logo

4. (1 hr 26 mins ago)
Business / Personal Loan Offer
Apply urgent loan offer
5. (1 hr 28 mins ago)
Garcina Cambogia & Digestit (Colon Cleanse')
Unorauthorised Deduction from my Visa Account

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Grand Getaways Vacation Travel Club Complaints & Reviews - Grand Getaways is a big rip-off!

Grand Getaways Vacation Travel Club Contacts & Informations

Grand Getaways Vacation Travel Club

Posted:    Valerie

Grand Getaways is a big rip-off!

I bought Grand Getaways in St. Martin and according to the US office they are not connected, yet now I am a member. I purchased this travel club to eliminate my traveling problems,(which is what they promise). When I called for airfare, it was priced higher than right off the internet. They had no travel locations available when requested, yet the other travel agencies had plenty. They say they can sell your timeshares with no problems, yet after you pay the money you don't hear from them again. If you call the sales office after purchasing, they claim they satisfy 87% of the time, and I guess I fell into the 13%.

Resort Solutions (supposedly the company that sells your timeshare for you) is probably a one person office that takes your money and doesn't even say thank you. When you call her from the Grand Getaways office to see if she can sell your timeshares, she tells you that they would sell easily because you paid so little, add a couple thousand and in 3 months they would be gone. Six months later, she states they are overpriced and won't sell.

Grand Getaways is a big rip-off.

Comments United States Travel & Vacations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Jul, 2011 by   KENMOORE +3 Votes
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::TO EVERYONE OUT THERE::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

TO EVERYONE OUT THERE THAT BELIEVES THEY WERE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF LIED TO SO ON :::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I WILL LIKE EVERYONE TO TAKE A FEW MINUTES AND SEND ME AN EMAIL IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET A :::::::::CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT STARTED :::::::::: PLEASE EMAIL ME NAME ADDRESS PHONE NUMBER AND A SHORT LETTER OF WHY YOU WANT TO CANCEL AND GET A FULL REFUND ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ONCE I GET ENOUGH I WILL GO TO THE LAWYERS OFFICE AND SUBMITT ALL THE PAPERS TO THEM :::::::

I LOVE THERE 7 NIGHT FREE VACTION TURNS OUT TO BE CLOSE TO $400 IN FEE'S ALONE:::::: THERE HOTEL DEALS ARE THE SAME OR HIGHER THAN THE INTERNET SEARCH ::::: PLANE TICKETS AND HUNDREDS MORE THAN INTERNET SEARCH

THERE $50 GAS REBATE I SENT THAT IN BACK IN MID MARCH 2011 CALLED UP 2 WEEKS AGO TO SEE WHAT WAS THE STATUS OF THAT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP PUT ME ON HOLD FOR LIKE 15 - 20 MIN'S TELLS ME THEY WILL BE IN THE MAIL IN A FEW DAYS YOU """WILL HAVE THEM ( I HAVE 2 ) WITH-IN A WEEK """ WELL I CALL YESTERDAY JULY 19, 2011 AFTER THE LONG WAIT AGAIN WAS TOLD """''THEY ARE STILL PROCESSING THEM """ WHEN I TOLD THE REP I WAS TOLD A FEW WEEKS BACK THEY WERE DONE PROCESSING AND WOULD BE IN THE MAIL IN A FEW DAYS THE REP'S RESONSE """"" THEY DID NOT TELL YOU THAT SIR """""" I ASKED HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT I WAS TOLD WERE YOU ON THE PHONE WITH ME FOR THOSE 15 TO 20 MINUTES I JUST HAD ENOUGH AND HUNG UP ...

THINK IT IS TIME TO TAKE ACTION

KEN MOORE
ST PETERSBURG, FLORIDA 33713

YAMAHAWATERCRAFT@AOL.COM

27th of Jul, 2011 by   Tonya Wiley +1 Votes
I am sending my information to my legal advisors to see if there is anything we can do about this scam. They make it seem like everything is so easy but I sent money in and didn't hear from anyone I had to call there and they keep telling me they are working on it. It should not take a month to book 2 airline tickets. This is ridiculous I think we should get money back because they are not following the guidlines in the award certificates. The coast to coast people blame the grand getaways people so you are stuck in a loop hole. I agree also on the credit card thing that was supposed to stay at 2% and wow it went up so I had to transfer my balance. I will follow up so you all can be informed about what prepaid legal can tell me on a way out.
 31st of Jul, 2011 by   GrandGetaways -1 Votes
We apologize for the experiences you describe. We would love the opportunity to speak with you. We do stand by our promises and pride ourselves on providing the best value to our members. Please call us so that we may work with you to resolve these issues to your satisfaction. Contact our Quality Assurance Team directly at 888-269-0182.
 13th of Sep, 2011 by   Investigative Reporter 0174 +1 Votes
After reading all of this, I am referring this matter to the Florida Department of Consumer Affairs through my Congressman's office. Additionally, i will fax the Federal Trade Commission and ask that an independent investigation be opened... I am sick and tired of these scammers taking advantage of the innocent.
 19th of Sep, 2011 by   cantisano +1 Votes
It is a big fraud. They sell you a dream but you will never get what you pay for. They have an office in Santo Domingo just to sell. When you go to ask for a vacation they have an average price on hotels or they have not the so called "resorts condominio program" in the city you want to go. Be aware, dont lose your money.
 7th of Oct, 2011 by   Disgusted would be customer +1 Votes
The Coast to Coast company called and told us that they had taken over Cheap trips and that we had 3, 000 dollars equity with them and also some airline tickets with them (Coast to Coast) from the buy out of Cheap trips. They said that we needed to send them money in order to get what was already ours and needed a credit card number. When we questioned the rep about this, a legitimate concern, the rep hung up the phone. When I called back, the person that we spoke with said the rep probably hung up because he was passionate about his job. (Bullsh_t)...you call me for my business and you hang up on me...what kind of fraggle naggle bull is this...shut the front door. I would like for Grand getaways aka Coast to Coast to write a rebuttle explaing this crap...please...I await your response with great anticipation. Explain this away if you dare. You are definitely not a Proffesional organization...rebut away please.
 11th of Oct, 2011 by   Sarah W +1 Votes
We definitely need to stand together agaist these liars. I think scott and theresa cianciolo are orgnizing a class lawsuit against Coast to Coast Grand getaways too. their complain board name is: tac4hymn
I am deeply tramatized by what this company did to me. I will join the class lawsuit.
 11th of Oct, 2011 by   Sarah W +2 Votes
 28th of Oct, 2011 by   lemily +1 Votes
I purchased the Silver Grand Getaways package for $4, 995. I ended up canceling for a few reasons. It made me a little wary that the price kept dropping. Even after I submitted my cancellation letter, I was contacted by a representative who offered to drop my price $1, 000 more to get me to stay. Also, with the millions of members the company claims - why was it so hard to find positive feedback? At the time, there were only three reviews on the official Coast to Coast Grand Getaways website. Three! I didn't like that I wasn't given access to the gograndgetaways website right away. It was unclear how to even gain access. So, here I've paid $5, 000 and don't have full access to what I've purchased. The cancellation period was only 7 days. I had yet to receive the membership book or access to the website to preview some of the deals. I was reading so many negative reviews online; my purchase decision wasn't sitting well. Having said all that, I do need to give credit where credit is due. I cannot say Grand Getaways is a scam. I can say it seems a little sketchy and by the time I would have had full access to what I had purchased my cancellation period would have expired. I have read a few reviews of customers having problems getting refunds. I had absolutely no issues! Within 7 days of when my cancellation letter arrived, the ENTIRE refund was back in my account.
 18th of Dec, 2011 by   KENMOORE 0 Votes
IF YOU ARE STILL WANTING TO DO A CLASS ACTION LET ME KNOW i HAVE ANOTHER PERSON DOING LEGAL WORK AND RESEARCH ON THIS COMPANY SO FAR WE DUG UP THEY HAVE BEEN SUED FOR MANY THING FROM NON PAYMENT OF PAYROLL TAX
IF YOU KNOW OF ANY OTHER PEOPLE READ ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE PLEASE FORWARD EVERYTHING TO ME PLEASE USE A HEADER OF ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::BELOW

RCI CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT ...??????

THIS WAY IT WILL NOT GO INTO SPAM AND I LOOSE YOUR EMAILS I WANT TO REALLY MOVE ON THIS COMPANY AFTER THE HOLIDAYS I HAVE SPOKEN TO LAWYERS AND I NEED MORE PEOPLE SO IF ANYONE CAN EMAIL AT iF YOU ARE STILL WANTING TO DO A CLASS ACTION LET ME KNOW i HAVE ANOTHER PERSON DOING LEGAL WORK AND RESEARCH ON THIS COMPANY SO FAR WE DUG UP THEY HAVE BEEN SUED FOR MANY THING FROM NON PAYMENT OF PAYROLL TAX

RCI CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT ...??????

THIS WAY IT WILL NOT GO INTO SPAM AND I LOOSE YOUR EMAILS I WANT TO REALLY MOVE ON THIS COMPANY AFTER THE HOLIDAYS I HAVE SPOKEN TO LAWYERS AND I NEED MORE PEOPLE SO IF ANYONE CAN EMAIL ME WHAT YOU CAME UP WITH
MY EMAIL YAMAHAWATERCRAFT@AOL.COM

KEN MOORE
ST PETERSBURG FL 33713
 9th of Feb, 2012 by   2cj 0 Votes
i, as well was contacted by ccgg (coast to coast grand getaways) stating that it had taken over cheaptrips and i had an outstanding account valued at $3000. it is possible my spouse did purchase vacation ownership with cheaptrips however neither of us remember doing so. at any rate, after a long and enthusiastic sales pitch, offering a lifetime membership and boundless vacation opportunities, it came down to the request for a credit card and number being solicited over the phone. first, i never give a credit card number to anyone or organization that coldcalls me, no matter what they claim; secondly, if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is too good to be true. i told the rep that i would investigate the company first and was offered to be assisted on the search (by him) which i graciously declined and insisted i investigate the company first then callback if i felt the company was legitimate and reliable. and again declined to give my credit card number to him. i was told he could not wait (having 30, 000 other people to contact) and that it was now or never. i chose never and forfeited any outstanding value from cheaptrips. he hung up. i know from timeshare sales experience, the reps are aggressive and forceful. it is very necessary to protect yourself and not succumb to aggressive sales techniques which are frequently used by companies such as ccgg. buyer beware. for all of you who have purchased into the vacation ownership company and have buyers regret or have had bad experiences trying to book vacations, i wish you well in your attempts for refunds and/or retribution.
 16th of Feb, 2012 by   Frostalicious 0 Votes
My husband and I got a call tonight in Norfolk Virginia from Grand Getaways, they say they are from Williamsburg Virginia, not sure if this is all the same company but we have been offered 2 free air tickets to anywhere in the US and a $50 gas card to come to their location this Friday for a 90 minute schpeel. Are you all saying that even if we do not sign up for anything we more than likely will not really get the airline tickets or the gas money ? I am pretty sure after reading everything here that we will not be attending. So glad everyone tells their story. Thanks for saving us.
 10th of Mar, 2012 by   Ageless Traveler 0 Votes
In Richmond, VA, we went to a presentation on Grand Getaways offered by Coast to Coast. If this is such a great deal, why the limited time type of sales pitch? We decided to give it a try as the slide show did show savings in ways we travel. Once we got access to their website, everything people have written so far, well, we cannot disagree with them.
If you go to a presentation, request a live comparison to what other travel sites offer as compared to theirs, (remember WIFI is everywhere these days) and slide shows are not. As with timeshares, this deal is not worth the money for a membership, might be at $200 a year, but requiring a huge initial amount in the thousands is not justified in our opinion. If they say, only 30% is shown on-line, then request they upgrade their website to handle 100% of their available travel deals, then 'call you back' once that is accomplished. In this era of automation I find it hard to believe they can't get 100% of their offerings on-line for their customers. That would save them money, not cost more. Our suggestion, research this before you go. Make them prove out the savings by booking your first trip using a temp login, come prepared.
 20th of Mar, 2012 by   purplebetty 0 Votes
this company is poorly run and the "agents" are picky about who they call back. One agent is named April who is very rude and someone named Kim that isnt very helpful either, not sure what office they are in but they never freakin get back to you. there are too many rules and half the people who answer the phone dont know what the hell is going on. dont get taken with this company grand incentives, cheap trips, coast to coast they are all run by the same company...
 16th of Apr, 2012 by   bigtraveler 0 Votes
best vacation club ever!!! for much better than any time share club...there are no maintenance fees and they have great affordability on accommodations i think its the best thing since slice bread!! do get fool by the false bad reviews that clearly there competitions are posting online..there all about cruises and all inclusive and adventure tours...best club ever.
 23rd of Apr, 2012 by   angryman2 0 Votes
My wife and I purchased a grandgetaway vacation package for $3995.00. This was in Richmond VA and was talked to by Ron Hussein. He was the leader of the pack at our presentation and made all the final decisions. He went from initially offering us the package for $7995.00 As we talked, and I questioned him about different aspects of his presentation, he kept dropping the price.
I have been very weary of draws like this in the past and still am, but I let him talk me into the purchase, after all he cut the price in half.
I read the contract throughly when I got home, something they don't give you time for at the presentation. I realized that I had been scammed by a very smart con man and business associates. I have sent in my cancellation by certified registered mail and requested a signature receipt of delivery. I don't expect to see the two $50 American Express prepaid cards for my gas for attending the presentation, if I do I'll let you know at a later date. Upon looking at the so called free cruise and airfare, I have estimated it will cost me out pocket expense of around $1000.00 for taxes, fees and ect. I will let them keep their cruise and air fare, I can get the same deal without them for just a couple hundred dollars more and know exactly where I am staying. I want have to worry about where they are going to stick my wife and me.
 18th of Jun, 2012 by   cheryl23662 0 Votes
I attended one of their seminars several months ago and refused to buy. My husband and I left knowing the whole thing was a scam. Today I received a call. The caller ID clearly said "Grand Getaways". When I answered and told them not to call me again, the man said in a really mean voice "This is a tax collection service, you better speak to me". I laughed and told him I had caller ID, my son was a lawyer and if he didn't want to be fined $10, 000 because I am on the "Do not call list", he had better never call me again. ITS A HUGE BIG SCAM, STAY AWAY AND THESE PEOPLE WILL OBVIOUSLY DO ANYTHING TO KEEP YOU ON THE PHONE.
 25th of Jul, 2012 by   Dissatisfied in Ohio +1 Votes
About six or seven years ago, I was trying to find cheap airline tickets and stumbled across Cheap Trips. I must have purchased something to get discounted tickets. Several years later, I received a call from Grand Getaways stating that I had $3, 000.00 in "equity" from their buyout of Cheap Trips. I had no clue what the heck they were talking about, and graciously declined any further dealings. They kept calling me !! One call, I literally told the rep to stop "F" ing calling me...I AM NOT INTERESTED, and hung up. He called back 13 times ( in a row ) !!! I threatened to call the Attorney General, police, State Reps and anyone else I needed to call to make this idiot stop harassing me. I didn't hear from Grand Getaways for quite some time, until just recently. This time it was supposedly someone higher up on the totem pole. Oh, he offered two $500.00 airline vouchers, a $50.00 American express card ( he said to treat myself to a manicure or something), two free weeks a year at any resort in the Continental U.S. !!! All this for $199.00 a year. He insisted I should take advantage of the two year membership for $ 349.00 because there were more perks ! I told him I had just filed bankruptcy and could not justify purchasing a vacation getaway deal. He said he understood, BUT would give me a call back in November in case anything changes, because he "didn't want me to lose my $3, 000.00 equity! What a nice guy... NOT !!! SMELLS LIKE A SCAM. Thank God for caller ID.
 27th of Jul, 2012 by   GrandGetaways 0 Votes
Hello everyone,
I apologize if you have felt pressured into anything. It is company policy to remove anyone who requests to be taken off our call or email lists. If you are still receiving unwanted communications, please email me at qualityassurance@gograndgetaways.com, and I will ensure they stop. However, our seasoned travel agents help thousands of members travel around the world each year. You may actually find our services to be a great asset as you book travel.

I hope you're having a great summer,
Coast to Coast Grand Getaways
 9th of Apr, 2013 by   babykitty 0 Votes
My wife and I purchased a $6000.00 dollar package in the spring of 2012, at the Harbor House presentations on Ft. Myers Beach Florida. We thought it might be of value; but my health became unpredictable and has detured us from being able to make travel plans. I contacted Grand Getaways in March 2013 and ask how either I could sell my membership or and avenue to recover my investiment. After paying for two more years membership, I was told to sell it on Craigs List or Ebay, or to contact Harbor House which no longer has anything to do with Coast-to-Coast Grand Getaways. I would be happy to sell the package at a loss to anyone that could use it. Help! Contact Randy at Tropictoo@aol.com

Twitter Hack