logo

1. (2 mins ago)
Kafaa
riverwood university
2. (8 mins ago)
incredible health remedies.com sciatica relief
money taken no goods received
3. (46 mins ago)

Grammarly.com

Posted:    indimag

Over Billing & Billing On Closed Account

Gramarly.com
I wanted to check out Grammarly.com - the online grammar checker. I opted for a 1 month only plan. So I was to be charged about USD 20/- for that. Little did I realize that in the reams of fine print they state that despite you choosing a 1-month only plan, they enroll you and keep charging you beyond the month. I called & mailed, but no one returns the calls. The customer service always gos to an answering machine and the sole message I got was a standard blah blah about how Grammarly.com keeps billing to ensure uninterrupted service ; this despite you requesting a 1 month only plan ! I resigned myself to the scam and closed my account pronto. Now the account is closed but I am still being charged. This is the 3 rd months now ! Again calls/support queries are not answered.

To anyone wanting to use Grammarly.com, be careful it is scam ! the software is slow and horrible to boot...
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Sep, 2010 by   Gregory Carpets -4 Votes
ear Grammarly user,

My name is Gregory Carpets and I am a senior customer support representative at Grammarly.com. We are sorry to see your comments regarding Grammarly experience, while thousands benefit from our writing assistance technology.

In order for me to assist, can you please provide the email you used for Grammarly registration? I will make sure to track your account and see what might have been wrong. Please contact me at greg.carpets@grammarly.com

For your reference, please review Grammarly billing policy at http://www.grammarly.com/terms.php#billi…

With a hope to change your Grammarly usage experience.

Gregory Carpets
Grammarly.com
Source(s):
www.grammarly.com
 2nd of Oct, 2010 by   No Dope +3 Votes
Thank goodness for google! Just when I was considering signing up for a membership with Grammarly.com, I opted to to do a little digging on their background. Cut and paste, robot-like replies that have grammatical mistakes leave much to be desired. Did this guy use Grammarly to proof his message before submitting it?

Who would trust a company that refuses to cancel memberships in a timely fashion, and diverts their elusive customer service department to countering negative remarks instead of doing their jobs? While Grammarly.com may think that they can sweep complaints under the rug instead of addressing them head on, they'll soon learn when the number of new people signing up starts to drop. In fact, scam companies like Grammarly.com are seldom managed by people competent enough to get the big picture before they end up going bankrupt. You might have a swell product with a ton of bells and whistles, but if you can't operate like a reputable company then you might as well hang up the towel now. I feel terrible about the person who is having this issue, but you have undoubtedly saved many people from the same fate.
 20th of Oct, 2010 by   Ann Johnson 0 Votes
Hello. I’m the Head of Customer Support at Grammarly. We take all customer feedback very seriously, and make it our outmost priority to support our users in a timely fashion. Our team worked with the customer to solve the issue, and we determined that the issue occurred because the customer mistyped email address when creating a Grammarly account, so our customer support associates could not connect further requests from this customer to the original account. The issue is corrected now, and the client was issued a full refund. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Serving over 500, 000 users at 300+ colleges and universities around the globe, Grammarly is the leading writing support technology on the market. Responding to the growing demand, we are constantly ramping up our customer support operations to assist our subscribers better. Our company is fully committed to improving customer experience, and we make every effort to support our users in expedited fashion. Our users appreciate our hard work – with about 2, 000 friends of Grammarly’s recently launched Facebook page (and growing!) and in countless testimonials that we receive from our clients every day. We encourage you to visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Grammarly/139729956046003 and follow our sister site, Sentenceworks, on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/sentenceworks.
 9th of Nov, 2010 by   pzz 0 Votes
Let me get this straight. One (1) person has a beef with Grammarly and is posting it all over the net. One effing guy?? This is stupid.
 3rd of May, 2011 by   Maslow35 0 Votes
This is happening to me as well. I have tried to reset my password so that I can cancel my subscription and it is never sent to me. I have been charged for several months and I am pissed. They do not provide a phone number to contact if there is a problem. The original password I signed up with is said to be incorrect. Do not use this site!!!
 8th of Jun, 2011 by   Kim Thompson +1 Votes
I paid Grammarly $40 for a 3 month subscription. They took the money right out of my paypal. Two days later, they canceled my subscription...but didn't give me a refund. They still have my $40! The only phone number I can find rings once and quits...and they don't solve crap on their help desk. Ugggg I swear if they don't straighten this out, I'm gonna paste it all over the net what they did to me...
 22nd of Jun, 2011 by   Cello +3 Votes
Hi,

I was doing myself some research on grammarly, for I was very much interested in using their services. I found some intriguing things in the process, including the ones noted above in this forum, but I guess the most intriguing - not to say scary - was when I pasted a chapter from Harry Potter, and Grammarly pointed 275 "critical writing issues" and gave a rating of "0" (zero) and called it "poor". The attachment shows that result, but you can do the test yourself. I found that to be staggering to say the least, because that means either J.K. Rowling is a very bad writer or Grammarly is a very bad software...
 29th of Jul, 2011 by   overlyemotional +1 Votes
I agree with everyone. Anyone and everyone should know to never use Grammarly.com. They don't have a customer service to resolve issues quickly and as I have read all over the internet, everyone who has used Grammarly and then canceled has had their accounts charged for months without people from Grammarly helping. I hope that this company is shut down.
 24th of Mar, 2012 by   Salli26 +1 Votes
The same thing happened I was charged up to 60 pounds in two months, and I requested for a refund but no one has gotten back to me and to add insult to injury my essay was plegerised on turn it In because it shows that it already exist. I hate them, scammers, pls don't use this site GRAMMERLY they are thieves
 3rd of Apr, 2012 by   Experienced scientific editor +1 Votes
I've been a professional editor of scientific articles for 20 years, starting from a background in science rather than in editing. With some trepidation, I tried Grammerly's free trial. They claimed to find many weaknesses in a good piece I took from Wikipedia. Most tellingly, the short customer service responses seen above have some features that look ugly to me, e.g.: "In order for me to assist" is a wordy variant of "For me to assist"; "We take all customer feedback very seriously, and make it our outmost priority to support" should have no comma because it is a single sentence with a compound predicate rather than a compound sentence. Thank goodness I checked before I bought. Thanks for your great service.
 30th of Apr, 2012 by   bregood 0 Votes
I just discovered that Grammarly has been billing me for two years though I signed up for a one month only membership. Doesn't seem to be a customer service line anywhere. Surprised since BBB gives them an A- rating.
 17th of May, 2012 by   Doctore 0 Votes
I used grammarly in the past. As an a non-native speaker, I found their services usefull. However, I got pissed off when I realized that they charged me an annual fee. I did not know it was recurring. I had to contact PayPal and create a dispute with them.
 4th of Jun, 2012 by   PissOff Person +3 Votes
Grammarly is a fraud site. I have a credit card charge on my account for $139.95 from this company that I did not authorize, I never even heard of this website until I saw the fraud charges. I did not authorize this charge and even after trying to dispute it with my stupid credit card company, they resolved it in favor of grammarly. I can't even find a damn number to this effin' website to call and speak to someone about my fraud charges.
 8th of Jun, 2012 by   Patrick Treacy +2 Votes
I agree Grammarly is a total fraud site. I also had a credit card charge on my account for $139.95 from this company that I did not authorize, I also never even heard of this website until I saw the fraud charges. I did not authorize this charge and Paypal quickly blocked them down. HOW DARE THEY TAKE MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. This company is a SCAM!
 30th of Jun, 2012 by   cmbb +3 Votes
I am dealing with the same issue with Grammarly. I have tried to contact them via phone, email etc, and have received no response. My next step is to report them to the fraud department at Citibank to ensure that they stop charging my credit card. I also plan to report them to the CA Consumer Fraud department.
 7th of Aug, 2012 by   Smithenes  Best Advice +4 Votes
I canceled my Grammarly subscription within the trial period. They tried to charge my credit card anyway. They don't have a phone number for customers to call. Will have to file a fraud claim with my card issuer to stop these slimy crooks.

From the comments around the web, it appears they intentionally charge customers after the trial period.
 6th of Dec, 2012 by   rnrhb +1 Votes
Approximately year ago I decided to give a try to Grammarly, and signed up for their 7 day trial. However, I decided to cancel my account within the trial period, because I didn't think it was that great. Yesterday 12/5/12 (after year later of my cancellation) I noticed how Grammarly had billed my credit card for $95.45. I was so furious and immediately e-mailed their "customer service" and told them that I would file fraudulent charges against their company if the money wasn't returned immediately. Fortunately, I got the response back from their customer service rep Lori, who stated the that indeed the charges were incorrect, and how she was planning to issue me a refund within 10 business days. This company is such a big scam, AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ANY COST.
 1st of Mar, 2013 by   Eswar.S +1 Votes
Please don't ever use this site.I would hardly suggest anyone not to give even a try to this site.At first registeration itself the system will forcefully asks you to enter credit card/debit card details or paypal account.There is a 7 days trail period and i am not sure about ther charging mechanism after that.I opted for 7 days and filled up the registration detail through my debit card.But twice i faced registration failed saying the system could, 't validate the debit card number and results in vain.But the amount was debited.This was one of the worst experience i ever faced online.did anyone heard about choosing 7 days trail pack that too not even completing the registration, and getting screwed up.This is completely bullshit.

Regards
Eswar.
eswaramoorthy.rockers@gmail.com
 28th of Mar, 2013 by   mijo4 0 Votes
i have a mac and can't seem to download this app and since it's been 3 wks and i have discovered that there is no customer service to talk to and i wanted to ask how to download and now i am stuck ...trying to figure it out by myself...any tips ...will close my debit if i have to avoid charges...
 1st of Jul, 2013 by   balogun2 0 Votes
Please run away from gramarly.com. They are fraudulent. I subscribed to their 7 days trial services and cancelled before the expiration of the trial period . But to my amaze, they made two unauthorized withdrawals from my bank account. I tried to contact them by phone but no one answered my calls. I believe they intentionally set up the phone just to deceive potential victims. I have contacted my bank and hopefully something positive will come out of it. However, I want the general public to be aware of their scam and not fall victim.
It is obvious they are out to defraud people of their money since their are similar complaints made by many people even before now. I wish I had checked their integrity before registering my bank information on their website.

balogunyinka@hotmail.com

Dental Insurance: Should You Bite?

Latest Groups