logo

Reservation desk
no refunds
3. (15 mins ago)
Snapdeal.com
Snapdeal cheating the people rupees
4. (32 mins ago)
Unfriendly to Class A Drivers

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

GREAT AMERICAN READERS, Bloomington, Minnesota Complaints & Reviews - FRAUD AND DECEPTIVE PRACTICE MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION

GREAT AMERICAN READERS Contacts & Informations

GREAT AMERICAN READERS

Posted: 2011-08-02 by    notthecat

FRAUD AND DECEPTIVE PRACTICE MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION

GREAT AMERICAN READERS
P.O. BOX 20051
Bloomington, Minnesota
Phone: 866-704-5419
PROBLEM, FRAUD AND DECEPTIVE PRACTICE, AND DIRECT VIOLATION OF THE NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY ;;;;; VIA MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION TELEMARKETING SERVICE OF GREAT AMERICAN READERS, BLOOMINGTON MINNESOTA... (READ THIS, ANY CLASS ACTION SUIT SEEKERS OUT THERE?, I'M WILLING IF YOU ARE...)

My husband agreed to a 4-magazine subscription for 1 year from a telemarketing call from GREAT AMERICAN READERS SERVICE...and I know we never would have ordered an ESPN magazine!. They apparently are doing some kind of "joint scamming" with the NATIONAL PUBLISHER'S EXCHANGE...Let me explain. (LOTS OF INFO HERE, BE PATIENT, READ IT AND USE IT IT WORKS!)

HISTORY:

We ordered 4 magazines, from the telemarketer claiming that it would be 45.00 for all 4 for one year. sounded like a great deal...right? well, we were told that after 7 days we could call an 800 # to cancell this order, and we did. It sounded too good to be true and by the time I researched it on the internet, we decided 4 days later to cancell. At that time, they told us it was too late, and that we would be stuck with a bill for $930.00. Then the collection calls started from them and EMPIRE COLLECTIONS CO . GREAT AMERICAN READERS IS GUILTY OF DECEPTIVE MARKETING AND FRAUD!!! THEY WERE CALLING AFTER 9PM ON A SUNDAY EVENING, AND 3-4 TIMES EVERY DAY, , , NOT ONLY THAT, THEY KEPT "DISGISING THEIR CALLER ID" AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS., AND THERE WAS ALWAYS A DIFFERENT "TELEMARKETER" WHO WAS "ASSIGNED TO OUR FILE". WHILE I KEPT TELLING THEM I AM ON THE NATIONAL DO NOT CALL LIST, AND TO "NOT CALL ME AGAIN", THEY CONTINUED...NORMALLY THIS WOULD BE A FINE OF UP TO $16, 000.00 ON FIRST OFFENSE, AND PRISON ON SECOND OFFENSE. ONE DAY I PICKED UP THE PHONE AND TOLD THE REP THAT I HAVE NO INTENTION OF PAYING FOR ANY OF THE MAGAZINES, , , TRUE, , SAVED EVERY COPY, , , TRUE, , , WENT TO MY LOCAL POST MASTER GENERAL, , , TRUE, , , AND FILED COMPLAINTS WITH THE AGENCIES LISTED BELOW. THE REPRESENTATIVE SAID IF YOU DON'T PAY, IT WILL GET WORSE...IMAGINE THAT, THREATENING ME FOR SOMETHING I CANCELLED ON DAY 4 OF 7... THEY THEN SENT MAGAZINES I DIDN'T EVEN ORDER LIKE: ESPN, PARENTS, ESQUIRE, ELLE, BASSMASTER, AND SHAPE JUST TO NAME A FEW. (((I THINK THEY ARE WORKING WITH THE NATIONAL PUBISHERS EXCHANGE BECAUSE I JUST RECEIVED A POST CARD FROM ESPN SAYING THEY RECEIVED MY INQUIRY REGARDING MY SUBSCRIPTION TO ESPN, AND THAT TEH ORDER WAS PLACED THROUGH AN AGENCY...
UPDATE:

FOLLOW THIS; THE AGENCY WAS NATIONAL PUBLISHERS EXCHANGE...WE NEVER PLACED AN ORDER THROUGH THEM, SO THEREFORE DEDUCED THAT THEY ARE WORKING WITH GREAT AMERICAN READERS. HERE ARE SOME SITES AND INFO FOR YOU TO RESEARCH, , , FILE COMPLAINTS, , , AND CONTACT:

NATIONAL PUBLISHERS EXCHANGE: 800-890-8180.

GREAT AMERICAN READERS, POBOX 20051, BLOOMINGTON, MN 55420 866-704-5419

MINNESOTA ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE FOR GREAT AMERIACAN READERS COMPLAINTS:
attn: CONSUMER SERVICES DIVISION, 445 MINNESOTA ST., 1400 BREMER TOWER, ST.PAUL, MN 55101

EMPIRE COLLECTION AGENCY, 114 SOUTH i ST, SUITE 419 ABERDEEN, WA Phone: 360-532-2484

SOLUTIONS FOR ACTION>>>>

W R I T E L E T T E R S T O: YOUR HOME STATE''S ATTORNEY GENERAL OFFICE, AND THE ATTORNEY
GENERAL'S OFFICE FOR THE COLLECTION AGENCY YOU ARE BEING CALLED BY. GET AS MUCH INFO
AS YOU CAN TO PUT INTO THE LETTER, DATES, NAMES, ETC.

C A L L Y O U R L O C A L P O L I C E D E P T. AND FILE A REPORT, GIVE THEM AS MANY DETAILS WITH NAMES AND DATES YOU CAN.

PUT YOURSELF ON ALL OF THE NATIONAL DO NOT CALL LIST. YOU CAN FIND THIS ON THE FTC (FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION'S) WEBSITE

CONTACT IN WRITING, THE 3 CREDIT BUREAU'S TELL THEM OF THE "FRAUD". (YOU MUST USE THIS WORD), GIVE THEM AS MUCH INFO AS YOU CAN SO THEY CAN NOTE THIS ON YOUR REPORT BEFORE YOUR CREDIT SCORE BEGINS TO PLUNGE. P R O T E C T Y O U R C R E D I T (NO ONE ELSE IS GOING TO DO IT FOR YOU)

W E B S I T E S F O R H E L P:
WWW.FTC.GOV -- LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH THE FTC.

GOOD LUCK!
Comments United States Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Feb, 2012 by   asapua 0 Votes
Please contact me at rtahni@yahoo.com.
I am having trouble with this scam and I need help doing all this.

How to Get Back Overdraft Fees From Your Bank