logo

Afremov.com
SCAM
3. (9 mins ago)
LG Electronics USA
Warn your friends and family
4. (11 mins ago)
Shipping a car

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Grant Consultant USA, Utah Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized charges!

Grant Consultant USA Contacts & Informations

Grant Consultant USA

Posted:    Arthur F. Agnew

Unauthorized charges!

Grant Consultant USA
Utah
Phone: 8888680848
Unauthorized charge of $3.87 on 12/23/07 for something I did not sign up for nor did I purchase. I have several charges during the same time frame and various companies totaling close to $200.00. They can now try to use that number as it no longer exists, my bank closed that account but I am still out the money and no way to get it back.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Feb, 2008 by   Lynne Burras 0 Votes
I need their web site because they have done the same thing to me.
 6th of Feb, 2008 by   Brenda L Chasse 0 Votes
They are charging us $49.00 a month for something not ordered. Cancelled last month. On my bill again this month. We're disputing the charge with our credit card company.
 20th of Feb, 2008 by   Gloria 0 Votes
I've had fraudulent transactions on my credit card, too (starting with Grant Consultant, emusic, Klee Irwin, Scholastic at Home...). I suspect that the problem is with a company that all of us may have done business with PRIOR to seeing these transactions. I had used my card previously for books, clothes, makeup...
 6th of Mar, 2008 by   McKinley 0 Votes
Oh my God, this happened to me too! Girls Gone Wild, Scholastic at home, Grant Consulant,IP EAuction, Reunion.com and GameHouse Studios.. all unauthorized charges on my debit card! are these related? or has one person stolen all our credit card numbers?? I notified my bank and they are taking care of it, you shouldnt have to pay for unauthorized charges.
 17th of Mar, 2008 by   Denita M Turns 0 Votes
Same problem!!! Can someone please send the number to get in contact with these people??? The number above is wrong. Thanks!!
 17th of Mar, 2008 by   Marcia Purvis 0 Votes
I also have been scammed by this company, so far 3 times.
 19th of Mar, 2008 by   Adam 0 Votes
Just happened to me as weel, does anyone have any information regarding how to get in contact with these people?
 31st of Mar, 2008 by   Nathan 0 Votes
Just caught 5 transactions on my account. Started out small ($1.95) and then hit me with $39.95 charges. Eauction, IP eauction, superauction, superauction pro and gamefly are what showed up. I caught it in time that my bank is allowing me to dispute them.
 3rd of Apr, 2008 by   byonddsgsted 0 Votes
OMG!! I just had the same thing happen to me. The charges were for Water4Fuel.com, eAuction, AP9* Trial Home, Scholastic Books, eMusic.com, BMC*CROSSINGS, & DISNEY MOVIE CLUB. This is too strange that we are all getting the same fraudulent charges! I even was able to get this thief's email address they are using. I have cancelled the card and another charge came through on the new card today which means someone is able to get my information. I filed a police report (you should all do that b/c they will give you a letter for your credit report agency) even though the charges are not a lot of money. Which is another strange thing b/c these fools ordered stuff and had it sent to me, so what on earth are they doing?! You should all call the companies that charged you even if your bank/credit card company is refunding you b/c that means there will still be an account open in your name.
 5th of Apr, 2008 by   Rob 0 Votes
This just happened to me as well. A pony club, a book club and this ip eauction. Here is a phone number for you guys. I just tried. Closed. Open 8-5 MST M-F. Of course voice mail box is full. The number is 800-497-4988. Good Luck.
 9th of Apr, 2008 by   J Bounds 0 Votes
Did the same thing to me. I called my credit card immediately and closed my account. Thanks everyone for the information.
 9th of Apr, 2008 by   igger 0 Votes
I to have also had the same problem with these 2 company’s charging my account! (Scholastic and pacific web works). I contacted them and of course to no surprise they could not tell me anything. I have canceled my cc and did file a police report im just lucky that only amount was charged is $11.90 between the 2 of them. Maybe they where test transactions? Anyway what can we do to fight these company's that are doing this we know who they are after all...
 11th of Apr, 2008 by   Phil 0 Votes
Same thing happened to me, and they also charged me like $60 for some EAuction product on my NEW credit card number. I'm suspecting that it is listed as a subscription and the credit card company allows them to bill since other subscriptions also changed to the new number without my doing. I also suspect that this is due to a leak at some other company that maybe we all have done business with in the past.
 11th of Apr, 2008 by   Phil 0 Votes
Further investigation.
What it appears is going on is that people are using these freebie sites to get free stuff, like iPods and XBOX360s.
Theres a whole culture that revolves around getting free stuff.
The way they work is they get people signed up usually to a subscription, but not always, and when they get enough sign-ups they get free stuff.
THAT is why items are being sent to you. They are legitimate businesses trying to advertize their wares.
What is happening is that people are stealing credit card numbers, and using those to sign up 'customers' with these advertisers.
Here's a Wiki page that lists companies that have these offers:

If you look on there, you will see the following listed:
eAuction Tutor
Disney Book Club
Girls Gone Wild
eMusic
Vista Print
Scholastic Phonics Reading Program

Starting to see a pattern here?

This merits further investigation... Still don't know where they are getting the CC numbers from in the first place.
Droz
 10th of May, 2008 by   cion 0 Votes
There was one day that my husband mentioned about Free Grant. Since we're looking for a new business and i am just new here in USA, and we don't have much money to put up, so he told me try to open Free Grants cuz maybe the gov't will gonna help me.
Then opened the site, there's a free book free but we have to pay the shipping and handling cost about $3.87 but they are willing to grant my needs without paying back. I registered over internet but i did not put my husband's mastercard's pin number cuz i am just afraid if this is scam.

Last May 08, 2008 (thursday)we receieved a call from free grants and this woman from called from call center she asked my husband's pin number. I said i don't know.
There are things i observed: the site has no contact numbers. When i called the 1-800 federal law, she said it's not listed. When i called the law agency she said, it might be a scam because they're not listed.
I think there's no such free grants because as what i observed here, there are so many low income family and instead they will gonna help people like me, they will give it those citizens who really need it.

One thing: I asked where did they get the money for free grants, she said it comes from tax payers. I don't think so.

Can u help me how can i deal with this?

this is the site: www.unitedstatesgrants.org
 11th of Jun, 2008 by   Mike Matthews 0 Votes
Same thing happened to me, I let them send me info on free grants for buissinesses, dont know how they got my cc # but now I am looking at charges for $3.87 and 2 more charges of $49.
 19th of Jun, 2008 by   Kim 0 Votes
Well I think that explains why this stuff iss actually being delivered to me... was wondering if 'they' planned to forward my mail or something...

like a lot of you...it seems that some one got a hold of my Visa Debit card number... so far in the past three days about 15 different orders have been placed thru various online companies - from what I read here it appears my card number has made its way into the hands of the scammers. This particular card hadn't been used in months... and I still had it in my wallet when my Credit Union called me to verify purchases made with the card.

luckily (not the norm) I was refunded all of my money.

interestingly enough - the combination of data they used ie, ship to name, ship to address, and card number can only be linked to one transaction - I have been pondering this for days... the transaction occurred two years ago when a plane ticket was purchased thru Delta Air Lines on line.

wasn't there something in the news a few months ago about Delta's data having been compromised? Anyone have a similar experience?

so far the companies that have charged my account are:
ENT Entertainment
AIC Hydroderm
Bidfuel
Blockbuster
Vistaprint
attempts were made at Netflix, Ebay, MyFax and Columbia House, but I was able to cancel the orders prior to shipment (I think)
 23rd of Jun, 2008 by   Ama 0 Votes
I called my credit card company to cancel my card because i do not use it.Only to be told i owed them £94.71.I enquired and i was told it was Grantconsultantteam.I have not signed up for any service.How can i get the money refunded on my card so that i can cancel it.I live in the UK.
 25th of Jul, 2008 by   scott 0 Votes
Too weird. Same thing is happening to me. Charges so far include:

-LifeLock (credit card fraud prtection...OH THE IRONY)
-FullTrust (more credit card fraud protection)
- Blockbuster
- Square Enix (online gaming)
- Knights Online (online gaming)
- Hydroderm
- FRS Energy Drinks
- Klee Irwin
- Grant Search

I've cancelled the card and the bank is filing the reimbursement papers for me.

An odd thing, though. I have received two boxes of products (Hydroderm and FRS) and my address is mis-typed the exact same on each order. Leads me to beleive they signed up at a sinlge site and just selected the products and services they wanted.
 25th of Jul, 2008 by   scott 0 Votes
Phil is right. The theives aren't interested in skin care products, government grants, or identity protection. they go to sites like http://www.360elite4free.com and register with your credit card number and sign up for offers of products. For every offer they sign up they receive points. When they get enough points they get a free XBOX.

Google "Free Xbox" and then visit the sites and you'll see many familiar "sponsors" of these sites. You'll recognize them from your credit card statement, unfortunately.

New American Dream: Rent, Not Own?

Latest Groups