logo

unfair charges, misreprestentation

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Grand Incentives / Great Gateways, Coral Gables, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Scam grand incentives!

Grand Incentives / Great Gateways Contacts & Informations

Grand Incentives / Great Gateways

Posted:    Lana

Scam grand incentives!

Grand Incentives
Coral Gables, Florida
I received Great Gateway’s free cruise certificate after listening to the timeshare representation from “Elite Gateways”. I mailed in the attached form on 07/27/07, and received my first registration letter called “cruise registration validation form”. Month later I received “pick your cruise form”, after another month I received “7 night cruise registration form”, after that “7 days cruise planning form” asking me to choose TWO EXACT DEPARTURE DATES 90 DAYS IN ADVANCE, ONE MONTH APART, ONLY THROUGH FEBRUARY 29. By the time we finished with never ending mail-in forms, I only had two choices of days within all these restrictions. And (what a surprise!) another letter says that they have no availability for these dates along with advertisement of another cruise for regular price. I called asking what proof do they have since almost all cruise lines were widely available for these dates especially so many days in advance. Great Gateways Rep says that they do not have any proof but only have 4 free (!) allotments per cruise. Let see, all the people at work and my neighbors received this invitation for free cruise, and when we were at the time share representation they were booked every day, every couple of hours with auditoriums full of people. Thousands and thousands of people got these “free cruises” which they unquestionably could not fulfill since there are only 4 allotments per cruise. This is a false advertisement and scam.

I also received Grand Incentives ” $50 gas rebate voucher after listening to the timeshare representation from “Elite Gateways”. I mailed in the attached form on 07/27/07. I mailed in my first $10 rebate form (I am not allowed to have more than $10 rebate in one month period). After 6-8 week period (as it is stated on the terms and conditions) passed I called and was advised that they are understaffed and hiring more people, next month call - same problem, in beginning of December they said not to worry “thousand checks are being mailed out” and I definitely will receive main before New Year. Today after 5 month waiting I called again and was advised that they are not sure when I will receive it. Please keep in mind I only allowed to receive next $10 after the previous one was processed and rebate voucher is good for one year only. Check out unsatisfactory report from BBB at: http://westflorida.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=47&bbb=0653&firm=90017298
Than I read about this kind of scam in Dep of Agriculture Warnings. Please everyone in the same situation post your reviews everywhere on board so other people would not go through that too.

I CAN NOT EVEN IMAGINE HOW PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY BOUGHT A TIMESHARE ON PRESENTATION GOT RIPPED OFF.

Comments United States Travel & Vacations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Jan, 2008 by   Sarina Eliyakim +1 Votes
1/11/2008
Hi,
I was ready to mail to Elite Getaways my money order for $65.00 dollars for the flight and when I read the above, I think I saved some money, time frustration.
Thank you very much for taking the time to post the above.
Sarina Eliyakim
 12th of Mar, 2008 by   Bonnie +1 Votes
Let me tell you.....if Elite Getaways ever dare call me again, they'll wish they hadn't. After sitting for a couple of hours, and being highly pressured by two different sales people, I was never able to cash in on the "free cruise" or "free trip to Vegas" etc. By the time you add on their "processing fees" and "taxes", it is cheaper to book your own cruise and go when you want to go. Just like the previous writer, it was a very aggravating experience and totally wasted my time. They are liars and cheats and should be put out of business!!!
 25th of Apr, 2008 by   Mary Cedeno +1 Votes
I hunted on the pamphlet for a phone or web site, nothing. Finally did a search, found a number and called. Have to "be sure to read the terms and conditions" on the form and mail in form with check for $50. Didn't do it, did this research instead. Glad I did'nt do it. Got the voucher from Rainbow Vacs. Lame.
 25th of Apr, 2008 by   joe -1 Votes
With people like you trying to get things for free... no wonder these type of guys stay in business. Why go to these presentations if you are not looking to get something for free? Both you and the "presenters" waste time with each other. Don't any of you have children you can spend time with, or work some overtime?
 22nd of May, 2008 by   John +1 Votes
I mailed in the attached form on 10/10/07. Completed the process in 3/10/08. Call them after two months (5/14/08) and they said the person working on my case is no longer with the company. Then (what a surprise!) they says that there's no availability for these dates and 'I will have to send you a new planning form for you to pick new dates'. BAD Company and SCAM. SCAM. SCAM.

After all the emails about my dates, he gave me quotes on a different date and the quotes is like full price if you do your own booking (better cabin and option anyways). True, 'it is cheaper to book your own cruise and go when you want to go'.
 27th of May, 2008 by   kevin cheek +1 Votes
I purchased a time share from kings creek plantation in williamsburg v.a and they gave me a free cruise certificate from grand incentives, and yes it is fraud. the certificate has a expiration date of 9-2-08 and i have been trying to book this cruise for over a year, they keep sending me forms thats saying almost the same thing. So i decided to call them and they mailed me a planning form.They will not let you fax this form only by mail. After you mail it in, there going to reject your request and you have to wait another 90 days before you get another rejection letter stating the same thing "cabin level allotment requested was unavailable".They have no intention on giving you anything, so know it 5- 24 08 and im sending one last form before this certificate expire on 9-2-08 and i bet anything there going to say the same thing than the certificate is void. The time share has gotten over an grand incentives.
 30th of May, 2008 by   susan morin +1 Votes
I have read all these complaints and Boy do I agree.
I have sent in my cruise certificate form 4x. Every time it is returned no availabilty, no entry level cabins etc.. They keep trying to make you pay for upgrades but never give any prices. My certificate exspires 9/08. They make you choose 2 dates ninety apart... There is no way... Boy was this a rip off.
 4th of Jun, 2008 by   Stacie +1 Votes
I received a postcard for free airfare and hotel from Elite Getaways, has anyone recieved this before and found out it was a scam? It does sound too good to be true, but just wanted to check first before wasting my time. Thanks
 12th of Jun, 2008 by   Raj +1 Votes
I agree, its a waste of time. I got a postcard for free airfare and got invited to Modern Travel Agency in Fairfield, NJ. We were the only couple there. They wanted me to buy a $9000 or $5000 travel club membership that will give me cheap rates to travel. I've been traveling for 20 years and I can always find cheaper rates on the internet. At the end to presentation, I was promised two airline tickets. Instead I got a form to fill out and send a certified mail to Grand Incentives Inc. in Florida. They will send us back another form and I'll have to send it $25/each ticket, total $50 to them and select three dates I would like to fly 90 days in future. There are tons of exclusion date, 1 week before and after all holidays and all dates subject to avaliabilty. They can just ask you to pick different dates. After reading the horrible reviews I'm going to save my $50 and stop wasting my time. This has SCAM written all over it. How can they stay in business? Why have people not complain to BBS and put them out of business?
 7th of Jul, 2008 by   Sharon +1 Votes
Absolutely horrible scam!
These people ought to be ashamed of themselves. Someone should check into other wrong doings of this organization, because I bet they break laws everyday, but no one has caught them yet.
 9th of Jul, 2008 by   Ann +1 Votes
We have a certificate for "a 4 or 5 Night Cruise" on Carnival - actually purchased at a March of Dimes auction. The certificate did not state specific dates, etc. When I contacted "Vacation Tour and Travel Agency", they said I was missing the folder with the additional info and exclusions. The cruise - for an inside room - would be an additional $857 - and was only available on specific dates - not days that I could take off from my work. In my discussion with the agent, I asked what GI was at the bottom of the page - and she said that she wasn't sure - she thought it was for Grant Incentives - actually from the internet site, it looks like they work together. I told the agent that I was surprised any reputable travel agency would be associated with GI. We had already had issues with GI with another "certificate" for a 2 night stay - and realized it appeared to be a scam! I'm not sure who the "scammer" is - maybe both! I agree with others - I don't know how they can keep doing this!
 5th of Aug, 2008 by   Lana +1 Votes
Could someone please advise how after so many complaints and so OPENLY scamming people THEY ARE STILL ALLOWED BY AUTHORITIES TO EXIST.
Please if you do care send your complaints to Dep of Agriculture and State Attorney!!
They should be stopped.
It is America and not some third world country for God Sakes.
 28th of Aug, 2008 by   Fred Rawlins +1 Votes
I agree totallhy; my company has been had by these peoiple and the Incentives are big time dis-incentives. Peeople like this deserve vacations IN JAIL.
 2nd of Sep, 2008 by   James Patterson +1 Votes
How can these people be stopped----how about all the people that were hurt by their dis-honesty get together and form a class action lawsuit? My husband & I bought the whole package from the seemingly honest group, what a joke. We have gotten nothing but the old run-around treatment from these people. We have gotten nothing but worthless flyers & hollow promises after each and every phone call. If this is anything that you would like to be involved in please contact us. With great appreciation. Nan Burgess
 17th of Oct, 2008 by   gringa 0 Votes
Elite Getaway - SOLOMON ARROYO are scum of the earth. Ripping off people as your job is criminal and they should be in jail. I'd do anything to get them there. ARROYO even has his wife and pre-school child playing the 'scam'. that is so disgusting. SOLOMON ARROYO is the scum bag that gives all humanity a bad name. If anyone has a class action suite going - email me and. It would be my pleasure.
 1st of Feb, 2009 by   george 0 Votes
my wife and I recieved the free phamphlet for listening to a time share promo. We have sent in 2 request and never heard anything back from Grand Incentives. I will be following up with the Postal Service Inspecitors on mail fraud. They need to know about this!!!
Send it to :
INSPECTION SERVICE SUPPORT GROUP
222 S RIVERSIDE PLAZA STE 1250
CHICAGO IL 60606-6100
or online at https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms/MailFraudComplaint.aspx
 14th of Oct, 2009 by   bentaylor 0 Votes
They sent back our $198 postal money order after the deadline saying it was void since we did not fill out the form correctly. Looking at the form they sent back they circled the night time phone number. SINCE we had not filled in the night time phone number they voided the entire thing. The ironic thing is the phone number I put for the main number was my cell phone, they could have called it at night, or any time for that matter. Sounds like if this first trip up had not happened we would have had something else happen. What a waist of time! Thought about mailing them some roadkill or poop.
 8th of Jun, 2010 by   D and E Petersen 0 Votes
RE Grand Incentives While on a cruise wE were conned into this also walking along the beach in st Maartin A girl stopped us to pick a lucky card She said my husband had won a free cruise.Anyway bottom line is we did buy 4 weeks of ""LUXURY" travel from Grand Incentives $4k u s
WE have never received any cruise, hotel, flight, or ANYTHING at all from them WE knew immediately it was a scam WE got back to the ship and I called my credit card to cancel the deal IT was too late
WE returned to St Maarten the following year and went to see them They were so rude to us and totally ignored us ...Nothing refunded at all...WE drove to Sarasota in Florida to actually go tothe office and they had closed and were moving to a new LOcation????I still have all the docomentation and Know All the names of the salesmen and agents ...I have tried many many times to get some satisfaction, but again to no avail WE are in our 70's and did think this was the answer to our vacation time Thank you Mr/Mrs Petersen in Canada
 17th of Jul, 2010 by   Believe It to Be +1 Votes
My close friend worked for the Grand Incentives headquarters in Sarasota, Florida for 2 years and finally left from all the guilt that built up from being required to lie to "members" and "customers".

The internal term used to describe all the ways to block people from ANY refunds or discounts is called "breakage". Yep, that's right, all documents are built with specific "breakage points" that prevent any money from flowing out of the business.

For example;
1.) Misspelling ANY names or words on ANY documents is grounds for refusal of payment; this "breakage point" allows the company to return the documents to the sender for "correction".
2.) Providing only two desired destinations for your "free" vacation instead of three; that's right-a "breakage point" that is grounds for refusal to even start working on the document by a customer service rep.

Ready for this; the redemption rate for "Rebates" and "Vacation Rewards" is 3%. So 97% of every "Rebate" that is submitted, or "Vacation Reward" sent, is blocked by "breakage points" to prevent any money from actually flowing out of the business.

The owner of the company is Jose Martinez who rules with any iron fist. That's why nobody is coming forth with any testimony or going to the justice department for help; he has very bad temper and will ruthlessly fire people under any suspicion. My friend says they call it the Mexican Mafia.

The only way to fight this guy is by spreading the word of what a deliberate scam the whole company is.
 3rd of Sep, 2010 by   esanchez1951 0 Votes
I also went to Kings Creek Plantation and received a free getaway from Grand Incentives and $100 gas voucher. We also sent in the forms with the requested vacation dates and three times were rejected with "travel dates not available." When we called to inquire they just kep saying they would send another application form. We finally gave up. As for the gas voucher, we never did receive a penny and never heard from them. We filed a complaint with Virginia Department of Agriculture and received a letter that they were investigating my complaint. However, I called Joseph Boisineau, the one who signed the letter, and he never returned my calls or followed up on my claim. What a waste of time. My advice - if you are not interested in a owning a time share, don't go to one of those presentations. Don't let them suck you into their scam.

Help for Homeowners: HARP 2.0