   Richard Aderholt +1 Votes
Had the same experience with TLG*Great Fun (800-285-5903 and also at TLG*Comp Home (800-636-2379). Charges were canceled.
 13th of Jul, 2007 by   Kristy Aikey 0 Votes
Glad to see I am not the only one and now I know why I was charged for something I had no knowledge of and most importantly, NEVER authorized. Scam or no scam, these people will be sued for unauthorized charge of my credit card. These companies have to be stopped or this will continue to happen to other unsuspecting victims. I for one am the wrong person to do this to and will not tolerate it. I work too hard for my money for people like this to come and try to steal it away from me...
 13th of Jul, 2007 by   jovan 0 Votes
I got charged too and called the company but they still didn't give me my refund back. This is insane! Total ripoff!!!
 15th of Jul, 2007 by   Genine DeCaprio 0 Votes
I got two charges to my account each for $11.99. One from TLG*GGREATFN 800-290-8603 and the other TLG*COMPHM 800-636-2379. My bank will credit it, but does anyone know the source of the stolen CC#? Any ideas?
 17th of Jul, 2007 by   Someone Somewhere 0 Votes
The same thing happened to me. I called the company, they said they'd refund the charges of the last several months. They didn't. I blocked the company by contacting my credit card company, at least, but I'm being charged 19% interest until I pay off the dirtbikes purchased on the card (it's a honda credit card, and that's all I've ever used it for). We might be able to figure out how the card numbers are obtained by finding out what we all have in common, or what several of us do. If you have the problem though, I'd recommend calling the company and then blocking them from your credit card, even if they say they'll stop.

This is one of the most annoying and frustrating scams I've seen in a while. We must stop this company.
 18th of Jul, 2007 by   Karleigh and Ryan Benner +1 Votes
My husband called me this morning asking if I purchased anything online and my reply back was no... We researched this company because we were charged $11.99 twice on our account. Hopefully our bank will credit us back... Because it seems as though this company will not... What a scam!!!
 21st of Jul, 2007 by   jonathan Anderson +1 Votes
I've been getting scammed by them for a year. I had no idea they were taking out 9.99 every month (because I don't balance my checkbook well at all). I called them up a month ago to cancel whatever it was that they had imposed on me. They gave me a "cancellation number"; I asked what I needed it for since my account is closed now, and wanted to make sure I won't need to call them up again and tell them that I canceled my account (after they start it back up for no reason or something) and prove it with a number they gave, but the guy said they don't do things like that. Well today guess what I go in the mail? I got a free check from them saying "since you're a valued member, here is a check for 9.25. When you cash it, you will automatically be a member of ID secure, and you will be billed 119.99 annually."

I'm just astonished that they can get away with what they're doing legally. Has anyone reported them to the better business beuro? Are there any lawsuits against them?
 29th of Jul, 2007 by   marlene day 0 Votes
I also agree on this, great fun has charged my account 11.99 and now we have to go through our checking account and see if they have charged anything else to our account. I don't even know where they got our card information from.
 5th of Aug, 2007 by   Reeve Dean 0 Votes
Also same problem. I've been hit with 3 months of $10.99 charges for TLG*GREATFN (Great Fun). I believe the source is Orbitz partners with. I booked a flight in March and again in July. In July I noticed, at the end of the flight booking process, there's an Orbitz screen asking if you want 'Cash Back'. If you say 'yes', apparently, they sign you up for the $131.88 per year 'service' that involves discounts on services/merchandise that you need to access their website for, but without any explanation that that's what they are doing. I think this is how I got nailed in March.

I've sent them a cancellation letter July 11 via US mail, 3 follow up emails, disputed the 3 transactions with my credit card bank, but still received the last charge yesterday. What bothers me also is that I see complaints like this going back several years and, although some states have taken action, these people are still in business.
 8th of Aug, 2007 by   Craig Keller 0 Votes
I too have fallen victim to this fraudulent company who stole my Credit Card Number, but they're charging me $11.99 at random... 3 charges last month! They are f*cking with the wrong dude, I'll be calling my extremely expensive lawyer in on this one. I'm about to own this company... hmmm, I think I'll have them arrested as well.

Yeah, having them arrested sounds like a good idea too... Doing it tomorrow...

oh, I put a Digg article up about this as well, if you've been hit... Digg it.

9th of Aug, 2007 by   jonathan Anderson 0 Votes
Well, see what your lawyer says. If he/she finds the case reasonable, and if we all could jointly file a class action lawsuit or something, you can count me in.
 10th of Aug, 2007 by   jagan 0 Votes
I got the same problem. This month they charged me $11.99. Who these f...ers. I never used or did any business with them. How they will charge my card. This seems a online scam, stolen card numbers from somewhere else. I am going to claim this with my card company. Be care and check frequently your card statements.
 10th of Aug, 2007 by   jagan 0 Votes
Yes!! It is probably due to Orbitz online parteners. Recently. I bought a air ticket from Orbitz.com, but I am sure I never clicked to any thing 'yes' to their extra online parteners. I never do like that. I just bought ticket and closed. But how these extra online partners (Great Fun) from Orbitz will charge orbitz customers. We need first file a law suit on Orbitz.
 15th of Aug, 2007 by   jagan +1 Votes
TLG-GreatFun charged $11.99 to my credit card without my notice as a membership, which I never subscribed. This is totally ripoff my money by charging to my card. I called them regarding this, they are saying I subscribed to their membership after buying a air ticket from priceline.com. I never subscribed to their membership after buying ticket from priceline.com, which is totally baseless, because I am very well aware of these online predators and well educated in computer programming and online technologies. What they are saying is baseless, after fighting through phone they canceled the so-called membership. Still worrying that they will charge again. I think this is fault with priceline.com privacy policies by selling their customer card information to third parties like TLG-GreatFun without customers consent. I need to change my card with my card company to protect from this scam.
 16th of Aug, 2007 by   MKB +1 Votes
The scam is through Orbitz, confirmed by this email that I received 10 minutes ago when I called and complained. This message has been sent from Orbitz.com.

Dear Ms., good day. regarding the charges on your credit and its due to your application to the great fun membership program. if you want the charges to be stopped call Great Fun at 1-877-488-9480 and ask for the membership to be canceled.

London 9/12/07

Luckily I caught the 10.99 charge after only 1 month, first one was Family fun, second was Great Fun. After considering and researching options, it appears that the charges are not "reoccurring" but done each time. Best solution: cancel your credit card, like it was lost, and then instruct your credit card company to have Great Fun or what it is that day to contact you directly for billing.

I had not choice to take this route since Great Fun had no record of my membership, i.e., didn't have my name in their data banks, nor email, nothing. Seems like quite the scam. Let your friends and colleagues know about your experience and discourage them from using Orbitz or any other online booking agency that has been named.
 18th of Aug, 2007 by   Emily Hankins 0 Votes
Our corporate account has been charged by Great Fun for 9.99 for over a year. As my father travels a lot, I did not question the fee because he has memberships to travel club perks, etc. I finally asked him about it 4 months ago and he said he no idea what it was. I immedaitely called great fun and told them we had never consented to their services. They said no problem and that they would cancel it immediately. They said that they would credit my account back if I mailed them a letter. I'm still waiting.

I just checked my a online account and see they took out their fee again a few days ago. I called Bank of America and they said that the fees are being debited via a check card number (probably retreived by Great Fun via Orbitz airline ticket purchase). The Bank said they could not guarantee that the stop payment would work if the debit was not actually revolving and occuring on the same day every month (which its not). I ended up cancelling the card and having a new one with a new number generated. This is such a scam.

The sad part is most of us are probably smart, business people who travel and work a lot and we all got scammed by these dirtbags. It's not like 90 year olds who have no clue what's going on. I would love to sue their asses, but when it comes down to it, there is probably some check box at the end of an Orbitz booking that you have to uncheck to not participate and we probably all missed it. I will certainly be paying more attention to online offers and travel bookings. I will not be using Orbitz again!
 20th of Aug, 2007 by   shrestha 0 Votes
I was charged for several month with TLG*COMPH... and TLG*EVRDY... and finally when i looked at my account i realized that i was charged for no reason. I called this people and they are willing to refund all my money back...

Here's the contact number
1 800 636 2379 TLG*COMPH...
1866 363 8258 TLG*EVRDAY...

GOOD LUCK!
 21st of Aug, 2007 by   johnny discontent 0 Votes
Great fun? How about absurd discontent. Unauthorized chargers of an unwanted, seemingly invisible service! I noticed a charge for $14.99 on my check card from TLG GREAT FUN. It was posted 20 August 2007, (pending transaction), which was suspect because I hadn't used my card in about a week. I immediately called their company. No surprise when a male automated voice picked up the phone. I waited for a minute or two, and then this young man answered. To my total awe, he seemed mentally challenged. I wish I were inciting fiction to add appeal to this story, but in fact the man who claimed to be "Johnny," (I won't bother trying to pronounce his last name-it seemed too ridiculous to merit truth) was very boisterous and sloppy in the function of speech. This was after I stumbled across the complaint website mind you, so I had "scam" probing my conscious. This conversation amounted to nothing more than "Johnny" loudly telling me, a dozen times at least, "... sir you're breaking up..."-"... I can't hear you..." In a moment of frustration I asked to speak to a supervisor; I told Johnny I needed someone who spoke English. He accurately pointed out that he could in fact speak the language. At any rate "Johnny" transferred me, and after a short interlude of elevator music, Angela Jeffrey, apparently "one of the" shift supervisors, got on the phone.

After asserting there was no way an unauthorized charge could have taken place- Ms. Jeffrey claimed that "customers of sites" such as "www.deepdiscount.com, www.cheaptickets.com, and www.office.com," and ostensibly the like, opted or authorized a membership to TLG GREAT FUN. This was after I conveyed the collective grievances of many (What is this charge and why?) I also pointed out that my purchases through deepdiscount.com were made over a month ago (July 3rd.) When I asked for the reasoning behind the delayed charge, she didn't convince me anything short of fraud had taken place when she said the membership starts only after a "30 day trial period." Well, this seems to defy logic because the purchase charge from the sponsor site(deepdiscount), and supposed enrollment of membership in TLG GREAT FUN occurred 3 July. To point out that, that is in fact over thirty days is to seethe with unwarranted frustration.

Ms. Jeffrey gave me a verification number and assured the credit of $14.99 will be processed within 10-15 business days. In this vacuous age of network, it would behoove all persons who purchase from online merchants to make certain of the small print, privacy clauses, and indeed tiny checked boxes from non-apparent affiliates.

Making a legitimate complaint, i.e. BBB, might help pressurize change. I myself will take that action 15 business days from now, unless of course I am credited the $14.99 prior to that. The ethical practices of online merchants, their subsidiaries, third party affiliates, cannot at present be monitored with any real success. As always, it takes the people affected by malevolence to force a change upon the unjust actions of individuals and commercial and governmental entities- not simply for those harmed, but also for those who have been and have yet to be harmed. To do nothing is to be complicit.
 29th of Aug, 2007 by   Cveta Popovic 0 Votes
Get this. I have the same problem and I have just been looking at their website at the terms and conditions:

3. LIABILITY (a) Trilegiant Corporation shall have no liability in regard to any services provided or to be provided, by any Vendor. You agree that any claim with regard to services shall be made against the Vendor of such services and not Trilegiant Corporation. Trilegiant Corporation's sole obligation hereunder shall be to forward to the Vendor all payments for services ordered, and to forward to you all necessary documents. (b) Trilegiant Corporation and its subsidiaries, and affiliates assume no responsibility nor liability in connection with the service of any train, vessel, carriage, aircraft, motor vehicle, or other conveyance which may be used, either wholly or in part, in connection with the services ordered, nor will any of them be responsible for any act, error, or omission, or for any injury, loss, accident, delay, or irregularity which may be occasioned by reason of any defect in any vehicle, or through the neglect of any person engaged in carrying out the purpose for which tickets or coupons are issued including, but not limited to, tour guides, vehicle operators, and hotel administration and staff. Trilegiant Corporation shall have no liability in the event any itinerary or arrangements are altered by Vendor. Any information provided by Trilegiant Corporation to you is subject to change without notice. All services ordered are subject to the availability of such services from the Vendor.

4. GOVERNING LAW; ARBITRATION This Agreement, and the respective rights and obligations of the parties hereunder, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Connecticut. If there is any dispute between you and GF, either of us may elect to have it resolved by proceeding in small claims court or by binding arbitration administered by the National Arbitration Forum, or the American Arbitration Association, under their rules for consumer arbitrations. All disputes in arbitration will be handled just between the named parties, and not on any representative or class basis. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS MEANS THAT YOU MAY NOT HAVE ACCESS TO A COURT OR JURY. The terms of this Section shall survive any termination, cancellation or expiration of this Agreement.

This basically means that they think they can make a contract which frees them of liability. This is of course totally insane. Right? You can't make a contract that frees you from legal responsibility.

Have any of you guys tried to contact the websites you used that signed you up for this without your knowledge? Like cheaptickets or whatever? It would seem that companies like that have a bit more at stake since their reputations mean a little more to them.

Nigerian Scammers on Skype